Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Spider-Men Gets A Start Date

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spider-Men Gets A Start Date Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spider-Men Gets A Start Date - 2/8/2010 10:59:36 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
let me get this right... - 2/8/2010 10:59:36 AM   
Lemure

Summer 2012: Spider-Man, Avengers, Batman, Men in Black, and probably MI4. Who needs the olympics?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 2/8/2010 4:07:45 PM   
Radical_Duck

I agree with Lemure! And also please please please people working on Spider-Man, I don't care if the fight scenes are smaller scale, I don't care if the love interest isn't Mary Jane and I certainly don't mind the high school focus with all its social circles and potential for interesting sub plots but can we please cut the whining Peter Parker and have Spider-Man's cheesey comedy from the books?? Thats all I ask. Oh and a better costume would be nice!

Post #: 3
- 2/8/2010 5:30:52 PM   
Jenzy

OMG I totally forgot about Avengers (don't worry, I'm kicking myself right now...) 2012: Bring it on!!

Post #: 4
Re : Radical Duck - 2/8/2010 11:08:54 PM   
Concise_Statement

Yes, because if Hollywood is lacking anything, it's cheesy comedy. No thanks.

What they need to do with that film, is the thing they didn't do with Spider-Man 3, which is stop listening to fanboys. They ruin films. They don't care about a cohesive narrative. They just want their own personal favourite bits and pieces from the comics thrown in and what you get is a disjointed film to serve the scrapbook nature of the trailer. Watchmen was made by a fanboy and it was a sprawling mess. The Lord of the Rings should serve as a textbook case for how to adapt from a wealth of material - where you set out to tell one main story well, focussing on a restricted set of characters, and the dissenters can just be won over by the fact you made an entertaining film loyal to the overall spirit and themes, if not the details which can be saved for their endless bickering on IMDb threads.

< Message edited by Concise_Statement -- 2/8/2010 11:10:26 PM >

(in reply to Radical_Duck)
Post #: 5
Alas Smith & Jones - 2/8/2010 11:51:29 PM   
BenTramer

Men In Black 2 cooled my interest in another sequel, i'll wait to see the trailer. If it's the same old thing all over again, I'll catch it on DVD.

Post #: 6
Yay! Something to look forward to in 2012 then lol - 3/8/2010 8:09:23 AM   
megank13

Can't wait for this, although surely will smith is getting on a bit....:/ oh well he is awesome, and he always looks young whatever! :D can't wait for spidey as well!

Post #: 7
RE: Re : Radical Duck - 3/8/2010 8:11:16 AM   
KeithM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Concise_Statement
What they need to do with that film, is the thing they didn't do with Spider-Man 3, which is stop listening to fanboys.

You assume 'fanboys' are all of the same mind. Not so.  The problem isn't listening to fanboys, it's listening to the wrong/most noisy ones or, more properly, not knowing enough to tell between good ideas and bad.

Fwiw - I hated Spider-Man 3 for probably the same reasons you or anyone else did. It was shit. I didn't want Venom in it either.

quote:

They ruin films.

Wrong. Studios ruin films.

The reasons why half these films suck is precisely because the filmmakers/studios don't understand the characters/properties and are only interested in making a buck, so when they do try to pander to the fanbase, they're so clueless that they almost inevitably fuck it up and please no-one.

quote:

They don't care about a cohesive narrative.

Wrong. What a nonsense thing to say. Of course "we" care about  a cohesive narrative (I've been reading comics for over 40 years, so I'm pretty sure that qualifies me as a 'fanboy'/old man).  Who are this generic "they" you speak of?  Not me, for sure. Having said that, nothing wrong with a narrative that takes a bit of figuring out either (Pulp Fiction, Memento...)

quote:

Watchmen was made by a fanboy and it was a sprawling mess.

No it wasn't, it was a work of art. Funny thing about opinions isn't it?

quote:

The Lord of the Rings should serve as a textbook case for how to adapt from a wealth of material

Oh the irony.  (a) Jackson was a LotR fanboy himself and (b) spent probably more time listening to the LotR fanboys on theOneRing.net than any comicbook movie has the same.  You're actually making the point that listening to fanboys MORE is better.  Well done.

quote:

the dissenters can just be won over by the fact you made an entertaining film loyal to the overall spirit and themes

\o/ One good point in all that drivel.  This I agree with, surprisingly. Shock! Horror! Fanboy desires an entertaining film loyal to the overall spirit and themes! Stop the presses!

Stereotyping rarely paints an accurate picture.

< Message edited by KeithM -- 3/8/2010 9:30:27 AM >

(in reply to Concise_Statement)
Post #: 8
- 3/8/2010 11:15:04 AM   
DouglasW

I couldn't be more underwhelmed if I tried. "Rebooting" a film franchise that was only "rebooted" a few years ago. Come on. And I think the MIB fims are over-rated, especially considering the talent and potential. Well the first one was. The second was just poor. It nees a decent zingy script, not just Will Smith doing his schtick.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spider-Men Gets A Start Date Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI