Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/1/2011 4:15:52 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

And another thing. The freight train on Yusuf’s layer. When I first watched the film I assumed it was part of Fischer’s subconscious militarisation. But when watching it on BD the other night, when they get to warehouse Ariadne tells Cobb he needs to warn the others about him, in case another freight train comes crashing through the wall. This ties in as a projection of Cobbs, given what happened to him and Moll… but why is it in Yusuf’s layer when Cobb was not privy to the architectural design of the layers

I always thought that there was measure of control when in the dream and that other people could also bring things into the shared dream even though they aren't the dreamer or the one populating the dream with their sub-concious. It was just a matter of crontrol and as is said in the film Cobb has lost that control,

I thought only the mark could populate the dreamers space with their subconscious projections. But I suppose the above follows and is why Moll is in Arthurs dream space at the beginning with Saito. So the train is indeed of Cobbs making. Might have to re visit tonight… but twice in 5 days might be a little excessive!

Any thoughts on the Saito Cobb suicide/wake up issue?

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 271
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/1/2011 4:57:52 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Mentioned it a few posts back this is what I put down.

I forgot about the sedation, surely then the only way that Cobb and Saito could get back to reality would be to ride a kick. It certainly gives more credit to the idea that cobb is still dreaming, Based on the rules set up in the film he would have to be. I think that because you see Cobb and Moll wake up straight from limbo it throws you off but surely they would have had to do it more than once. And if that is the case then there is no way Cobb and Saito could ever leave limbo on their own.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 272
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/1/2011 8:36:57 PM   
sam89

Well they would get back to reality eventually anyway, because they would simply wake up once the sedation has worn off. Alternatively, they could kill themselves after a while, because the other dream layers would have collapsed by then.

Post #: 273
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/1/2011 10:29:53 PM   
rich

quote:

I thought only the mark could populate the dreamers space with their subconscious projections. But I suppose the above follows and is why Moll is in Arthurs dream space at the beginning with Saito. So the train is indeed of Cobbs making. Might have to re visit tonight… but twice in 5 days might be a little excessive!

Cobb's personal issues appear in the first and 3rd layer, suggesting his level of mental issues can invade anywhere.

As for the escaping limbo with Saito at the end... need to rewatch. I think the drugs wore off by then and he was just lucky to be still sane after becoming an old man - it's unclear.

< Message edited by rich -- 12/1/2011 10:30:37 PM >

Weekend write-ups

Post #: 274
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/1/2011 10:50:53 PM   
Mr Grady

Was Cobb and Moll on the train track their 'kick'' back to reality?

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 275
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/1/2011 11:38:46 PM   
Dirk Miggler

But we have to remember 9 hours under is meant to be like 100 years or something in limbo but even that is never made clear I think it is said in the film that it could be eternity but they dont know for sure.
At the end when Cobb finds Saito they have both aged considerably and are already struggling to remember what is reality and what is a dream but have they really been in limbo that long that the sedative just wore off. Im not so sure although it does seem to be the most logical explanation, it just doesnt seem to fit.

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 276
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 13/1/2011 11:56:40 AM   
pete_traynor

This sketch by Nolan himself seems to suggest they both ride the kick up form Limbo. So, if time is really moving that slowly in Limbo I suppose the kicks could still be in effect when the commit suicide. But both are dead on the first layer having drowned no? So essentially, regardless of whatever happens at any level, simply wait for sedation to wear off and you’ll wake right? Eames says on the first layer that he is just going to sit it out and wait for the sedation to wear off. I suppose though, at Limbo level you could awake having gone totally insane.

Also, how did Cobb and Moll get deep enough? Cobb performed Inception on her yet he seemed totally amazed that Yusuf had compounds that could get someone that deep.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 277
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 13/1/2011 12:21:35 PM   
Dirk Miggler

| thought it was Yusef that was amazed at how deep Cobb wanted to go.

Fuck im rewatching this film again tonight

Could they have rode the kick ? Ariadne already rode it, they missed it didnt they ? also i think its more than hinted at in the scene with aged Saito and Cobb that they kill themselves.

As I said though I will watch again tonight. Its been a while anyway.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 13/1/2011 12:27:26 PM >

Post #: 278
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 13/1/2011 12:38:02 PM   
pete_traynor

Yusuf is sceptical at Cobb's wish to create dreams within dreams. But when Cobb wakes up he seems amazed at the effects of the compound and Yusuf says to him, “Sharpe no!” If he’s been deep enough to perform Inception before then he must have used compounds of that strength before surely.

I’m with you on the kicks. I don’t see how they could have. It was the defibrillator from Eames level that signalled the kick and it manifested itself as lightening in Limbo. But Cobb stays with Moll until the others have gone and then goes off to find Saito. No matter how slow time is moving there surely they missed those kicks by quite some way.

Post #: 279
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 25/1/2011 7:09:39 AM   
jassmine12

I would say Inception is only the movie which is Oscar worthy in the year of 2010. That's my personal view about the movie. Leonardo is simply the awesome in the movie. I also liked his work a lot.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 280
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 31/1/2011 11:57:35 AM   
darth silas

I watched this for the third time last night since getting the Blu ray at christmas.The film stands up to multiple viewings very well as there is so much to enjoy and analyse.

Regarding Cobb and Saito going back to reality at the end.There is a close up on Saitos gun before they wake up which suggests to me that if you kill yourself in Limbo then you wake up.It just took the appearance of Cobb in Saitos ''old age'' to realise he was dreaming.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to jassmine12)
Post #: 281
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 31/1/2011 12:20:18 PM   
grucl

quote:

Ah but the head fuck with Cobb and Saito is how does that bring them any higher? I mean, they missed the kicks to ride back up the layers so what good would shooting themselves have done. Unfder Yusuf's sedation compound the killing to escape rule no longer appliers right? Especially that deep! They were under three layers of dream space!

When Cobb and Saito wake up after the final Limbo scene the others are already awake which means the sedative had run out by then. So killing themselves then would have the desired effect.

Post #: 282
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 9/10/2012 1:06:39 PM   
Whistler

Just got given this by my brother as a random present.

It still hasn't toppled.

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 283
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 9/10/2012 10:49:07 PM   
rich

Where'd he get one that colour? Mine spins nicely but it's far too silvery looking.

Anyone got a clue what the hotel room/safe combination thing is about? Thought I'd covered everything on past viewings, but then realised that bit makes no sense - Fischer's random numbers are the hotel rooms? Feeding him his own numbers means that the safe in the final hospital bit.... maybe? Hm...

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 284
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 10/10/2012 1:20:13 AM   
Whistler

I'm not actually sure where it came from, he bought it straight from the app 'Fancy' on his phone. I think it was just called something generic like "replica Inception spinning top".

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 285
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/2/2013 2:49:43 AM   
england_cmr

Inception is completely flawless in my eyes. I would probably say that this is my ultimate favourite film. Amazing action, cracking story, suprisingly rewatchable. As someone who has grown up with CGI and am thus unfamilar with the mythical/rarely felt feeling of 'How did they do that?' I was pleasantly suprised with the corridor fight - for the first time in my life I genuinley pondered how they did it. It just looked way to good to be CGI. As I say, this is the only time I can really remember being genuinly baffled. That fight scene is probably one of my favourite movie scenes of all time as well. It looks sensational on Blu Ray with the volume up.

1) Inception
2) Wall - E
3) Beetlejuice
4) Big Fish
5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
6) Spirited Away
666) Battleship

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 286
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/2/2013 1:37:48 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Where'd he get one that colour? Mine spins nicely but it's far too silvery looking.

Anyone got a clue what the hotel room/safe combination thing is about? Thought I'd covered everything on past viewings, but then realised that bit makes no sense - Fischer's random numbers are the hotel rooms? Feeding him his own numbers means that the safe in the final hospital bit.... maybe? Hm...

I think that's exactly it. It's what I've always thought anyway.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 287
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/2/2013 3:52:40 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Just got given this by my brother as a random present.

It still hasn't toppled.

WAKE UP WHISTLER! YOU APPEAR TO BE STUCK IN A DREAM

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 288
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 12/2/2013 7:01:44 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I think that's exactly it. It's what I've always thought anyway.

Well yes that links to the numbers he shouts down the phone in the warehouse, to the safe in the hospital. But the hotel rooms are part of the architect's design, so how does that fit?

< Message edited by rich -- 12/2/2013 7:02:00 PM >

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 289
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 13/2/2013 12:58:19 PM   
jcthefirst

Good point. Not sure; must watch again.

Was Ariadne not constructing the second dream world whilst in the first dream?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 290
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 14/2/2013 12:28:24 AM   
rich

Yeah but that seems risky. She was just kind of sitting there with Arthur too, so its unclear.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 291
RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! - 21/4/2013 10:03:12 AM   
adamthehorrorfan

It was a pretty good film but I found it pretty damn complex to understand. I found some of the effects really spectacular in places but I felt that it seemed to take some influences off The Matrix. I liked the idea they mentioned of how you can create your own dreams though.

Still worth a watch though but it might take a while to understand the film's concept. Perhaps it's because I'm a slow learner and that is how I was when I first watched The Matrix.

< Message edited by adamthehorrorfan -- 21/4/2013 1:26:06 PM >

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 292
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Inception - Beware of Spoilers!! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI