Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Pixar Set To Launch Planes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Pixar Set To Launch Planes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pixar Set To Launch Planes - 15/7/2010 12:08:15 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 15/7/2010 12:08:15 AM   
crazymoviesdude

Oh please no. I actually do love Cars, yes it's my second least liked Pixar film, but it still puts it above all Dreamworks movies for me, but I really really don't want Pixar to do this.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
"A direct-to-video Cars spin-off..." - 15/7/2010 12:10:16 AM   
AYBGerrardo

Everything about that sentence made me die inside.

Post #: 3
So long Pixar, and thanks for all the fish. - 15/7/2010 12:15:24 AM   
Ethanial

Selling out was a long time coming, as much money as they need to make, this isn't the way, alas, it's the easiest way.

Post #: 4
No... - 15/7/2010 1:49:18 AM   
Lemure

this shows Pixar are running out of ideas or scared to try new things. And if ever there was a Pixar film that needed a prequel or sequel its The Incredibles.

Post #: 5
RE: No... - 15/7/2010 4:39:08 AM   
Overmind

Please PIXAR!
Drop this shit and start workin on John Carter of Mars again.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Lemure)
Post #: 6
Gear Change - 15/7/2010 8:03:18 AM   
kittybinks

We all know folks that Pixar is as business, like any other business they need to put out product to make a profit. No profit, no business. This is I belive an idea which keeps the wheels turning until the next big movie comes along, because remember, this is straight to DVD, not a cynical attempt to part us from our hard earned cash. The best bit of advice I can give you, if you don't want it dont buy it!

Post #: 7
- 15/7/2010 8:11:49 AM   
crazymoviesdude

But, John Lasseter shut down all of Disney's Direct-to-Video projects, and said there would be no more, which made sense, and fit in with our image of Pixar. It's an utter mess to now make one themselves. If it had another name, I don't know what, something that didn't sound so blatantly crap, maybe then I'd be on board, though I doubt it.

Post #: 8
RE: Pixar Set To Launch Planes - 15/7/2010 8:45:40 AM   
boove

sounds like Jimbo and the Jet Set.

Post #: 9
- 15/7/2010 11:45:37 AM   
leroythemasochist

my 2 year old adores cars. utterly besotted with it and if you watch it as many times as i have (!) you get to see just how wonderfully realised it all is.
It does help if you love things that go vroom vroom as much as me and my boy but it's still a brilliantly timed and beautifully drawn movie.
As for Planes? Well, he likes them too and anyway, we've got a 3 month old so who knows, maybe that one will like jet engines.
and like someone else said, if you don't wanna see it, don't buy it.

Post #: 10
- 15/7/2010 10:40:36 PM   
Zimbo

oh please..lesser my arse, i hate it when a couple of know it all critics tell everyone what to think of a film (not refering to Empire specificly).
Personally after Monsters Inc. Cars is my favourite Pixar film and generaly its a matter of taste and opinion, since visuals and characters were in no way worse than lets say Ratatouille

Post #: 11
Bew Locks - 15/7/2010 11:25:16 PM   
Cohaagens_Eyes

Motherfuckers please... you said it yourselves: Cars has become the most successful Pixar film in terms of merchandising revenues, so what other reason is there for Pixar to be releasing a DTV spin-off? And this is John Lasseter, the guy who took the reins at Disney amidst boasts that it was time to stop sullying their reputation with DTV spin-offs! What a two-faced cock sucker of a man. Looks like the cash registers outweigh your moral stance, eh John?

Post #: 12
RE: Bew Locks - 16/7/2010 4:30:08 AM   
Overmind

I dont think this is Lasseters do. Yes he is a high suit, but not THE suit.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Cohaagens_Eyes)
Post #: 13
ATN Overmind - 17/7/2010 1:09:40 AM   
Cohaagens_Eyes

Dude, Lasseter is the Head of Animation. This decision most definitely falls within his purview, jaunty bonnet on cock not withstanding.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Pixar Set To Launch Planes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI