Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Deus Ex 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deus Ex 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 3:32:37 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

quote:

So, who else spent ages playing basketball down the side alley? Just me then. I actually don't think it's possible to get it in.

I'll probably play through again with achievements in mind but for the moment I just want to enjoy the experience.

Is there an achievement for scoring?

Edit: Ok, there is. I swear to god I didn't know.

Best way to get it is to rearrange the barrels near the basket into some stairs,  climb up them with the ball in hand and just drop it into the basket. I knew about the achievement so spent freakin' ages trying to throw the ball in before I realised I'd be there all day trying to do it legit.

Cheater! I'm doing it legit, even if it takes me all night.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 61
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 5:34:21 PM   
kata

I did it legit, took about 10 mins,  picking the ball back up as quick as possible was the annoying part... Also finding it again, first time I was there i took the ball all over Detroit throwing it at people.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 62
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 31/8/2011 12:29:44 AM   
jermreen

quote:

I did it legit, took about 10 mins,  picking the ball back up as quick as possible was the annoying part... Also finding it again, first time I was there i took the ball all over Detroit throwing it at people.

LOOOOL. i have to try that next time. Anyone fight the second boss yet? Fucking hell, that was tough.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 63
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 31/8/2011 4:03:19 AM   
thepluginbaby

I managed to beat the second boss today. She can by quite difficult. In the end I laid frag mines, around the place. When she set them off she's knocked out a little bit. Then I just opened fire on her with the heavy machine gun. Didn't take much to end her in the end. Got to be careful of the four generators around the place. If you're lucky you can lure her into them, and she'll get electrocuted for a wee bit, allowing you to unload bullets on her. Of course you can also get electrocuted through this way, which is pretty much instant death.

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 64
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 31/8/2011 8:29:22 AM   
talpacino

quote:

I also did it legit last night. I just stood barely in front of the ring and angled slightly forwards and in it went. Simples. No more achievement hunting from now on I swear.

Currahee!

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 65
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 10:19:49 AM   
talpacino

Potential spoilers

I got to the first boss fight last night, yes I'm taking it very slow. I'm playing on normal and I actually found it piss easy. I died first time as I wasn't sure what was going on but it only took me about a minute the second time. 2 Rockets, a few shotgun blasts and 3 frags and he was done. I was a bit disappointed, really wish I had played through on hard.

Currahee!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 66
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 10:57:07 AM   
JIm R

Going through first mission following the prelim intro to it all. Just cracked the hacked door and into a control room, finding it okay, as always I'm crap at games, regardless of what it is and so all this 'aloof, stealth' option is going beyond me and all the 'options' of tunnels and ducts are being left aside for 'shoot my way in'.

Enjoying it, strong graphics and the music is awesome.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 67
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 1:49:49 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Going through first mission following the prelim intro to it all. Just cracked the hacked door and into a control room, finding it okay, as always I'm crap at games, regardless of what it is and so all this 'aloof, stealth' option is going beyond me and all the 'options' of tunnels and ducts are being left aside for 'shoot my way in'.

Obviously, play it whatever way you like Jim but I think you're missing a great aspect of the game if you don't try and be at least a little stealthy. At least try for a bit until you get spotted, then blast your way in.

Also yes, the music is awesome.

Currahee!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 68
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 1:57:08 PM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

Obviously, play it whatever way you like Jim but I think you're missing a great aspect of the game if you don't try and be at least a little stealthy. At least try for a bit until you get spotted, then blast your way in.

As I say, I'm utterly crap at games and I would be stealthy if I knew how too. The 'in game guide' says move boxes etc. oand sneak using cover, yeah right... the enemy have eyes in the back of their head !

If I could find vent openings I would be, ironically I'm shit hot at Hitman games.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 69
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 2:24:32 PM   
kata

quote:

quote:

quote:

As I say, I'm utterly crap at games and I would be stealthy if I knew how too. The 'in game guide' says move boxes etc. oand sneak using cover, yeah right... the enemy have eyes in the back of their head !

If I could find vent openings I would be, ironically I'm shit hot at Hitman games.

The aug for seeing the enemy cone of vision is really handy for sneaking.

Speaking of music, my favourite piece so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJg0K-Jo-wM

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 70
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 2:44:21 PM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The aug for seeing the enemy cone of vision is really handy for sneaking.

Speaking of music, my favourite piece so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJg0K-Jo-wM

After the intro and from the first mision onwards do you have the use of augs using the directional arrows from the start or do you build them up ?

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 71
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 2:52:55 PM   
kata

You have to pretty much build everything up yourself.  For the guns blazing approach you can take stuff like body armour and smash through walls.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 72
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 2:58:23 PM   
JIm R

Cool, thanks

I only started playing last night so haven't properly engaged with it as yet.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 73
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 4:23:21 PM   
kata

That Typhoon weapon system might be worth having a look at also, it's some sort of area of effect blast.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 74
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 9:00:19 PM   
Scott_

Finally got my hands on it! Well worth the wait cos its been brilliant so far, I've gone against my usual "KILL EVERYTHING!!!" approach so far and I'm enjoying trying to take every single enemy out hand to hand but I took the tranq gun at the start of the first proper mission not counting on it been bloody useless!

Quick question too...In the Sarif HQ (where you get your vision sorted) is there a way to get the passwords to all those rooms? Is there anything useful I missed in them?

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 75
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 1/9/2011 9:56:07 PM   
JIm R

As per usual, I'm frickkin useless, found hostages all gassed and trying to eliminate all bad guys from walkway above them and getting wasted every time with only 8 shots of ammo in the barrel.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 76
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 8:15:03 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Finally got my hands on it! Well worth the wait cos its been brilliant so far, I've gone against my usual "KILL EVERYTHING!!!" approach so far and I'm enjoying trying to take every single enemy out hand to hand but I took the tranq gun at the start of the first proper mission not counting on it been bloody useless!

Quick question too...In the Sarif HQ (where you get your vision sorted) is there a way to get the passwords to all those rooms? Is there anything useful I missed in them?

You won't get all the passwords for all the rooms, but after the first hostage mission you'll have the ability to hack doors... In fact, even if you've got the password, it's quite often better to hack the door because you'll gain a little EXP with each successful hack.

< Message edited by From_Hell -- 2/9/2011 8:17:14 AM >

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 77
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 9:50:17 AM   
JIm R

quote:

As per usual, I'm frickkin useless, found hostages all gassed and trying to eliminate all bad guys from walkway above them and getting wasted every time with only 8 shots of ammo in the barrel.

Made it through, onwards and upwards....

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 78
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 3:45:05 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

You won't get all the passwords for all the rooms, but after the first hostage mission you'll have the ability to hack doors... In fact, even if you've got the password, it's quite often better to hack the door because you'll gain a little EXP with each successful hack.

Aye, I found the passwords to a few after I got back from the warehouse (where due to me not listening I let the hostages die, and the fella escape...I got confused.). Do you not raise alarms when you hack the doors without codes? Or is it OK because you work there?

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 79
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 3:53:16 PM   
JIm R

I found this, I entered the room where the hostages were all gathered alive and couldn't work out how to free them then subsequently died myself and when I went back they were all dead.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 80
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 4:17:15 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Man, the bosses in this game are tough. I came extremely close to knocking down the difficulty against the 2nd boss but I managed it on what would have been my final go on normal difficulty. You get punished against the bosses if you've concentrated on boosting your stealth augs it seems.

Not to worry though, at this rate I reckon I will have fully upgraded most of the augs available. If you're anal when it comes to searching for stuff there are quite a few Praxis kits to be found.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 81
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 4:30:37 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Man, the bosses in this game are tough. I came extremely close to knocking down the difficulty against the 2nd boss but I managed it on what would have been my final go on normal difficulty. You get punished against the bosses if you've concentrated on boosting your stealth augs it seems.

Not to worry though, at this rate I reckon I will have fully upgraded most of the augs available. If you're anal when it comes to searching for stuff there are quite a few Praxis kits to be found.

Cock. I guess it's a good job I found a rocket launcher then.

Post #: 82
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 4:38:27 PM   
kata

Only killed the first boss so far but i just stun gunned him then shotgunned his face in, took about a few mins.  I'm stealth built and on hard.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 83
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 5:39:00 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Only killed the first boss so far but i just stun gunned him then shotgunned his face in, took about a few mins.  I'm stealth built and on hard.

On normal all it took was a couple of hits off his heavy rifle and I was toast. I managed to get him done in the end by stunning him and lobbing explosive barrels at him. I only had a tranq rifle and a silenced 10mm pistol on me in the way of weaponry which is why I reckon I struggled so much. The 2nd boss is just arse though but luckily I had a heavy rifle and a shit load of ammo by the time I got to it which at least enabled me to be on the front foot rather than scrambling for cover and taking pot shots when I could.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 84
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 8:14:00 PM   
Scott_

First boss done and I steamrollered him...2 rockets, an EMP grenade, some bullets to the face and he was done in about a minute.

Post #: 85
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 10:03:36 PM   
jermreen

Just finished it today, gotta say masterpiece of a game but the sequel is better.Roll on Dead Island next week.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 86
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 10:44:29 PM   
JIm R

I'm not liking it at all, maybe just not my thing don't know, but the presentation and information lay out is appalling, I think it must be me. Only on mission 2 plus off shoot tasks and thinking trade in.

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 87
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 11:22:27 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

I'm not liking it at all, maybe just not my thing don't know, but the presentation and information lay out is appalling, I think it must be me. Only on mission 2 plus off shoot tasks and thinking trade in.

It's an RPG at heart right?

Are you saying it's bad for an RPG?

Or do you not play many RPGs and are therefore not used to loads of menus etc?

I've said RPG alot ... not trying to be condescending there either!

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 2/9/2011 11:23:20 PM >

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 88
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 11:25:37 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Don't take it as such mate, I think you are right, my RPG PS3 history amounts to very little and maybe I needed a bit more research on it before I stepped up to the counter and purchased.

Not saying it's bad for an RPG, it seems to be a very good game but just not for me.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 89
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 2/9/2011 11:48:44 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Don't take it as such mate, I think you are right, my RPG PS3 history amounts to very little and maybe I needed a bit more research on it before I stepped up to the counter and purchased.

Not saying it's bad for an RPG, it seems to be a very good game but just not for me.

Fair enough! I'd agree it's not your typical RPG. Looks more like a Metal Gear Solid game watching the videos. But yeah it's meant to be RPG/Action or whatever.

I've not played it mind, was just interested in your comment. Yeah I picked up the first one in a bargain bin for the PC a few years back and never got into it. This looks more accessible not to mention all bang up to current gen etc.

Yet I think I'll be waiting now. The hypo meter has reached it's peak but is now going down .. I can wait.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deus Ex 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI