Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: War Horse Cast Announced

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: War Horse Cast Announced Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: War Horse Cast Announced - 17/6/2010 11:56:02 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 17/6/2010 11:56:02 AM   
Timon

Very interesting, but it's a shame to see Lincoln put on the backburner once more.

Also, isn't Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Holmes in a new BBC production? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Sounds great - 17/6/2010 12:55:50 PM   
Ambition

He certainly knows how to whip up an amazing film in no time at all. Also I really like the photo breakdown of the cast - will you be doing that more often?! nice to get a feel for the whole ensemble like that.

Post #: 3
CLASSY! - 17/6/2010 1:07:09 PM   
Nicky C

Great cast, if you ask me. Arestrup's work with Audiard has put him firmly on my radar and Cumberbatch was great as Van Gogh. I could go on, but probably shouldn't, other than to say that Stephen Graham is the b*lls!

Post #: 4
RE: CLASSY! - 17/6/2010 1:13:27 PM   
DazDaMan

Looks like a decent cast - I'm looking forward to this more.

(Oh, by the way, spelling fail - it's "reins", not "reigns")

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 5
Old War Horse? A Movie About Dirk Kuyt? - 17/6/2010 2:53:56 PM   
BenTramer

Sounds like E.T., with a horse replacing the alien and a big, sugary ending. If anyone knows how to do that, it's Mr. Spielberg.

Post #: 6
US film about the British Army? - 17/6/2010 3:04:21 PM   
reinhardt76

Which means the brits will helping the US who won the war etc..etc.. sounds like Oscar brown-nose again, and having Richard Curtis involved means no poor people or black people will feature...

Post #: 7
Epic and heart touching. - 17/6/2010 3:13:37 PM   
Tinman84

By just reading the plot I've become emotional, knowing Spielberg and his previous works we know he knows hot to tell the pain of a battlefield like no others and then mix that with a Horse and it could get very touching indeed, I also would have liked to see Lincoln but I'm shure it can wait for now and this looks such an original story, they don't make many films about the 1st world war, not as many as the second anyway. I had a relative that died on horseback while in France so I will follow this up with much interest

Post #: 8
Does the horse die...? - 17/6/2010 3:13:54 PM   
Cat_Corportation

If so I can't bear to watch this, no matter how brilliant the director and cast. I'm a wimp when it comes to animals buying the big one!

Post #: 9
- 17/6/2010 3:51:05 PM   
Dene

Good luck to them all, I'll be watching in August next year hopefully.

However, I can't lie and say that I wouldn't prefer his next movie to be some kind of thriller/actioner instead.

Post #: 10
- 17/6/2010 4:03:24 PM   
Roll

Absolutely. Spielberg is possibly my favourite director and this is a great cast, so as Dene said, good luck to them.

Post #: 11
Can't wait... - 17/6/2010 4:11:18 PM   
artigat1

Having seen this in the theatre a couple of times, I can't wait to see the movie. Very interested in how he intends to bring the horses to life. This is done so cleverly with puppets in the theatre, but wouldn't work at all on film.

As for the comment: "having Richard Curtis involved means no poor people or black people will feature..." The theatre version starts in a poor farming village. The black people comment is probably correct. Doubt there was many of them living in small villages in Devon in 1914...

Post #: 12
- 17/6/2010 4:14:55 PM   
Roll

Also, love this photo layout empire!

Post #: 13
Great Author, great book, great(est) director - 17/6/2010 8:19:06 PM   
leroythemasochist

Having read many MM books with kids, I can honestly say that he is a genius. There are so many great books of his that would have suited Spielberg to a tee, but this looks great.
This is a director who can film anything and it will have brilliance in it. No one gets everything right and Spielberg has, at times, not hit the mark.
but if someone can make a superb, powerful anti-war war movie, it is he.
I don't think there is another director who has used so many great british actors in his films and not simply had them play scumbags.
I agree, I'd love to see some more quality popcorn (with or without Fedoras and bullwhips) but a great story and brillaint cast will do for the time being.

Post #: 14
Well done Peter! - 17/6/2010 10:06:14 PM   
Big Braveheart

Great to see Peter Mullan cast here, great guy and i met him in Glasgow, tremendous character and nice to see him get the chance to work with the best director in the world! He had to drop out of The Departed but all the hard work has paid off!! I wonder if Speilberg saw his amazing film Orphans,he'd love that!! Emma Watson and David Thewlis two other actors who deserve the chance too.

Post #: 15
Pictures great ! - 18/6/2010 9:56:29 AM   
bryanbotsareli

Thank god someone has shown the initiative to put pictures with the actors, how many times have a cast been announced and you go, "ok is that yer man" or "I know the name but can't think of the face" nice one.

Post #: 16
- 18/6/2010 2:13:34 PM   
Jenzy

It feels like ages since Spielberg had a movie in the cinemas. This is definitely one to watch come 2012 Oscars. That cast sounds incredible and Emily Watson is criminally underused.

Post #: 17
Happy Days - 20/6/2010 8:26:48 AM   
monkeyhumour

An American great with some very fine british talent indeed

I reckon it'll be terriffic

Post #: 18
The War Horse - 22/6/2010 8:28:16 AM   
jasminefilm

The Play was so moving. This could turn out to be spielbergs oscar winner in 2012. Cast looks great too.

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: War Horse Cast Announced Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI