Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fallout: New Vegas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Fallout: New Vegas Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 20/6/2011 5:10:30 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

Confusing isn't it!

Cheers for the pointers mate - I think I'll go back down to the Legion camp and see if I can get across. Either way I'm sure I'll finish it somehow!

Sure is! There's tons of missions and it's easy to lose track of which one leads where!

Oh and as it looks like you've pissed the Legion off to the point of 'no return', just a little pointer incase you haven't finished the game yet, get leveled up alot before you take on the Legion near the end...............that's all I'll say without spoiling it.

Goodluck.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 241
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 22/6/2011 9:33:18 PM   
Pratt82

http://www.trueachievements.com/n4313/upcoming-fallout-new-vegas-dlc-detailed.htm

2nd piece of DLC..............delayed. For those who are interested.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 242
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/7/2011 3:09:53 PM   
dougtherugg

I think I am going to have to start again.  I accidentally shot the sherriff Mayer and then ran out a building.  Now I just keep dying as there are loads of guys with guns and dont have another save point.  Sooo frustrating!!

Respect the cock and tame the cunt!!

Workshed!!!

Spartans! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell!

Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!

now thats a woman, thats a house, thats a fish , THATS A BEE

(in reply to Rod Hull)
Post #: 243
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 2/8/2011 9:56:54 PM   
JessFranco

Anyone playing Old World Blues?

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Rod Hull)
Post #: 244
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 3/8/2011 9:46:50 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: dougtherugg

I think I am going to have to start again. I accidentally shot the sherriff Mayer and then ran outa building. Now I just keep dying as there are loads of guys with guns and dont have another save point. Sooo frustrating!!

Sheriff Mayer........which town is that in then? It's been that long since I've played the 'New Vegas'.

Can't you just run like the wind pal and hope for the best? lol

(in reply to dougtherugg)
Post #: 245
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 4/11/2011 6:23:31 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

This bundle will include the main game and all of the DLC expansions: "Dead Money", "Honest Hearts", "Old World Blues", "Lonesome Road", "Courier's Stash" and "Gun Runner's Arsenal".

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition will be available early next year on February 7th in North America and February 10th in Europe.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 246
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 4/11/2011 9:39:35 AM   
Pratt82

Now this is what I'm holding out for! Nice spotting YFU.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 4/11/2011 10:28:54 AM >

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 247
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/6/2012 8:06:04 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Just started another playthrough of this and I'd forgotten how enjoyable the game is when it works. Granted I haven't bumped into any of the glitches or bugs that blighted my first playthrough yet but still, so far so good.

I've only got 2 of the DLC for it though, Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Can anyone recommend the other 2 or should I steer clear? I only ask because I really regretted spending my hard earned on Mothership Zeta* for Fallout 3 so I don't want to make the same mistake again if avoidable.

* And to a lesser extent Operation Anchorage, the pretty much indestructible winter armour and the Gauss rifle just abput made it a worthy download in the end.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 248
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 11/6/2012 8:24:12 AM   
From_Hell

I've had this sat on 'to do' my pile for well over a year, but fter putting an unhealthy amount of hours into both Fallout 3 and Skyrim, I just can't work up the enthusiasm for New Vegas yet. I feel like I ought to play it, and will probably enjoy it once I'm into it, but the thought of 50-100+ hours in another wasteland environment turns me right off at the moment!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 249
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 11/6/2012 3:40:11 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

I've had this sat on 'to do' my pile for well over a year, but fter putting an unhealthy amount of hours into both Fallout 3 and Skyrim, I just can't work up the enthusiasm for New Vegas yet. I feel like I ought to play it, and will probably enjoy it once I'm into it, but the thought of 50-100+ hours in another wasteland environment turns me right off at the moment!

Felt the same way after finishing Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 1+2.....just couldn't face another RPG, until NOW! Skyrim is the game on my playlist at the moment and then I'm gonna look at Fallout: NV.

Already completed it by joining the Rangers and taking their path, but got tons left to do on it, plus all the DLC. Sold my copy over a year ago but I'm going to buy the 'Ultimate Edition' when it comes mega cheap, it will be cheaper than buying all the DLC seperate just like I did with Fallout 3.

And yes, if you start it you will enjoy it.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 11/6/2012 3:51:53 PM >

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 250
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 11/6/2012 3:51:32 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Just started another playthrough of this and I'd forgotten how enjoyable the game is when it works. Granted I haven't bumped into any of the glitches or bugs that blighted my first playthrough yet but still, so far so good.

I've only got 2 of the DLC for it though, Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Can anyone recommend the other 2 or should I steer clear? I only ask because I really regretted spending my hard earned on Mothership Zeta* for Fallout 3 so I don't want to make the same mistake again if avoidable.

* And to a lesser extent Operation Anchorage, the pretty much indestructible winter armour and the Gauss rifle just abput made it a worthy download in the end.

Old World Blues is supposedly the bee's knees.

quote:

Already completed it by joining the Rangers and taking their path, but got tons left to do on it, plus all the DLC. Sold my copy over a year ago but I'm going to buy the 'Limited Edition' when it comes mega cheap, it will be cheaper than buying all the DLC seperate just like I did with Fallout 3.

Thanks for reminding me about the UE. Only 15 at thehut. Not going to get much better than that.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/fallout-new-vegas-ultimate-edition/10584276.html?affil=awin&awc=2547_1339426112_6e8d43e38f4c0d7b403e10eefba6f803&utm_source=AWin-24880&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 251
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 11/6/2012 3:53:31 PM   
Pratt82

15........suppose that's not bad, especially with all the DLC included. Will have a look and get this bought next Month. Thanks.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 252
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 8:16:33 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Felt the same way after finishing Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 1+2.....just couldn't face another RPG, until NOW! Skyrim is the game on my playlist at the moment and then I'm gonna look at Fallout: NV.

Already completed it by joining the Rangers and taking their path, but got tons left to do on it, plus all the DLC. Sold my copy over a year ago but I'm going to buy the 'Ultimate Edition' when it comes mega cheap, it will be cheaper than buying all the DLC seperate just like I did with Fallout 3.

And yes, if you start it you will enjoy it.

Thanks mate. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I just can't face it just yet

I think I'll blast through a few shorter games and then have a crack at it

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 253
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 11:06:56 AM   
Pratt82

Well when you do come to play it, here's alittle tip.

If you take the path of the Rangers/NCR (whatever you call them) and go up against Caesar's Legion just be sure your 'Speech' is at 100. I don't class this as a spoiler, that's why I'm just letting you know.

I won't go as far to say why or what you'll need it for, just that I found it damn near impossible to get past a certain point without it. Even though I was 'Armed to the Teeth' and with very good 'Armour'.

I can't talk for the other paths as I think I'm still to complete them.

Hope this helps without spoiling anything for you.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 254
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 11:11:02 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I don't suppose the Ultimate Edition for this is the same deal as Fallout 3 in that you can install the DLC on multiple consoles without needing the disk in your drive to be able to play it?

Thinking about putting it on High Priority on my Lovefilm list if it is.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 255
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 11:21:57 AM   
Pratt82

I think it is yeah Harry.

Post #: 256
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 11:41:51 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Cool, on the list it goes then .

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 257
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 1:11:38 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Cool, on the list it goes then .

CONFIRMED Harry.

Exactly same as Fallout 3 DLC Disk. Takes afew minutes to load to your HDD and your away.

Post #: 258
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 1:15:54 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Cool. Is it 2 discs or have they managed to cram the DLC onto the game disc?

If it's 2 discs I'm not sure if I'll receive the second disc off Lovefilm. It doesn't indicate that there's multiple discs so I'm hoping it's just the single disc.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 259
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 1:57:35 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

If you take the path of the Rangers/NCR (whatever you call them) and go up against Caesar's Legion just be sure your 'Speech' is at 100. I don't class this as a spoiler, that's why I'm just letting you know.

I won't go as far to say why or what you'll need it for, just that I found it damn near impossible to get past a certain point without it. Even though I was 'Armed to the Teeth' and with very good 'Armour'.

Thanks for the heads up mate

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 260
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/6/2012 2:41:29 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Cool. Is it 2 discs or have they managed to cram the DLC onto the game disc?

If it's 2 discs I'm not sure if I'll receive the second disc off Lovefilm. It doesn't indicate that there's multiple discs so I'm hoping it's just the single disc.

Free DLC
Worth a rent if you own the original game as you get to install all the DLC for free; Bonus!

Above is a comment from a Lovefilm Customer. So from that I'm guessing you'll be able to just put whatever disc(s) comes and download the DLC. Then just send it back a play off your original disc if you have it already. Let me know if this is how it works. If so, I might just rent this for the DLC disk and buy a normal Fallout: New Vegas game for 5 instead of paying more for the 'Ultimate Edition'.

Post #: 261
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 27/6/2012 2:50:00 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Still waiting for Lovefilm to send me the Ultimate edition, the bastards. I've had it as the only thing on high priority on my rental list for a fortnight now .

Anyway, I've been really enjoying my current playthrough, siding with Mr House this time around. Just buttering up theBrotherhood of Steel at the mo for some XP before wiping them off the face of the Mojave. I've been mopping up some cheevs as well, hopefully I'll be able to get the full 1k for it. That would mean another partial playthrough to complete the Legion missions though (I've got a save point on The Strip where all 4 branches are available and the Legion are neutral) so I'll see if I can be bothered when the time comes.

Finished Dead Money last night, thought it was meh at best. Too few enemy types, too restrictive a landscape and some fairly dull missions made for a pretty uninteresting few hours. It's quite tough at start if, like me, your Survival skill is low but the difficulty plateaus soon enough before it spikes sharply towards the end of the 2nd act. A fairly straight forward 140 gamerscore though.

This should hopefully keep me occupied for a while.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 262
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 8/8/2012 5:33:40 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Reminder about the Legion path and the easiest way to get past the BIG DUDE! He is annoyingly brutal and tough to beat with your usual weaponary. I don't know how easy he would be to kill if you had that weapon that looks and acts like the 'Hammer of Dawn' from Gears. That thing might kill him in one or two shots, or at least take his energy right down!

Has anybody used this weapon in Fallout NV yet?

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 8/8/2012 5:34:12 PM >

Post #: 263
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 9/8/2012 11:06:13 AM   
st3veebee

Bought this in the Steam Sale and I have to say: I'm really dissapointed. The graphics have not aged well at all, the world is depressingly dull and the gameplay and weapons (so far) are exquisitely average. I feel that the open world/sandbox feel is more suited to hack and slash rather than guns.

Never played Fallout 3 by the way, I doubt I'll try this anymore either.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 264
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 9/8/2012 11:59:04 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

Reminder about the Legion path and the easiest way to get past the BIG DUDE! He is annoyingly brutal and tough to beat with your usual weaponary. I don't know how easy he would be to kill if you had that weapon that looks and acts like the 'Hammer of Dawn' from Gears. That thing might kill him in one or two shots, or at least take his energy right down!

Has anybody used this weapon in Fallout NV yet?

I know which bit you mean and I must admit to passing that part, violently, on 3 occasions with nary a problem. 3 Alien Blaster shots to the head and that's all she wrote. Granted, you need the Wild Wasteland perk to receive the Alien Blaster but I always choose it at the start because to be honest it's the only trait worth choosing, all the others are shit.

Anyway. Got all the endings now and completed all the DLC. Just a Hardcore run to go and I'll be done. Personally I've really enjoyed this, it's a far better game than Fallout 3 andthe DLC is better as well, (Dead Money is weak but it pisses all over Mothership Zeta). It's just a shame it was so buggy out of the box. Subsequent patches may have fixed a lot of the bugs but I still found it freezing quite a bit, especially after all the DLC was installed.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 265
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 9/8/2012 4:35:50 PM   
Pratt82

Might have to look into this 'Alien Blaster' next time I start this game. Sounds extremely helpful, thanks.

Post #: 266
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 9/8/2012 4:42:37 PM   
Harry Tuttle

It's the best weapon in the game although the ammo is limited (roughly 100 - 130 shots). It's not quite as powerful as it was in Fallout 3 (that was capable of one shot killing absolutely everything, sneak mode or not) but it should bring down a Deathclaw Alpha in 2 shots max. It's shit against robots though.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 267
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 14/8/2012 1:28:21 PM   
pseudocreme

I'll be buying this on day one! Cannot wait. Spent an ungodly amount of hours on Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I better start making my excuses now over this one.

The Mission is never over...

(in reply to Rod Hull)
Post #: 268
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 14/8/2012 2:13:03 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Bought this in the Steam Sale and I have to say: I'm really dissapointed. The graphics have not aged well at all, the world is depressingly dull and the gameplay and weapons (so far) are exquisitely average. I feel that the open world/sandbox feel is more suited to hack and slash rather than guns.

I'd have to agree with that, I went through the whole thing with the Cowboy Repeater.

I think I just laid lots of mines in front of the big guy Matt was talking about.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 269
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 14/3/2014 8:43:15 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I just started playing this again after a gap of about 3-4 years.I never actually finished this first time around and found that the game had kind of backed me into a corner and i couldn't really proceed. I picked up the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC so i'm looking forward to getting stuck in.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Fallout: New Vegas Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI