Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 12:07:49 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: obi arin kenobi

"I AM NO MAN!!!!"

Indeed. The worst line in the entire trilogy. It annoys me for so many reasons.

The main bad line in the LOTR trilogy...

A toss up between "lets hunt some orc" or "Ride with me"

That one has so many connotations.

Both of those are delivered by Aragorn, and so can't be the worst line by default

The "let's hunt some orc" line is cool. I've never had a problem with it, and it always gears me up for the next film.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 61
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 12:10:45 AM   
max314

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Deadly. Awful line which defines Tarantino perfectly.

"It's a song about a guy...with a really big dick."

"Dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick...."

< Message edited by max314 -- 12/2/2006 12:12:25 AM >

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 62
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 12:11:52 AM   
Mozza

It just seemed a bit out of place, is all.

And I was referring to the "Ride with me" said by Eowyn in ROTK.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 63
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 12:17:10 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

Oh.

Am I being a spastic or does Aragorn say it as well in TT just before he and Theoden ride out of Helms Deep together? Or is that "Ride out with me"?

And I can't remember when Eowyn says that - but as it's her - it must be crap.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 64
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 12:18:49 AM   
max314

quote:

quote:

Oh.

Am I being a spastic or does Aragorn say it as well in TT just before he and Theoden ride out of Helms Deep together? Or is that "Ride out with me"?

And I can't remember when Eowyn says that - but as it's her - it must be crap.

I do recall giggling during much of ROTK...much to the anger of many of my fellow viewers...

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

Post #: 65
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 12:28:52 AM   
Ify

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oh Dae Su

quote:

"Wakey, Wakey, eggs and bakey"

You serious?

He's as serious as a heart attack, man. You wanna go pop a cap in his ass, dude? Or do you wanna just get some McDonalds and watch American Gladiators, instead?

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - Quentin Tarantino

(in reply to Oh Dae Su)
Post #: 66
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 12:35:50 AM   
Ify

quote:

quote:

"I AM NO MAN!!!!"

Indeed. The worst line in the entire trilogy. It annoys me for so many reasons.

Your avatar rocks!!

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - Quentin Tarantino

Post #: 67
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 1:02:44 AM   
The Don

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

A bit  but i'd just like to point out that the BEST bit of dialogue ever, consists of just one word...

"Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" - The Big B?

< Message edited by The Don -- 12/2/2006 1:03:28 AM >

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 68
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 2:17:54 PM   
obi arin kenobi

The thing with "bad" dialog is that the really really bad stuff tends to turn into the really really good stuff sometimes, unless it occurs in a serious dramatic scene.  I've been watching RotK alot as i've just bought the extended edition.  It is likely the most cheese filled movie i've ever seen.  Even the majority of Aragorns lines are pretty "uh no what did he just say".  I forgot who mentioned it, but I to chuckled alot in the packed theatre.

Anyways...

Whoever is using ANY Arnold dialog as "bad" dialog is dumb.  Yes, dumb.  THAT is what makes him so goddamn entertaining.

RotS?  Not sure.  That one line where anakin says something along the lines of, "...till general grevious is...spare parts."  Gosh.  HOWEVER.  Who cares.  Those films are only serious when they need to be and ep3 really did nail it.  It's the horrible lines that make films more fun to rewatch,  except for Matrix Revolutions.

(in reply to The Don)
Post #: 69
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 2:35:46 PM   
culchie

From Spider-Man

'What kind of man are you to pick on a guy trying to save a bunch of kids'
'You mess with Spider-man you mess with New York!'
'We'll meet again Spider-man!'

And it kills me to bring it up, but i must mention Ducard in Batman Begins
'Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding'

(in reply to obi arin kenobi)
Post #: 70
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 2:56:18 PM   
svgbdgr

quote:

quote:

quote:

You serious?

YES! I totally agree, I seem to remember stifling a giggle at that line, much to the chagrin of my mate who would suck Tarantino's cock if he had the chance. And don't forget that utterly turgid thing Bill spouts about Superman, I was sat there thinking Fuck! Tarantino actually wrote that, and now Carradine's actually saying it, and at no point did anyone have the balls to say "Quentin... this is cock!"
I always found those little pop culture observations he's so fond of completely forced and unrealistic anyway.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 71
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 3:13:50 PM   
sane_man

We have to help them, Mom...you said that the biggest problem in
the universe is no one helps each other...

This is a site full of militant movie buffs: sad bastards who live in their parents' basements, downloading scripts and trading what they believe to be inside info about movies and actors they despise yet can't stop discussing.

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 72
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 3:57:26 PM   
Squave

These are all bad for hilarious reasons:

Van Damme - 'Wrong Bet'

Stallone - 'Its not about the money' (Rocky 4)

Lundgren - 'If he dies, he dies' That one is soooo bad...

Post #: 73
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 9:10:29 PM   
Spengler

quote:

ORIGINAL: svgbdgr

YES! I totally agree, I seem to remember stifling a giggle at that line, much to the chagrin of my mate who would suck Tarantino's cock if he had the chance. And don't forget that utterly turgid thing Bill spouts about Superman, I was sat there thinking Fuck! Tarantino actually wrote that, and now Carradine's actually saying it, and at no point did anyone have the balls to say "Quentin... this is cock!"
I always found those little pop culture observations he's so fond of completely forced and unrealistic anyway.

Thank you. I've made that point to people so many times, but still, no one listens.

Traitor

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 74
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 9:32:32 PM   
Ify

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You serious?

And don't forget that utterly turgid thing Bill spouts about Superman, I was sat there thinking Fuck! Tarantino actually wrote that, and now Carradine's actually saying it, and at no point did anyone have the balls to say "Quentin... this is cock!"

That superman monologue was actually written after Tarantino and Carradine had a similar conversation one day on set. That monologue was put in to show that Bill is TOTALLY wrong about the Superman thing. He has got it all wrong, and it shows how his killer-mind operates. If he has got that Superman thing wrong, he has obviously got the Beatrix thing wrong. He doesn't understand her, or why she did what she did. He ends up shooting her.

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 75
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 12/2/2006 10:34:06 PM   
Joe

"Do you want to captain this ship?"

"Yeah"

"Well...you can't"

Is one that immediately springs to mind.

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Ify)
Post #: 76
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 2:42:11 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Don

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

A bit  but i'd just like to point out that the BEST bit of dialogue ever, consists of just one word...

"Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" - The Big B?

No actually i was thinking of Evil Dead 2 - "Groovy"!

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to The Don)
Post #: 77
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 2:43:49 PM   
BobaJango

Worst dialogue ever - "I need a vacation". AS IF A CYBORG WOULD SAY THAT. It would fit in nicely with another Arnie film but not T2

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 78
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 3:09:27 PM   
Squave

Adding more to miy earlier ones. Rocky 4 is a haven by the way:   'I need to crush you'   Rocky's etire speach at the end:   'Firstly you guys didnt like me, and I didnt much like you either - then you started to like me, and I have to admitt I started to like you guys again too.'   Absolute shit!

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 79
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 3:15:15 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squave

Adding more to miy earlier ones. Rocky 4 is a haven by the way:   'I need to crush you'   Rocky's etire speach at the end:   'Firstly you guys didnt like me, and I didnt much like you either - then you started to like me, and I have to admitt I started to like you guys again too.'   Absolute shit!

Sounds almost as bad as the infamous Donald Rumsfeld speech a while ago!

(in reply to Squave)
Post #: 80
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 4:32:04 PM   
Oh Dae Su

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You serious?

Did you really think it was that awful, or did you only hate it because Tarantino wrote it?

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 81
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 4:47:02 PM   
kingplums

Good call young Padwan!

Post #: 82
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 5:25:34 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

Here are a few of my nominations

Anytime in The Matrix Revolutions where the 3rd ship captain says anything along the line of "you're out of your goddamn mind" or "he was out of his goddamn mind."

"I don't train girls" - Clint in Million Dollar Baby. I had to keep myself from laughing in the cinema for about the first 40 mins of this movie, he was so bad.

Keira Knightley's "If you like pain, try wearing a corset!" from POTC.

(in reply to kingplums)
Post #: 83
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 6:02:16 PM   
Ify

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You serious?

Did you really think it was that awful, or did you only hate it because Tarantino wrote it?

I think it was a bit of both!!

When people like James231547376dividedby47 watch QT's films, they intentionally listen to the dialogue to try to rip the shit out of it. What they don't understand is that that Superman monologue wasn't just put in there for the coolness, or to continue his pop-culture dialogue or any other bullshit reason like that, it was there as part of characterisation. A common misconception amongst fellow forumnites as well as anybody else in the world is that all that pop-culture shit QT's characters spit is ridiculous and irrelevant. Well, no it isn't, it is there for a reason. QT does everything for a reason, he is a perfectionist.

The Superman Monologue is there because:
Bill is wrong about Superman. If he is wrong about Superman, then what he goes on to say about the relationship of Beatrix Kiddo to Clark Kent is also simply wrong. Bill doesn't understand Superman and through his incorrect analogy of the Bride, it shows that he also doesn't understand her. For Bill, Superman is a superior character, above any of societies rules and Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the human race in that he is weak and cowardly.

Bill sees him this way because he sees himself as superior to those around him, he isn't nice to anybody, he doesn't care for anybody. Bill's selfishness makes him uncapable of understanding any selfless character such as Clark Kent. All of this reveals that Bill is evil. He is a villain. He doesn't understand Superman because he is a bad man. 

(in reply to Oh Dae Su)
Post #: 84
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 9:00:33 PM   
deadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Grady

It was beauty that killed the beast.

Delivered very poorly by Black.

I agree. It just didn't have any weight to it.

< Message edited by deadman -- 13/2/2006 9:01:09 PM >

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 85
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 10:38:54 PM   
svgbdgr

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You serious?

Don't care who wrote it - it's bloody awful.
I don't hate Tarantino, I just think he's overrated.
I enjoyed Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, True Romance and Kill Bill Vol. 1. But when he tries to crowbar in some observation or other into everyday conversation, it just doesn't work for me. It sounds totally unnatural, the sort of thing you'd expect to hear at a stand-up gig. IMO, the whole superman speech was best summed up in an article I read somewhere (may have been Empire, can't remember) where it was described as the sort of dialogue you'd expect to be written by some second rate writer who's trying to copy Tarantino. Some people love all that shit, others don't, I'm one of the ones who doesn't.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Oh Dae Su)
Post #: 86
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 10:43:53 PM   
RogueSet

I love The Matrix, but my least favourite lines ever are in it.

"A killing machine, designed for one thing" (Killing, I would assume).
"Search and destroy" (hang on, that's two things!).

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 87
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 10:47:39 PM   
svgbdgr

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogueSet

I love The Matrix, but my least favourite lines ever are in it.

"A killing machine, designed for one thing" (Killing, I would assume).
"Search and destroy" (hang on, that's two things!).

(in reply to RogueSet)
Post #: 88
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 11:27:47 PM   
johnny_ultimate

quote:

Whoever is using ANY Arnold dialog as "bad" dialog is dumb.  Yes, dumb.  THAT is what makes him so goddamn entertaining.

Entertaining it may be, but it cannot be denied that as far as dialogue goes it's absoultely brutal. And ANY Arnie dialogue? Come on now, anyone whos seen any of the latest Arnie films knows he can pull off bad without being funny...

(in reply to obi arin kenobi)
Post #: 89
RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? - 13/2/2006 11:32:12 PM   
jamesianosborne

quote:

To Hell with all you jackasses that didn't like the Kill Bill Movies. They fucking rocked!! Next to Pulp they are QT's best IMO. You just gotta sit back, sink in and let them take you away. watched back to back they are like a good meal. Tasty appetiser, awesome main course, sweet desert, and a smooth liquer to finish. (I'll let you decide which is which)

"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage."

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI