Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Are you kidding me.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Are you kidding me. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are you kidding me. - 12/9/2010 5:07:35 PM   
Death_Row_Marv

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Death_Row_Marv

Seeing as this film version of Wesker came after the Matrix your comment makes no sense.

But did the game?

Wesker from the film is different to the games.

Film Wesker is a carbon copy of Agent Smith.

Rule one. I am always right.
Rule two. If it looks like I am wrong refer to rule one.
Check out http://marksfilmview.wordpress.com/

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 31
RE: Are you kidding me. - 12/9/2010 5:31:45 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

Seeing as this film version of Wesker came after the Matrix your comment makes no sense.

But did the game?

Wesker from the film is different to the games.

Film Wesker is a carbon copy of Agent Smith.

Really? I thought he was spot on. Cold and as wooden as a forest.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Death_Row_Marv)
Post #: 32
RE: Are you kidding me. - 12/9/2010 6:59:07 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Seemed spot on to me. After playing Resi 5 he was hamtastic in both the game and the film. Tell you what though, does my head in how some people kind of apologise for liking these films 'Guilty pleasure' so to speak. You gotta just like what you like man, fuck the haters!

Anyone know how this did at the box office? Hopefully we get part 5 sooner rather than never!

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 33
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 12/9/2010 7:52:57 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

It's the largest opening for the series, took $10 million in the US. It's expected to have a domestic opening weekend of about $28 million. Budget was $60 million, and it's bound to make a pretty penny over seas too. I expect a sequel will be announced tomorrow morning

You're not going crazy, Arthur. You're going sane in a crazy world!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 34
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 12/9/2010 8:44:30 PM   
Deviation

Well since the purpose of these films only exist for Anderson to parade his hot wife naked (and don't say that it is for any other reason, like money, becuase if you do you are deluded), for how long is Alice naked in this? 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to MoBiUGeArSkIn)
Post #: 35
Awesome film - 13/9/2010 11:06:55 AM   
moo.v.buff

This was a very enjoyable fast paced action/horror film which was very true to the resident evil games.

Take it for what it is and you will enjoy it!

Post #: 36
Sad Panda - 13/9/2010 12:45:15 PM   
Death_Row_Marv

Well Resi 5 the film is go.

It really is a sad state of affiars tha the games have a better story and make more sence than the nonsensical crap Anderson has turned the films into. Just tossing villians and heros from all of the games.

I don't mind 1 and 3. They were OK films.  2 was utter crap, one of the most badly directed and edited films ever(even worse than Padnorum.) 4 was just dumb. And not even dumb fun.

In a year when Inception showed us that action films don't need to be retarded this comes and does well.  This has done ven better than something with a bit of originality to it in Scott Pilgrim.

People should hang their heads in shame that this crap has gone on to make 4 sequals.

Rule one. I am always right.
Rule two. If it looks like I am wrong refer to rule one.
Check out http://marksfilmview.wordpress.com/

Post #: 37
RE: Are you kidding me. - 13/9/2010 6:46:03 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

****/*****
quote:

Films Watched:
Piranha 3D - 4/5
Tekken (2010) - 3/5
The Expendables - 4/5
Scott Pilgrim - 2/5

You rate the train wreck of a movie Tekken better than Scott Pilgrim??? Really?

Tekken is what it is, a late 80's throwback to films like Arena, Bloodsport, Best of The Best etc and does what sets out to do.

Scott Pilgrim is a bit of a mess IMO. Flashy but just didnt work out for me as I found it un-funny with dull souless main characters.

As for the box-office...WINNER! Get a 5th done and have Jill running around with barely nothing on for 90minutes haha.

I seriously hope no fanboys are slitting their wrists over this though

< Message edited by kenada_woo -- 13/9/2010 6:48:05 PM >

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Death_Row_Marv)
Post #: 38
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 13/9/2010 8:37:33 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

Domestic gross of $27 million. Highest Resident Evil opening gross for any film in the franchise (3D ticket prices) and the first Resident Evil to go in at No.1 worldwide.

Dunno if you guys follow Jovovich on Twitter but...

Hey now!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28894

Post #: 39
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 14/9/2010 10:57:20 AM   
fugaziuk

quote:

Well since the purpose of these films only exist for Anderson to parade his hot wife naked (and don't say that it is for any other reason, like money, becuase if you do you are deluded), for how long is Alice naked in this? 

There isn't one scene where she is naked.

Post #: 40
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 14/9/2010 11:19:00 AM   
Rgirvan44

I am happy for these movies to exist if they keep Anderson away from franchises I actully care about.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to fugaziuk)
Post #: 41
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 14/9/2010 11:23:07 AM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: fugaziuk

quote:

There isn't one scene where she is naked.

The film just lost a viewer.......

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to fugaziuk)
Post #: 42
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 15/9/2010 12:24:56 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

There's a guy in it with a big axe though. A really big axe.

Post #: 43
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 15/9/2010 2:55:17 PM   
Deviation

Already saw that moment. So still not interested. 

quote:

quote:

Post #: 44
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 15/9/2010 3:28:48 PM   
simonmckergan1

What a film, it takes story telling and acting to another level.  The tension in some of the scenes was unbelievable.  A classic of the genre.  The use of slow motion was a bold stroke, adding literally 30 minutes more to this "classic".  And an ending that begs for more! 

I jest of course.  A piece of shit.  Avoid.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 45
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 15/9/2010 5:04:57 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: simonmckergan1

What a film, it takes story telling and acting to another level.  The tension in some of the scenes was unbelievable.  A classic of the genre.  The use of slow motion was a bold stroke, adding literally 30 minutes more to this "classic".  And an ending that begs for more! 

I jest of course.  A piece of shit.  Avoid.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 46
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 15/9/2010 7:56:14 PM   
darth silas

SPOILERS..

Watched this last night and thought it was great mindless fun.A huge improvement on the utterly boring third instalment.Hot babes,big guns,gory deaths.I was satisfied.

Wentworth Millers first scene locked up HAD to be a Prison Break gag.He even came up with the plan for escaping

Loved to see the appearance of the axeman from Resi 5,ditto the final fight with Wesker and the Jill Valentine cameo.

A high 3 stars from me.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

Post #: 47
oh dear - 15/9/2010 11:59:22 PM   
bretty

Not as awful as some have made out, but there are some terrible elements to it. I didn't think the 3D was too bad, and two bits of totty as leads didn't go down too badly either. I thought the biggest let down was in the last five minutes...(SPOILERS).....the guy who couldn't die, even after an explosion that took out a chunk of a city, and the last scene where they left you with a daft cliff-hanger when you KNOW they won't make another of these.
The director and writers sadly had very bad days at the office with this one. Lazy, lazy lazy which was a pity.

Post #: 48
RE: oh dear - 16/9/2010 6:55:13 PM   
hampstead bandit

easily the best "3D" I've seen since Avatar - which it should be as they used the same camera system as was designed for Avatar - which makes a nice change to all the cr*ppy "converted" 3D films hitting the cinemas to cash in on the fad...

the only dodgy effect was on the plane that alice was flying after the start, the scale looked completely wrong against the huge landscape backdrops and the plane looked almost transparent in places!

the film itself? not bad, not great, kinda average with some good set pieces and stand-out action moments

you know what you get with Resident Evil films - I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, and enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd, and now this one...and of course they left the ending ready for the next film!

a solid 3/5 for the film, and 4.5/ 5 for the 3D

(in reply to bretty)
Post #: 49
- 17/9/2010 12:58:45 AM   
ehowarth

In a series that deals with viral mutations, it’s pretty fitting that the fourth Resident Evil, a film that found its routes in the sort of humble zombie/ mad scientist territory, is practically mutated beyond recognition. And when is mutation ever really a good thing?

Told like a story translated into French, Japanese, back to English, and finally into GGAAAAKEEERFLLLAAARGH, it’s a bloody patchwork of action movie cliches, clunky dialogue and more slow motion than you can shake a clock at. There's also a villain so villainous he wears dark glasses inside. INSIDE.

The whole thing plays out like a video recording of a theme park ride, and if we were to defend Afterlife at all, it would be that its unashamedly 3D appeal does make it sort of like a ride, so much so that watching it in any other dimension is a weirdly unfocused experience that falls (har har) flat. Slow-mo rubble sails unimpressively across the screen. Slow-mo bullets sort of come toward you. Oh, and did we mention the slow mo?

But all these hilarious jokes aside, it’s a shoddy, lazy and repetitive film that treats the audience like we don’t have brains, but are just hungry for them.

movieyell.wordpress.com

Post #: 50
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 17/9/2010 1:57:46 AM   
Nostromo.

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

SPOILERS..

Watched this last night and thought it was great mindless fun.A huge improvement on the utterly boring third instalment.Hot babes,big guns,gory deaths.I was satisfied.

Wentworth Millers first scene locked up HAD to be a Prison Break gag.He even came up with the plan for escaping

Loved to see the appearance of the axeman from Resi 5,ditto the final fight with Wesker and the Jill Valentine cameo.

A high 3 stars from me.

You have a way of escape? How.....

I have it about my person somewhere (pats self down and sly look to camera) nah I'm yanking you Alice, it's this way.

No Time To Bleed

What Do You Use For Bait? Paypal?

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 51
RE: oh dear - 17/9/2010 5:18:24 PM   
bretty

Bandit,
If it hadn't been  for the last five minutes I might hve been tempted towards 3 stars, but the end was so lazy....

(in reply to hampstead bandit)
Post #: 52
3 stars for Resident Evil 3D - 19/9/2010 9:13:05 PM   
filmsunlimited

This is mindless fun, nothiong more. Great blast-em-up and a good hession hooded fiend swinging metal scene along with some slo-mo bullets and gore add to the enjoyment. The plot is neophyte and the dialogue a waste of time but by now we expect that! Add to the mix that we have leads you dopnt mind staring two hours at and one can even forgive a massive plane attack scene, no, its the end anticlimax!

Post #: 53
3 stars for Resident Evil 3D - 19/9/2010 9:13:07 PM   
filmsunlimited

This is mindless fun, nothiong more. Great blast-em-up and a good hession hooded fiend swinging metal scene along with some slo-mo bullets and gore add to the enjoyment. The plot is neophyte and the dialogue a waste of time but by now we expect that! Add to the mix that we have leads you dopnt mind staring two hours at and one can even forgive a massive plane attack scene, no, its the end anticlimax!

Post #: 54
3 stars for Resident Evil 3D - 19/9/2010 9:13:08 PM   
filmsunlimited

Post #: 55
Five Star Experince, this is how 3D Should be! - 19/9/2010 10:34:37 PM   
dgribble

Ok first off essentially everyone loves these movies...admit it why else do they make da money. Come on most video adaption’s are lucky if they get a sequel (which normally sinks it). But Resident Evil has spawned a quadrilogy, let's face it the franchise has broken the video-film curse.
Now about the movie, firstly it's a video game adaption, second it's a sci-fi zombie flick, a well made one, but a monster movie at heart.
Monster movies are known or meant to not have or need a well devised plot, or well written Characters (Chris Redfield). So we can let Resident Evil slide on that. What these movies are meant to do is entertain! and that’s what Afterlife does. Yes you may have to put up with the pausing between action to listen the plot or have the characters put in some screen time so you care whether they snuff it or not (which you don't here, although Boris Kodjoe does a good job). Now where movies like AVATAR sacrificed action in favour for a rehashed plot that you'd seen 20 times, Afterlife does the opposite, the plot (if you call it that) is essentially a little reminder that pops up now and again. Afterlife is the action 3D flick you've been waiting for, with plenty of throwing stars, giant axes, bullets, reflective sunglasses, and even coins being thrown to the screen, (looking surprisingly realistic and awesome!). Inother words, in terms of action its what Avatar should have been, explosions and slo-motion gun play galore, the highlights being the clone battle, the executioner fight and every scene featuring a scene stealing Shawn Roberts having a ball hamming it up as Wesker. He perfectly balances the diabolical side and the camp side of Wesker seen in the games.
To round off, this may save 3D from going back to a forgotten gimmick. See now, before it’s reduced to 2D.

Post #: 56
RE: Resident Evil: Afterlife - 23/9/2010 5:06:19 PM   
paulyboy

**Spoilers!**

It was ok, fun for the most part, but I'm starting to really think they should put it to bed.

I was curious as to how they'd advance the story given that there was an army of Alices at the end of Extinction, all spouting super human strength and telekinesis powers that would make Jean Gray think twice before fucking around. The answer it would seem is to write a 15 minute opening sequence that kills off all the clones and robs Alice of her powers and then start fresh, again. They can take the story in whatever direction they want to be fair, but effectively reversing the previous film is a kick in the teeth if I'm honest, makes me wonder why I put the time in watching Extinction.

That said Anderson had written himself into a narritive black hole by turning Alice in to Superman (Heroes all over again), so perhaps it's for the best.

Past the opening sequence though I actually quite enjoyed it. Special mention has to go to the dude playing Wesker, he's hilarious, I just can't quite figure out if he's supposed to be.

Conclusion:

Enjoyable Bollocks

It's gets an extra star for Ali Larter. Wet. With her top undone. In slow motion. In 3D.

3/5

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to dgribble)
Post #: 57
unfair rating - 5/10/2010 3:52:23 PM   
tsen

Yeah you always walk into one of these knowing it's rubbish but I've got to say while there is no effort in plot or acting or dialogue whatsoever, Paul Anderson definitely upped the game visually speaking. And I dont just mean the 3D. Not to pay compliment to the film, but comparing to previous installments to this sorry franchise, we ARE seeing some pretty outstanding set pieces here. Every now and then it slides into utter rubbishness (the prison sucks and most dudes suck!) but sucking is this franchise's specialty so one can only blame herself for paying for the experience. As a warned fanboy acknowledging it generally sucks, visual fun can definitely be had here.

Post #: 58
Film Chris is better than game and Film Wesker can go t... - 5/10/2010 4:04:34 PM   
tsen

Game: Protagonist Chris in Resident Evil 5 is kinda wooden albeit finely rendered, whereas the overacted British-English speaking Wesker is, as overacted as he is, camp and dramatic enough to go with the solid score.

Film: That pretty boy plays Chris like a cheeky worldly dude. WTF if you root for the original Chris but at least more lively, right?
Wesker just plain sucks. Even his super-human abilities are rendered terribly compared to the game footage.

Post #: 59
- 3/11/2010 9:25:47 AM   
reminn

Average.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Are you kidding me. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI