Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fallout: New Vegas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Fallout: New Vegas Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 20/2/2011 5:56:46 PM   
Super Hans

So there was me trying to go and confront Benny (3rd or so main story quest) via Sloan (most direct route) and getting killed by Deathclaws everytime - only just occurred to me there is another way, and one which would allow some more explorations - doh!

So far, loving it! Got me a companion (the robot thing - ED-E is it?), I'm nearly at level 9 although think I need to level up a bit more to finish a couple of the side quests I've started. A few questions though...

1. Nightskins - are they killable?!
2. Do you find better weapons on the strip? I need to find something that kills robots effectively - that mission 'One lucky sun (or something..)' is feeling much harder than I think it ought to.
3. Do you acquire a place of resisdence at any point, like the house in Megaton in Fallout 3? Would be useful for storing stuff!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 211
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 21/2/2011 9:18:34 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

So there was me trying to go and confront Benny (3rd or so main story quest) via Sloan (most direct route) and getting killed by Deathclaws everytime - only just occurred to me there is another way, and one which would allow some more explorations - doh!

So far, loving it! Got me a companion (the robot thing - ED-E is it?), I'm nearly at level 9 although think I need to level up a bit more to finish a couple of the side quests I've started. A few questions though...

2. Do you find better weapons on the strip? I need to find something that kills robots effectively - that mission 'One lucky sun (or something..)' is feeling much harder than I think it ought to.
3. Do you acquire a place of resisdence at any point, like the house in Megaton in Fallout 3? Would be useful for storing stuff!

1. Yes. I found them fairly easy but I never encountered them until later on. Boone (another companion) was a great help, I got him early on.

2. I used the Cowboy Repeater nearly all the way through but there are weapons better suited to robots.

3. You get the chance of staying at a couple of places. My first pad was in Novac then you get a couple in the strip as well.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 212
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 21/2/2011 1:46:43 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

1. Yes. I found them fairly easy but I never encountered them until later on. Boone (another companion) was a great help, I got him early on.

2. I used the Cowboy Repeater nearly all the way through but there are weapons better suited to robots.

3. You get the chance of staying at a couple of places. My first pad was in Novac then you get a couple in the strip as well.

Cheers for that - I'm hoping I come across some better weapons when I get to the strip.  ED-E is a pretty good substitute for a house with storage at the moment.

I think I need to level up a bit before I try the Nightskins again, although maybe it's just a case of sussing out the most effective weapon for them.

I like the fact that so far, the side quests are a bit easier to stumble upon compared to Fallout 3.  Maybe it's because the map is a bit smaller.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 213
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 6/3/2011 5:36:02 PM   
Timon

Ok, I need help.

I've completed the game where I side with Yes Man and am redoing it from the Mr House/Platinum Chip confrontation.

Now the NCR are asking me to wipe out the Brotherhood chapter, but I don't want to do it. I go to the bunker and there is no option to make an alliance. I have made Hardin the head of the Order and I have no idea what to do from here. What do I do? I don't want to wipe out the Paladins...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 214
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 6/3/2011 5:49:11 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Ok, I need help.

I've completed the game where I side with Yes Man and am redoing it from the Mr House/Platinum Chip confrontation.

Now the NCR are asking me to wipe out the Brotherhood chapter, but I don't want to do it. I go to the bunker and there is no option to make an alliance. I have made Hardin the head of the Order and I have no idea what to do from here. What do I do? I don't want to wipe out the Paladins...

If you made Hardin the head of the chapter you have to wipe them out to side with the NCR. if you left whatsisface in charge you could have made an alliancde between the two sides.,

If you can't face shooting them in the face one by one, you can reprogramme the security turrets in the base. it's in the first room on the left as you go down the stairs on the way in.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 215
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 6/3/2011 11:53:14 PM   
Timon

Well, that's just a bit harsh isn't it for the NCR?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 216
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 4/5/2011 1:02:06 AM   
Pratt82

http://www.trueachievements.com/n3660/fallout-new-vegas-dlc-release-schedule.htm

Upcoming DLC info.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 217
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 18/5/2011 9:40:05 PM   
Super Hans

Right...can anyone advise me as to how I reach the Boomers in one piece??  I'm at the point on a couple of side missions where I need to get to them and I just get blown to shit everytime!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 218
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 18/5/2011 9:47:29 PM   
Olaf

You just have to run for it, really. I tried it numerous times trying to take cover, but stopping allows the lad with the Fat Man to get a good shot on you - stick roughly to the path and zig-zag left and right. And hope for the best 

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 219
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 18/5/2011 9:52:22 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

Right...can anyone advise me as to how I reach the Boomers in one piece??  I'm at the point on a couple of side missions where I need to get to them and I just get blown to shit everytime!

my method was a lot of trial and error, but basically involved

runrunrunrunrun
head to the right (toward the train tunnel) which allows you to pause in cover for a little bit. (restrestrestrestrestrest)
spam stimpacks, eat as much as you can.
brace yourself then....
runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun following the train tracks round until you get to the fence.

have a chat with the dudes at the front gate and get them to stop shooting at you.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 220
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 18/5/2011 10:03:35 PM   
Super Hans

Cool - sounds like I need to practice running like fuck then!  Might try that tomorrow night - just completed That Lucky Old Sun in this session.  Still not sure how to go about the Wildcard stuff - I'm cracking on with 'Side Bets' at the moment.  After I've levelled up a bit more (to at least 20 maybe) I think I'll make a decision and troop on with the main plot.

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 221
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 20/5/2011 12:03:32 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

I think 'Olaf' has nailed this one on the head! The guy you meet prior to entering the Boomers target range gives you info on which is the best way to get to them but it doesn't work. Something tells me he just likes seeing people get blown up!

Since the recently released 'patch' which had been noted by the developers after release also needed a patch itself.....has anybody experienced problems with freezing etc? I did after downloading the patch and I was just wondering if this had been fixed by another released patch?

Alot of 'patch' in there so I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 222
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 20/5/2011 8:16:25 PM   
Scott_

quote:

Pop some Turbo, it makes you run faster. I used about 10.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 223
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 21/5/2011 11:35:29 PM   
hairymonster11

Haven't played this since i completed it the second time, just felt i'd explored as much as i really wanted to. Found loads of secret weapons. Think i may get the DLC at some point but might wait untill i can get it all on one disc. Deathclaws still haunt my dreams

It smells like Gods Vagina

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 224
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 23/5/2011 2:55:05 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: hairymonster11

Haven't played this since i completed it the second time, just felt i'd explored as much as i really wanted to. Found loads of secret weapons. Think i may get the DLC at some point but might wait untill i can get it all on one disc. Deathclaws still haunt my dreams

Deathclaws need to learn when to 'die already'!!!!!

Taking them by suprise with a Sniper Rifle is the best way. It at least gives you time to run or pummel them before they get to you. Still, pain in the arse if you ask me.

(in reply to hairymonster11)
Post #: 225
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 27/5/2011 3:36:11 PM   
Timon

Completed this once already and was going to do it again for the Rangers (instead of myself) but it still keeps freezing on the PS3. It really is frustrating.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 226
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 27/5/2011 3:39:31 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: hairymonster11

Deathclaws need to learn when to 'die already'!!!!!

Taking them by suprise with a Sniper Rifle is the best way. It at least gives you time to run or pummel them before they get to you. Still, pain in the arse if you ask me.

If you've got the Wild Wasteland trait, two words. Alien blaster.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 227
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 27/5/2011 4:46:10 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Completed this once already and was going to do it again for the Rangers (instead of myself) but it still keeps freezing on the PS3. It really is frustrating.

I'm on the 360 and I too have been having problems with freezing/glitches, ever since they released a patch. Like I mention in a previous posting, I was wondering if anybody else was experiencing problems since the patch.

I did read that they were having to release another patch for the last patch they'd release because of these problems. Haven't played the game in so long I'm not aware of anything new released.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 228
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 27/5/2011 4:46:53 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

If you've got the Wild Wasteland trait, two words. Alien blaster.

Ahh, thankyou.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 229
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/5/2011 9:30:39 PM   
Super Hans

Made it to the Boomers!  Cheers for the advice guys.  Quite pleased now as it's opened up a bunch of side quests and allowed me to progress with 2 or 3 others ones on my list.  Completed a couple this evening, making it to level 19.  I'm half way to level 20 now so I think i'll try and finish all the side quests I can then make a decision on how to move the main quest forward. 

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 230
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 30/5/2011 1:26:43 PM   
Jammoy

I've been thinking of getting the DLC for New Vegas, but I'm unsure whether to wait until a GOTY edition comes out or if the DLC drops in price... is it worth getting just now, or to wait?

"If your life had a face, I would punch it."
- Kim Pine, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 231
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 31/5/2011 7:33:55 AM   
Pratt82

Simple answer................wait for the GOTY Edition. I've heard the DLC for New Vegas isn't great.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 31/5/2011 7:34:12 AM >

(in reply to Jammoy)
Post #: 232
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 1/6/2011 1:57:57 AM   
Jammoy

Cheers. I bought all the Fallout 3 DLC as soon as it came out, and apart from Broken Steel and Point Lookout, I regretted it.

"If your life had a face, I would punch it."
- Kim Pine, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 233
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 1/6/2011 7:19:43 PM   
Pratt82

Broken Steel was a good DLC I agree.

That reminds me, Fallout 3 needs to be played very soon by myself.............infact, now.

(in reply to Jammoy)
Post #: 234
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 17/6/2011 1:01:20 PM   
Super Hans

I've had a good couple of blasts on it this week - finished Volare and got the Boomers on my side and I'm not far off level 22 now.

I think I'm going to finish helping the Brotherhood of Steel before continuing with the main quest, but I'm having difficulties with Vault 22.  After a lot of wandering around, I managed to download the data required for the "Three Strands of Grass" side quest, but I'm having real problems finding what I need for the BoS - I just keep going round in circles and end up feeling really claustrophobic!  I got the elevator working and thought that was the answer but still can't find what I'm looking for.  Anyone have any tips?  At a glance, the IGN guide was less than helpful for this mission.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 235
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 18/6/2011 9:11:13 PM   
Super Hans

Managed to do thye Vault 22 thing but this game is starting to irritate me now - too many fucking choices within choices!! 

I decided to go with Me House, but now he wants me to find his bunker under fortification hill, which I'm not sure I can because I went  on  a bit of a massacre on the Legion!  Probably going to have to disable the house now am I?

Fallout 3 was a far better game.  Big and complex, but not confusing.  New Vegas is just way too much on too small a  canvas.  I've enjoyed the gameplay itself but in terms of how to go about the storyline, it's far too convoluted.  Don't want to quit at this stage but I will be glad to finish it.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 236
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 19/6/2011 6:06:23 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

Managed to do thye Vault 22 thing but this game is starting to irritate me now - too many fucking choices within choices!! 

I decided to go with Me House, but now he wants me to find his bunker under fortification hill, which I'm not sure I can because I went  on  a bit of a massacre on the Legion!  Probably going to have to disable the house now am I?

Fallout 3 was a far better game. Big and complex, but not confusing. New Vegas is just way too much on too small a canvas. I've enjoyed the gameplay itself but in terms of how to go about the storyline, it's far too convoluted. Don't want to quit at this stage but I will be glad to finish it.

I think you'll be ok getting to the underground bunker even though you've massacred the 'Legion'. You will just have to be extra careful whilst traveling through the territory that's all. Good perception is a must I suppose.

I have to agree with you on the above (bold), I have finished the game a couple of times with different sides/endings with only the Legion and Mr Houses way of doing things left to do and I am finding it hard to get back into this now I've finished it. Just doesn't have the same appeal as Fallout 3 which I loved and wouldn't think twice about playing again.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 19/6/2011 6:07:18 AM >

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 237
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 19/6/2011 10:29:32 AM   
Super Hans

quote:

quote:

Fallout 3 was a far better game. Big and complex, but not confusing. New Vegas is just way too much on too small a canvas. I've enjoyed the gameplay itself but in terms of how to go about the storyline, it's far too convoluted. Don't want to quit at this stage but I will be glad to finish it.

I think you'll be ok getting to the underground bunker even though you've massacred the 'Legion'. You will just have to be extra careful whilst traveling through the territory that's all. Good perception is a must I suppose.

I have to agree with you on the above (bold), I have finished the game a couple of times with different sides/endings with only the Legion and Mr Houses way of doing things left to do and I am finding it hard to get back into this now I've finished it. Just doesn't have the same appeal as Fallout 3 which I loved and wouldn't think twice about playing again.

Yeah, I've been thinking, it's kind of like Thorpe Park to Fallout 3's Alton Towers!

Do you have to get the boat across to where Caeser is to find the bunker?  Not sure whether I shot the fucker who does that when I freed the slaves or not.  Apart from that, I'm level 23 and got Cass so should hopefully fare OK on the figthing front.  However, does doing the Mr House route mean I'm helping the legion?  Dont' really wanna have owt to do with them (well they hate me anyway...) but going with Yes man, the game say's I'll upset the NCR and they've been a consisent ally so don't want to do that really....

Should be an interesting end to the game anyhoo, in the midst of the confusing choices, I unwittingly approved of the Omertas' plan to kill everyone on the strip.  Whoops!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 238
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 19/6/2011 3:23:31 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Yeah, I've been thinking, it's kind of like Thorpe Park to Fallout 3's Alton Towers!

Do you have to get the boat across to where Caeser is to find the bunker?  Not sure whether I shot the fucker who does that when I freed the slaves or not.  Apart from that, I'm level 23 and got Cass so should hopefully fare OK on the figthing front.  However, does doing the Mr House route mean I'm helping the legion?  Dont' really wanna have owt to do with them (well they hate me anyway...) but going with Yes man, the game say's I'll upset the NCR and they've been a consisent ally so don't want to do that really....

Should be an interesting end to the game anyhoo, in the midst of the confusing choices, I unwittingly approved of the Omertas' plan to kill everyone on the strip.  Whoops!

Oh now your asking...........I don't want to give any spoilers away so apologise if I do. If I remember rightly, 'Yes Man' will upset the NCR and the Legion aswel. I think at a certain point in the 'Yes Man' missions, you get 2 notes in your mission list, 1 saying if you carry on down this route you will be outcasted by the Legion and made a swarn enemy and I think the same message about the NCR.

I upset the NCR to a point where they could attack me on site but because I'd done good for them they gave me a second chance to change my ways. A group of NCR, including RANGERS with the Trenchcoats came out of nowhere and had a word with me, then ran off. I heeded the warning lets just say that.

And yes to your question about the 'Bunker'. You do have to enter the Legion Base to get to the Bunker. I can't recall how you get there if you've upset them to a point they hate you and want to kill you though.

Mr House missions.............I don't think I've done them ones yet. I killed him and replaced him with 'Yes Man'.

It's been a while since I last played the game so I could be alittle off with some of the thing I've mentioned but will be going back to it sometime soon. Also want to mop up the achievements on Fallout 3 which I will enjoy doing.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 19/6/2011 3:25:33 PM >

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 239
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 19/6/2011 4:55:45 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

quote:

Oh now your asking...........I don't want to give any spoilers away so apologise if I do. If I remember rightly, 'Yes Man' will upset the NCR and the Legion aswel. I think at a certain point in the 'Yes Man' missions, you get 2 notes in your mission list, 1 saying if you carry on down this route you will be outcasted by the Legion and made a swarn enemy and I think the same message about the NCR.

I upset the NCR to a point where they could attack me on site but because I'd done good for them they gave me a second chance to change my ways. A group of NCR, including RANGERS with the Trenchcoats came out of nowhere and had a word with me, then ran off. I heeded the warning lets just say that.

And yes to your question about the 'Bunker'. You do have to enter the Legion Base to get to the Bunker. I can't recall how you get there if you've upset them to a point they hate you and want to kill you though.

Mr House missions.............I don't think I've done them ones yet. I killed him and replaced him with 'Yes Man'.

It's been a while since I last played the game so I could be alittle off with some of the thing I've mentioned but will be going back to it sometime soon. Also want to mop up the achievements on Fallout 3 which I will enjoy doing.

Confusing isn't it!

Cheers for the pointers mate - I think I'll go back down to the Legion camp and see if I can get across.  Either way I'm sure I'll finish it somehow!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Fallout: New Vegas Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI