Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gilliam's Don Quixote Bags Ewan McGregor

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gilliam's Don Quixote Bags Ewan McGregor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gilliam's Don Quixote Bags Ewan McGregor - 17/5/2010 6:32:59 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
A surprising replacement for Depp... - 17/5/2010 6:32:59 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

but certainly a welcome one!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: A surprising replacement for Depp... - 17/5/2010 6:35:27 PM   
TheSpleen

Not liking this casting but as long as the bloody flick gets made i'm happy.

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 3
Funnily enough... - 17/5/2010 6:55:31 PM   
Toursiveu2

... The great Jean Rochefort just directed a documentary about horses and his love of horses called "Cavaliers Seuls" (Lone Riders). Knowing the man's passion for the subject and his admiration for Terry Gilliam, it must have been devastating not being physically fit to make the movie!

Post #: 4
Shame about Depp - 18/5/2010 6:26:05 AM   
natman_begins

The clip(s) of finished film in "Lost in la Mancha" looked quite good.

< Message edited by natman_begins -- 18/5/2010 6:27:44 AM >

Post #: 5
Please Mr Gilliam - 18/5/2010 9:08:32 AM   
Mr Grizzly

Let Ewan keep his scottish accent! He really can't do any other very well!

Post #: 6
Good choice - 18/5/2010 11:04:10 AM   
deheor

Depp seems to be just treading water right now delivering over the top performances in increasingly lame films. Although McGregor clearly won't help the film get seen he should at least give a strong performance and help Gilliam create another classic

Post #: 7
one note twat - 18/5/2010 10:01:07 PM   
godzilavskennyrogers

Well with this new casting Gilliam has already shown us how much of a turkey he's cooking with the box office poison that is Ewan Mcgregor. We'll get to watch his puzzled frown with ropey accent combo whilst his paltry acting skills drag everyone down to his sub Hollyoaks standard. No decent performance since Trainspotting yet you gave him an icon award!! Jesus wept. This film will suck ass.

Post #: 8
RE: one note twat - 18/5/2010 10:40:46 PM   
Edward Nygma

lol I love how Gilliam's like "yeah he's gotten better over the years", meaning he was ass up until like a year ago...which isn't true. He's still not very good.

Really tired of seeing Ewan in everything and liking him in nothing.

I guess he'll be believable as a boring executive but I really hope he won't be all whiny and like "what's going on all around maaay? I have no personalitaaaay..." (that's his Alabama accent, or what he believes to be an Alabama accent) like he was in Men Who Stare At Goats. But if anyone can make Ewan bearable it's Gilliam so we'll see...

Ben. Affleck.

(in reply to godzilavskennyrogers)
Post #: 9
RE: one note twat - 19/5/2010 10:45:15 AM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edward Nygma

lol I love how Gilliam's like "yeah he's gotten better over the years", meaning he was ass up until like a year ago...which isn't true. He's still not very good.

I guess he'll be believable as a boring executive but I really hope he won't be all whiny and like "what's going on all around maaay? I have no personalitaaaay..." (that's his Alabama accent, or what he believes to be an Alabama accent) like he was in Men Who Stare At Goats. But if anyone can make Ewan bearable it's Gilliam so we'll see...

He ruined goats for me. Usually it'd just be a mild annoyance that he was cast but if like me you've been waiting and waiting for this film to finally happen it breaks my heart..

(in reply to Edward Nygma)
Post #: 10
RE: one note twat - 19/5/2010 10:56:24 AM   
Edward Nygma

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

quote:

He ruined goats for me. Usually it'd just be a mild annoyance that he was cast but if like me you've been waiting and waiting for this film to finally happen it breaks my heart..

Same here. Was really looking forward to that film and the rest of the cast was excellent.
Having said that I think Ewan's not entirely to blame for TMWSAG's patchiness. I think the writing wasn't as sharp and funny as it could have been. Clooney, Spacey and Bridges were genius regardless. Shame...

Ben. Affleck.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 11
RE: one note twat - 19/5/2010 12:22:48 PM   
TheSpleen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

quote:

Same here. Was really looking forward to that film and the rest of the cast was excellent.
Having said that I think Ewan's not entirely to blame for TMWSAG's patchiness. I think the writing wasn't as sharp and funny as it could have been. Clooney, Spacey and Bridges were genius regardless. Shame...

Yeah acting wise he was the weak link but he wasn't to blame for everything, the script seemed three quarters genius then all of a sudden dull then genius again. Odd film.

(in reply to Edward Nygma)
Post #: 12
RE: Gilliam's Don Quixote Bags Ewan McGregor - 19/5/2010 12:48:16 PM   
adambatman82

Wow, whats with the "Bash Ewan McGregor" party?! He's great in Young Adam, Big Fish and Moulin Rouge to name but three, and headed one of the most lauded films of the year thus far in The Ghost.

Post #: 13
Gilliam will make it good. - 21/5/2010 3:18:00 PM   
blowyourtitsup

Shame it can't be Johnny Depp and Jean Rochefort but Gilliam will make Ewan Mcgregor good, not that he's that bad but Bruce Willis seemed convincing in 12 Monkeys!! Robert Duvall will be great. (Ewan Mcgregor should keep his scots accent....)

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gilliam's Don Quixote Bags Ewan McGregor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI