Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 23/7/2010 2:52:00 AM   
Rwolfera

Hi Guys,

Please tell me that i'm not the only one who wants them to make a totally awesome Splinter Cell movie after the events that occured in Conviction! So much stuff was revealed and so much happened in the game that i want more... and this time i want to take a back seat... i wanna see action... i wanna see a hot 20 year old Sarah Fisher... i don't want Bruce Willis to play Sam because i think he'd be too angry for the role... Sam was disturbed in Conviction and we need someone to portray that! I also wanna see flashbacks with Reagan and Sam, Sam's past and especially things to do with Lambert! Like why he did what he did with Sarah... i mean we know why... but i want to see Samuel L Jackson's face when he finds out about the death threats... oh didn't i mention i want Samuel L Jackson to play Lambert and Willem Dafoe or James Woods (i know he did the voice in the game) to play Tom Reed.

Let me know your thoughts!
Post #: 1
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 23/7/2010 6:58:50 AM   
grucl

A Splinter Cell film would be a disappointment just like every other video game movie.

The interactivity is what makes a video game fun. Watching a video game based film is like watching someone else playing the game. It's boring.

< Message edited by grucl -- 23/7/2010 7:00:08 AM >

(in reply to Rwolfera)
Post #: 2
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 23/7/2010 1:37:14 PM   
Rwolfera

I see what your saying but look at Hitman. I've played all the games and loved every minute of it, however, the film just gave a whole new experience and feel to franchise. To me it made the franchise seem that much more real in a way.

When you are playing a game, don't you want to be able to do anything like taking a piss or other mundane tasks like that? When you see a character eat, sleep, drink laugh etc in a film that you don't really see in a game, then it's easier to believe in the whole idea in my opinion.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 3
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 23/7/2010 1:44:47 PM   
Timon

I found a script review for it back in the day.

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=108343&mpage=1&key=splinter%2Ccell&NID=0#108343

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rwolfera)
Post #: 4
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 26/7/2010 7:54:05 AM   
grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rwolfera

I see what your saying but look at Hitman. I've played all the games and loved every minute of it, however, the film just gave a whole new experience and feel to franchise. To me it made the franchise seem that much more real in a way.

Was that the one with the five-against-one mexican stand off?

(in reply to Rwolfera)
Post #: 5
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 29/8/2010 4:15:13 PM   
Boabson1

Yeah I see how, so far, game tie-ins have been a little p!sh. But I don't see a problem with making a film using characters from a game and not trying to tie it in with the games.

Plus, I love talking about them and who should play who even if there's no film.

Liev Schreiber for Sam and Ironside has to have a wee cameo.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 6
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 31/8/2010 7:52:12 AM   
IPFreely

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rwolfera

When you are playing a game, don't you want to be able to do anything like taking a piss or other mundane tasks like that? When you see a character eat, sleep, drink laugh etc in a film that you don't really see in a game, then it's easier to believe in the whole idea in my opinion.

I actually enjoyed Hitman but you have to admit it was an awful film. Just had three things going for it:

1. Timothy Olyphant (who I've loved since Deadwood)
2. Return of 80's style gratuitous nudity and in particular, gratuitous Olga Kurylenko nudity, and
3. I quite enjoyed the games

(in reply to Rwolfera)
Post #: 7
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 6/9/2010 7:43:53 AM   
kellylife

awful film, no, I don't like it.

(in reply to IPFreely)
Post #: 8
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 6/9/2010 9:53:21 AM   
Marwood

I don't think a Splinter Cell film should be made although generally I'm against most game adaptations because I really don't think they add anything to the series.

Basically games are becoming more cinematic themsevles anyway to the point where a lot will feel like interactive films (Heavy Rain is the best recent example). I know it's all about money but from a creative point of view there's no reason for the films to exist; look at Max Payne - the games were more cinematic than that piece of Wahlberg shit.

Bioshock, Mass Effect and now Splinter Cell - they're all perfect as they are and films are totally unnecessary as they'll probably significanrly deviate story wise so the name is retained but all else is different so again what's the point? Modern games in the RPG/adventure category usually focus as much on plot as they do on gameplay so let them continue to bridge the gap between film and game. When you leave it films they're bad (Max Payne, Prince of Persia), worse (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil) or just plain embarassing (Super Mario Bros).

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to kellylife)
Post #: 9
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 16/10/2010 7:36:31 PM   
Stevie91

i've never sat and played any of the splinter cell games but conviction looks awesome... i have to say i agree with most people when they say its a terrible idea, video games are more or less interactive movies so when you adapt a movie from it it just deducts from the experience.

.....i've never been the same since they made that hitman movie haha

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 10
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 17/10/2010 5:24:17 PM   
Rembo92

if they based the story on splinter cell and made it mission impossible 1 likeit could be seriously awesome

(in reply to Stevie91)
Post #: 11
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 15/11/2012 11:05:18 AM   
Timon

So Hardy is Fisher. I wonder how much of Beattie's original script remains or if Peter Berg is still the favourite to direct.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/four_star_script_review_of_splinter_cell/

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rembo92)
Post #: 12
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 15/11/2012 7:30:14 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

A Splinter Cell film would be a disappointment just like every other video game movie.

Well you should have stopped there really. The fact its they are all bad films, and this won't be any different.

Nothing against Tom Hardy, but where is Michael Ironside? Mind boggling decision not to include him. Who cares about the visual difference, they could make it work.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 13
RE: Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] - 18/11/2012 1:33:24 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

Well you should have stopped there really. The fact its they are all bad films, and this won't be any different.

Nothing against Tom Hardy, but where is Michael Ironside? Mind boggling decision not to include him. Who cares about the visual difference, they could make it work.

I'm sorry but how can you possibly know this before you've even seen the finished film?

Jeez - such pessimism on these boards lately.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 18/11/2012 1:37:17 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Splinter Cell Movie [I want it!] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI