Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Indiana Jones & The Bermuda Triangle?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Indiana Jones & The Bermuda Triangle? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Indiana Jones & The Bermuda Triangle? - 8/6/2010 10:27:52 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 9/6/2010 9:44:01 AM   
captainamazing

sam fringo - I'd like to see a 60 year old man beating up Nazis...
Post #: 2
RE: re:Indiana Jones & The Devil's Triangle - 9/6/2010 10:09:07 AM   
hatebox

Indy 4 was the franchise's Phantom Menance, I have no reason to believe this won't be its Attack of the Clones. Lucas is nothing more than a businessman now, and Ford no longer has a personality. 
Post #: 3
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 11:08:33 AM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris wootton

Does that mean you don't want to see it?

Meh,....i'm indifferent!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!
Post #: 4
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 11:09:43 AM   
jkemal

Do you really need to use language like this, don't get me wrong I think it's good for people to have strong opinions but the use of language including the f and c word?. Children quite likely access this and I really don't think people who don't have the intelligence to express their opinions without the kind of language that this post uses should be allowed to express their opinions at all.
Post #: 5
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 11:25:07 AM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jkemal

Do you really need to use language like this, don't get me wrong I think it's good for people to have strong opinions but the use of language including the f and c word?. Children quite likely access this and I really don't think people who don't have the intelligence to express their opinions without the kind of language that this post uses should be allowed to express their opinions at all.

Well i'm sorry if your offended. That's your opinion and your entitled to it. Just as i have my opinion and i am entitled to express it in any way i see fit - bad language n'all. There are worse things than bad language for children to pick up and frankly i don't think "children" actually do use these forums. I would expect most users to be at least over 15 on average and if you think they have never heard the "F & C words" before then you are mistaken.

But if you feel the need to insult peoples intelligence based on the use of bad language then go ahead - i love it when people become confrontational from behind a keyboard.

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to jkemal)
Post #: 6
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 11:39:02 AM   
jackcarter

kind of surprising the BT hasnt been the focus of a big movie yet (just a load of TV movies and STVHS stuff) - probably the most well known is last years Triangle and Bryan Singers 2005 mini series (which wasnt very good) so Indy 5 would be the first really big movie about the Bermuda Triangle...maybe they could tie it into Atlantis too

sounds like if they are planning on shooting next year theyd be aiming for Summer 2012? pretty crowded as it is - Avengers, Batman, Spidey, Star Trek, Wolverine, John Carter, MiB - but thered be room for Indy...

also we could be looking at another summer 1989/2008 here (i'll let you figure it out)

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 9/6/2010 12:02:59 PM >

(in reply to jkemal)
Post #: 7
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 12:10:19 PM   
coljohnmatrix

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

quote:

Well i'm sorry if your offended. That's your opinion and your entitled to it. Just as i have my opinion and i am entitled to express it in any way i see fit - bad language n'all. There are worse things than bad language for children to pick up and frankly i don't think "children" actually do use these forums. I would expect most users to be at least over 15 on average and if you think they have never heard the "F & C words" before then you are mistaken.

But if you feel the need to insult peoples intelligence based on the use of bad language then go ahead - i love it when people become confrontational from behind a keyboard.

He just asked for you to reign in the foul language. No need to get all defensive - a little apology wouldn't go amiss. But, hey, I suppose you can tell yourself that your "I can swear when I want whenever I want to" excuse will wash. You don't need anyone to insult your intelligence when you seem perfectly capable of doing that yourself.

Ho hum. It'd be nice to join in an interesting conversation for a change but mostly this board is just full of nerds slagging each other off.

Tally ho.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 8
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 12:29:39 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: coljohnmatrix

quote:

quote:

He just asked for you to reign in the foul language. No need to get all defensive - a little apology wouldn't go amiss. But, hey, I suppose you can tell yourself that your "I can swear when I want whenever I want to" excuse will wash. You don't need anyone to insult your intelligence when you seem perfectly capable of doing that yourself.

Ho hum. It'd be nice to join in an interesting conversation for a change but mostly this board is just full of nerds slagging each other off.

Tally ho.

It would seem you are the one doing the slagging off as demonstrated by that very comment. Please - go join this "interesting conversation" you so crave while i resist the urge to revert back to using the bad language you are seemingly so offended by.

(in reply to coljohnmatrix)
Post #: 9
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 12:32:02 PM   
efc91

quote:

ORIGINAL: coljohnmatrix

quote:

quote:

Tally ho.

Let off some steam Bennett.

Post #: 10
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 12:35:23 PM   
jkemal

I'm not offended at all, and I had no intention of being confrontational. It's just a shame the only way you seem to be able to express an opinion is by insulting a film maker you disagree with rather than coming up with a constructive argument for your beliefs.

As for whether children use these forums or not, I really don't know, all I know is that they can, and besides it would be nice to introduce these forums to kids as an effective way for them to comment on and review films they have seen, in this case a film very much targeted at a younger audience,

Post #: 11
RE: I would rather..... - 9/6/2010 12:43:38 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

I'm not offended at all, and I had no intention of being confrontational. It's just a shame the only way you seem to be able to express an opinion is by insulting a film maker you disagree with rather than coming up with a constructive argument for your beliefs.

As for whether children use these forums or not, I really don't know, all I know is that they can, and besides it would be nice to introduce these forums to kids as an effective way for them to comment on and review films they have seen, in this case a film very much targeted at a younger audience,

Fair enough - but if you were a regular user of these forums and also a regular contributer to some of the same discussions i am you would see that it is not the only way i express my opinion at all. My opinion on whether people should or shouldn't be allowed to swear on these forums still clearly differs from yours so let's just agree to disagree and let that be an end to it! 

(in reply to jkemal)
Post #: 12
RE: Lets not forget something... - 9/6/2010 1:07:55 PM   
UTB

Hooray. I can't wait to see 'Indiana Jones & The Quite Impossible to Live Up to a Gazillion Obscured Childhood Memories' .

In 3D!
Post #: 13
RE: Lets not forget something... - 9/6/2010 1:13:28 PM   
The Hooded Man

You would have swore Lucas and Spielberg raped someone the way some people reacted to a film that wasn't as good as they hoped it would be.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 14
RE: Lets not forget something... - 9/6/2010 2:24:21 PM   
DazDaMan

While I didn't hate the fourth one, I'm not exactly filled with an overwhelming desire to see another. 

I still think Last Crusade should have been the very last.  It ended perfectly.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!
Post #: 15
RE: Lets not forget something... - 9/6/2010 3:12:29 PM   
MarcE

It could be good, the aliens in the last film ruined what was otherwise a respectable sequel for me.
Post #: 16
RE: Lets not forget something... - 9/6/2010 3:57:23 PM   
jobloffski

Purely instinctive reaction: Get the title right and all else follows.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull just sounded clunky, too many syllables, an 'and the' and an ' of the'
in the same title, just feels wrong. Just like Raiders of the Lost Ark now feels wrong with its now official title of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark). The and the/of the adds clunkification. I had to make up a clunky sounding word to express the point.

Indiana Jones and the Bermuda Triangle, if that is being seriously mooted as a title, simply not 'Indy' enough

Whereas...

Indiana Jones and the Triangle of Fear

would manage to sound like an episode of the old serials Lucas is supposed to be homaging, it allows the Bermuda Triangle to be referenced but not too obviously AND hints at the tone of the film, also, it subliminally suggests a plot via which three parties form the three points of a 'triangle of fear' to build the plot towards a crescendo at the end...

and the largely seaborne setting (with I assume some island hopping) even allows contextual self reference like 'we're not crashing, we're sinking' (see what I did there, etc).

And, since there is a mystery concerning disappearances relating to the setting, there's scope to speculate on where things disappear to, and more importantly to the tone of an indy film, what threats may enter our realm to try and kill Indy...From other times/dimensions, ie anything from any time, any place...any armed foe, from any era...trying to get into our time/world...

A mysterious build up culminating in the usual conclusion: there are some things we are not meant to mess with...with the attendant deaths of all the seekers of power and the survival of the hero who realises just in time...there is a door to knowledge/power here...but its not one we're meant to open.

The basic schematic for the indies, including 'Skull IS that basic, but the thing the previous film got wrong was in not making its set pieces both totally stand alone and increasingly perilous in increments. The waterfall stuff was a gag too far, pretty much beyond all credibility, even for an IJ film and even if people didn't like the whole 'escape the nuke by hiding in a fridge' thing, had that been the ending and built up to, it would have been preferable to having such a spooky out there preamble to the boom at the opening that the rest of the film never stood a chance of achieving that 'ghost town' level of ''what's happening, this is a bit scary' again.

The abject lesson is you END your film with your biggest bang, you don't START it that way.

Anyway, blah, blah blah, whatever...Indiana Jones and the Triangle of Fear...

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 9/6/2010 10:08:07 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to MarcE)
Post #: 17
RE: Lets not forget something... - 9/6/2010 4:14:45 PM   
The Hooded Man

Starting a movie with the biggest bang instead of ending it didn't exactly ruin Empire Strikes Back *

*can't think of another example apart from Superman Returns and the space plane rescue bit.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 18
RE: Lets not forget something... - 9/6/2010 5:56:29 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Starting a movie with the biggest bang instead of ending it didn't exactly ruin Empire Strikes Back *

*can't think of another example apart from Superman Returns and the space plane rescue bit.

It's possible to argue that 'I know' and 'I am your father' were bigger bangs in Empire than the actual fireworks.

To match the comparison, a nuke at the start would have to imply something even more explosive at the end in character terms. Skull didn't have it. It tried 'I'm your father?' though, didn't it?

As for SR...I know people like it, but I'm not one of them, and that also had the 'I'm your father?' twist for the main character.

In both the latter cases, a hero finding out he's a father, and in both cases a film with its defenders but one that for one reason or another is more often described as one that simply didn't deliver the goods requiring any follow up to be made from a revitalised blueprint to make up for perceived failures, assuming such a follow up is ever mounted.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 9/6/2010 10:09:41 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 19
RE: Lets not forget something... - 9/6/2010 6:13:17 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

The Bermuda Triangle must be where the script for the last Indy disappeared to!!
No more of these films spoiling the first three.

Misunderstood.
Don't care.
Have you seen my stolen signature?!

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 20
This is obviously.... - 9/6/2010 6:20:51 PM   
Sphinx

Atlantis......my wishlist that won't happen Is

Less Mutt, no bloody TNG shit neither!
More Marion, the kind we remember her for!!
Sallah, shortie explanation please
No lazy dialogue like 'They weren't you honey',
abso-fucking-lutely NO home applicances, no fridge, no cooker, no ice box, NOTHING!!
No letting Mutt hog the limelight.
No Brit vilian please! Please! Ray don't know the half of it!!

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 21
RE: This is obviously.... - 9/6/2010 6:23:14 PM   
Sphinx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

Atlantis......my wishlist that won't happen Is

Less Mutt, no bloody TNG shit neither!
More Marion, the kind we remember her for!!
Sallah, shortie explanation please
No lazy dialogue like 'They weren't you honey',
abso-fucking-lutely NO home applicances, no fridge, no cooker, no ice box, NOTHING!!
No letting Mutt hog the limelight.
No Brit vilian please! Please! Ray don't know the half of it!!

Edit: No monkeys, gophers or ants and for God's sake go back to the old Paramount trick there's dozens of mountains in the world USE 'EM!

Yeah \i think I'm done

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 22
Indiana Jones - 10/6/2010 10:43:16 AM   
jimoakley666

Oh, they should do a story about Indy getting sucked into the Bermuda Triangle to find a lost artifact on a hidden island with all wrecked ships and planes etc and he has to fight a troop of Nazis that set out in the 40's to find this thing and they're still there thinking Hitler is still alive and the war is still on because haven't aged that much etc etc...

Good god, my grammar is terrible. You'd never think part of my day job was actually pitching stories to people.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Post #: 23
Frank Marshall - 11/6/2010 6:02:35 PM   
RoryTheRoadie

The whole thing is made up. Marshall confirmed it was "completely false" on Twitter

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 24
RE: - 13/6/2010 12:44:36 PM   
Workshed

[image]http://www.deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/south-park-indy2.JPG[/image]

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to RoryTheRoadie)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Indiana Jones & The Bermuda Triangle? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI