Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: PETER JACKSON TO DIRECT THE HOBBIT

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: PETER JACKSON TO DIRECT THE HOBBIT Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PETER JACKSON TO DIRECT THE HOBBIT - 1/6/2010 1:50:59 PM   
shanek1980

"I'll do it"                 George "Star Treck" Lukas June 1st 2010

(in reply to boredbluekoala)
Post #: 61
Fingers crossed.... - 1/6/2010 5:48:14 PM   
rantbot66

....three letters....McG.....omg!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
Del Toro leaves The Hobbit - 2/6/2010 6:59:48 PM   
Zaphod121

Hellboy 3 anyone?

Post #: 63
Talk about feeling deflated! - 3/6/2010 11:55:24 AM   
willy d

Well, when I originally heard that the Hobbit was going to be made I was pretty excited. What could be better than returning to the fantastical world of Middle Earth?. Then I hear Mr Del Toro was up for the position in the directors chair.....Wicked! He is definitely one of my favourite directors, with a truly original and dark style. Who the hell could possibly pick up the reins now? I've no idea?

I reckon Mr Jackson and Co are pretty gutted, as they should be.

I wait with baited breath to see what further drama's will unfold?

Post #: 64
Thank the lord (of the rings)! - 5/6/2010 11:57:45 AM   
AndyKirk

Why is everyone so upset? Although Pan's Labyrinth is ace both Hellboys were massively overrated disappointments. C'mon Jackson - get off your slimmed down arse and direct the movies yourself.

Post #: 65
- 7/6/2010 12:16:12 PM   
skyrodent

we're sure it was a "hard hobbit to break"...

brilliant stuff Chris, just brilliant!!!

Post #: 66
depressing - 7/6/2010 3:54:31 PM   
jkemal

How comes Hollywood can churn out rubbish after rubbish, remake after remake - filmsthat no one wants to see, yet here we have a story everyone wants to see committed to film, two film makers who really want to make it, and a guarantee of a major box office hit - that somehow can't find its way out of development hell.?

Post #: 67
Maybe Im a little confused... - 7/6/2010 6:58:08 PM   
chewynewyork

Although I firmly believe that Del Toro is one of the most talented directors to enter the circuit in a long while, I am strangely proud of his move away from the project (based on the reasons that Jackson stated). I do love Tolkien's epic masterpiece, but it seems a little overkill to split up the prequel into different parts. I mean, there is only one book; would it have been that difficult to squeeze it into one film? And six years??? Again, this is the prequel. It was a great story, of course, but...perhaps I am missing something.

In light of the blatant attempt to weasel money out of the masses with the standard/extended editions of LOTR on dvd and blu-ray, this makes me suspicious of the motives of the production house, overall. Is this about doing the film justice, or something else entirely? Hm.

Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: PETER JACKSON TO DIRECT THE HOBBIT Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI