Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Russell Crowe Wants To Be The Equalizer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Russell Crowe Wants To Be The Equalizer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russell Crowe Wants To Be The Equalizer - 16/6/2010 9:30:10 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
The memories come flooding back... - 16/6/2010 9:30:10 AM   
Maca007

Just listened to and watched the opening credits and realised how much I used to love this show when I was a kid! Thursday nights at my Nan's house, it shouldn't have worked as EW was way TOO old but he just nailed it and was one bad ass mofo! Always fancied Mark Strong or Gary Oldman in this role but The Crowe should be able to pull it off. Colour me mildly excited!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
The memories come flooding back... - 16/6/2010 9:30:44 AM   
Maca007

Just listened to and watched the opening credits and realised how much I used to love this show when I was a kid! Thursday nights at my Nan's house, it shouldn't have worked as EW was way TOO old but he just nailed it and was one bad ass mofo! Always fancied Mark Strong or Gary Oldman in this role but The Crowe should be able to pull it off. Colour me mildly excited!

Post #: 3
Music to my ears.... - 16/6/2010 10:30:41 AM   
The Equalizer

Although I must say that I'm a better candidate for the role than Russell Crowe.

Post #: 4
As The Crowe Flies - 16/6/2010 11:05:22 AM   
BenTramer

I used to love watching Edward Woodward going around kicking criminals arses back in the 80s. I don't think anyone would mind a movie version with someone else, would they? Perhaps they could solve the riddle of how the tough bastard Equalizer ended up playing a chubby bloke on EastEnders before he croaked.

Post #: 5
Nah. - 16/6/2010 11:08:44 AM   
jimoakley666

I'd rather somebody British take on the role. Or if it had to be an Antipodean I'd go with Sam Neill. Seriously. Crowe isn't old enough just yet.

Perfect casting... Ray Winstone. Liam Neeson. Or is that too 'Taken'? Or in a really odd twist, Can you imagine Colin Firth in an action role? It'd either be pure genius or utter madness. But I'm betting on the previous.

Post #: 6
could be Crowes 'Dirty Harry' - 16/6/2010 11:15:02 AM   
jackcarter

this could be a big hit for Crowe - as big as Craig Bond or Bourne. the slight nostalgia for the show and perhaps Crowe finding something of what could be a signature role (tough guy going around beating people up) he hasnt had a big hit since Gladiator

Post #: 7
- 16/6/2010 12:30:30 PM   
Jenzy

This actually sounds promising. If you got Paul Greengrass on board, it would be a good deal.

Post #: 8
Thinking - 16/6/2010 1:12:24 PM   
nybras

Greengrass to direct and Crowe as?
That would be something else!!!

Post #: 9
RE: Thinking - 16/6/2010 1:32:01 PM   
jackcarter

no to Greengrass - i dont want to see any more of that shaky cam nonsense that went on to ruin Quantum....Martin Campbell would be the best choice

(in reply to nybras)
Post #: 10
Old Crowe - 16/6/2010 3:14:45 PM   
darktrain

Crowe must be a fan of the original and still has some power in hollywood which may give this film a chance..he could do the role..maybe with some ageing akin to the role he had on the insider...still feel someone older would be better..and the jag has to feature !Oh yeah..the theme still sounds briliant today...stuart copeland is a genius

Post #: 11
RE: Old Crowe - 16/6/2010 4:04:51 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

Crowe would be an interesting choice,but the direction would be crucial.
Do we want a re-boot of the series(very dated-but i loved it!) or something closer to the original.
Problem with films like this is that those who seen the original film/series,have a nostalgic fondness for it,even it was crap then.
It's a hard target audience to tap into,as the A Team has seen.
What next,a movie re-make of Highway to Heaven or Little House On The Prairie??

Misunderstood.
Don't care.
Have you seen my stolen signature?!

(in reply to darktrain)
Post #: 12
RE: Old Crowe - 16/6/2010 8:30:26 PM   
jackcarter

i think the next 80-s remakes will be Airwolf, Knight Rider (movie), Street Hawk and Magum - although the so so A Team box office opening might have killed the desire off to make em

(in reply to BOHEMIANBOB)
Post #: 13
The Remake To End All Remakes - 16/6/2010 11:19:37 PM   
BenTramer

@ jackcarter, you've given me an idea; they should do one movie featuring all the 80s films/shows that had black vechicles in them; Firefox, Airwolf, Knight Rider, Street Hawk and an option for Blue Thunder and have them join up with the Transformers to take on the Decepticons. I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

Post #: 14
RE: The Remake To End All Remakes - 17/6/2010 1:08:20 AM   
BOHEMIANBOB

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

@ jackcarter, you've given me an idea; they should do one movie featuring all the 80s films/shows that had black vechicles in them; Firefox, Airwolf, Knight Rider, Street Hawk and an option for Blue Thunder and have them join up with the Transformers to take on the Decepticons. I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

I'd watch that!

Misunderstood.
Don't care.
Have you seen my stolen signature?!

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 15
Cool! - 17/6/2010 10:11:25 PM   
Big Braveheart

This could be a great choice for Russell, he's rough around the edges and would really suit playing McCall, let's hope they keep
the theme and get a really good villain played by a top drawer actor to face off against too. Russ needs to kick some ass and this could be a great vehicle for him.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Russell Crowe Wants To Be The Equalizer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI