Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Captain America Talks Costume

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Captain America Talks Costume Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Captain America Talks Costume - 7/7/2010 5:22:44 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 7/7/2010 5:22:44 PM   
The Hooded Man

Excellent comments saying all right things but can we actually see the suit?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 7/7/2010 5:48:44 PM   
lukeyboy

I'm liking the casting of Evans more and more each time a snippet about Cap surfaces. He comes across as very humble and modest but in a cool way, and as The Hooded Man pointed out he say's all the right things. Now, lets see some "leaked" set pics!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 3
Interesting, but... - 7/7/2010 6:03:24 PM   
Lemure

Does anyone really think Evans would have said "Well, the costume's a bit crap, it makes me look gay, and I hate it. I think the fans will hate it too."

It's kind of a rhetorical question for the sake of having something to write about.

But I do want to see this one.

Post #: 4
Is it just me... - 7/7/2010 6:15:28 PM   
albumental

...or is the guy playing Captain America in the concept drawings actually Nathan Fillion... or has this already been pointed out and I'm hideously behind the times?

Post #: 5
THIS MOVIE..... - 7/7/2010 6:30:59 PM   
ROTGUT

is starting to look more and more interesting with each new scoop. The cast all look top notch and Chris Evans looks like he's going to give it his best shot. How can it possibly fail? Best not to tempt providence. Please God that it turns out to be spectacular......it's the Thor movie that I'm more apprehensive about. Those recent pictures of Hemsworth made him look less a Norse God and more like a Las Vegas male stripper........ah well......best to wait and see eh?

Post #: 6
RE: Captain America Talks Costume - 7/7/2010 7:29:27 PM   
captainrentboy

I don't really know much of Captain America's story, obviously as a geek I know OF him but not enough to say whether or not Chris Evans is inspired casting. The whinging fuckers over on AICN seem to think he isn't but they moan about literally everything.
Saying that, I really like Chris Evans as an actor, he's normally the most enjoyable and likable cast member in even the shittiest of flicks, most recently being The Losers. So yeah, I'm looking forward to CA, although Green Lantern and THOR are the more intriguing adaptations for me.

Post #: 7
I still say it needs the little wings on the mask/helmet - 7/7/2010 8:41:13 PM   
burce75

Otherwise it's decent enough, still woulda' preferred to have his chest gilded with that scale armor. But that's a minor gripe, defintely the wing thingees on the side of the mask needs sorting out.

Post #: 8
- 8/7/2010 12:42:32 AM   
badsanta

Gay

Post #: 9
- 8/7/2010 10:57:31 AM   
WesB

Looks better without the stupid helmet wings. This is spot on.

Post #: 10
- 8/7/2010 12:19:03 PM   
Youshouldberunning

If anyone can make Cap less 'gay' without turning him into some hideous macho tool, it's Evans. Also, it's a skin tight costume, so unless you have a vagina and breasts (and I doubt Evans does, although I volunteer to check), it's ALWAYS goint to look a bit gay!

Post #: 11
- 8/7/2010 2:46:15 PM   
nowthen

What worries me is the remark "set in the 40s and 50s"
surely that should be 40s and currently? Cap is not meant to see the war out, and be found in 21st century (depending on where you see the Avengers start). On a side note they are shooting some of this in Manchester this September under the working title of " Frostbite".

Post #: 12
- 8/7/2010 2:57:39 PM   
Barneyross1

Not sure about this after Johnson's last 'opus'....in an ideal world it should of been John Sturges and Steve McQueen and lots of Bike action to a nice bit of John Williams!!!!

Chris Evans is the laziest casting decision ever...my money was on John Krazinski...he was what Reeves was to Supes...where's Lynn Stalmaster when you need him!

Post #: 13
Sweeet! - 8/7/2010 4:45:09 PM   
brian21

Looking hot!

Post #: 14
Helmet Wings - 8/7/2010 6:34:13 PM   
batfunk

I read a piece on the web recently that stated that the helmet wings would be added with CGI. He looks bare without them.

Post #: 15
CGI wings??? - 8/7/2010 11:31:57 PM   
UnderTheLights

I dunno, that sounds like some purist fanboy just desperately trying to reason why the wings aren't on the concept art....

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Captain America Talks Costume Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI