Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Deadly Premonition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deadly Premonition Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deadly Premonition - 25/6/2012 8:26:34 AM   
From_Hell

Did anyone finish this? Is it worth sticking with? I've played it for about an hour and so far, so not impressed. The controls are awful, the graphics are beyond bad and it all just feels a little silly. I need to give it more time but I'm struggling to summon up the enthusiasm right now. I'm hearing this is a 40-60 hour game. Is that right?!?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to dark crystal)
Post #: 31
RE: Deadly Premonition - 25/6/2012 11:10:59 AM   
talpacino

I thought I might enjoy it in a stupid, weird way but I just couldn't get it into it at all and gave up after about an hour or 2. I still have it so I may go back to it some day...

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 32
RE: Deadly Premonition - 25/6/2012 8:37:40 PM   
JessFranco

It's quite engrossing when you get into it but you have to be prepared for the fact that literally nothing can happen from one hour to the next. It's more like being a character in a slow-moving TV show than a traditional game. I'm probably about half way in a year after buying it but it's something i go back to now and again and play for a few hours. Sometimes no other game will do.

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 33
RE: Deadly Premonition - 7/7/2012 5:44:40 PM   
From_Hell

Still on Episode 1, put about 5 hours into this game and I might actually be warming to it......

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to JessFranco)
Post #: 34
RE: Deadly Premonition - 8/7/2012 8:12:18 PM   
rich

Still on my "must remember to play" list

Meanwhile...

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 35
RE: Deadly Premonition - 9/7/2012 8:35:22 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Still on my "must remember to play" list

When I'm done with my copy - maybe in a few weeks time - I'll put it up for swaps...

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 36
RE: Deadly Premonition - 9/7/2012 8:43:46 AM   
From_Hell

So... the map.... rubbish isn't it?

One thing that I'm not sure about are the little 'character figures' shown on the map. I understand that a little blue male figure shows the location of a male character and a little red female figure shows the location of a female character. I also understand that if a symbol of a computer is shown next to the character figure, it means that they will give you a side-quest to complete. What I don't understand is why some of the character figures on the map are 4 or 5 times larger than others. From what I can gather, some conditions (like weather conditions or time of the day) have to be correct for a character to offer you a side quest, so are the large character figures to denote that this character can give you a side quest, but the conditions aren't right?

Any other ideas? I've tried Googling, but don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 37
RE: Deadly Premonition - 29/7/2012 8:17:05 PM   
From_Hell

Finished this on Friday evening. It was the bizarrest, shittest, most fantastic game. I'm still not sure what to think of it. From episode 3 onwards, I was totally hooked on the storyline, I loved the setting and the characters were great. That said, I'm glad I'm done with it. The map was awful, the controls - particularly the aiming - aren't good and for every brilliant moment, there's a shit one. I'm glad I stuck with it. Great game, if you have the patience

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Deadly Premonition Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI