Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Deus Ex 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deus Ex 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 22/8/2011 8:26:02 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Edge: 9
http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/deus-ex-human-revolution-review

Eurogamer: 9
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-22-deus-ex-human-revolution-review

IGN: 9
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1189591p1.html

Sounds like a classic from those reviews, can't wait now... Few more days!

Here's another:

OXM: 10
http://www.oxm.co.uk/32639/deus-ex-human-revolution-review-xbox-360/

Looking forward to getting this at the end of the week!

< Message edited by From_Hell -- 22/8/2011 8:28:55 PM >

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 31
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 23/8/2011 10:59:31 AM   
From_Hell

Shop To have dispatched my copy already. If I'm lucky, I might receive it tomorrow....

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 32
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 24/8/2011 5:54:36 PM   
sroey

Well my copy was sat in my mail box when I got home!

Shopto are fecking ace! Although I never received an email saying it had been dispatched

Just installing to the HDD now.

PS. its the Augmented edition for the Xbox!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 33
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 25/8/2011 7:48:48 AM   
sroey

Spent a good hour with the game last night but most of that was exploring the environments and reading emails, ebooks etc. It is very immersive and I have started the first mission (stealthy).

As soon as I saw the Augmentation tree I was officially very impressed. Cannot wait to get stuck into this. Plus the 1st to 3rd person cover system is great - very reminiscent of Rainbow Six Vegas (which was equally great).

Character models are a mixed bag but the overall art direction is stunning.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 34
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 25/8/2011 10:53:23 AM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey
As soon as I saw the Augmentation tree I was officially very impressed. Cannot wait to get stuck into this. Plus the 1st to 3rd person cover system is great - very reminiscent of Rainbow Six Vegas (which was equally great).

Character models are a mixed bag but the overall art direction is stunning.

Good news, since the cover feature was one of the most contensious issues when first announced
Hopefully going to be getting this next week (have to wait for payday), but really looking forward to it now

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 35
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 25/8/2011 11:42:32 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Result. Lovefilm are sending me this today, should have it by tomorrow. Can't wait, had my eye on this for a while.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 36
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 25/8/2011 3:03:36 PM   
sroey

Thought that I would add - it reminds me of Mass Effect quite a bit...maybe its the score...

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 37
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 26/8/2011 3:04:23 AM   
thepluginbaby

After seeing the ratings I caved in and purchased this as well, got it through the post yesterday, Shop 2 FTW! Last night I spent at least four hours on it before even setting foot in the Detroit hub world. Today I set about doing a couple of side missions as well as a bit of exploration. So far I love it, it's got a great aesthetic and the world, story and subtext is a cut above most other games. Still feels like a Deus Ex game, the original was one of my all time faves, though there is an added MGS/Splinter Cell element going on, which suits the stealth gameplay nicely - if you decide to play it like that of course. 

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 38
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 26/8/2011 4:42:56 PM   
jinks

Got the Ps3 Augmented Edition this morning, anyone else picked up this version yet? Does the in game extra stuff make any difference?

I have to say the box does look nice and the art book is pretty cool too, looking forward to playing this tonight when my son and heir goes to bed.

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 39
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 27/8/2011 2:02:51 AM   
kata

Just finished the first mission in the factory.... Wow.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 40
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 27/8/2011 2:49:17 AM   
jermreen

For those of you who are well and truly into the game now. Stealth or guns blazing? How are you playing the game? Personally I see more reward in using stealth and ammo seems to be scarce for me for some reason.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 41
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 27/8/2011 10:53:27 AM   
the anomaly

I WANT ... but probably won't play till next year or something.

Never played the other games. Well I picked the first one up on the PC for about £4 a few years ago ... but never got round to it.

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 42
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 27/8/2011 1:25:13 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: jermreen

For those of you who are well and truly into the game now. Stealth or guns blazing? How are you playing the game? Personally I see more reward in using stealth and ammo seems to be scarce for me for some reason.

I'm trying to play stealthy with no kills. Although you can go in guns blazing and butcher everyone, the game does seem to lean more towards stealth, and there are bonuses for getting through missions without getting spotted...

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 43
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 28/8/2011 6:29:09 PM   
Scott_

So its good then?

I was supposed to be picking up my copy tody but of course play.com are complete arses so I'll have to wait till Tuesday.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 44
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 28/8/2011 10:04:11 PM   
dark crystal

JINKS ON DARK CRYSTAL'S PROFILE:

Well i hated it at first, crap shooting crap stealth; but getting past the first mission the game really got a lot better. Seriously enjoying it at the moment although not quite getting the hang of the hacking at all.

"You're not too smart, are you? I like that in a man"

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 45
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 28/8/2011 11:53:22 PM   
indysgill

I got pissed off with the warehouse mission, kept getting caught while trying to stealth and getting shot by guards with superhuman reactions and accuracy.

Worst of all I cleared out a room, after many tried,  then decided to check the 2nd floor via a ladder on my way back I thought I would jump down rather than use the ladder, didn't work out so well for Old Jensen. His bony human legs must not have been able to cope with all that metal above the waist!

Still bloody enjoying it!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to dark crystal)
Post #: 46
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 29/8/2011 1:30:35 AM   
kata

It's been amazing so far,  one of the games of this gen if it keep up this quality.

quote:

I'm building myself as a hacker/stealther... Already level 5 hacking, just building up energy cells atm then I'm taking cloak and the stealth skills.

< Message edited by kata -- 29/8/2011 11:27:44 AM >

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 47
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 29/8/2011 3:25:03 AM   
thepluginbaby

quote:

I find myself opting for stealth, picking them off one by one. I have begun to stockpile a lot of weapons such as the heavy machine gun but it does feel to cumbersome for my style of play and hogs inventory space, seeing as silenced pistol and tranq rifle are the way to go. I have found that if I do make mistakes I will just revert to all guns blazing rather than reloading the last checkpoint. Loading screens are a bitch.

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 48
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 29/8/2011 5:03:47 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I've been playing stealthily but as a result I had a really hard time surviving the first boss encounter. I've been piling my points into hacking and stealth so I don't have any armour (no need in a stealthy playthrough right, because if I don't get seen I won't get shot). Took me about 8 or 9 attempts, and when I did manage to do it I did it completely unscathed. Sod's law eh.

I was aiming for the Pacifist achievement on this playthrough but I hadn't realised that I had to refrain from killing anyone for the whole game. I thought it meant the game proper, as in when you've been augmented. That start section is going to be a bitch without killing anyone methinks.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 49
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 29/8/2011 6:53:29 PM   
jermreen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I've been playing stealthily but as a result I had a really hard time surviving the first boss encounter. I've been piling my points into hacking and stealth so I don't have any armour (no need in a stealthy playthrough right, because if I don't get seen I won't get shot). Took me about 8 or 9 attempts, and when I did manage to do it I did it completely unscathed. Sod's law eh.

I was aiming for the Pacifist achievement on this playthrough but I hadn't realised that I had to refrain from killing anyone for the whole game. I thought it meant the game proper, as in when you've been augmented. That start section is going to be a bitch without killing anyone methinks.

I have been playing the same way like that also but the boss fight wasnt that hard for me really. Just use frag grenades and pick him off from a distance with the pistol. Simple.

Post #: 50
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 29/8/2011 6:58:43 PM   
JIm R

Just purchased and going to give it a go tonight.

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 51
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 29/8/2011 7:22:18 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

I have been playing the same way like that also but the boss fight wasnt that hard for me really. Just use frag grenades and pick him off from a distance with the pistol. Simple.

In the end I just kept stunning him and lobbing the explosive red barrels at him. Worked a treat. Prior to that he kept managing to corner me and fuck me up when I got close enough to melee (his melee attack is ridiculous) or he kept getting a lucky bounce with his frag grenades which killed me outright. T'was very frustrating to begin with.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 52
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 29/8/2011 9:09:09 PM   
DJ Satan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU

< Message edited by DJ Satan -- 29/8/2011 9:10:46 PM >

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

Post #: 53
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 10:10:29 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU

So, who else spent ages playing basketball down the side alley? Just me then. I actually don't think it's possible to get it in.

Absolutely loving this so far. I'm really taking my time with it and trying to find everything and soak it all in. Apart from the bit before the credits I've been playing it stealthily. I haven't been spotted in a mission yet and I've only knocked out about 5 people.

I love that there's different ways of getting missions done. Almost has a Hitman feel to it. I spent about 2 hours creeping and crawling through sewers and vents to get everything done in the police station without getting spotted once, was a great feeling. I was talking to my mate a little after and he tells me you can just persuade the man at front desk to let you in and you can wander around freely inside and get it done easily in half an hour.

I haven't looked at achievements yet. I'm just going to play through once as best I can and accept the consequences of my actions and carry on. I'll probably play through again with achievements in mind but for the moment I just want to enjoy the experience.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 54
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 12:04:44 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino
So, who else spent ages playing basketball down the side alley? Just me then. I actually don't think it's possible to get it in.

I'll probably play through again with achievements in mind but for the moment I just want to enjoy the experience.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 55
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 12:11:59 PM   
talpacino

quote:

quote:

I'll probably play through again with achievements in mind but for the moment I just want to enjoy the experience.

Is there an achievement for scoring?

Edit: Ok, there is. I swear to god I didn't know.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 30/8/2011 12:15:16 PM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 56
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 1:46:52 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is there an achievement for scoring?

Edit: Ok, there is. I swear to god I didn't know.

Best way to get it is to rearrange the barrels near the basket into some stairs,  climb up them with the ball in hand and just drop it into the basket. I knew about the achievement so spent freakin' ages trying to throw the ball in before I realised I'd be there all day trying to do it legit.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 57
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 2:53:23 PM   
MBeard

May have been asked already so if it has, sorry!

Do I need to have played the first few Deus Ex to know what is going on?

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

Post #: 58
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 3:16:15 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

Nope, it's a prequel so no previous knowledge required.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 59
RE: Deus Ex 3 - 30/8/2011 3:31:13 PM   
MBeard

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

Nope, it's a prequel so no previous knowledge required.

Awesome. You may have just sold the game to me!

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deus Ex 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI