Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:38:26 AM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: darkness12

Stop going into movie musings and such and referencing passolini when someone talks about James Cameron or someone, it is so cringe-worthy how deluded and pathetic you are.
You are satan, and the most horrile man i've ever met.

I LOVE YOU
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/knight_who_untill_recently_said_ni/casualsex.jpg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to darkness12)
Post #: 31
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:38:32 AM   
darkness12

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wasn't talking to you moron.
And I'm talking about the films not the people.

Well I am sure Dev is happy for me to answer honey bunny

All three directors are a mix of films from their homelands, and also the United States.

Also I'm not sure where Predators fits into this. Although I would say Dutch there, but only cause of the name.

God you are so fucking annoying.
Further proof (if needed), Timon > You.
Get a life and stop cock eating Ridley Scott. You only ever post on listsandtop10s when his name is mentioned and then go on a rant about how everyone should watch KOH:DC. LOL.
You never have an opinion on anything.

Well I won't deny that Timon is an all round better person than me.

As to KoH - I only preach the truth.

Neither thing changes the fact that you seem to spend your days looking on this forum and having a level of detail which is quite sad. There is a whole wide world out there - go explore it!

Shut up. Your always talking like this, as if you want recognition from other posters for your patronising and subtle bullying.
Your a nice guy, but your whole sudden dislike of SW and switch to ST is worrying.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 32
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:39:29 AM   
darkness12

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
You are so boring, seriously. The amount of SHIT of yours I had to read on various sci fi threads.

It's true, I write a lot of boring shit. On a plus side, they are more fun than this.

He meant me. Must not have been a Univerisal Soldier 3 fan.

I meant The Girv OBVIOUSLY.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 33
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:40:45 AM   
Rgirvan44

Anyway...

Moving on - I would just like to say I hate everyone at Movie Con who saw this. Two weeks is too long a time to wait!

Also - I really need that soundtrack right now!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to darkness12)
Post #: 34
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:41:35 AM   
darkness12

quote:

quote:

Stop going into movie musings and such and referencing passolini when someone talks about James Cameron or someone, it is so cringe-worthy how deluded and pathetic you are.
You are satan, and the most horrile man i've ever met.

I LOVE YOU
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/knight_who_untill_recently_said_ni/casualsex.jpg

Why can't you answer the questions? Do you really think i'm going to click that link?
You vile vile creature. Please do not compare yourself to rawlinson and the like, they are human atleast.
I can't begin to explain how much is wrong with your forum activity.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 35
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:42:03 AM   
darkness12

quote:

Anyway...

Moving on - I would just like to say I hate everyone at Movie Con who saw this. Two weeks is too long a time to wait!

Also - I really need that soundtrack right now!

Oh just SHUT UP!!!!!
NO ONE GIVES A SHIT

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 36
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:43:44 AM   
Rhubarb

Yeah the soundtrack is gonna be excellent.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 37
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:43:45 AM   
paul_ie86

Definitely my most anticipated film of the summer. The wait is unbearable

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 38
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:44:38 AM   
Deviation

I do hope Scott Pilgrim turns out to be great, the reviews and initial responses (while not doing well in the BO) were quite positive.

Armond White liking it is worrying though.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 39
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:44:42 AM   
darkness12

DEVIATION -
Why is it you think all British are intelligent and everything Britain makes is a masterpiece?
Why do you hate Gervais cause he said Britain is shit?

(in reply to darkness12)
Post #: 40
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:44:58 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Have you heard any of it on youtube? Think a few tracks are up there.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 41
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:45:20 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

I hear the score is pretty impressive too. Although Nigel can drop the rich from his name thanks to his work with Radiohead.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 42
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:46:06 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

I do hope Scott Pilgrim turns out to be great, the reviews and initial responses (while not doing well in the BO) were quite positive.

It seems like -

Armond White hating it - lots of money made
Armond White liking it - box office death.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 43
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:46:13 AM   
darkness12

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Definitely my most anticipated film of the summer. The wait is unbearable

You are incredible.
(This is coming from someone who has read all of your posts).

Edited for truth

< Message edited by elab49 -- 16/8/2010 6:40:52 PM >

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 44
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:46:54 AM   
Deviation

Any news on how big is Kendrick's role? She was pretty great in Up in the Air so I do hope I get to see her more in this. 

quote:

quote:

(in reply to darkness12)
Post #: 45
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:47:05 AM   
darkness12

quote:

Is it a British Monty Python film?

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 46
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:48:14 AM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

It seems like -

Armond White hating it - lots of money made
Armond White liking it - box office death.

Considering neither Fantastic Mr. Fox and Where the Wild Things Are were that successful, there is some truth in this.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 47
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:48:19 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

Any news on how big is Kendrick's role? She was pretty great in Up in the Air so I do hope I get to see her more in this. 

I think she only has a few minutes. Her work with Wright was more personal than professional if you get my meaning.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 48
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:48:27 AM   
darkness12

Typical wank fest from the listsandtop10's regulars has commenced and diversified,

(in reply to darkness12)
Post #: 49
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:49:21 AM   
Rhubarb

Actually, re the soundtrack, my only worry is that thanks to beck Sex Bob-omb sound good, when really they are meant to be rubbish

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 50
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:49:26 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

She wasn't in the comics that much. But still have some great lines.

The full soundtrack is on youtube - worth listening to. Metrics song is awesome.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 51
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:50:27 AM   
darkness12

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

I think she only has a few minutes. Her work with Wright was more personal than professional if you get my meaning.

No we don't.
Why do you watch Rev or every other British comedy show that is released and praise it, why do you criticise all US ones.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 52
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:52:04 AM   
Deviation

Two Beck songs. Sounds great.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 53
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:52:38 AM   
darkness12

quote:

Actually, re the soundtrack, my only worry is that thanks to beck Sex Bob-omb sound good, when really they are meant to be rubbish

You do realise no one can tell the difference between Japan, Korea, China etc. chinks are chinks right?
That's why I can't watch asian films, they all bloody look the same.

Also, why the sudden transition from Godard to Kurosawa? Have you passed the mantle on to paul?

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 54
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:55:42 AM   
darkness12

quote:

Two Beck songs. Sounds great.

Why did you post in Inception thread in film reviews from day 1, and it became you most anticipated film of the year, even though you say you hate all of Nolan's other work? Why then did you call it a masterpiece? Were you ever going to hate it?

Did you watch an interview with him and his British accent made him sound like a great director?

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 55
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 1:57:07 AM   
darkness12

quote:

You didn't watch Up In The Air, and she's a young American so she's talentless.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 56
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 8:17:20 AM   
bad hat harry

[image]http://photos.igougo.com/images/p369132-Mount_Horeb-Grumpy_Troll.jpg[/image]
[/quote]

< Message edited by bad hat harry -- 16/8/2010 9:04:21 AM >

I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.
Woody Allen

(in reply to darkness12)
Post #: 57
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 10:28:46 AM   
mystra

this film looks a lot of fun, so i'm in! :D i've been meaning to check out the actual comic books anyway, guess i'll just watch the film first .. then get the books...probably the wrong way round but oh well!

(in reply to bad hat harry)
Post #: 58
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 10:38:53 AM   
hatebox

Empire seem to think that despite a poor opening word of mouth will carry it on to great box office in the US. If Kick-Ass's performance there is anything to go by I'm not convinced. That says nothing about the quality of the film, of course. 

(in reply to mystra)
Post #: 59
RE: RE: - 16/8/2010 10:49:48 AM   
BelfastBoy

I originally posted the stuff below in the Empire magazine forum, because I wanted to comment specifically on the amount of coverage Scott Pilgrim has received. However, nobody commented there and it was suggested by a mod that I post here instead. So here it is, ever so lightly edited and now with the not at all surprising discovery that, as predicted, it's received a 5* review! My thoughts on the film remain unchanged, and with one addition - come on Edgar Wright, let's see you drop the zeitgeist-surfing, pop-culture referencing, homaging approach and try something different!

"I haven't posted, or even looked at this board, for a few years, although I've continued to read the magazine every month. However, I've decided to come back - probably only for one post because I'll end getting flamed off again! This is purely a personal view, so bear with me. If you disagree, fair enough. 

Scott Pilgrim doesn't interest me at all. In fact everything I've read and seen about it indicates an end product that will be utter garbage - juvenile, puerile drivel of the highest order - a glorified video game (even down to 'Level Complete' etc). I almost think it's trying too hard to be cool - obscure comic book adaptation, Beck, Nigel Godrich etc handling the music, Michael Cera playing a sword-wielding variant of his traditional indie slacker. (Anna Kendrick, Chris Evans, why are you associated with this nonsense?!) There also doesn't seem to be any particular surprises in store either - surely there can be no other outcome than Scott prevailing against Ramona's evil ex-partners and thereby winning 'the game' / the girl? I'm sure I'm not alone in this view. I'll not go and see it when it's released.

But my point here is the amount of coverage that Empire has devoted to this film over the last year, particularly in the latest issue - the cover, a lengthy and adoring main feature, a soundtrack review, plugs for merchandise, an advert on the back cover. All I can say is that, for Empire's sake, I hope that the film lives up to the hype and expectations that have been placed on it, given the amount of coverage it's received. Anything less than a 5* review will seem like a disappointment.

(To be fair to the magazine though, this could be an extreme example of what I consider to be generally the correct approach. Give neutral / positive advanced coverage, allow filmmakers to put their cases across, while reserving the right to criticise the end product if it's no good. A past example would be something like Van Helsing, where Empire received lots of on-set access and there was a hefty cover and main feature a few years ago. Since the actual film was hopeless, it still received the review it deserved. Even in the current magazine, there's an enjoyable interview with Paul Rudd and Steve Carell, where they're plugging a film that's negatively reviewed elsewhere in the same issue. To me this demonstrates journalistic integrity.)

However, Scott Pilgrim seems to me to have had a disproportionate amount of enthusiastic coverage. The flipside naturally is that those who are looking forward to it must think it's great. Fair enough that the magazine enjoys a good relationship with Edgar Wright, and naturally makes good use of access to his sets. But, for what it's worth (correct me if I'm wrong) Scott Pilgrim is basically an American film that happens to have a British director. How's it really different than any other American summer film? It'll stand or fall on US box office returns, whether it's any good or not, and no amount of praise from Empire is going to change that. (Kick-Ass's worldwide box office of only $96 million would suggest that graphic novel adaptations don't have a huge amount of mass appeal. Not that I want to open another debate on quality vs financial returns, but Scott Pilgrim to me is a film that will have a smallish but very passionate audience, rather than breaking records like a conventional blockbuster.)

For the record,  I'm certainly not anti-Edgar Wright at all. I love Spaced and Hot Fuzz (although not Shaun Of The Dead). I just think that his film has been given far too much coverage in the magazine, that's all. Hopefully some of you out there will agree? Am I the only person who groans when, on opening a new issue of Empire, I'm confronted by more photos of Michael Cera looking like he does in every other film, or Brandon Routh wearing a truly awful costume and wig?!

Rant over, flame away..."

(in reply to bad hat harry)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI