Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Justified - UK Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Justified - UK Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 19/6/2010 1:29:19 PM   
spark1

no story arc? yeah, right!
cross and double cross with the cartel's hitman and the deputy in last week's ep.
boyd really getting to raylan-what's his endgame?

< Message edited by spark1 -- 22/6/2010 2:23:45 PM >

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 31
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 24/6/2010 2:10:44 PM   
spark1

raylan gets points for hostage negotiation technique but his screw ups have put the crowders back on streets!

winona's dodgy hubby is played by the actor who played charlie in original 'fright night'!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 32
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 27/6/2010 5:01:30 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

raylan gets points for hostage negotiation technique but his screw ups have put the crowders back on streets!

winona's dodgy hubby is played by the actor who played charlie in original 'fright night'!

that episode was great, especially the hostage situation, I thought it was gonna end with Raylan shooting the convict like he always does but it was good to see that he solved the crisis with spicy chicken.
shame that the Boyd has been released.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 33
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 27/6/2010 5:34:07 PM   
mafyou

Last week's episode was another good'un. Raylan Givens is my new idol. Spicy chicken and bourbon does solve everything. Winona's story is clearly developing and I'll be interested to see where that takes us. What is her husband mixed up in? I wonder if it will be connected to Miami...

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 34
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 27/6/2010 5:55:19 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: mafyou

Last week's episode was another good'un. Raylan Givens is my new idol. Spicy chicken and bourbon does solve everything. Winona's story is clearly developing and I'll be interested to see where that takes us. What is her husband mixed up in? I wonder if it will be connected to Miami...

I'd like for the show to concentrate on that as well and it's a shame that up until now we havent actually had an entire episode that focuses on Winona.

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 35
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 28/6/2010 10:38:27 AM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: mafyou

I'd like for the show to concentrate on that as well and it's a shame that up until now we havent actually had an entire episode that focuses on Winona.

Two of the things I like about Justified are the slow-burn nature of the story arc, with significant details and twists emerging in drips and drabs, often from out of left-field, but always keeping the narrative moving forward, and also its unpredictability.  The fact that Winona's second husband is a bit of a douche just seemed like an inconsequential character trait to begin with, but suddenly its taking on far more significance.  The same goes for the bent sheriff from the previous ep.  That looked done and dusted when Raylan brought him down and rescued Ava, but now its come back to bite him with Boyd's father being released early.

Justified is definitely a show that you have to pay attention to, with even the smallest and most minor event, detail or character potentially having some entirely unexpected future significance.   Its that sort of interwoven plotting that's keeping me hooked (along with the fact that Raylan is a very cool character).

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 36
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 28/6/2010 2:39:29 PM   
spark1

that 'security consultant' was one creepy dude in a show filled with creepy dudes.

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 37
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 2/7/2010 11:53:15 PM   
mafyou

Well, another good episode that (I'm guessing) resolves the issues surrounding Hawkins and Winona for this series. I presume a return to Boyd and Ava next week.

Another thing: that's 2 episodes in the series where Givens has been 'hatless'.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 38
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 13/7/2010 10:57:55 PM   
MI Cruise

Just caught up to last weeks episode in time for tomorrow. Boyd is pissing me off and I was glad that he slipped up and now we have to wait and see how Given's catches him. The judge in the episode was pretty funny but this episode wasnt as good as the 9th where Rayland gets his hat stolen. Hoping tomorrows episode is back on track with Rayland going after Boyd.

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 39
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 14/7/2010 12:19:41 PM   
spark1

quote:

Just caught up to last weeks episode in time for tomorrow. Boyd is pissing me off and I was glad that he slipped up and now we have to wait and see how Given's catches him. The judge in the episode was pretty funny but this episode wasnt as good as the 9th where Rayland gets his hat stolen. Hoping tomorrows episode is back on track with Rayland going after Boyd.

looks like ava and boyd may need rayland's protection from the crowders by the finale.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 40
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 17/7/2010 10:26:39 AM   
MI Cruise

Im guessing that the finale will include Rayland trying to catch Papa Crowder. Boyd looks like hes slowly becoming a better person but then again he did purchase that rocket laucher?
looking forward to the last 2 episodes now.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 41
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 22/7/2010 12:05:05 PM   
spark1

ah shoot, we's at def con 1 for  nxt wk's finale.
fire in the hole!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 42
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 29/7/2010 3:02:58 AM   
Nezzley

Great end to a very good first season and for weeks this has been pretty much my favourite thing on tv. I don't understand how people can whine about it not being serialized enough whilst acknowledging that week by week it has great villiains and dialogue, the pilot was particularly impressive thanks to walton goggins performance as boyd and since then it's continued to draw up several memorable villians whilst the main story involving the feud between the crowders/givens/ava played out nicely throughout the season.

I especially liked the episode with the loan shark/gardener, that really solidified my interest in the show - the dialogue and plot twists had the smarts and style of great crime stories (unsuprising given the source in Elmore Leonard) and then there's Raylan himsel coolly taking down the bad guys like he's like clint eastwood.

And Ava does look really hot when wielding a shotgun

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 43
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 29/7/2010 8:57:11 AM   
livewire

awesome show. sorry to see it end but can't wait for another series.

I`ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number" - Bonn Scott 1946 – 1980

Punchdrunk - 1981 - 2010

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 44
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 29/7/2010 9:06:22 AM   
MI Cruise

The ending yesterday nicely wrapped everything up, but theres still some loose ends that might be pursued in season 2 such as that Miami kingpin would want revenge on Raylan.

(in reply to livewire)
Post #: 45
RE: Justified - UK Speed - 29/7/2010 10:05:09 AM   
Blunderbuss

A great ending with events playing out in a nicely off-kilter fashion (much like the rest of the season).

I liked the fact that Raylan's father was willing to sell his son out.  In most other shows he would have had a crisis of conscience at that point and done the right thing.  The fact that Boyd didn't get to kill his father was also another nice, unexpected twist.  The final shoot out was also very well handled, with Raylan again proving what a very cool character he is...

As MI Cruise says it was a satisfying season finale but still left enough loose ends out there for Season 2.  I just hope that Richard Desmond's acquisition of Channel Five doesn't mean we've seen the last of Raylan, Boyd and the rest on UK TV.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 46
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 20/4/2011 11:04:00 PM   
MI Cruise

Well season 2 is officially underway, and we have been introuduced to some fascinating new characters. Although I have to say most of what happened is season 1 is kinda a blur but after watching this episode its as if season 1 finished just last week.
Plus I was glad to see the return of the lovely Natalie Zea

Post #: 47
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 21/4/2011 12:26:43 PM   
Lang

I'm liking Walton Goggins addition to the main cast

Great first episode!!

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 48
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 21/4/2011 1:26:50 PM   
spark1

man, ma bennet is cold hearted.

hear mr leneord is writing a new book called 'raylan'. hope elements gets used in show sometime.

and how about taking givens to italy as in 'pronto'?

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 49
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 21/4/2011 1:35:39 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

man, ma bennet is cold hearted.

hear mr leneord is writing a new book called 'raylan'. hope elements gets used in show sometime.

and how about taking givens to italy as in 'pronto'?

Yeah the Bennet clan seem like dangerous people, wasnt that the guy who was forcing the daughter's dad to put his foot in the bear-trap also a police officer. Looking forward to seeing what happens next week.

< Message edited by MI Cruise -- 21/4/2011 1:36:17 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 50
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 21/4/2011 5:59:25 PM   
Captain Black

Yeah, really good start to the season. I loved it when Givens sprayed the fella with petrol and was all  "You do know how a firearm works?"

Something I find really weird about this show is how underdeveloped the supporting cast of Marshals are; I guess I'm just used to shows being centred around that group where Justified is far more interested in the bad guys.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 51
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 21/4/2011 6:32:57 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Yeah, really good start to the season. I loved it when Givens sprayed the fella with petrol and was all  "You do know how a firearm works?"

Something I find really weird about this show is how underdeveloped the supporting cast of Marshals are; I guess I'm just used to shows being centred around that group where Justified is far more interested in the bad guys.

Im guessing by keeping the other Marshall's characters underdeveloped it gives Raylan more focus.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 52
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 3/6/2011 11:57:57 AM   
Blunderbuss

I am absolutely loving S2 of Justified. This week's ep, with the attempts to return of the stolen money, was brilliant. Simultaneously funny, tense, farcical & smart.

It comes across as such a laid back and low-key show, but it packs into each hour far more than most crime dramas manage in half a season. Everything is layered and you have to pay attention. Seemingly minor events can have a huge impact often many episodes or even entire seasons later. The fact that the judge in this ep was the same one whose life Raylan saved last season provided the perfect logical reason why he would ask for the Marshall to check out his court-room and thereby stop him from helping out Winona. I wouldn't be surprised if the missing would-be sniper or the issue of the missing money both rear their heads again.

If you've not caught this show yet you're really missing out. Do not be put off by the fact that its on FiveUSA.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 53
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 3/6/2011 12:46:35 PM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

Im guessing by keeping the other Marshall's characters underdeveloped it gives Raylan more focus.

we learend enough about the female marshal's past.

the dixie mafia are coming....

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 54
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 3/6/2011 3:40:32 PM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

quote:

quote:

we learend enough about the female marshal's past.

the dixie mafia are coming....

I'd agree. In fact we've learned quite a bit about all of the other marshalls over one and a bit seasons. We know that Art is a grandfather with a dodgy leg who needs hearing aids, Tim is a vet who served in Iraq, is a brilliant shot and knows it and Rachel's late-sister was a junkie who OD'd.

The thing about Justified is that the writers don't offer up easy or obvious character traits or provide two line backstories on a plate. Little details trickle out in conversations, minor character beats or incidental events, slowly building up a deeper picture.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 55
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 3/6/2011 7:23:05 PM   
Nezzley

Great episode this week and good to see Raylan so flustered for once, usually he's pretty cool and in control of the situation but they really ramped up the tension in this episode with him trying to dodge the judge and the other marshalls to cover up Winona's crime.

I loved Boyd outsmarting those crooks from a few episodes back with the mine explosion, the character's been through quite a few changes and allegiances but Walton Goggins performance makes it work, he's hard to pin down but he always seems to be smarter than the people he aligns himself with and enjoys seeing how things play out.

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

Post #: 56
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 6/6/2011 6:32:45 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I can't decide who's cooler here - Goggins or Olyphant. Great show.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 57
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 4/7/2011 3:49:05 PM   
Lang

Holy Crap Dickie just gone done made his move.... 'this shit just got real'

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 58
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 6/7/2011 12:56:39 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

with 2 eps to go mags's decision to take money from coal company and ditch dickie proving to be bad move.

knew winona's hubby was behind hit on raylan.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 59
RE: Justified S2 5USA - 6/7/2011 3:01:32 PM   
Lang

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

with 2 eps to go mags's decision to take money from coal company and ditch dickie proving to be bad move.

knew winona's hubby was behind hit on raylan.

Yeah agreed.

As much as am lookin forward to Dickie V Raylan....i think Raylan V Arlo will be alot more emotional!

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Justified - UK Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI