Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Tony Scott May Hire The Associate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Tony Scott May Hire The Associate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tony Scott May Hire The Associate - 5/8/2010 9:36:18 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 5/8/2010 9:36:18 AM   
UTB

More Tony is always a good thing.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 5/8/2010 11:14:45 AM   
will_stone85

The Associate was a crap retread of the far superior novel The Firm.

Post #: 3
- 5/8/2010 12:50:34 PM   
will_stone85

The Associate was a crap retread of the far superior novel The Firm.

Post #: 4
I can hear it now..... - 5/8/2010 9:34:32 PM   
darkraven28

The L.A. Times headline describing mayhem in the courtroom during a tragic hand crank camera accident, taking out six actors playing jurors, which sparked a fire that partially electrocuted the judge actor, which caused Shia to pass out from the stress and piss himself. And since Tony Scott had 12 other cameras running, he could still use the footage in the edit.

I kid. I kid. I say this as a fan, man. Tony Scott movies are always fun, even if you can predict the end from frame one (HI DEJA VU!!!!!).

Post #: 5
The Bland Leading The Bland - 6/8/2010 1:36:09 AM   
BenTramer

Just what the world needs, another John Grisham adaptation. Hasn't that guy gotten tired of recycling the same old legal conspiracy plot again and again? You seen one Grisham movie, you've seen 'em all. Lazy is the word. Why Tony Scott would want to bother with tosh like this is beyond me.

Post #: 6
- 26/10/2010 10:02:44 AM   
iampav

I'm on board with this one. I thought that the comparisons with the Firm were terribly unfair. There's some good mileage in this book that could produce a film at least on a par with, and dare I say, superior to the Firm.

In this age of sequels, this is better than a "The Firm 2" type film. This could be a film that stands alone as a journey through burning professionals, corporate espionage and personal demons which for me sits nicely with some of the 'firms' that are my competitors.

Anyone who has worked in the machine, working 60 hours a week, while partners scoop the cream off the top and earn the coin will enjoy the fact they are not alone. It's a good yarn for our times.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Tony Scott May Hire The Associate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI