Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 23/1/2013 1:50:54 PM   
horribleives

I was watching The Big Match Revisited the other day - I'd forgotten how camp Martin Tyler sounded back in the day.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 121
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 23/1/2013 6:11:43 PM   
superdan

What they do on MOTD can't be described as punditry. You hear more interesting football discussion down the pub. Hansen looks like he considers having to turn up and attempt to earn his money beneath him (the smug twat), why Lawro is a pundit when he doesn't even seem to like football (or, indeed, anyone or anything) is beyond me, and Shearer gets paid to describe what's happening on the action reels as we are watching it ("and you see here he gets the ball, turns the defender and has a shot at goal and again, you see here, he gets the ball, gets a good shot away and the keeper makes a good save"). It's laughably bad. It says it all when the only person who offered any insight (Dixon) quit.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 122
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 23/1/2013 6:20:04 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Good riddance. Murray is an annoying little twerp. I wanted Pat Nevin to ram those glasses down his throat after his condescending bollox to Nevin's explanation of the Caulker/Rooney incident.

Chapman is hardly Bill O'Herlihy but he's an improvement.

Nevin and Murray are good friends in real life, it was a bit of banter.

As for Martin Tyler, he's starting to lose it and really letting his colours show when commentating on United games.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 123
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 23/1/2013 6:21:37 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Good riddance. Murray is an annoying little twerp. I wanted Pat Nevin to ram those glasses down his throat after his condescending bollox to Nevin's explanation of the Caulker/Rooney incident.

Chapman is hardly Bill O'Herlihy but he's an improvement.

Completely agree. Can't stand Murray and his smug, patronising tone. Chappers is alright, quite inoffensive which is as good as it gets on the bbc these days. Hansen and co are total shit, god knows why they're employed. Lineker's role is quite sad really because it's obvious from Twitter he knows his football and watches a lot of foreign games. And yet all he done is ask inane questions to those clueless twats.

Dream line-up:

Presenter: James Richardson
Pundits: Gary Neville, Lee Dixon, Michael Cox from Zonal Marking or another informed journalist.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 124
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 23/1/2013 7:44:13 PM   
Skiba

Murray was the least offensive thing about MOTD 2...it's the cunts on the other sofa with their "you've never played the game" attitude that's the problem.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 125
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 23/1/2013 7:46:43 PM   
Rhubarb

Yeah, Chapman is fine, and Murray was alright, but really it the guys on the other side of the table who ought to be shifted on.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 126
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 23/1/2013 7:58:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I didn't mind Murray and I dont mind Chapman,the problem lies with the pundits/analysts.
Dixon seemed fine yet he either was booted off or he chose a better paycheck,dont blame him if it was the later.
Nevin is ok,though he's better on 5live,Hansen offers little apart from hyperbole bullocks,Sheaer comes across as Mr Simpleton,Lawrenson seems wasted/fed-up (again he's better on 5live imo),Robbie Savage is....,well,Robbie Savage,Freidal (when on) is sloooow/boring and Jason Roberts is egotistical douche.

so...

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 127
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 10/2/2013 7:50:24 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Alan Shearer was at his most tedious best last night.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 128
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 12/5/2013 10:33:54 PM   
directorscut

Laudrup on MOTD tonight. Finally some class and charisma on the show. Lineker must be hoping some of it rubs off.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 129
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 15/5/2013 7:04:32 PM   
Ultimo Lee

According to Charles Sale of The Daily Mail (i got it off yahoo, i'd never read that shit) Alan Hansen will be leaving MOTD after the world cup.

Post #: 130
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 18/5/2013 12:29:24 AM   
Saltire

Great news, Hansen has been finished for years.

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 131
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 18/5/2013 1:33:21 PM   
ElephantBoy

Have been a big Hansen fan for years, he is maybe the best at getting to the heart of the matter and saying what is good or bad in a informed, entertaing way. Agree that in recent years he has become repetive but then that might be more down to the format of the show than him. Hansen really comes into his own at International Tournaments when there is a little more to talk about than just ref decissions and poor defending/great attacking play. I for one will miss him.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 132
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 18/5/2013 1:43:08 PM   
superdan

I'm not sure that I could ever describe Hansens punditry as 'entertaining'. If it wasn't for the fact that he's often sat next to that sour bastard Lawro I'd think he was the most dour pundit on tv. He's upped his game slightly since Neville removed the fog from everyone's eyes and showed them what real football punditry is, but he still acts as though he's above it all and phones it in a fair bit.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 133
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 20/5/2013 10:32:12 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I'm not sure that I could ever describe Hansens punditry as 'entertaining'. If it wasn't for the fact that he's often sat next to that sour bastard Lawro I'd think he was the most dour pundit on tv. He's upped his game slightly since Neville removed the fog from everyone's eyes and showed them what real football punditry is, but he still acts as though he's above it all and phones it in a fair bit.

I found him to have a good sense of humour and to be very dry, also seems very laid back to me and sort of guy I can see going for a pint with.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 134
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 20/5/2013 10:51:10 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Lets get one thing straight the BBC punditry coverage will never be like SKY.Its just not feasible due to match-coverage,money and time constraints set out by the beeb.But it does need a stronger sense of optimism/freshness and a new 'spark' because Hansen,Lawro (who I actually like on 5live),Shearer and the other bunch of character-less so-called professional pundits offer nothing more than the typical football cliche week after week,its like Groundhog Day.

The show just needs a new set-up.A kick-up the backside.

Post #: 135
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 21/5/2013 10:37:02 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Lets get one thing straight the BBC punditry coverage will never be like SKY.Its just not feasible due to match-coverage,money and time constraints set out by the beeb.But it does need a stronger sense of optimism/freshness and a new 'spark' because Hansen,Lawro (who I actually like on 5live),Shearer and the other bunch of character-less so-called professional pundits offer nothing more than the typical football cliche week after week,its like Groundhog Day.

The show just needs a new set-up.A kick-up the backside.

But if you take Neville and Rednapp away couldn't you say the same about Sky? And while I give Neville credit for a being a good pundict he is still a smug twat

Just like the BBC's approach to covering Football, and Sport always have done.

Post #: 136
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 26/5/2013 5:00:07 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Did a larger post but lost it.

I'd also have Richardson with an interesting Journo with a sense of humour like Raffy Honigstein/Gab Marcotti/Balague/Lowe.
Throw in a pro who dare have an opinion and you're there.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 137
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 30/5/2013 9:11:47 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

I'd also have Richardson with an interesting Journo with a sense of humour like Raffy Honigstein/Gab Marcotti/Balague/Lowe.

As bullsh*tter Journo's go he's pretty high on the list.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 138
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 30/5/2013 11:24:23 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

He seems to be right on more transfers than most though, he does like to natter however!! James Richardson is a great shout though, he should be back now, right now dammit!

Post #: 139
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 31/5/2013 9:13:52 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

quote:

He seems to be right on more transfers than most though, he does like to natter however!! James Richardson is a great shout though, he should be back now, right now dammit!

Sorry but I cant stand the guy.
You throw enough darts at the board and sooner or later you'll hit the bullseye,that's my take on Balague and his 'info'.

Marcotti is a better choice.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 140
RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp - 1/6/2013 7:02:09 AM   
Saltire

I'm not fond of Marcotti funnily enough, I know he is well informed, but I just can't take to the guy.

Post #: 141
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Does Match of the Day need a revamp Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI