Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WOW....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: WOW.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WOW.... - 4/6/2010 6:07:03 AM   
Sy Zombie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edgeof666

You know, I've learned something today. British people don't know shit about videogames. I hate to say it, but lists like this ARE popularity contests, and Halflife isn't even one of the top ten franchises of all time, so to give the main character from that game the top spot is sheer folly.

You are a moron. You think British people don't know a thing about games based on a list compiled by a FILM magazine.
Don't judge an entire nation on a dodgy list made by film buffs. They know all about films and jack shit about games.
Post #: 31
RE: Rubbish List - 5/6/2010 7:31:54 AM   
pitpal86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kase

who the hell is going to remember Gordon Freeman, Shoman, The Namelos One is 20 years time??

Mario, Donkey Kong,Sonic etc. all timeless video game classics that we will all remember long after the modern day fads.

You don't play many video games do you? Yeah, those are classic games in the sense that they're really old and their franchises have been nearly bled to death from countless crappy games. This is a list of the best video game characters, not a list of the most recognizable. Mario is a shitty character. He's one dimensional, most of his games are the same storyless dribble, the only exceptions are the Mario RPGs which most people didn't play because it required more thinking than "jump on goomba, don't get hit". They're just simple games created for the simple masses, and that's the only reason they make as much money as they do.

Besides, Gordon Freeman is the only character on the list that has had a game come out in the past 10 years. How on earth would you call those games modern day fads? Unless you're saying games with more substance than "go from point a to point b without getting hit" is a fad.

And for those interested, Gamespot.com, an actual gaming website, had a similar post. Except their ranking was voted on by users and portrays a more accurate opinion of who the best characters are according to actual video game players.
Post #: 32
RE: WOW.... - 13/6/2010 2:55:32 PM   
LeeSim

Got to laugh at all the people bitching about this list, and escpecially those saying that it's just a movie magazine and what do they know about games etc.
So does that mean that people that watch movies don't play games and vice versa??
If so, and you are a hard-core gamer type, then what are you doing on a movie site! :P

Anyways, a list like this always comes down to personal choice, and NO-ONE is ever going to be happy with another persons choice of top 50 (insert subject here).

IMHO the list is quite good actually! :D

(in reply to Sy Zombie)
Post #: 33
RE: fallout 3 - 14/7/2010 2:45:58 AM   
SumWon

quote:

ORIGINAL: dune666

i would love for someone to make fallout 3 into a movie it would be so cool. well because the game is ace so why not make a film out of it. i am sure that alot of gamers would love to see this game made into a movie.

You mean like Book of Eli?
Post #: 34
RE: WTF?! D: Bad positions and missing 2 awesome charac... - 7/8/2010 3:22:19 AM   
murdoch

It baffles me that Mario isn't number one... BUT OH WELL it's a list on the internet, their not fondling your mum

"Go make yourself more beautiful than you already are Ok?"
"You know that's not possible"
Anything's possible"
"Fine, I'll go manicure my gloves"
Post #: 35
Gordon Freeman!!! - 23/1/2011 3:50:39 AM   
nadasurf12

Yea! they totaly got it right there. but i cant believe they didnt include Toni Cipriani from GTA: LCS, Altair from Assassin's Creed, and Ezio (AC2)!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 36
Okay guys... - 19/2/2011 11:30:26 PM   
Zoerith

WHERE. THE. HELL. IS. MEGAMAN. YOU BASTARDS!!!

Post #: 37
Noble Squad from Halo:Reach--Morrigan from DA:O--Rabbi... - 2/3/2011 9:04:29 AM   
Hobokilla

Noble Squad Should Be Up There As A Team!

Halo reach had the best campaign i have ever played on a fps. I mean at the end when your all alone... you look up... pick up your DMR and and make your last stand to die as the last human on Reach! And when you finally are taken down its not before you destroy like five elites with the weapons they try to kill you with! Hands down the best ending ever!

The other two characters are almost as good but MoH had a horrible multi-player but had a great campaign and Morrigan is a very deep character if you played Dragon Age: Origins and had a romantic relationship with her.

P.S i get the feeling most people on this site are ps3 fans but don't let that stop you from finding a great character in one of these games and the only reason i made a profile on this site was to write this.

Post #: 38
- 22/5/2011 7:18:03 PM   
xK_Marcus

Ok, I have created an account to point out one specific character that is being seriously over looked, I of course talk about.....

Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

Now where is he, I was expecting him to be in the top 5, being the epic character that he is, and being very popular. Why is he not in it???

Post #: 39
- 13/6/2011 3:47:52 AM   
Sadliem_Ridel

i was very upset when i found out where marcus fenix was, where Leon kennedy was, and where ryu hayabusa was. :'( i agree with some of them tho! like laura croft and alucard. alucard couldve gone a little closer to #1, but its fine. :P

Post #: 40
care to say this was the most disgusting listing ever - 3/7/2011 5:55:07 AM   
1s99f0x

i`ve been playing videogames since 1996,and i care to point out that this listing is the more disoriented list i have ever seen,it is unimaginable that an adult would be capable of doing such a sloppy job,maybe a twelve year old without research would do a better list,there are many examples,but to simply turn down titles like tekken,megaman that is just preposterous,how can someone put solid snake the star from a game that simply brought gaming to another level at 19th place, this guy sure got a lot of nerve to make this list without any research, it`s like he wrote videogame on google and copyed the firsts results at a randomic order,because i really tried to understand his standarts but i cant just get them, this guy probably havent even played any videogame or maybe "it" is just a progam, that would bee reasonable,this list can be labeled as a felony or a sin, no matter, this guy will receive the worst kind of punishiment in hell, i hope with all my heart that this guy suffer the worst kind of fate possible.

Post #: 41
Uh... - 5/7/2011 1:17:08 AM   
mortnoir

I created an account for only one reason, and that is to say this: MORE THAN HALF OF THE CHARACTERS ON THIS LIST SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ON IT. By my count, only twenty-one of those listed even belong on the list, and most of them should be lower. The Duke should be higher. Link beats nearly all of them. Garrett should be in the top five, as anyone who has ever played the Thief games would undoubtedly agree. "One" from Gothic should be on there near the bottom. And here's a question: WHERE THE FRICK IS MAGUS? He's at least Numero Dos. As a life-long gamer on every format since Atari 2600, I'm absolutely appalled.

Post #: 42
Most badass heroes - 11/7/2011 9:42:59 AM   
evbro

A little different from just the "greatest," here is a list of the most "badass" video game heroes:

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-most-badass-video-game-heroes-of-all-time

Vote up your faves!

Post #: 43
??? - 19/7/2011 3:57:42 AM   
Memex

Hey guys....how many of you have just created an account just because of this list?
Think about it, huh?

Post #: 44
- 7/8/2011 2:45:28 AM   
chuah

oi! where is Kapp'n from animal crossing!? that guy is a legend!

Post #: 45
Think About It - 13/8/2011 4:49:44 AM   
Liquid_Armor

While looking through this article I have found some excellent choices which I am pleased to see make it onto the list. But I am amused as to how many people are actually complaining about how the majority of their suggestions were not selected. First you have to get it through to your mind that Empire is not a video game based publication. They are experts within films, and give informative reviews that many people enjoy reading every time a new movie is released. This article was most likely created by members of staff who thought that it would be a nice change of pace from their usually business.

I will not be surprised that they compiled it with their own personal experience of playing video games and did little next to no research because they were confident about their knowledge. I can guarantee that if an average gamer were given the opportunity to create this list then they would embarrass themselves by putting choices such as Solid Snake, Master Chief and the entire Modern Warfare 2 character roster in the top 5 of the list. If you have even thought about these choices then you have little next to no knowledge about gaming and what the medium has gone through within its existence.

These choices are based upon substance instead of how popular they are. Unreal Tournament announcer, HK-47, Pyramid Head, Guybrush Threepwood, Alice, Minsc & Boo as well as Sam & Max. Names that you wouldn’t have even heard about and wouldn’t have even thought about putting on this list because you couldn’t look beyond the Master Chiefs of the world. You are victims of your sad and predictable imaginations and how you call the rest of the world amateurs.

Take Lara Croft for example who is a legend within video gaming. Why? Because she was one of the first females within gaming that was actually sexy, good to play as, had a good attitude as well as personality and was interesting in terms of intellect and

Post #: 46
- 22/12/2011 7:44:09 PM   
johnmaylives

terrible list. where is Ezio auditore

Post #: 47
Red Dead Redemption? - 2/1/2012 12:19:42 PM   
Lily1997

John Marston anyone? he deserves to be up here at least. And Lara Croft definitely deserves to be higher.

Post #: 48
Sweet~ - 10/1/2012 3:22:27 AM   
Razorflame45

Gordan! He is epic but i have to say The Chief deserves it more then him and Wheatley should be on this list, i mean really you cand get any better than that or atlease Axel from Kingdom Hearts. I didnt even know half of those Video Game characters

Post #: 49
- 24/1/2012 5:41:26 PM   
drachehexe

How can characters with several GREAT games under their belts not make the list?

Where are Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) and Kain and/or Raziel (Legacy of Kain series)?

Post #: 50
- 9/2/2012 7:52:47 PM   
sedingle111

Why Mario not #1? Why Link not #2 Where is Zelda & Why donkey kong so far from # 5 or 6 ???? D:

Post #: 51
Other heroes. - 15/2/2012 4:16:23 AM   
iSillyiRabbit

I think Sam Stone of the Serious Sam series should be included.. or B.J. Blazkowicz of the Wolfenstein series.

Post #: 52
where is ezio auditore - 22/2/2012 4:53:13 PM   
manoj1992

where is ezio auditore da firenze i expected him in top 5 .. iam a very hardcore gamer and the best character ive played in my life is ezio auditore he is the greatest legend of gaming world .. shame on the person who created this list for not adding ezio .. !!

Post #: 53
WHERE THE F*** IS PIT!? - 5/3/2012 2:30:26 PM   
iamverydissapointed

The list is very wrong. This is how it should have been: #1 Link, #2 Mario (At least they got one correct), #3 Pit, #4 Donkey Kong (Not number F**CKING 48), #5 Yoshi. Read my username and you will know how i feel!

Post #: 54
Yup. - 5/3/2012 11:40:33 PM   
Dread Sovereign

Gordon Freeman beats all of Nintendo combined.
Btw guys, this is a matter of opinion. The list isn't 'wrong'.

Post #: 55
Yup. - 5/3/2012 11:52:22 PM   
Dread Sovereign

Gordon Freeman beats all of Nintendo combined.
Btw guys, this is a matter of opinion. The list isn't 'wrong'.

Post #: 56
Leon s kennedy - 18/3/2012 4:51:08 PM   
waqarabbas

hey its totally wrong please leon is the best character in the world .
he should be at number one.
see the voting for him then you will feel sorry

Post #: 57
leon . leon . leon kennedy - 18/3/2012 4:52:10 PM   
waqarabbas

leon is the best and he is the nmbr 1

Post #: 58
- 18/3/2012 4:53:04 PM   
waqarabbas

leon shoulb be higher on the list

Post #: 59
whaaatttttt - 18/3/2012 4:54:19 PM   
waqarabbas

leon.s.kennedy is on 44, no its universal false. im not agreed with it please place him on number 1

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: WOW.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI