Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A First Look At Captain America

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> A First Look At Captain America Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A First Look At Captain America - 3/6/2010 2:43:16 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
i like it just hope a real screen test will come soon - 3/6/2010 2:43:16 AM   
troyston11

looks good but i want to see it in action with real actors and real surrounding to see if it works on screen

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
chris evans as captain america - 3/6/2010 5:46:58 AM   
michaelblade

i don't think they chose the right actor and the suit doesn't look that great.

Post #: 3
That looks great! - 3/6/2010 8:00:23 AM   
The_Hat

Very impressed. Nice WWII touches to the costume. In fact, it looks a bit too modern. And for the people moaning about Chris Evans, remember this: Captain America in the comics is the most boring individual to ever walk the Earth. He's personality-free. Evans is a good choice, and a good actor if you let him. He'll bring something to the role.

Post #: 4
Like it - 3/6/2010 8:20:59 AM   
waltham1979

Quite like it, I was as concerned about this costume as I was Thors to be honest but I am impressed. Also to put my two pennies in terms of Chris Evans playing Capy, I think he is a great choice. He certainly has the look and he actually is a bloody good actor (assuming you look beyond the fantastic four films). He completely stole Sunshine and Push showed that he is got the action chops for the role.

On anothr note though, is the entire film going to be based during the World War? Are they going to have him in modern day at all or is that going to be saved for the Avengers film?

Post #: 5
Looks great but am hoping it will be more muted on screen - 3/6/2010 8:47:30 AM   
Marwood

It looks very comic booky here and considering it's supposed to have been put together in the 40s I think it should look less...futuristic. I imagine there have been some changes since Evans has been cast and on screen the fabric will hopefully be something more period. All said though I think that's a great compromise between the classic design and something more practical for the screen.

And stop hating on Evans, he's a hell of a lot better than most actors on that shortlist a few months ago. It's getting very wearing with the constant "Jon Hamm/Aaron Eckhart/Matt Damon ARE Cap!" comments. Yes they're very good actors and would be great but the fact is they're all TOO OLD to play him - WWII: Steve Rogers is a man in his early 20s...you need an actor who looks that age range, just let it go now and wait for the friggin film to be released - then start trashing Evans if he does a bad job.

Post #: 6
This is perfect - 3/6/2010 8:58:44 AM   
mighty mick

It is faithful to the original design whilst also being bold enough to reinterpret some of the more flawed aspects of the traditional costume (goodbye wingtips, thang god!). Having said that, I will be looking forward to seeing the USO version as well! And I believe Chris Evans will do a good job.

Post #: 7
Pretty decent - 3/6/2010 9:09:34 AM   
Benson The Grouch

I like how the costume looks like it could actually be made in real life and how he has a proper Army style helmet.

Also, very cool how the red stripes on his midriff are now straps. Clever.

Post #: 8
oh dear - 3/6/2010 9:11:28 AM   
goldburg

this looks dump! i love superhero films when they are done right...i prey they design this suit a little more gritty than seen here. I'm sure Evans can pull it off - have you not seen sunshine!?

Post #: 9
I like it - 3/6/2010 9:14:12 AM   
efc91

It looks a lot like the original suit from the comics and when we see the real suit it will look better.

Post #: 10
Hahahahahaha - 3/6/2010 9:21:26 AM   
chris wootton

It looks terrible. From the side view the shape of the helmet is quite similar to a nazi helmet

Post #: 11
RE: Hahahahahaha - 3/6/2010 9:22:45 AM   
CORLEONE

Some tit did that on his laptop.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 12
- 3/6/2010 9:47:13 AM   
cleanbreak films

Looks a bit sterile here, but that's only because it's a shiny computer render. I'm sure that in the film, good lighting will make it look more acceptable and it'll be eventually dirtied up, torn and bloodied, so yeah, looks good.

Post #: 13
Whats with the hate - 3/6/2010 9:47:15 AM   
mhare

dont know whats with the negative comments, this looks a lot better than we may have expected. Looks pretty spot on to me.

Still not sold on evans as the right actor for the role though

Post #: 14
RE: A First Look At Captain America - 3/6/2010 9:51:06 AM   
lukeyboy

No surprises here - but i quite like it. I think it could probably do with being toned down a bit and the colouring being a bit more muted but other than that it's good. I'm unsure of the helmet though, i think it needs to look closer to that of an actual helmet worn by American troops during WW2 rather than those worn by the Nazi's!

Let's just remember two things: A: This is only a test rendering and B: It is a comic book movie and is not supposed to be taken that seriously!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

Post #: 15
WIngs - 3/6/2010 10:03:49 AM   
batfunk

According to one of the posters on AintItCool, the wings on the mask will be added digitally.

Post #: 16
Not bad at all... - 3/6/2010 10:48:03 AM   
Lemure

They got rid of the silly red boots and the silly helmet wings. Considering how important the Cap is to Marvel, they can't afford to screw this up.

Post #: 17
Cap - 3/6/2010 10:51:48 AM   
jimoakley666

I like it. But I do think this will be his 2011 /12 Stark designed Avengers uniform and not something we'll see him in for the majority of the film. I'd imagine we'll see three suits in the movie; the USO one, a more traditional WW2 standard army uniform and then this when S.H.I.E.L.D. get their hands on him in the present day.

Post #: 18
erm... - 3/6/2010 11:01:32 AM   
7eke

i cannot imagine how they are going to put this onscreen without it looking ridiculous

Post #: 19
Bodes well - 3/6/2010 12:02:55 PM   
WesB

@Corleone: yes, that being how graphic designers tend to work..

It's really good, very Ultimates which is a great start. Obviously the WW2 suit (when most of the film is set!), can't wait to see the modern one if it features in this movie.

Post #: 20
Not a fan of cap but… - 3/6/2010 12:04:46 PM   
pete_traynor

This looks great! As a conceptual route anyway. But doesn’t he fight in the Normandy invasion? As cool as he looks he’ll stick out like a sore thumb in those fatigues. He’ll be like six foot target practice! Still, I imagine that’s where the shield will come in handy. But all in all I love this design, really love it!

Post #: 21
Looksgreat, the right way to go - 3/6/2010 12:22:49 PM   
spideed2

The Ultimates outfit, much like this is based on combat gear.

This is the best way to go. If you think this wont work, you wont like Cap at all basically, its much less goofy than the wing headed and outside pants outfit.

Post #: 22
- 3/6/2010 2:10:11 PM   
62Parker

i really think this film will tank, like Johnston's own Rocketeer, which is a shame because that film is criminally underrated. good idea getting rid of the wings mind!

Post #: 23
- 3/6/2010 2:39:20 PM   
hellboy22

I'm pleasantly surprised, its weird that I was saying to my friend today that I have high hopes for the films, as I am a BIG Cap fan but couldn't see how the costume would translate onto screen without everyone pissing on it. I think they're on the right track :o)

Post #: 24
Meh! - 3/6/2010 3:04:54 PM   
nybras

I'll pass on this, he wasn't much in the comic format and sure as hell ain't falling for this muck. Thats two bad comic book characters today on Empire that suck, Thor and Cpt. America.
They should audition for the new Village People!

Post #: 25
RE: Looksgreat, the right way to go - 3/6/2010 3:22:39 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: spideed2

The Ultimates outfit, much like this is based on combat gear.

This is the best way to go. If you think this wont work, you wont like Cap at all basically, its much less goofy than the wing headed and outside pants outfit.

I thought Cap got his outside pants and wings on his head when he joined the Avengers?! Is this not just his WWII get up??

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to spideed2)
Post #: 26
Not sure.... - 3/6/2010 4:56:19 PM   
quagmire

Not really sure about this one, not really in the same league as Thors costume, stil one to watch though, and Chris Evans is always worth a watch.

Post #: 27
Suprised - 3/6/2010 5:00:03 PM   
LewisStephenson

This actually suprised me. When I heard what was going to be done to the costume I was a little peeved that they weren't sticking to the original but this has surprised me with how good it actually does look.

One thing though, what's with the gun holster? Captain America had no gun holster in WWII, only Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soiler) added a gun holster when he became Cap for a short time, right?

Post #: 28
ME LIKE...... - 3/6/2010 5:32:55 PM   
ROTGUT

Not a big fan of all that Ultimate Marvel guff - but still - this costume looks quite functional. I presume this is the WWII version and when Shield finally dig him out of the ice and set him up in the Avengers, Chris Evans will be running around in something a bit more swish looking?

Post #: 29
RE: ME LIKE...... - 3/6/2010 5:40:27 PM   
spideed2

The Ultimates books as in the ultimate avengers are the best books in the ultimate universe really. The 40s, spandex Jack Kirby costume wouldnt work on screen FACT.

(in reply to ROTGUT)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> A First Look At Captain America Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI