Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Deus Ex 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deus Ex 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/11/2011 10:15:28 PM   
rich

Got the pacifist ending despite breaking at least 2 necks with a Robocop wall punch take down. Great stuff, but will leave it a while to do my all out knife stabs in the face run. Character development leaves a lot to be desired though, Jensen barely even reacted when certain people apeared at the Singapore level, and the weird father son thing going on with Sarif is hardly explored at all. Boss fights are tough but cheap, and have one or two weaknesses once you figure things out that just kill them in about 2 minutes. The whole cyberpunk thing is great though, so it's a must have. 

< Message edited by rich -- 2/11/2011 10:18:00 PM >

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 121
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 3/11/2011 2:37:58 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Well it is an RPG (well an action-rpg) so of course your character is a bit crap at the beginning.

If you plan on using melee a lot dump your skill points into the energy converter thingy.

That's an understatement!

Considering the start was combat/action heavy, and you can't customise anything at the start it just felt a bit unfair. Could have eased you in a bit more and give you a chance from the off to customise the character. I thought after the first aug you would get a chance to distribute your skills. Alas I was wrong.

Now I've actually got out into the world I'm much more interested. As I never actually properly played the first two games ... I'm missing out on all the previous references but on the other hand it's also helped to fill me on the backstory etc. The overworld area is interesting though you do get bombarded with a lot of info.

Now I've got myself stuck on another mission. I snuck into some gang territory and disabled a satellite .... great I thought mission over as I kinda fell into this mission and wanted to level up and actually put ammo in my tranq gun ... but no it followed on to another mission ... not ready for it.

Question for the group! How long did your first place through take? For some reason I thought I could get through this quicker ... but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm borrowing it right now and may just buy it latter and gradually play it over time. Rather than try to blaze through, I just don't think I'm in the mood for this kind of game right now?!

Post #: 122
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 21/11/2011 12:48:35 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Got rid of LA Noire because I simply couldn't be arsed to play it and got this instead.

Initial feeling - amazing look and music but the targeting is a big fuck up. The standard zoom/ targeting in the vast majority of shooters is Left Trigger and that is now staying in cover and you have to click on the right stick to target. It goes against the grain and I it feels like they've done it to be different.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 123
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 12/12/2011 5:41:30 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

There's some serious glitches in this game - how about when you are taking down that gang and you can't complete the mission till you neutralise them all - and the final guy is stuck in a wall so you can't actually shoot him. Shockingly crap that. Still a killer game so far, the Typhoon Explosive system is very cool all Matrixey

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 124
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 14/12/2011 12:59:39 AM   
the anomaly

Must go back to this ... I started to get into it but SKYRIM now ...

Post #: 125
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 17/12/2011 4:53:11 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I was gonna get Skyrim for the Gamestation offer but I just know it's gonna take over all gaming so I'm trying to complete this first.

It's got a really nice feel to it has Deux Ex, it's slick, got great music and feels and sometimes like Ghost In The Shell as well as the more obvious comparisons to Blade Runner. The upgrade paths are really interesting and varied - generally with gaming I like to become as much of a hard bastard as possible but I'm finding myself delving into hacking.

I only got it for 12 in Game, the guy in the shop said loads of people returned it because they were expecting a straightforward shooter. It's really a lot in the Metal Gear Solid vein with the stealthing about

Post #: 126
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 21/12/2011 7:08:11 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

This is such a great game - I had a major gun battle with some security folk, during which I was going into stealth/ invisible mode while using a targeting system which locks onto enemies and curves bullets into them. I felt like the Predator

Post #: 127
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 3/1/2012 10:30:57 PM   
juanvasquez

I started this tonight, and I'm only about an hour in so far but I'm not too impressed to be honest. And the thing bugging me most is the transition between coming in and out of cover. It always leaves you facing the wall.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 128
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 3/1/2012 10:40:35 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

I started this tonight, and I'm only about an hour in so far but I'm not too impressed to be honest. And the thing bugging me most is the transition between coming in and out of cover. It always leaves you facing the wall.

I started this over christmas, and I'm loving it.

I'm going for my Ghandi run through all stealth and no killing. Just got to my first boss, and boy you can tell its coded by different devs.

It feels totally different, and not in a good way.

However for the rest of it, I think its a great game and makes me even more excited about Hitman.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 3/1/2012 10:41:06 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 129
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 13/3/2012 8:52:02 AM   
borstal

I knew I was wise to wait Picked this up from the Game firesale and am absolutely loving it. Sneaking around everywhere and hiding (unconcious) bodies. Brilliant game so far.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 130
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 13/3/2012 10:45:21 AM   
borstal

Ive gone straight onto the hardest setting too. Deus Ex baby.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 131
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 13/3/2012 10:51:30 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Ive gone straight onto the hardest setting too. Deus Ex baby.

I wish I had. The difficulty doesn't really affect much I don't think if you're playing stealthily and not getting into fights. The boss fights will be tough though but they're poxy anyway.

For me, it was a great game for a while but I got a little bored towards the end.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 132
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 13/3/2012 1:27:44 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I've been borrowing this off thatlittlemonkey (cheers again dude!) but it's not really doing it for me. Will give it another crack soon, but if not, i'll be gratefully returning your copy dude! I'm not very good at stealth.... ever

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 133
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 16/3/2012 3:31:25 PM   
Peter Griffin

Playing this in 20 & 30 minute patches and am enjoying it but i think i'd enjoy it more if i had a few hours on it (Which isn't going to happen anytime soon). Just left for China and love the Bladerunner/Metal Gear Solid vibe.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 134
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 19/3/2012 12:35:54 PM   
Pratt82

So from reading a couple of posts above, I take it it's best to run through it on Hard first go round? Then run through on easy to mop up achievements?

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 19/3/2012 12:36:10 PM >

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 135
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 23/8/2012 9:12:02 PM   
the anomaly

- Worst prostitutes ever! "Ohh baby I don't think you can afford what I can do to you" & "Oooo you like tired honey come back when your ready for me" ... I'VE GOT A WAD LOAD OF CASH AND ENERGY ... DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE.

- Finally playing stealthy actually works. I've got three weapons to chose from plus the takedowns. Still think it's stupid that you can not counter/takedown without a full bar. There should be a slower take down that doesn't use power. E.g a strangle take down it would be longer and put you at more risk than a true takedown but it's an option. Or again some combat moves which could be countered etc if failed. Nothing is worse than just sitting there waiting for your batteries to charge.

- Pros: themes, settings and the flexibility with the missions.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 136
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 22/9/2012 9:40:20 PM   
the anomaly

What's the DLC like? #

Finished this the other day and enjoyed it much more than I initially was.

DLCs half price this week. Worth it?

Post #: 137
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 9/12/2012 5:55:36 PM   
HIM

Picked this up for a fiver brand new from Amazon. Currently in Shanghai doing the mission for the bartender and so far I'm really enjoying it. Reminds of Hitman, Metal Gear and Mass Effect.

Post #: 138
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 9/12/2012 6:08:24 PM   
directorscut

It reminded me of Deus Ex.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 139
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 10/12/2012 9:35:15 AM   
HIM

I've never played Deus Ex.

Post #: 140
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 21/1/2013 10:52:22 AM   
AxlReznor

I'm one of the heretics who has never played the original Deus Ex. Got this pre-owned from Game over the weekend, and so far I'm having a great time. Although for the first mission after my augmentations, I didn't realise that if I didn't go to do it straight away things would go badly. Oops.
Was just wondering... is the original game as much like Mass Effect as this one seems to be? Or rather is Mass Effect like the original game, I suppose. Not a criticism, but I couldn't help being reminded of it with the conversations system, etc.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 141
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deus Ex 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI