Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Mark Millar Talks Nemesis Movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Mark Millar Talks Nemesis Movie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mark Millar Talks Nemesis Movie - 10/8/2010 11:44:46 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Mark Millar Talks Nemesis Movie - 10/8/2010 12:48:08 PM   
aidanf

I think it's ridiculous that there is talk of a movie for Nemesis already. Only two issues have been released, the rest of the series might be utter rubbish. Even the issues that have been released have only set up the two main characters so at the moment we have an idea, not a plot.

Post #: 2
RE: Mark Millar Talks Nemesis Movie - 10/8/2010 3:42:49 PM   
dankeane

This is just ridiculous, the comic is terrible so far, the usual Millar nonsense, and I really like the way he says you need to get some $20 million actors, because everyone knows that salary=good actor. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Twat.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
RE: Johnny Depp?? - 10/8/2010 4:49:36 PM   
Dashbo

Brilliant. I love that this post has come from 'Brad911'...how ironic. I bet 'Johnny999' is going to pipe up in a minute with a retort.
Post #: 4
RE: Johnny Depp?? - 10/8/2010 5:12:32 PM   
andyswright

The only collective I point the finger at is Empire themselves - why put up a load of hearsay or someone's shopping list of who they want in their movie? Just the facts please, Emps...

(in reply to Dashbo)
Post #: 5
RE: Simmer down people! - 10/8/2010 5:35:03 PM   
Dashbo

Whilst buying Mark Millar a beer, we had a great chat about this exciting up coming project...I can now announce that I will be playing the role of Nemisis. I can't say much more at the moment but I can confirm I will be paid $20m Turkish Dollars. EXCITED!!
Post #: 6
Depp and Pitt slugging it out in Nemesis? - 13/8/2010 8:32:28 PM   
bobbybingo

I think they would both be great in the part – that said, I think that Denzel Washington would make a very thoughtful Blake Morrow (love that name) or, if you were after a more physical and less cerebral police chief, what about Will Smith? Finally, while I think Johnny Depp would make a great Nemesis I would not overlook Brad Pitt for the same role – as an actor capable of exuding charm and menace in equal measure!

Post #: 7
RE: Depp and Pitt slugging it out in Nemesis? - 5/9/2010 3:18:00 AM   
zombie mastermind

Not to be confused with Nemesis the Warlock as indicated by the pic in this months mag. Now that would be a film to get me excited!

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys, that's exactly what we are!"

(in reply to bobbybingo)
Post #: 8
No! - 10/11/2010 1:48:44 PM   
joshissaying

No! No! No! No!
I am a very big fan of Johnny Depp and also a fan of the Nemesis books. However, I do no want to see Johnny Depp fit into white lycra. He just isn't that type of actor!
I think Cillian Murphy would be perfect as he could portray the intelectual super-villain. Although you would need to convince him to where the suit.
Also how about Viggo Mortensen for Marrow? He ticks the boxes previously mentioned i.e. strong etc. And then Don Cheadle as his partner? Perfect.
Then Josh Hutcherson could play Marrow's son whilst Anna Kendrick plays his daughter with maybe Sigourney Weaver playing the mother? I think so.

Post #: 9
Yes. - 12/10/2012 4:37:03 AM   
Xanderbott

Nemesis was the first comic book i ever read, about 1 year ago. It's the reason i started reading comics in the first place. Now it's about all i spend my money on. I love the character. Good/evil...whatever. I love how Nemesis can just come off so badass through imagery while massive names like Deathstroke and Deadpool need narration to show that they're cool. Point is...Mark Millar has developed a character that is truly as awesome as the covers let on. So i guess this rant was mostly to show you that i care about this character and movie. This is not just some crazy person on the internet. Anyway, i think JDepp will be awesome. I see Sweeney Todd's evil meets Captain Jack Sparrow's do whatever the hell i want. Its perfect. The only question is if he can body build enough to fill out the superhero tights. But in my opinion, Mark, this choice is dead on.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Mark Millar Talks Nemesis Movie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI