Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

UFO and the media

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> UFO and the media Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 9:57:20 AM   
Ghidorah

For many years people had witness or encountered UFOs. Even to this today there is still no universal aknowledgement of their existance despite the massive amount of evidence. I too had seen UFOs but it doesn't mean it is alien visitation however sadly there is a good chance it is. However the UFO subject is filled with so many fake stories and it's difficult for researchers to find the likely explaination.

What I do find frustrating is a lack of support from the main news corperations. They don't report big UFO events and when they do it is done in a poor way. For example the blood diamond case isn't being reported while a fox entering a house is........ Maybe I should contact the BBC about a cat scratching me?

This article is base what happened in 1986 involving a US airforce base on England soil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8901000/8901936.stm

Evan Davis has the right to express his own opinion and who could argue as a whole the UFO subject is hard to stomach. What I do find foul that Mr Davis either ignore several elements of the story or wrote it off with a stroke of a pen. Surely someone writing a 'factual' piece to millions should includes the facts not to leave them out to make his opinion sounds correct. He openly state he doesn't believe in alien visitation yet he ignore the 'aliens' part of the story.

Here is the stuff he miss out.

Strange lights were seen in a nearby forest and some airforce personel went out to investigate. When they reach the scene they discover the lights were coming from a grounded triangle shape aircraft. The surrounding trees had shown damage as the aircraft came down vertically and landed on it tripod stand.
The airforce personel took photos of the craft and all of a sudden the aircraft just shot off into the sky.

A few days later more lights were seen coming from the forest and this time the commander of the base led a team to investiagte. The aircraft they saw in the forest was a ball shape, dripping molten liquid off it as it flew around the trees. They followed the small aircraft into an opening where it shot upwards, somehow seperated and flew into different directions.
At least one big aircraft entered the scene and hovered above the base's commander and his team. It then fired a laser into the ground, warning them to back off.

Channel 4 did an excellent documentry about the CIA etc using UFOs as a cover to use spy planes on the Soviets. It was hosted by a weapon expert and went into detail how the US benefited from the UFOs sightings. However despite the weapon expert putting the facts forward he had admitted he couldn't explain the wierder encounters like the 'dog fight' above Washington DC in 1952.

The only logical explaination to the high profile cases is they are made up to give the public fuel for their ideas. This way the airforce, CIA, etc can get on with their spying and weapon developement. However to counter this are the evidence backing up public sightings like photos and footage.

What Evan Davis did as a professional is criminal. To ignore the witnesses and instead put his own non existance story is pathetic. I wish news organisations like BBC don't bother reporting this because they had no idea on the subject about and just downplay it. Especially Evan Davis talking about crafts come from Mars. It's bad enough people faking encouters but the media aswell downplaying what going on.
Post #: 1
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 10:38:17 AM   
Felix

You left out Google and the Mafia, very sloppy. 7/10 for effort though...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 11:57:46 AM   
Chief

Right, this is weird - I'm trying to post a picture of a guy wearing a tin foil hat . It shows in the preview and then disappears.

Sign me up Ghidorah. I believe.

< Message edited by Chief -- 12/8/2010 11:59:33 AM >

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 3
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:15:15 PM   
Shifty Bench

When did UFO start to equal 'alien spaceship'? Everybody seems to use the term as a craft from another planet. UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object and they exist.....until they are identified as a plane or a blimp (or whatever). 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 4
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:29:23 PM   
grucl

Yeah, UFO's are real! The government is lying to...

*FLASH*

...um what?

Anyway my theory about the ending of Inception...

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 5
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:34:15 PM   
Rgirvan44

What has really hurt the idea of UFOs is the thesis that they are alien spacecraft. Ball lightening is another possible answer - I don't think it has yet been proven in science, but there is some evidence to suggest that it exists. However balls of light seen in the sky now = aliens! and genuine scientific investigation tends not to happen due to the stigma that one theory has - and the UFO groups won't fund it cause their membership by and large supports the alien spacecraft theory.

That case posted at the top is an interesting one, involving military personel - my gut feeling is that it was an experiemetal aircraft by the US. The steath fighter was decades old before it was revealled to the public - goodness knows what sort of craft they have up there at the moment that are still classed as top secret.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 6
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:39:11 PM   
elab49

quote:

In 2003 a USAF security policeman admitted to fooling the airmen but many still believe there was a cover-up

Isn't this the reason Davis is omitting these 'facts'.

This really is the unsinkable rubber duck thing - like when one of the sisters responsible for the start of all that psychic knocking rubbish a century or so ago finally admitted it was fraud in public but everyone who'd gotten so absolutely invested in it refused to believe her and assumed she was deluded. That would be the person who'd conned them. Which makes belief the scariest thing currently out there IMO.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 7
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:39:30 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

When did UFO start to equal 'alien spaceship'? Everybody seems to use the term as a craft from another planet. UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object and they exist.....until they are identified as a plane or a blimp (or whatever). 

Or not identified and dimissed as "probably" a plane or blimp or whatever.

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 12/8/2010 12:49:24 PM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 8
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:41:03 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

There's been plenty of cases of pilots (both military and civilian) seeing some very strange stuff - cigar chaped objects zig zagging through the sky and then zooming off at speeds that would create Gs that no human could survive. The goverments know something but it's not in their interest to let on because a) it's good cover for experimental aircraft and b) the affect it would have on society generally if people knew something was visiting us. 

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 9
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:51:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

There's been plenty of cases of pilots (both military and civilian) seeing some very strange stuff - cigar chaped objects zig zagging through the sky and then zooming off at speeds that would create Gs that no human could survive. The goverments know something but it's not in their interest to let on because a) it's good cover for experimental aircraft and b) the affect it would have on society generally if people knew something was visiting us. 

This incident has always been the most convincing to me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_flight_1628_incident

But where some say "aliens!" I say "experiemental aircraft".

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 10
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:52:30 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Or not identified and dimissed as "probably" a plane or blimp or whatever.

Yeah, but a lot of time they are just a plane or something else that can easily be identified. My point still stands.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 11
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 12:55:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

In 2003 a USAF security policeman admitted to fooling the airmen but many still believe there was a cover-up

Isn't this the reason Davis is omitting these 'facts'.

This really is the unsinkable rubber duck thing - like when one of the sisters responsible for the start of all that psychic knocking rubbish a century or so ago finally admitted it was fraud in public but everyone who'd gotten so absolutely invested in it refused to believe her and assumed she was deluded. That would be the person who'd conned them. Which makes belief the scariest thing currently out there IMO.

I have looked into this subject, just out of curiosity, and I have to say that there are some researchers out there who do good work - look at that link you found - a UFO researcher helped to debunk it, whereas you would expect them to be defenders of the incident as evidence of aliens.

But the vast majority of people do work on the basis that they are alien craft, and researchers who don't take that line tend to be shuned. They also tend to be the ones who are correct.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 12
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 1:03:55 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

This is why pilots shouldn't drink and fly...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 13
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 2:26:28 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Evan Davis has the right to express his own opinion and who could argue as a whole the UFO subject is hard to stomach. What I do find foul that Mr Davis either ignore several elements of the story or wrote it off with a stroke of a pen. Surely someone writing a 'factual' piece to millions should includes the facts not to leave them out to make his opinion sounds correct. He openly state he doesn't believe in alien visitation yet he ignore the 'aliens' part of the story.

Davis' piece may be a bit "tongue-in-cheek" for the true believer to stomach, but I'd argue that that was its intent - it's not meant to be a serious scientific or investigative piece in the first place.

As for including all information, even your added accounts only give it from the believer's point of view.  You've omitted the fact that the uncovered audio tape of the base commander, Lt Col Halt gives pretty conclusive evidence that what they were witnessing on the ground was indeed the lighthouse mentioned in Davis' piece (he notes every time the strange light flashes, which is at at 5-second intervals - the same interval as the lighthouse which was visible from his viewpoint).  You haven't mentioned that the "burn marks" on the trees were identified as loggers' marks to identify which trees to fell, that an experienced forestry official identified the marks supposedly left by the landing skids as rabbit scrapings that had subsequently been covered with pine needles, or that there was an especially bright meteor recorded over England at the time the airmen were reporting seeing a "fireball".

In the early-mid 80's there were hundreds of reports of strange angular craft in the night skies above England and the USA.  Then at the end of the decade the USAF finally declassified the F-117A stealth fighter and a collective "d'oh!" was heard resounding from hundreds of UFO "witnesses".

As Shifty says, UFO=/=little green (or grey) men.  It just means something unexplained or unidentified.  There's enough evidence out there about Rendelsham to call into question the alien craft theory.  And I say this as someone whose bookshelves used to groan under the weight of books investigating UFOs and alien encounters.  Like the programme says, I want to believe, but the more I look into it, the more I find that there are plenty of very terrestrial explanations for most of the phenomena.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 14
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 2:43:10 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

In the early-mid 80's there were hundreds of reports of strange angular craft in the night skies above England and the USA.  Then at the end of the decade the USAF finally declassified the F-117A stealth fighter and a collective "d'oh!" was heard resounding from hundreds of UFO "witnesses".

That's the thing though - at the time they really did witness a UFO in its truest sense and would likely have had people rolling their eyes at the new of their encounters. Then it turns out they really did see something in the sky which was werid looking - only it came from Earth and not some distant galaxy.

That is why I opened minded about people seeing werid looking objects out there, I just happen to think that they most likely are aircraft of some sort built in the USA or elsewhere.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 15
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 3:29:28 PM   
Ghidorah

I do admit I had missed bits out but the whole purpose was to quickly highlight what Davis had plainly ignored. It's frustrating ignoring half the story and rubbish the other. Even if these Air Force members made some obversation mistakes, something did happen on those nights. In an interview the Commander did aknowledge he could see the light coming from the light house but at the sametime he was following a flying orb.

UFOs is a very tricky and complex subject. It doesn't help people ridicule the subject without proper invesitagtion however at the sametime there are those who make stories up involving aliens. Both groups does terrible amount of damage and anyone looking into the subject need to be very cautious.

There are credible eye witnesses and people who have access to the information saying 'not man made'. End of the day people can either listen or not but the best course of action is to study the 'objects' performances. I think several countries publicly aknowledge 'possible visitation' including France with their UFO document. MUFON collect reports and i think it was last year they said these crafts are too advance to be ours.

It's a shame the RAF are destroying new UFO reports and at the sametime they are saying they are not a threat.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 16
RE: UFO and the media - 12/8/2010 3:45:00 PM   
gunstar

quote:

In an interview the Commander did aknowledge he could see the light coming from the light house but at the sametime he was following a flying orb. 

Bloody servicemen and their bloody hip drug references.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 17
RE: UFO and the media - 13/8/2010 8:16:19 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

OMG, Aliens.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 18
RE: UFO and the media - 13/8/2010 2:22:47 PM   
Ghidorah

A former head of MUFON done his own UFO website and  has a lot of kowledgable on mystery of UFOs. He also spoken to the people who witness the events which Evan Davis plainly ignored. Anyway turned out he had a disagreement with the chap handling the British UFO files and this case.

Part 1
http://www.theufochronicles.com/2010/08/ufo-spin-in-uk.html

Part 2
http://www.theufochronicles.com/2010/08/ufo-spin-in-uk-david-clarkes-rebuttal.html

Part 3
http://www.theufochronicles.com/2010/08/ufo-spin-in-uk-hastings-response-to.html

Most of the files or all of them are minor incidents. If information on this event is being held back then what else is?

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 19
RE: UFO and the media - 13/8/2010 2:50:38 PM   
gunstar

quote:

A former head of MUFON done his own UFO website and has a lot of kowledgable on mystery of UFOs. He also spoken to the people who witness the events which Evan Davis plainly ignored. Anyway turned out he had a disagreement with the chap handling the British UFO files and this case.

Part 1

Part 2
http://www.theufochronicles.com/2010/08/ufo-spin-in-uk-david-clarkes-rebuttal.html

Part 3
http://www.theufochronicles.com/2010/08/ufo-spin-in-uk-hastings-response-to.html

Most of the files or all of them are minor incidents. If information on this event is being held back then what else is?

Existence of the Loch Ness Monster, Freemason conspiracy and the fact that Paul Daniels is a demogoblin in (barely) human form perhaps?

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 20
RE: UFO and the media - 13/8/2010 5:09:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

A former head of MUFON done his own UFO website and  has a lot of kowledgable on mystery of UFOs. He also spoken to the people who witness the events which Evan Davis plainly ignored. Anyway turned out he had a disagreement with the chap handling the British UFO files and this case.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Jenny Randles, who actully put this incident out into the public field and wrote the book on the event, has now come to the conclusion that everything that happened that evening could be explained away by rational events.

And as elab says, here is the MOD publishing all their files on UFOs, and what do the fringe elements do? Accuse the Goverment of covering it all up. They will never be satisified until a flying saucer is wheeled out for everyone to see.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 21
RE: UFO and the media - 14/8/2010 1:24:15 AM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Jenny Randles, who actully put this incident out into the public field and wrote the book on the event, has now come to the conclusion that everything that happened that evening could be explained away by rational events.

And as elab says, here is the MOD publishing all their files on UFOs, and what do the fringe elements do? Accuse the Goverment of covering it all up. They will never be satisified until a flying saucer is wheeled out for everyone to see.

I won't be. Wheeled out? I'd demand it to be flown out - it's a bloody flying saucer after all.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 22
RE: UFO and the media - 15/8/2010 7:21:09 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Anything could be explained away with rational events like what Nolan did with Batman. What people need to remember is groups of air force personel saw several incidents that stood out. End of the day we either have to accept their statements or call them liars.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 23
RE: UFO and the media - 15/8/2010 7:56:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Anything could be explained away with rational events like what Nolan did with Batman. What people need to remember is groups of air force personel saw several incidents that stood out. End of the day we either have to accept their statements or call them liars.

Did you not read what I posted? The lead UFO investigator on this case, who met the witnesses and wrote the book on the event, is now of the view that nothing unnatural happened that night, and what the personel saw has a rational explanation.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 24
RE: UFO and the media - 15/8/2010 7:58:18 PM   
Felix

quote:

Anything could be explained away with rational events like what Nolan did with Batman.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 25
RE: UFO and the media - 15/8/2010 8:05:52 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

This thread is more than a little odd....

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 26
RE: UFO and the media - 15/8/2010 8:41:49 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

Anything could be explained away with rational events like what Nolan did with Batman.

"No, thats not a guy dressed up as a bat. It's swamp gas. What you mean there aren't any swamps in Gotham?"

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 27
RE: UFO and the media - 16/8/2010 1:33:06 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

quote:

quote:

"No, thats not a guy dressed up as a bat. It's swamp gas. What you mean there aren't any swamps in Gotham?"

There is a swamp. A swamp of CORRUPTION.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 28
RE: UFO and the media - 16/8/2010 10:27:20 AM   
kathryn2

quote:

quote:

Oh, you're not going to try and convince us that Batman's fictional, now, are you?

Everyone knows that's just a mad conspiracy theory. Like the loonies who don't believe in the moon landings.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 29
RE: UFO and the media - 23/8/2010 11:11:01 AM   
kata

Look for Terminators as well!...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11041449

An Alien craft containing only circuits seems  more plausible now.

< Message edited by kata -- 23/8/2010 11:12:36 AM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> UFO and the media Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI