Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Rodriguez Still Up For Deadpool?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rodriguez Still Up For Deadpool? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rodriguez Still Up For Deadpool? - 2/8/2010 12:34:52 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Rorschach and Deadpooooool - 2/8/2010 12:34:52 AM   
AYBGerrardo

He's a mental case;
Music's not his thing;
So I wrote this song;
I'm so talented.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Sounds Brill! - 2/8/2010 9:21:00 AM   
Radical_Duck

Post #: 3
Sounds Brill! - 2/8/2010 9:23:13 AM   
Radical_Duck

If Rodriguez directs and gives the film insane violence like he did in Sin City it would be amazing. And just mentioning that I think you referred to Deadpool as a Mutant, which technically he isn't: he's a human mutate. Not making an issue...just saying is all...

Post #: 4
No, no listen.... - 2/8/2010 9:27:14 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Forget about Deadpool Rob. Here is how it should go down - you need to apply your mad genius to bringing a DC character to the big-screen and that would be LOBO.

Post #: 5
- 2/8/2010 9:40:51 AM   
jamesheath91

I'm glad to hear this. Deadpool was the only good thing about Wolverine.

I agree with Radical_Duck that it should be violent. It would be great to see a superhero film that doesn't try to hover round the 12A rating and actually ends up being a 15 at least so we get some decent action scenes and dialogue.

Post #: 6
Needs a new lead... - 2/8/2010 9:54:44 AM   
Nicky C

... I will be turned off if Reynolds is Green Lantern AND Deadpool. The Wolverine movie is so forgettable that it won't matter if Deadpool's a different actor. I like Reynolds, but over-exposure ticks me off. I assume Gemma Arterton will be the love interest in both GL and DP?

Post #: 7
Please, Robert, no! - 2/8/2010 11:03:16 AM   
Lemure

The world doesn't need another Spy Kids film. The trilogy is fine. And let some wannabe yes-man director make Deadpool. Marvel will only fuck you about with it and make it family friendly so they can sell lots of toys. No, ignore them all and make Sin City 2. Just imagine the fanfare from THAT announcement.

Post #: 8
- 2/8/2010 11:04:28 AM   
HellBilly

So long as they don't fuck the character up like they did in X Men Origins: Wolverine, it should be okay.

Post #: 9
Snakes eyes isright - 2/8/2010 1:49:40 PM   
manufan

Rodriguez for Lobo. last I heard they were gonna shitty Tha Main Man with some pg13 crap. So getting RR to make it proper would be awesome. Or Snyder cos he loves to stay faithful to source.

Post #: 10
RE: - 3/8/2010 9:57:01 AM   
relativelyrelative

quote:

ORIGINAL: HellBilly

So long as they don't fuck the character up like they did in X Men Origins: Wolverine, it should be okay.

I read somewhere that Reynolds and Rodriguez had talked about the possibility before, and agreed that deadpool should be as he is in the comics, doing everything from running commentary to breaking fourth wall, with as much violence as you can cram into one scene.

(in reply to HellBilly)
Post #: 11
RE: Rorschach and Deadpooooool - 3/8/2010 12:28:29 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: AYBGerrardo

He's a mental case;
Music's not his thing;
So I wrote this song;
I'm so talented.

ha ha ah ah hahaha

Deadpool and Rorscharch, mis-matched comedy buddies.  Best Idea Ever.

(in reply to AYBGerrardo)
Post #: 12
- 3/8/2010 3:31:16 PM   
The Dude01

Rodriguez is pretty much perfect for Deadpool. He's got a very distinct visual style which is essential for this movie. It needs to be totally different to any X-Men movie before it.

Also, Rodriguez can handle his budgets. Give him 40-50 million and he'll make a great Deadpool movie. Smaller budget=more chance of 15/18.

As for Ryan Reynolds playing GL and Deadpool? The guy has wanted to play Deadpool since before he made Blade Trinity. He brings it up all the time in interviews saying Deadpool is his "dream role".

He's doing Green Lantern because it's a big mid summer event movie that'll net him loads of money and make him more famous.

Deadpool is his passion project.

Post #: 13
RE: - 4/8/2010 1:46:16 PM   
chod burger

I'm actually not all that excited about the prospect of Rodriguez taking the reigns on Deadpool... I mean he's done some good stuff (Sin City and Desperado mainly), but also a shed load of medicore stuff. Perhaps it's time Uwe Boll made a big budget comic book adaptation..............................................................?!

(in reply to The Dude01)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rodriguez Still Up For Deadpool? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI