Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Deus Ex 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deus Ex 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 3/9/2011 12:14:24 PM   
Proudfoot

That first boss was a pain in the ass, the controls are unwieldly and the character animation wouldn't be out of place in Morrowind.

But I've still spent an inordinate amount of time with the game already. Just goofing around, hacking, reading mails, trying different approaches, what have you, so it must be doing something right.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 91
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 5/9/2011 11:11:13 AM   
jinks

DLC Announced

CLICKY

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 92
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 5/9/2011 7:37:01 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Completed this today. Cracking game.

Just started my Pacifist playthrough, hopefully I'll be able to get the Foxiest of Hounds achievement in the same playthrough. Not banking on it though, that one is going to be a proper bitch to get methinks. Not killing anyone is one thing, not setting off a single alarm is a total other ball game.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 93
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 6/9/2011 2:01:34 AM   
kata

Finished it tonight, loved it from start to finish.  I picked the "other" ending.  

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 94
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 6/9/2011 2:39:10 PM   
Scott_

FUCKING BOSS FIGHTS! I can tell I won't be completing the game on the hardest difficulty. Whose bright idea was it to put these fights in the game? "What could be fun?" "Handicapping the player, then giving this badass dude invisibility, grenade launchers and a machine gun?" "Yeah, that'll work!". Fuckers.

Great game though.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 95
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 6/9/2011 3:00:33 PM   
sroey

Finished this over the weekend. I was pretty sure I hadnt set any alarms off but the achievement didnt unlock.

I did manage to complete it without killing anyone I was so pleased then I read that the prologue counts!

I have started on Hard now but will try for the Pacifist and Foxiest cheevos on easy methnks.

The boss battles are a bit pants - the only one that gave me loads of trouble was the woman (typical). They are immersion killers though!

I did think the story lost its way towards the end - the first half was an excellent whodunnit type affair the latter stages really were a bit muddled and messy - especially the Panchea section. Endings could have been better

Still I loved stealthing around and hacking everything!

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 96
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 6/9/2011 3:57:18 PM   
thepluginbaby

I was convinced that the game was ending by the time I reached Detroit for the second time. How wrong I was... its the game that keeps on going! I fought the third boss (last?) and it was pretty much the easiest boss fight ever. Lasted a mere thirty seconds, he didn't even get the chance tom move away from his starting sport! Kept on firing the grenade launcher at him (the one that came with the explosive mission pack), I guess he may have been harder without it, but still... Are you having a laugh? Still a great game though... The boss fights were a noble idea,  a bit like MGS though done in a completely retarded fashion.  

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 97
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 6/9/2011 4:06:19 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

FUCKING BOSS FIGHTS! I can tell I won't be completing the game on the hardest difficulty. Whose bright idea was it to put these fights in the game? "What could be fun?" "Handicapping the player, then giving this badass dude invisibility, grenade launchers and a machine gun?" "Yeah, that'll work!". Fuckers.

Great game though.

Stun gun>frag>stun gun>frag>stun gun>frag>dead, is how I did that, after much dying. He never got a chance to do anything, have to back off when you throw a frag obviously...

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 98
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 6/9/2011 5:14:03 PM   
Scott_

I managed to do it, took me bloody ages. The only weapon I carry is a pistol because after I typhooned the invisible woman straight to hell I figured any other bosses would get the same treatment. In the end I just ran corner to corner getting 2-3 shots on him everytime he appeared.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 99
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 7/9/2011 10:56:47 PM   
...marcus...

Silly beginners question coming up...Does the decision to go Non-lethal, up close that you are given on the free-the-hostages mission at the start decide your playing style, or is that down to the augments you choose later in the game. I've chosen to go that route now, but I'm pretty sure I'll want to change fairly soon. I appreciate that I'm right at the bloody start of the game, but don't want to be forced down one route when I'm only just starting out. Ta muchly.

Like my loafers?
Former gophers.
It was that or skin my chauffeurs.

Won't someone please
remove these
cutleries
from ma knees

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 100
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 8/9/2011 1:54:01 AM   
Proudfoot

You can change your playing style all you want. I've augmented all kinds of stuff. I've shifted between complete stealth sneaky tranq stuff ghost missions, noisy killing everything in sight guy, being non-lethal take down dude, hacking and all about the vents time, what have you...

It's very open.

For instance I decided to spend points on the relatively pointless expand your inventory... Pointless if your going for any particular style that is, because then you don't need to carry around all kinds of different weapons. I'm going for whatever I feel like all the time, which isn't really any style, so me for it's not pointless at all.

I'm not even finished yet and at this point the upgrades are a luxury.

Might be different on Hard though.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to ...marcus...)
Post #: 101
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 8/9/2011 12:00:02 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: ...marcus...

Silly beginners question coming up...Does the decision to go Non-lethal, up close that you are given on the free-the-hostages mission at the start decide your playing style, or is that down to the augments you choose later in the game. I've chosen to go that route now, but I'm pretty sure I'll want to change fairly soon. I appreciate that I'm right at the bloody start of the game, but don't want to be forced down one route when I'm only just starting out. Ta muchly.

Choosing lethal or non-lethal just determines what weapon you start with. It helps you get going on your preferred style of play.

****SPOILERS****

Anyway, I completed it yesterday and loved every second. Is it just me or was the last boss really easy? Especially compared to that other fella I had trouble with. I chose to send Sarifs message in the end, I was tempted to blow everything up but Sarif is a cool dude.

I've started a second playthrough going for the Pacifist, Foxiest of the Hounds and complete Deus Ex on the hardest difficulty achievements all in the same play through. Sneaking by everyone is much easier than I thought. I pretty much ran through the warehouse and managed to save the hostages on the way, same goes for the FEMA camp. Barrett went down quickly too. Stun gun>Typhoon>Run then rinse and repeat, went down in 3 shots. Love it.

(in reply to ...marcus...)
Post #: 102
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 8/9/2011 4:30:14 PM   
TrendMeUp

How have you lot completed it already? Isn't it about a 30-40 hour job?

I'm loving it. I'm currently in Shanghai making my way through the side quests. I'm having enormous fun sneaking around with my pimped out pistol and head-shotting folk before they even know I'm there. Even though it has flaws, it's just so addictive and absorbing. Pleasantly surprised by this.

http://thatgumyoulikeblog.wordpress.com - a film blog

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 103
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 10/9/2011 11:05:36 PM   
Mute

Picked the Limited Edition up today for 27.99 in Gamestation. Never opened but technically pre-owned so I got 12 off the price on the sticker. Result.

I'm only partway through the warehouse mission now, but I'm already enjoying it. I'm taking the stealthy route, which is much easier than I thought it would be, even if I have made several stupid mistakes that have forced me to reload already. This should be good.

PSN: blackout505

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 104
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 11/9/2011 10:57:21 AM   
Proudfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: TrendMeUp

I only just finished it last night.

Definitely took me more than 30 hours,but I'm not sure exactly how long it is. As far as I can see, there's no way to tell how long it takes, unless you time it yourself.

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 105
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 11/9/2011 4:01:22 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Proudfoot

quote:

Definitely took me more than 30 hours,but I'm not sure exactly how long it is. As far as I can see, there's no way to tell how long it takes, unless you time it yourself.

The lack of any stat tracking is a massive oversight by the developers IMO.

Anyone else encountered any glitches with enemies dying despite a non lethal takedown? I've had to reload a few times because of enemies who I tranquilised from a distance actually dying instead of going to sleep. I've just realised that one downed enemy's status has changed from being asleep to being dead (and he was definitely asleep originally, he was one of the ones that always died if taken out from afar. I had to get up close and take him down).

If I still want to go for the Pacifist achievement then I have to revert to a save that's at least 2 hours worth of (very tricky) gameplay old. I dunno if there's any point though, for all I know a couple of other enemies may have suffered the same fate earlier on in the game (this is where stat tracking would come in handy). It's a completely unforgivable glitch IMO. What the fuck is the point of having an achievement like the Pacifist if you can't trust the game to do right by you?

Thankfully I've still got the Foxiest of Hounds achievement on the go so this playthrough won't be a total waste of time. I had hoped to get the Pacifist achievement this time round as well though, I don't think I can be arsed staring another stealthy playthrough after this one. My last playthrough was also a stealthy one for a large section of the game before I found out that the Prologue counted towards Pacifist achievement.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 106
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 11/9/2011 4:18:44 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

Anyone else encountered any glitches with enemies dying despite a non lethal takedown? I've had to reload a few times because of enemies who I tranquilised from a distance actually dying instead of going to sleep. I've just realised that one downed enemy's status has changed from being asleep to being dead (and he was definitely asleep originally, he was one of the ones that always died if taken out from afar. I had to get up close and take him down).

If I still want to go for the Pacifist achievement then I have to revert to a save that's at least 2 hours worth of (very tricky) gameplay old. I dunno if there's any point though, for all I know a couple of other enemies may have suffered the same fate earlier on in the game (this is where stat tracking would come in handy). It's a completely unforgivable glitch IMO. What the fuck is the point of having an achievement like the Pacifist if you can't trust the game to do right by you?

Thankfully I've still got the Foxiest of Hounds achievement on the go so this playthrough won't be a total waste of time. I had hoped to get the Pacifist achievement this time round as well though, I don't think I can be arsed staring another stealthy playthrough after this one. My last playthrough was also a stealthy one for a large section of the game before I found out that the Prologue counted towards Pacifist achievement.

Where does it show the enemy's status?

< Message edited by From_Hell -- 11/9/2011 4:19:09 PM >

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

Post #: 107
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 11/9/2011 4:40:44 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

quote:

quote:

quote:

When you hover your cursor over them a little box comes up so that you can search or move them. In the top right hand corner of the box it'll show 3 Z's for a sleeping enemy or a skull for a dead one.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 108
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 11/9/2011 4:48:05 PM   
Scott_

I've had the Zzz changing to a skull too but I can never be arsed reloading, I just trust the game registers the initial knockout rather than the death a few minutes later. I'll be mighty annoyed if it screws my achievement though.

Post #: 109
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 11/9/2011 8:11:41 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

quote:

quote:

quote:

When you hover your cursor over them a little box comes up so that you can search or move them. In the top right hand corner of the box it'll show 3 Z's for a sleeping enemy or a skull for a dead one.

Aha! Thanks very much!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

Post #: 110
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 12/9/2011 3:17:46 PM   
talpacino

I'm still taking my time with this. I'm only in Hengsha at the moment but I was away for a week. I'm still loving it but I'm not sure there's a second playthrough in it for me. I want to play through on hard and pick up the tougher achievements but I'm not sure I can be arsed searching around everywhere again and hacking absolutely everything again. Has anyone played through on hard second time around? Is it easy enough to fly through it without searching everywhere for praxis kits and updating everything?

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 111
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 12/9/2011 3:27:03 PM   
Scott_

I'm finding it easier, it helps when you've taken your time through your first playthrough so you know what all your options are. Theres only been 2-3 points where I've been forced into combat besides the boss fights, everything else I've ran through really. Hacking is a pain but if your going for achievements you'll save loads of time not hacking every computer, shortcuts through levels will need hacking but you can get a list of all the codes from the Deus Ex wiki page if your into that sort of thing.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 112
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 12/9/2011 3:32:44 PM   
Drew_231

Currently on my first playthrough and went with the hard difficulty

No chance in all out firefights, but i prefer that, forces me to be more careful and sneaky.

Just finished the first boss fight (cant remember his name, keep wanting to say Gunther). I got taken out quite easily the first few times, then lobbed a concusion grenade at the start, targeted the explosive barrely behind him, then circled around him continuously, hitting him with the sniper rifle every time the gun overheated.
He went down pretty eaily with that

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 113
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 12/9/2011 3:37:53 PM   
talpacino

Yeah I'll probably just use that guide for the codes, don't care about cheating on second playthrough as it's just for cheevs.

After hearing about the don't kill anyone achievement and how I've missed it because of the prologue I've started to get less sneaky and more shooty. A few poor Asian guys got shot in the face last night for kidnapping that poor innocent prostitute. It felt good letting loose at last.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 114
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 12/9/2011 7:08:57 PM   
Proudfoot

quote:

I agree 280%.

Not sure why they decided not to have any stat tracking, but I presume it had to do with time/money. The usual...

Post #: 115
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 25/9/2011 2:43:30 AM   
Rgirvan44

Ok - the third boss battle is just bleugh. The other two I managed to get with trial and error. But this one

I brought the sentry gun down, but I barely have time to think. And the guy just lobs grenades - as I understand it, on the PC version he also fires guns.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 116
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 25/9/2011 2:37:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

Finally killed him.

And it was easy this time!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 117
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 25/9/2011 4:28:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

Finished it - really great game. The years best so far I would say. 

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 118
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/11/2011 9:28:44 PM   
the anomaly

Started and not really enjoying it so far.

- Can you really not melee anyone until you've charged back up? It just feels stupid. So often I'm out of ammo and not charged so I just die (Trying not to kill).
- Again stealth seems unforgiving at times.
- The takedowns are scripted and it takes me out of the experience. Two people right next to each other you takedown one, the game cuts away and plays some over long sequence just for a take down. Note some of them appear to be the loudest takedowns ever even though they are meant to be silent.
- Animations whilst talking appear limited and the characters don't look great.
- Voice acting is varied sometimes it's ok ... and others it's terrible.

+ Story is interesting.
+ The choices appear quite fluid in the game.

On another note ... the game has more black people in it than any other game I've ever played! A random observation but I couldn't help but notice.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 119
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/11/2011 10:05:02 PM   
directorscut

Well it is an RPG (well an action-rpg) so of course your character is a bit crap at the beginning.

If you plan on using melee a lot dump your skill points into the energy converter thingy.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deus Ex 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI