Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> O Brother, Where Art Thou? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
O Brother, Where Art Thou? - 10/2/2006 9:50:16 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 10/2/2006 9:50:18 PM   
Welsh Beds

Great film, Clooney steals the show every time he's on the screen. Turturro solid as ever. Can't go wrong with Coen's

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 10/2/2006 9:51:46 PM   
Hobbitonlass

This is one of my favourite Coen brothers films and watched it again only last weekend.  It is very loosely based on The Odyssey by Homer and you can see little touches relating to this throughout the film.  The music in it is excellent and very catchy, found myself humming along a lot.  Great performances by all 3 lead characters

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Welsh Beds)
Post #: 3
- 31/8/2007 7:52:14 PM   
willchadwick

A Coen brothers classic in the same league as Fargo, The Big Lebowski and Miller's Crossing. John Turturro performance is still the best out of the main characters.

Post #: 4
- 30/9/2007 1:05:25 PM   
willchadwick

A film of immense fun, the Coen Brothers have now established themselves as the greatest director duo since Emeric Pressburger and Michael Powell. They have managed to get some of the greatest ever movie performances and it is just a fantastic film. Clooney in his best role I have seen him in years.

Post #: 5
Very funny - 30/4/2008 11:55:25 AM   
tallaght24

Great movie, highly hilarious!

Post #: 6
It's bonafide! - 24/7/2008 12:43:20 AM   
SkullKassidy

Now this might be blasphemous in world where most people hail "The Dude" as the greatest character even created in cinema, but THIS is my favourite ever Coen brother's film.

Ulysses and Pete play perfectly off each other and Demar must be one of the most instantly loveable characters ever made. The are backed with a colourful supporting cast of characters and you never come across a duff performance.

The story weaves together artfully, but that doesn't stop the great paced action and dialogue or the laugh out loud moments.

My only gripe is that the rather graphic cow-motorcide upsets my girlfriend alot ...so don't be doing that again Coens, you hear me?

Post #: 7
WE THOUGHT U WAS A TOAD! - 5/2/2009 8:50:22 AM   
WiseGuy101

The best of the Coens' lighthearted stuff. The characters are totally original and the plot even more so. Its the kind of film that I could watch countless times and still love it. Long live the Coens.

Post #: 8
- 11/4/2009 1:57:55 PM   
PureAinmhi

Great soundtrack to this film but for me personally I didn't enjoy it at all. Fair enough it was made by the Coen's but I don't think that because they have their name associated with this film they should automatically be getting 5 stars.

The movie for me didn't engross me in any way apart from the soundtrack and maybe the last fifteen or twenty minutes.

I can understand that people would like this film but there's nothing memorable in it for me so I honestly wouldn't recommend it.

Post #: 9
O' Brother I Laugh At Thou - 15/9/2009 4:56:30 PM   
S1lent B0b

This is the Coens 2nd best movie (The Big Lebowski RULED!) and its Exteremly funny must see

Post #: 10
- 1/4/2010 8:39:50 AM   
TheGodfather

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
After this second viewing this Coen brothers film still didn`t do anything for me. The characters are too quirky and the story couldn`t interest me at all. The only really positive thing to the film was its soundtrack, wich is brilliant.
By far the least good film of the Coen brothers.

6,5/10

Post #: 11
Hilarious! - 8/7/2010 9:40:32 PM   
!xHoTRoDx!

Classic Coen brother comedy genius! Absolute perfection!

Post #: 12
"You seek a great fortune, you three who are now i... - 20/12/2012 1:15:42 AM   
movienut707

Based loosely on Homer's The Odyssey, O Brother, Where Art Thou? is funny, warm-hearted and entertaining, with a little bit of violence thrown in for good measure. Score another one for The Brothers Coen.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> O Brother, Where Art Thou? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI