Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Metal Gear Solid Rising

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Metal Gear Solid Rising Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Metal Gear Solid Rising - 14/6/2010 9:27:23 PM   
kata

The E3 2010 thread cant contain it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-oYiqCRcVk

*insert slice pun here*

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"
Post #: 1
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 14/6/2010 9:33:09 PM   
DJ Satan

This game has the best melons since DOA Beach Volleyball.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 2
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 14/6/2010 9:57:54 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I've never played a Metal gear Solid game before (due to never having owned any Sony console) are they good? I heard they're just loads of cut scenes with brief moments of gameplay in between. The franchise seems to be very popular though.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 3
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 14/6/2010 10:00:11 PM   
kata

It didn't look anything like a metal gear game.  More like a cross between Ninja Gaiden and Dead Space.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 4
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 15/6/2010 12:43:38 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I've never played a Metal gear Solid game before (due to never having owned any Sony console) are they good? I heard they're just loads of cut scenes with brief moments of gameplay in between. The franchise seems to be very popular though.

It depends how important you think the story is to a game. It has to be said this new title looks like it's got absolutely nothing to do with the Metal Gear gameplay as it is known (a stealth series which has a main recurring theme of the value of life - not running about cutting arms off random people).

Metal Gear 1 & 2 on the Japanese MSX2 computer system are considered classics but are quite dated, you can play them on PS2 if you got the special edition of MGS3. They are not to be confused with the laughable NES ports.

Metal Gear Solid is considered probably the best Playstation 1 game of all time, with good reason. It's still very good today. It's sequels on PS2 are also high quality although some people complain about the plot of the second (probably because they have no attention span). Personally it's a really good story if you want a deep cyberpunk plot. Some refer to it all as "technobabble" however, probably because it's too complex. They are not perfect but great nonetheless.

Metal Gear Solid 4 divides many - heralded as a masterpiece by most critics but considered deeply flawed by many of the series' fans it wraps up most of the plot lines and is currently the top selling PS3 game. To me it was a major dissapointment and a huge missed opportunity. Some think it's great, I disagree quite a bit.

< Message edited by rich -- 15/6/2010 6:49:40 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 5
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 16/6/2010 1:51:12 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

Thats the first bit of Metal Gear Rising that ive seen and it looks wicked!!! looking forward to this!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 6
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 16/6/2010 6:33:15 PM   
the anomaly

I'm still hoping for some stealth in the game. The trailer looked ok. Still didn't give too much away. I've only completed MGS3. I've got into the story by reading it on wiki etc. I quite like the OTT story so I don't mind sitting through the cutt scenes etc. It's all part of a MGS game. 

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 7
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 18/6/2010 2:21:57 PM   
sroey

Was quite impressed with the Gameplay demo - especially the 'Slice anywhere' concept. Im just not sure about how they will spread that out over a full game - it looks nice and especially violent.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 8
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 18/6/2010 2:48:20 PM   
tftrman

Hmm, might be fun but it's a Metal Gear Solid game in name only.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 9
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 19/6/2010 12:45:26 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

Hmmmm you can't really say that though ... I mean I get what your implying. That the gameplay looks to be quite a deviation from the series norm. But the story looks to be far from a mere spin off. Raiden was the/a main character in MGS2 so more than cannon and I've heard this story will be a prequel, going on at the same time and part sequel to 4 ... sooo yeah ... as I said I'm still hoping there's stealth involed too. Raiden may use a sword as his weapon of choice but that's no reason to completely leave out stealth ... hopefully. Otherwise this doesn't look to complete with other third person, action adventure ... alright fuck it I mean the likes of God of War 3 and of course my pick of the litter Bayonetta.Unless the possible move/natal control shcheme is meant to set it apart ... meh ...

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 19/6/2010 12:46:28 AM >

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 10
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 19/6/2010 1:12:23 AM   
rich

quote:

Yep

Meanwhile...

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 11
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 15/12/2011 3:06:46 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Hmmmm you can't really say that though ... I mean I get what your implying. That the gameplay looks to be quite a deviation from the series norm. But the story looks to be far from a mere spin off. Raiden was the/a main character in MGS2 so more than cannon and I've heard this story will be a prequel, going on at the same time and part sequel to 4 ... sooo yeah ... as I said I'm still hoping there's stealth involed too. Raiden may use a sword as his weapon of choice but that's no reason to completely leave out stealth ... hopefully. Otherwise this doesn't look to complete with other third person, action adventure ... alright fuck it I mean the likes of God of War 3 and of course my pick of the litter Bayonetta.Unless the possible move/natal control shcheme is meant to set it apart ... meh ...

I TAKE BACK MOST OF WHAT I SAID after seeing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ArU15gVA6A

There's no way stealth is involved in this game any more? He THREW a metal gear ...

Honestly I never knew Platinum Games had got involved in this game. I love their output don't get me wrong but even for a spin off this goes too far for Metal Gear Solid. To be fair it's NOT an MGS game it's Metal Gear Rising now so who knows.
As I said I love Platinum games stuff and by doing an MGS game they have the potential to make a bigger hit but I don't know if it was the right series for them to do. As too many MGS fans won't be interested in this ... though who knows.

It still looks a blast and if I take it as another Platinum games action game ... I'm hopeful.

Post #: 12
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 22/2/2013 2:47:40 PM   
Base

No comments now that this has finally been released?

Bought it this morning (nearly went for Aliens:Colonial Marines, but read the thread on here first!). Only played through some training and part of the first mission so far, but it is damned fun!!! Nice to finally play properly as the ninja, and they have made Raiden into a badass!!!! I need to learn how to use the blade properly, but the mechanic seems like it should work nicely with a little practice.

Ok, it's not a traditional MGS game, more a different type of game set in the same universe, but looking good so far!!!

Having said that, I'll probably be back on here in a couple hours complaining that I got so annoyed by it I threw my controller through the screen, but that is true of most games I play ;)

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 13
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 22/2/2013 7:12:18 PM   
Base

Heeeey, I was right!!!! Controller is just a few seconds from going straight through my screen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like it does sadly suffer from MGS4's leaps from piece of piss to 'needs actual military training to complete' levels of difficulty!!!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 14
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 22/2/2013 7:50:15 PM   
rich

Looking forward to it after the demo. Platinum delivered again it seems.

I didnt find anything it MGS4 hard, but this has actual action controls that need learning. This covers a lot http://www.destructoid.com/essential-tips-for-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-245966.phtml

< Message edited by rich -- 22/2/2013 7:52:48 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 15
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 22/2/2013 9:15:33 PM   
Base

Really??? It's the only game I have ever given up on because I just could not progress, once I was on board the ship and had to sneak past the entire population of Earth, that was it!!!! Have rarely been so pissed at a game, and from looking on the web for a way to do it, sounds like it was quite a common complaint!!!!!!

I got a DLC code to play as Grey Fox too, and have downloaded it but can't seem to be able to use it?!?!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 16
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 22/2/2013 11:11:04 PM   
rich

Besides causing a few distractions and then running past the mechs into the door at the end since they spot you every time, no not much of a problem besides the terrible level design, and the horrible .... rest of that game.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 17
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 23/2/2013 8:21:30 AM   
Base

I'll go back and try and finish it after this then, but I have to say, they are going to have to include a sword in all future editions, it is just too much fun!!!! And it's not that far removed from earlier games, you can be a bit sneaky like, but definitely more focus on action than hiding.

Works for me tho...!

Can't believe the Aliens thread is huge and no one is bothered about this!?!?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 18
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 23/2/2013 10:11:19 AM   
ChickMagnet

I've got it and its definitely a double-hard bastard at times, but very pretty and fun to play

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 19
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 23/2/2013 11:54:30 AM   
Base

I wouldn't mind the difficulty if it was more consistent, but it lurches from one extreme to the other which is frustrating.

Needs a patch to take those stupid BMI errors out asap too!!!!!!

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 20
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 23/2/2013 2:58:53 PM   
indysgill

The camera is pissing me off big time and the timing of the parry seems to vary alot. Otherwise it a great game, very lovely to look at.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 21
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 23/2/2013 3:54:35 PM   
Base

Yeah, sort the camera out, have the parries work properly, take out the incredibly stupid BMI errors and the f**king gorillas, and it's a great game

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 22
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 24/2/2013 9:28:37 AM   
Base

Ok, how do you kill sundowner, this is seriously pissing me off now!!! And please don't say cut the shields off, even though I have watched videos of people doing it, I have definitely established that they are rendered and it is not actually possible in the game itself

Edit: Don't worry, figured out the strategy. Get really, really pissed off and lay merry crap into him, ignoring the exploding shields and helicopter missiles, worked a treat!?!?

< Message edited by Base -- 24/2/2013 9:43:14 AM >

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 23
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 28/2/2013 3:43:23 PM   
Base

Down to the last phase of the awfully spun out final boss and switched off for a break (if it restarts the whole fight from the beginning then the disk will become my new coaster!).

Not sure if I can say I have enjoyed it, generally good, but the boss fights are amongst the most frustrating bits of gaming I have ever come across.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 24
RE: Metal Gear Solid Rising - 1/3/2013 4:06:56 PM   
Base

Ok, looks like I am the only one left playing this!

Got to pretty much the end of the game within 2 days, playing it a moderate amount. Has taken a week since then to get to the final stage of final boss, and he isn't going down for anything. Either there is a trick to beating him that I am just not getting, or the difficulty curve is just intentionally shite!!!!

Has the makings of a good game, but the bosses just kill it. Someone please just tell me what the damned trick is to beating this ****!!!!!! And please don't say parry, as it just doesn't work properly!!!!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Metal Gear Solid Rising Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI