Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jason Flemyng Is In X-Men: First Class

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jason Flemyng Is In X-Men: First Class Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jason Flemyng Is In X-Men: First Class - 15/8/2010 1:21:39 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Azazel - 15/8/2010 8:14:29 PM   
KeithM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swaine
Plus it looks as though Vaughn may be sticking as close to the original material as possible, which is finally a releif.

Not unless it's a complete reboot and completely ignores the other X-movies (including Borigins). The changes to the timeline are already such that sticking close to the original material is simply not possible, unless they start from scratch or, true to Singer's modus operandi, they treat it like it's part of the same continuity, but simply don't care if it contradicts existing movie continuity and lore. Which wouldn't surprise me.

What we're seeing here is about rights retention. If Fox don't use these characters they risk losing them. So expect to see this and any other X-related movie coming out in the next few years to feature dozens of mutants, many with little or no dialogue, so that Fox can keep hold of them. Sure, they'll draw on the source material if and when is suits them to do so (although they obviously don't respect it and think they know better), and they care just enough to want to make them successful, but the cast and story will largely depend on which mutants they need to feature in order to retain the rights to them.

Seriously - this is the company that sewed up the mouth of the character known as "the Merc with the Mouth".  If that ain't a 'fuck you' to the fans and the source material, I don't know what is.

If anyone can make a half-decent movie out of this though, Vaughn can, but don't bet on it with Fox and Singer calling the shots.

Seriously hoping this bombs badly enough that Fox will write the X-Men off and the rights can return to Marvel. Not holding my breath though. Enough people won't care about the 'bigger picture' so it'll make sufficient money for Fox to keep churning them out for the foreseeable.

< Message edited by KeithM -- 15/8/2010 8:36:24 PM >
Post #: 2
RE: Jason Flemyng Is In X-Men: First Class - 16/8/2010 12:04:04 AM   
KeithM

Not necessarily Adam - apparently there may be some 'time hopping' involved. Unconfirmed of course, but considering some of it is meant to be set during the 60s and characters who wouldn't even have been born then will be appearing, it would seem that it'll cover a range of time periods.  Either that or it won't make sense with the other film's timelines.  Which is quite possible. 
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jason Flemyng Is In X-Men: First Class Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI