Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Stephen Sommers Set For GI Joe Sequel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Stephen Sommers Set For GI Joe Sequel? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stephen Sommers Set For GI Joe Sequel? - 4/8/2010 8:12:10 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Thank God it's Not Michael Bay, or Emmarich! - 4/8/2010 1:01:11 PM   
hughjass

quote:

ORIGINAL: dgribble

Well I actually enhoyed the first one, as it deliverd what it promised, 9o mins of pure enteryainment. And it wasn't as bad as some of the shit EMPIRE is giving good reveiws to. (2010 you bastards)

No, it was MUCH, MUCH worse.

Horrrible film from a hack director who got lucky with The Mummy and everything else he's done has been sh&te.
Post #: 2
RE: GI Joe was a surprise - 4/8/2010 1:40:15 PM   
chod burger

But his crazy one eye acting was amazing! I'd happily watch another one. The first was just a slice of big dumb fun. in fact only channing tatum did his best to make it terrible..!
Post #: 3
RE: Thank God it's Not Michael Bay, or Emmarich! - 4/8/2010 1:46:10 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: hughjass

quote:

ORIGINAL: dgribble

Well I actually enhoyed the first one, as it deliverd what it promised, 9o mins of pure enteryainment. And it wasn't as bad as some of the shit EMPIRE is giving good reveiws to. (2010 you bastards)

No, it was MUCH, MUCH worse.

Horrrible film from a hack director who got lucky with The Mummy and everything else he's done has been sh&te.

How dare you. Deep Rising was awesome.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 4
- 4/8/2010 4:20:16 PM   
domcruise

i was actually surprised with how much i enjoyed the original. stupid dumb fun as others have said. was much more enjoyable than Revenge Of The Fallen.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 5
Great So many people share the same opinion - 4/8/2010 7:34:53 PM   
JoeN

I never got around how much hate this movie got. I thought it was a perfect summer movie, and ...Way Better than Revenge of the Fallen. While both were heavy on effects and big set action pieces, G.I. Joe has the distinction of not dragging on forever. Boy was I bored watching Transformers 2. While G.I. Joe is by no means a work of art, it more than delivered on its promise.

Post #: 6
I found the first one to be enjoyable - 4/8/2010 9:31:30 PM   
Rico rodrigeuz

I liked the first one because it knew exactly what it was but I am not too sure about this one. As sequels go they are usually never as good as the first and since the original was no masterpiece, this doesn't look too good.

Post #: 7
RE: I found the first one to be enjoyable - 5/8/2010 2:19:36 PM   
chod burger

Weren't there a fair few more posts here yesterday?!

(in reply to Rico rodrigeuz)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Stephen Sommers Set For GI Joe Sequel? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI