Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: UFO and the media

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: UFO and the media Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 9:51:27 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

You're right. Extra terrestrials from another planet constructing a craft capable of space travel, coming here to fuck about in the sky above London sounds much more plausible.

And why not? Most of them are scouts or probes anyway. The govt know full well of their existence so when they do appear above a centre of populous it can be quickly covered up.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 91
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:00:06 AM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

I have to say these videos are fake.

* Why so many in one area?

Its a fleet
quote:

* UFOs sighted/photograph in the daytime normally have their lights off. In the videos all the UFOs are all it up in one colour?

I don't know
quote:

* Their light is too bright.

Too bright compared to what? Its the daytime remember.
quote:

* UFOs comes in different shapes and sizes yet in the videos they are the same model.

Again, its a fleet. They're flying in unison and look identical with the exception of the larger craft you see later in the video. Think of the Red Arrows.

Anyways my thoughts are that it would be very difficult to fake this type of footage. According to the uploader the clip was filmed on Friday and uploaded on Sunday which would obviously lead to many claiming fake. If you review it closely you'll notice that the camera is in constant motion and shifts in and out of focus aswell as having light glare issues and is zooming in and out all over the place.

Anyone will tell you that to create special effects on a moving camera is ten times harder and more time consuming than if it were static. This suggests that there was either a crew of SFX trained people involved in this or there is no way one person could have rendered such convincing fakes in less than two days. And that's only on the first clip. The crafts may just look like simple dots but when you consider the jerky motion of the cameras then that creates some real rendering problems.

There are so many factors to take in to account when it comes to making a genuine looking but fake UFO clip that you have to ask if so many people are putting in so much time to make a fake video then what is their purpose exactly considering there's probably no money in it?

Question is, if it really is fake then why bother? It was clearly an expensive fake. And if it can't be proven as fake then what, does it still get dismissed regardless? And to respond to the "why are there only 2 or 3 videos out there" we'll I cant really explain that other than 'how often do you stare at the sky when you're out on the street'?

What about all the people in offices, tower blocks, on the London Eye, on aeroplanes?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 92
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:31:21 AM   
superdan

Exactly how long do a superadvanced intergalactic spacefaring race need to scout one planet for, since they've been doing it (and not-quite avoiding 'detection') for at least 70 years now. They're either shit at their jobs or they're taking the piss.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 93
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:34:49 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Exactly how long do a superadvanced intergalactic spacefaring race need to scout one planet for, since they've been doing it (and not-quite avoiding 'detection') for at least 70 years now. They're either shit at their jobs or they're taking the piss.

They're also sufficiently advanced to get here in the first place but not clever enough to do their scouting without being detected by any divvy in London with a camera on their phone. They're probably scared of water too.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 94
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:37:10 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

They're also sufficiently advanced to get here in the first place but not clever enough to do their scouting without being detected by any divvy in London with a camera on their phone. They're probably scared of water too.

Actually, I've just realised I said pretty much the exact same thing as you there. Accidental plagiarism, your honour - with added Signs reference.

Post #: 95
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:39:26 AM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually, I've just realised I said pretty much the exact same thing as you there. Accidental plagiarism, your honour - with added Signs reference.

Unless there IS some mind control thing going on here - that's twice that's happened now. If there are any government officials reading, could you come over and erase my memory around lunchtime? I'm away out on the piss at 2.

Post #: 96
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:42:52 AM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

quote:

You can just imagine can't you?:

Skwitterz: Approaching HumanCityLondon, thrusters stable. Anal probes ready to deploy Captain.
ExLaxx: Have you engaged the cloaking devices?
Skwitterz: D'oh!

Post #: 97
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 12:16:15 PM   
Professor Moriarty

What we need is some kind of phone app that immediately alerts users to the location of a UFO sighting. Then anyone in the area can turn their phone skyward and record what's going on. Seems slightly more reliable that a couple of lads next to an fx studio.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 98
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 12:54:43 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

Maybe Bill Hicks was right!

quote:

I tell you, too, that's starting to depress me about UFOs. The fact that they cross galaxies, or whatever they come from, to visit us, and always end up in places like Fyffe, Alabama. Maybe these are not super-intelligent beings, man. Maybe they're like hillbilly aliens. Some intergalactic Joad Family or something.

quote:

If there are any government officials reading, could you come over and erase my memory around lunchtime? I'm away out on the piss at 2.

Won't that have the same effect without all that need for nasty government intervention?

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 29/6/2011 12:55:33 PM >

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 99
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 1:11:50 PM   
Chief

12 pints of Stella = Mind Wipe.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 100
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 1:17:10 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

I don't know you tell us... how long does it take to watch and observe the entire human race grow and evolve. Must be able to nail that in like 3 years or so aye?

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 101
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 1:22:44 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

quote:

I don't know you tell us... how long does it take to watch and observe the entire human race grow and evolve. Must be able to nail that in like 3 years or so aye?

Are there any caveman paintings of UFOs or is this only a phenomenon that has arisen in the age of photography?

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 102
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 1:27:55 PM   
Titanm21

No there is stuff in art right from the early days of man through to now... Like many of todays photos much of it can be put down as fake or maybe just bad art we see now as aliens but really its not. Or maybe it is art of Aliens and Flying Discs.

Pre 20th Century UFO Art
http://www.crystalinks.com/ufohistory.html
http://www.ufoevidence.org/ancientastronauts.htm

Pre 20th Century Sightings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFO_sightings#Before_2000
http://www.nicap.org/waves/prior-47-19th.htm

< Message edited by Titanm21 -- 29/6/2011 3:23:38 PM >

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 103
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 1:30:05 PM   
great_badir

Those London vids are fake.

I'm a massive skeptic anyway but, even though the first one is VERY well done (whoever did it took into account light from different angles, thin cloud, shimmer etc), the second one by Tower Bridge just LOOKS fake.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 104
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 1:46:17 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Those London vids are fake.

I'm a massive skeptic anyway but, even though the first one is VERY well done (whoever did it took into account light from different angles, thin cloud, shimmer etc), the second one by Tower Bridge just LOOKS fake.

Trouble is that with today’s tech anyone can knock up something like this. So the only way to be sure is to see it with your own eyes. It was said before why wasn't this in the Media (especially The Sun who seem happy to run UFO story's these days).

Doubt it’s any Government C-Note keeping them quiet, its more likely they don't care or fully understand the subject matter. With so many UFO nuts out there (not all believers but I’m taking the David Ike sort of folk who seem to get the most press) its easy to see why stuff like this is written off as bonkers.

A similar incident happened in July 1991 a UFO sighting occurred above Mexico City, and simultaneously over several other cities around Mexico. Witnessed by thousands of people, and filmed from multiple vantage points, remains after more than a decade, perhaps the most significant single mass UFO event of the last century, and the most unreported, by mainstream media outside of Mexico. There are shit loads of vids on youtube from 11th July when this happened.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 105
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 3:06:57 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

Were they able to look into the future and see what would happen to make us worth observing more than other species when we were little more than apes? If they've been doing this for hundreds of thousands, even millions, of years is it too outrageous to suggest they should have learnt how to observe us undetected? Or do they enjoy showing up randomly every now and then in a manner that prevents indisputable, undeniable and conclusive proof? If they wanted to learn about us, wouldn't they learn more by going into libraries or logging on to the internet, rather than doing the equivalent of hiding (badly) behind a tree with a pair of binoculars and a notepad?

The point is, for a race to be so advanced technologically, their scientific methods of observation leave a lot to be desired.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 106
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 3:18:48 PM   
Titanm21

There is a theory called the “Gradual Acceptance Method”.  In the simplest terms they let themselves be known in a round about way bit by bit in an effort to let the populace come to terms with the possibility of Alien life as opposed to just showing up with a fleet on the White House lawn.

Maybe they are knocking about loads but every so often put on a “Show” so to speak. Also what’s to say they aren’t monitoring the Internet although to suggest they visit the local library seems a little Hyperbole

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 107
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 3:41:44 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

quote:

quote:

Are there any caveman paintings of UFOs or is this only a phenomenon that has arisen in the age of photography?

Like this one from 3000BC in Australia

Pech Merle in France

Tassili in the Sahara Desert, this one is meant to be around 6000 years old.

And oddly enough, at the temple of Seti 1 at Abydos

That's me that is!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 108
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 3:48:52 PM   
Titanm21

[/quote]

Bob on for looking like Greys

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 109
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 3:55:54 PM   
sharkboy

The cave drawings and hieroglyphs could equally be a retrospective application of modern imagery and ideas to ancient drawings.  Take the Tassili cave drawing for example - the circle could just represent the sun (not an unfamiliar phenomenon to a desert-dwelling people!), the figure could be a local deity or just someone with a weird hat on.  Or maybe, the guy just couldn't draw very well!  In these cases, people see what they want to see

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 110
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 3:58:36 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

The cave drawings and hieroglyphs could equally be a retrospective application of modern imagery and ideas to ancient drawings.  Take the Tassili cave drawing for example - the circle could just represent the sun (not an unfamiliar phenomenon to a desert-dwelling people!), the figure could be a local deity or just someone with a weird hat on.  Or maybe, the guy just couldn't draw very well!  In these cases, people see what they want to see

Very true... like I said before we'll only ever find out if either they come clean on the whole thing or if the Goverment admits it all.... which i doubt will happen.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 111
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 3:59:13 PM   
great_badir

Alternatively, they could just be their equivalent of our science fiction films. After all, they didn't have consider 1080p when buying a LED back then.

I mean, if someone were to dig up copies of the Harry Potter books in a couple of thousand years time (when language and customs would surely have moved on, assuming Earth and some form of intelligent life still exists) would they assume that we were all wizards?

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 112
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 4:00:51 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

I have to say these videos are fake.

* Why so many in one area?

Its a fleet
quote:

* UFOs sighted/photograph in the daytime normally have their lights off. In the videos all the UFOs are all it up in one colour?

I don't know
quote:

* Their light is too bright.

Too bright compared to what? Its the daytime remember.
quote:

* UFOs comes in different shapes and sizes yet in the videos they are the same model.

Again, its a fleet. They're flying in unison and look identical with the exception of the larger craft you see later in the video. Think of the Red Arrows.

Anyways my thoughts are that it would be very difficult to fake this type of footage. According to the uploader the clip was filmed on Friday and uploaded on Sunday which would obviously lead to many claiming fake. If you review it closely you'll notice that the camera is in constant motion and shifts in and out of focus aswell as having light glare issues and is zooming in and out all over the place.

Anyone will tell you that to create special effects on a moving camera is ten times harder and more time consuming than if it were static. This suggests that there was either a crew of SFX trained people involved in this or there is no way one person could have rendered such convincing fakes in less than two days. And that's only on the first clip. The crafts may just look like simple dots but when you consider the jerky motion of the cameras then that creates some real rendering problems.

There are so many factors to take in to account when it comes to making a genuine looking but fake UFO clip that you have to ask if so many people are putting in so much time to make a fake video then what is their purpose exactly considering there's probably no money in it?

Question is, if it really is fake then why bother? It was clearly an expensive fake. And if it can't be proven as fake then what, does it still get dismissed regardless? And to respond to the "why are there only 2 or 3 videos out there" we'll I cant really explain that other than 'how often do you stare at the sky when you're out on the street'?

I don't know if you heard of FourteanTimes Magazine? They look into strange things and try to give an explaination or question other people research. However in their opinion UFOs do exists. In their fourm board, members do have their own opinions but what good about them is they try to rule things out. They are currently talking about the recent London youtube videos and discovered the uploaders does work for a SFX company.

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 113
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 4:29:42 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

How did you find that photo of me?

quote:

A similar incident happened in July 1991 a UFO sighting occurred above Mexico City, and simultaneously over several other cities around Mexico. Witnessed by thousands of people, and filmed from multiple vantage points, remains after more than a decade, perhaps the most significant single mass UFO event of the last century, and the most unreported, by mainstream media outside of Mexico. There are shit loads of vids on youtube from 11th July when this happened.

Yeah am familiar with that. I think it says something that it wasn't widely reported in the mainstream media as it should have been.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Pech Merle in France

Tassili in the Sahara Desert, this one is meant to be around 6000 years old.

And oddly enough, at the temple of Seti 1 at Abydos

Funkyrae, did you just google those images or did you get them from a specific site?

quote:

I don't know if you heard of FourteanTimes Magazine? They look into strange things and try to give an explaination or question other people research. However in their opinion UFOs do exists. In their fourm board, members do have their own opinions but what good about them is they try to rule things out. They are currently talking about the recent London youtube videos and discovered the uploaders does work for a SFX company.

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Not heard of FourteanTimes Magazine before, will check it out.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 114
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 4:46:07 PM   
horribleives

Be careful - it looks like the government's already got to their forum...

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 115
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 5:22:12 PM   
Spaldron

So the clips have connections to The Mill where they create effects for Who and Torchwood....

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 116
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 8:29:31 PM   
Hood_Man

Some of those pieces are pretty cool, and would make a great plot point to any great Sci Fi film, but to me they just represent an artist with an imagination

Not very exciting, but even if an alien craft landed in my garden and popped in for tea, I'd probably assume it was a fever.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 117
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:24:04 PM   
Funkyrae

@Spaldron - not going to quote all those pics again.

No, they're not from one site, they're from a few. Granted, the titles of some of those sites aren't exactly inclined to give you any real trust in them however, the Pech Merle one is a well known cave painting. The small part I posted is part of a huge artwork, simply mind boggling in size.

Those are just a few, there are a hell of a lot more if you want to look. The problem is that so many look photoshopped. That's a tiny selection of what's there and doesn't include things like the Nazca Lines.

@Sharkboy - A very large part of my degree was spent looking at ancient tribal societies, diet, religious habits, family, social hierarchy etc. Now obviously a very large amount of any kind of ancient history is speculation, but it's the same kind of speculation that leads physicists to be certain about black holes. It's based on a large amount of fact.

When we talk about the prehistoric art tend to create a certain illusion of equality between it and the art of the latest epochs up to modern times. It gets reviewed in a manner that you'd expect to see Constable or Dali being reviewed in. "Aesthetic norms and principles", "the message of the art", "reflection of life", "composition", "perception of the beautiful" etc,

Art today is more specific. It has it's own field of culture with boundaries and specialisation. Those boundaries are absolutely and clearly noted by both the artist and the "user" of the art. When looking at primitive humankind's art, those boundaries simply were not there. In the primitive man's mentality art was not singled out into a special field of activity.

It was a very rare few that possessed the ability to create pictures (not much different from today really!). But the painters held a strata in society and, later, were linked with Shamans and Shamanic activity. The idea of leisure hours filled by different kinds of art is not correct either. There simply was no leisure time (as we understand it anyway - the time where they were not occupied with any activity).

The point is, that the people who painted these cave paintings were working with extremely rough materials. They were given a status in the society that set them above others, the paintings and engravings were highly unlikely to be made by someone who wasn't important in some way. While I'll agree, we will look back at the ancient with a modern understanding, you have to acknowledge that these paintings weren't done to kill a few hours of boredom as there wasn't any. The pictures represented what was going on around them, their lives, their surroundings.

As another point of interest, as you know, I do read hieroglyphics. There is no representation in hieroglyphics for what looks like a helicopter and two other kind of weird things that could be some kind of aircraft. They simply do not have that in their "alphabet".

That's me that is!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 118
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:43:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

@Spaldron - not going to quote all those pics again.

No, they're not from one site, they're from a few. Granted, the titles of some of those sites aren't exactly inclined to give you any real trust in them however, the Pech Merle one is a well known cave painting. The small part I posted is part of a huge artwork, simply mind boggling in size.

Those are just a few, there are a hell of a lot more if you want to look. The problem is that so many look photoshopped. That's a tiny selection of what's there and doesn't include things like the Nazca Lines.

@Sharkboy - A very large part of my degree was spent looking at ancient tribal societies, diet, religious habits, family, social hierarchy etc. Now obviously a very large amount of any kind of ancient history is speculation, but it's the same kind of speculation that leads physicists to be certain about black holes. It's based on a large amount of fact.

When we talk about the prehistoric art tend to create a certain illusion of equality between it and the art of the latest epochs up to modern times. It gets reviewed in a manner that you'd expect to see Constable or Dali being reviewed in. "Aesthetic norms and principles", "the message of the art", "reflection of life", "composition", "perception of the beautiful" etc,

Art today is more specific. It has it's own field of culture with boundaries and specialisation. Those boundaries are absolutely and clearly noted by both the artist and the "user" of the art. When looking at primitive humankind's art, those boundaries simply were not there. In the primitive man's mentality art was not singled out into a special field of activity.

It was a very rare few that possessed the ability to create pictures (not much different from today really!). But the painters held a strata in society and, later, were linked with Shamans and Shamanic activity. The idea of leisure hours filled by different kinds of art is not correct either. There simply was no leisure time (as we understand it anyway - the time where they were not occupied with any activity).

The point is, that the people who painted these cave paintings were working with extremely rough materials. They were given a status in the society that set them above others, the paintings and engravings were highly unlikely to be made by someone who wasn't important in some way. While I'll agree, we will look back at the ancient with a modern understanding, you have to acknowledge that these paintings weren't done to kill a few hours of boredom as there wasn't any. The pictures represented what was going on around them, their lives, their surroundings.

As another point of interest, as you know, I do read hieroglyphics. There is no representation in hieroglyphics for what looks like a helicopter and two other kind of weird things that could be some kind of aircraft. They simply do not have that in their "alphabet".

http://members.tripod.com/a_u_r_a/abydos.html

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 119
RE: UFO and the media - 29/6/2011 11:49:45 PM   
Funkyrae

The glyph is clearly there on the picture I posted, taken from a photograph of the site.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: UFO and the media Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI