Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Kinect £129.99?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Kinect £129.99? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Kinect £129.99? - 5/8/2010 4:44:17 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xanxiani

I'm much more interested in how it ends up interacting with Fable 3 (as rumoured) rather than the launch titles. If it genuinely improves the experience of a traditional game in some new way it could still be worth it,

During last night's Engadget Show, Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux revealed that, despite earlier claims, Kinect functionality wouldn't ship with Fable 3 this October. We got a chance to speak with Molyneux after the show and asked him to explain what happened. "We probably could've done some little side quest with Kinect, but I love Kinect so much and I love Fable so much that I think we needed to have some time to develop it," he said. Molyneux also noted that Lionhead has a team working on Kinect right now and, if he "were a betting man," Kinect would play some role in Fable "at some time, it's just not gonna be at launch."

Molyneux wasn't allowed to get too specific with regards to Kinect prototypes Lionhead was working on for inclusion in Fable 3, but he did explain why they got scrapped. "I just said to myself 'Is this what people would expect Kinect to be in something like Fable?' And the answer, quite frankly, was 'no.' We're still working on that stuff, we're still adding stuff to it, and, as I said, I think the future for Kinect and Fable is probably bright."

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Xanxiani)
Post #: 151
RE: Kinect £129.99? - 6/8/2010 8:32:04 AM   
sroey

Gizmodo have a pretty interesting article up about Kinect:

http://gizmodo.com/5604308/deep-inside-xbox-360-kinect-the-interface-of-microsofts-dreams?skyline=true&s=i

A good read

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 152
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 8/9/2010 3:34:33 PM   
DJ Satan

A month after popping up on the side of the Aussie Kinect bundle box, Microsoft has officially announced the existence of the Xbox 360 Kinect bundle with 250GB hard drive. The package, launching November 4, includes an Xbox 360 with a 250GB hard drive, built-in Wi-Fi, a Kinect sensor and Kinect Adventures for $400.

On the same day, the Kinect hardware will launch on its own at $150, alongside the Kinect 4GB Xbox 360 bundle for $300. There's also the option of purchasing the 250GB hard drive for the S version of the console separately, but that's $130. At this point, the latest announced bundle is the best value for those looking to get the whole package. Oh, and they still sell Xbox 360s that only come with plain ol' controllers, if that's your thing.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 153
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 11/9/2010 9:20:26 PM   
kata

Dance Central preview with Tits Chobot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iKWe-U9bY

Despite not wanting to pay so much i think I'm gonna have to cave into pressure and pick Kinect up for the family.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 154
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 15/9/2010 3:14:11 PM   
Sleazy

am totally in two minds about Kinect.

When I first saw the video reveal of it I couldnt wait, now we are nearly there I'm torn, I really want it but none of the launch games look much cop. Still I love gadgets and tech but £129 is a lot of wedge for something I can see being hastily reduced in 6 months.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 155
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 15/9/2010 3:19:11 PM   
DJ Satan

More games are due to be announced at Tokyo soon. I've also seen reports confirming that Kinect can easily be used in conjunction with a controller, it's just that they are not concentrating on that for now.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 156
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 15/9/2010 4:09:43 PM   
sroey

Personally I think Dance Central is going to shift ALOT of Kinects...

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 157
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 15/9/2010 4:35:50 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Dance Central preview with Tits Chobot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iKWe-U9bY

Despite not wanting to pay so much i think I'm gonna have to cave into pressure and pick Kinect up for the family.

This is what passes itself off as dancing nowadays???

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 158
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 15/9/2010 6:07:51 PM   
kata

My girlfriend's eyes lit up when she saw Dance Central,  I'll just end up looking like a dad at a wedding 

< Message edited by kata -- 15/9/2010 6:08:04 PM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 159
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 16/9/2010 10:56:20 AM   
DJ Satan

Five more games announced for Kinect:

codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture, Microsoft Game Studios). From the famed markers of "killer7” and the "NO MORE HEROES” series comes "codename D” from SUDA 51 for Microsoft Game Studios. You must fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures. With "codename D” for Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller as you unleash devastating effects to destroy enemies and objects.  

Project Draco (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios). The director of the cult hits "Phantom Dust” and "Panzer Dragoon,” game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. With the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.  

Haunt (NanaOn-Sha, Microsoft Game Studios). Gather friends and family to delve deep into a haunted house dripping with mystery — you'll need every ounce of your wit and cunning if you hope to unravel the veil of rumors that hide its darkest secret. Dodge traps and outwit ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner. Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in "Haunt,” spooky fun for Kinect for Xbox 360.   Steel Battalion

Heavy Armor (Capcom, From Software).
This all-new game revives the fan-favorite "Steel Battalion” series. With the support of Microsoft, Capcom and From Software join forces to bring this groundbreaking collaborative project to Xbox 360. Manhattan, 2082: In a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy. The American army lands in New York to begin its first big offensive of a long ground war. Soldiers fire from the trenches as scorched bunkers belch black smoke. As comrades continually fall to the unrelenting crossfire of bullets, the Vertical Tanks make their relentless advance. Experience the battlefield as never before with Kinect for Xbox 360.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51PiYqZAKxA&feature=player_embedded

Rise of Nightmares (SEGA).
"Rise of Nightmares” offers a spine-tingling horror experience that uses the innovative new controls of Kinect for Xbox 360 to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body, players will experience fear and tension as never before in this exclusive Kinect horror adventure.

< Message edited by DJ Satan -- 16/9/2010 12:40:50 PM >

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 160
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 16/9/2010 11:22:00 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

So how long do we think it'll be before the Kinect gets a price drop? I'm going for 6 months after release. Depending on what it costs then I might be tempted.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 161
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 21/9/2010 10:03:30 AM   
sroey

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Five more games announced for Kinect:

codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture, Microsoft Game Studios). From the famed markers of "killer7” and the "NO MORE HEROES” series comes "codename D” from SUDA 51 for Microsoft Game Studios. You must fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures. With "codename D” for Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller as you unleash devastating effects to destroy enemies and objects.  

Project Draco (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios). The director of the cult hits "Phantom Dust” and "Panzer Dragoon,” game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. With the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.  

Haunt (NanaOn-Sha, Microsoft Game Studios). Gather friends and family to delve deep into a haunted house dripping with mystery — you'll need every ounce of your wit and cunning if you hope to unravel the veil of rumors that hide its darkest secret. Dodge traps and outwit ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner. Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in "Haunt,” spooky fun for Kinect for Xbox 360.   Steel Battalion

Heavy Armor (Capcom, From Software).
This all-new game revives the fan-favorite "Steel Battalion” series. With the support of Microsoft, Capcom and From Software join forces to bring this groundbreaking collaborative project to Xbox 360. Manhattan, 2082: In a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy. The American army lands in New York to begin its first big offensive of a long ground war. Soldiers fire from the trenches as scorched bunkers belch black smoke. As comrades continually fall to the unrelenting crossfire of bullets, the Vertical Tanks make their relentless advance. Experience the battlefield as never before with Kinect for Xbox 360.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51PiYqZAKxA&feature=player_embedded

Rise of Nightmares (SEGA).
"Rise of Nightmares” offers a spine-tingling horror experience that uses the innovative new controls of Kinect for Xbox 360 to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body, players will experience fear and tension as never before in this exclusive Kinect horror adventure.

I like the sound of some of these - hopefully we will see some Kinect & controller functionality implemented in these games. Have got Kinect pre-ordered. Dance Central looks brill.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 162
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 26/9/2010 4:23:46 PM   
DJ Satan

Just put my pre-order in at Shopto.

XBox Sexy + Kinect, Dance Central, Sports Resort and Your Shape for for £400. Not too bad.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 163
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 1/10/2010 9:41:51 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Kinect is £100 on the Very.co.uk site without having to use vouchers. Think there's a small delivery fee but it's still not a bad price. Still to expensive for me to buy it though...

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 164
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 1/10/2010 9:53:54 AM   
sroey

The Kinect link on very.co.uk goes to a page not found message within the site. Must be a placeholder or something

Damn - thats what it should bloody cost

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 165
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 6/10/2010 7:28:18 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 166
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 7/10/2010 4:42:30 PM   
sroey

To be fair its probably similar to what you needed for Wii - and if you are a large TV owner then a 6ft viewing distance is recommended.

I dont understand why some of the gaming press are making a big deal about this. Surely they didnt think you could play games like Dance Central in a room the size of a phone box?

Post #: 167
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 7/10/2010 5:35:14 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I agree although the 8ft needed for two players is starting to push the limits. I have what I would consider a huge living room with a 46" TV and I can only just find the 8ft needed.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 168
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 7/10/2010 8:10:58 PM   
Pratt82

Your gonna get Kinect aren't you YFU?!?!

All Work & No Play! :(

Post #: 169
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 8/10/2010 3:08:21 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 170
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 8/10/2010 3:54:58 PM   
talpacino

You also must get this!!!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=268772

Game it real everyone!

< Message edited by talpacino -- 8/10/2010 3:55:27 PM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 171
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 9:46:07 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Microsoft has confessed that the demand for its new motion-sensory peripheral Kinect has been remarkably high, adding that number of devices available on launch day will be more than what was available for the launches of their Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles.

A Microsoft spokesperson admitted that the company was "working hard" to match the level of demand for the item, in the hope that it will benefit its Christmas sales, according to MCV.

The spokesperson told the website: "We are excited about the launch of Kinect for Xbox 360 in the UK and are looking forward to transforming entertainment experiences in homes across the world."

Earlier this month, retailer Game sold out its allocation of Kinect stock and has now launched a "first come, first serve" waiting list for those wanting to buy the item.

Also, the company added that as soon as Kinect stock is available, orders will be sent out.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 172
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 10:25:20 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I got lucky, the other half started expressing an interest in Kinect, I tried to convince her otherwise but the appeals of Dance Central were too big a match for my arguing skills. So went and pre-ordered it, the next day pretty much all companies stopped taking pre-orders for Kinect, pretty much just HMV still taking orders now.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 173
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 10:29:28 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

You see, you've made the fatal error in letting your other half know about Kinect. Mine has only just noticed PS Move ("bit too much like the Wii" she said. Thank frick she's not noticed the upcoming Singstar games... ), so as long as I can steer her away from the masses of publicity and hype that's bound to wind up on the tele in the coming weeks, then I should be sound.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 174
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 10:44:59 AM   
sroey

Ive said it before and Ill say it again - Dance Central will shift loads of Kinects!

Even I am tempted and the only dancing I do is busting out some foot tapping - and the good old 2 step if backed into a corner!

The missus wants one just so she can invite the girlies round and prance around in front of it in their PJs (or underwear - I wonder if the Kinect will record these things)

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 175
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 10:47:26 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

The missus wants one just so she can invite the girlies round and prance around in front of it in their PJs (or underwear - I wonder if the Kinect will record these things)

Would you be willing to sell any videos possibly made? Spread the wealth!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 176
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 10:49:45 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

Ive said it before and Ill say it again - Dance Central will shift loads of Kinects!

Even I am tempted and the only dancing I do is busting out some foot tapping - and the good old 2 step if backed into a corner!

That's what hidden cameras are for. I can hook you up, for a price...

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 177
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 11:02:44 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

Would you be willing to sell any videos possibly made? Spread the wealth!

/\ This!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 178
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 11:30:06 AM   
sroey

Id better be careful - I dont think the missus looks at these forums...

back on topic - Kinect will sell well!

Post #: 179
RE: The XBox Kinect Thread - 14/10/2010 11:32:09 AM   
paulyboy

I was wondering when the "girlfriend wants it" stories would start to appear in the run up to Chistmas!

Come on people be honest, despite the girlfriends (entirely real I'm sure) cravings for the likes of Dance Central you all secretly want a go, the other half expressing an interest is the only nudge you need to blow £130 big ones on this baby.

I'm just as guilty, girlfriend caught sight of the fitness games for it a while back and I've been toying with the idea of picking her up one for Christmas, by "her" I mean me obviously, even though I know that like most of this hand waving, leg kicking shite I'll play it three times and never touch it again. Bonkers!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Kinect £129.99? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI