Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fallout: New Vegas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Fallout: New Vegas Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 27/11/2010 12:29:25 PM   
Olaf

I do believe there is a new patch on the way soon, judging by some of the posts on the forum. Presumably before the DLC comes out?

Also, level cap is being raised: http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/articles/news/2015/Dead-Money-Raises-Level-Cap (still no playing after the endgame though, grrr.)

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 151
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 27/11/2010 8:15:17 PM   
the anomaly

I'm going to try and play this weekend. If I don't like it and sending it back to lovefilm. 

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 152
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/12/2010 3:05:40 AM   
Olaf

Don't know if anyone's still playing this, but a big massive patch got released today for PS3. Hoping the 360 update is here before I have to go home for Christmas where I have next to no internet connection 

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 153
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 12/12/2010 3:19:36 PM   
Chief

Patch details:

http://www.made2game.com/xbox-360/fallout-new-vegas-patch-detailed/

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 154
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 20/12/2010 9:38:09 PM   
Pratt82

Arrived today.

Only got through the start where your patched up by the doc and get to choose skills etc. Also asked me if I wanted to play on Hardcore Mode which I accepted as I'm looking at getting the achievement first playthrough.

Anybody playing this on Hardcore? Was just wondering how difficult it actual is on this mode? I read that even ammo has weight, interesting. Found a bench, (not the weapons bench) but it looks to me like you can make ammo......am I right?

Well I'm undecided whether to mop up Fallout 3 achievements first before playing this or jump straight into this game.....hmmmm, decisions decisions....

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 155
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 21/12/2010 8:52:38 AM   
Chief

I've just started playing this too. Not on hardcore mode though, I'm no trophy whore .

Probably played about 7 hours and about level 7. Really enjoying it. Seem to be getting my arse kicked a fair bit by wildlife. I can take out gangs of humans okay (nailed a bunch of Legionnaires earlier) but can't seem to kill Giant Radscorpions or Cazadors. Still plenty time to level up.

*** Wee Spoilers ***

Just done the mission to recruit Boone. Loved the whole investigation bit but I also like the fact that I could have led any unsuspecting soul out there to get tagged by Boone. I never though, I chose to do it properly and expose the bitch that done it.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 156
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 21/12/2010 8:55:23 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

Arrived today.

Only got through the start where your patched up by the doc and get to choose skills etc. Also asked me if I wanted to play on Hardcore Mode which I accepted as I'm looking at getting the achievement first playthrough.

Anybody playing this on Hardcore? Was just wondering how difficult it actual is on this mode? I read that even ammo has weight, interesting. Found a bench, (not the weapons bench) but it looks to me like you can make ammo......am I right?

Well I'm undecided whether to mop up Fallout 3 achievements first before playing this or jump straight into this game.....hmmmm, decisions decisions....

Don't bother with Hardcore. I was enjoying the extra challenge at first. But then I just got bored of it. If this is your first Fallout just give it a play through I'd say.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 157
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 21/12/2010 5:50:38 PM   
Rod Hull

The Dead Money DLC is now on Live (800 points). Just started having a mosey around, bloody creepy so far!

Not with the pastry!

Post #: 158
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 21/12/2010 8:32:34 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Arrived today.

Don't bother with Hardcore. I was enjoying the extra challenge at first. But then I just got bored of it. If this is your first Fallout just give it a play through I'd say.

I'm not finding it that hard to be honest. Just headed into Pemms or Pimms (whatever ) and found some soldiers which I stole some armour from. Seems to be doing the trick for now. Apart from my blindness to MINES!

Think I'll carry on with Hardcore as I am a whore (Chief ) and probably won't want to go through the whole game again to get this one achievement. Just has a shootout with some gang who were looking for a guy called Ringo. WE WIN!

Liking it so far, but obviously haven't experienced trying to deal with big heavy guns and lots of ammo yet.

Can anybody tell me what I'm meant to do with items like (firing pin, gunpowder, magnum casings etc?) Am I right in thinking you need certain things to make certain ammo just like when your at a campfire and want to make healing powder etc?

Can't believe they've released DLC already. First things first, hold your horses and let me get the game finished first.

Post #: 159
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 22/12/2010 12:03:30 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arrived today.

I'm not finding it that hard to be honest. Just headed into Pemms or Pimms (whatever ) and found some soldiers which I stole some armour from. Seems to be doing the trick for now. Apart from my blindness to MINES!

I just found Hardcore rather pointless. It's doesn't ramp up the difficulty so much as make thing's more of a chore. If you've got the time go for it. I just found it a let down.

Think I'll carry on with Hardcore as I am a whore (Chief ) and probably won't want to go through the whole game again to get this one achievement. Just has a shootout with some gang who were looking for a guy called Ringo. WE WIN!

Liking it so far, but obviously haven't experienced trying to deal with big heavy guns and lots of ammo yet.

Can anybody tell me what I'm meant to do with items like (firing pin, gunpowder, magnum casings etc?) Am I right in thinking you need certain things to make certain ammo just like when your at a campfire and want to make healing powder etc?

Yep. You can make ammo etc with those little thing's. With other other items you can make weapons etc too.

Can't believe they've released DLC already. First things first, hold your horses and let me get the game finished first.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 160
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 22/12/2010 9:13:21 PM   
Pratt82

Think I've got the hang of things with the works-benches. I wasn't aware that Hardcore didn't make it any harder and challenging.

I suppose after a while when you need more ammo for the bigger enemies it will be alittle difficult as ammo now has weight but I'm sure I'll get by. Theres a perk anyway which makes items over a certain weight, half of what they are. Plus theres another which makes you able to carry more stuff so I'll just make sure I get them.

Keeping an eye on your water/food/sleep is alittle bit of a pain sometimes. It came up after I had rested for 8hrs telling me I was de-hydrated......oops. Also, if you get a crippled limb, stimpaks/food etc don't cure it. You have to use a doctors bag or see an actual doctor. Saying that, you meet one in the first scene of the game so I will just fast travel to there and see him.

Note to self: MUST REMEMBER TO SAVE REGULARLY.

Post #: 161
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 23/12/2010 10:03:46 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

Think I've got the hang of things with the works-benches. I wasn't aware that Hardcore didn't make it any harder and challenging.

I suppose after a while when you need more ammo for the bigger enemies it will be alittle difficult as ammo now has weight but I'm sure I'll get by. Theres a perk anyway which makes items over a certain weight, half of what they are. Plus theres another which makes you able to carry more stuff so I'll just make sure I get them.

Keeping an eye on your water/food/sleep is alittle bit of a pain sometimes. It came up after I had rested for 8hrs telling me I was de-hydrated......oops. Also, if you get a crippled limb, stimpaks/food etc don't cure it. You have to use a doctors bag or see an actual doctor. Saying that, you meet one in the first scene of the game so I will just fast travel to there and see him.

Note to self: MUST REMEMBER TO SAVE REGULARLY.

Well it does but just not in the standard way. You can turn the difficulty up if you want. In Fallout 3 this used to give you more XP for everything. Not sure if it still does it now. No achievement for completing it on hard though as far as I know.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 162
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 23/12/2010 10:11:19 AM   
Chief

There's a loading message that says you can increase difficulty but there won't be an increase in XP. I'm quite happy with the difficulty level as it is. Hardcore just sounds like a pain in the arse!

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 163
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 23/12/2010 5:39:50 PM   
Rod Hull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

There's a loading message that says you can increase difficulty but there won't be an increase in XP. I'm quite happy with the difficulty level as it is. Hardcore just sounds like a pain in the arse!

It is a pain in the arse, but not that tricky for the Achievement really. Just take take Boone and Rex with you everywhere and make sure you have plenty of food and water. And I'd avoid all cazadors until your at least a level 20 or so: they're tough little critters!

In other news, finished off Dead Money today. Well worth the 800 points, very atmospheric and some great characters.

Not with the pastry!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 164
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 24/12/2010 5:09:57 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Well it does but just not in the standard way. You can turn the difficulty up if you want. In Fallout 3 this used to give you more XP for everything. Not sure if it still does it now. No achievement for completing it on hard though as far as I know.

There's an achievements for 'Completing from Start to Finish on Hardcore without changing the difficulty' so I might aswell get it first time round.

Just mopping up the last few achievements on Fallout 3 at the moment. Might aswell get this out of the way before really getting into New Vegas.

Post #: 165
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 29/12/2010 7:59:11 AM   
Pratt82

So glad they have done away with the 'Karma Achievements' from Fallout 3, there the buggers I'm having to go back to now as you can't be Good, Bad and Neutral at the same time! (obviously)

Loving New Vegas! Still hating MUTANT!

Haven't even got to the Vegas Strip yet so looking forward to seeing what it's all about. I find sticking with some of the Patrols or even the Caravan Traders when travelling the roads to unseen location alittle easier as they'll help against creatures, raiders etc.

Liking the different gangs in this one. Even the 'Brotherhood of Steel' have been mentioned so here's hoping they make an appearence.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 166
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 7/1/2011 10:47:02 AM   
Chief

Absolutely loving this game. Done about 25 hours, level 19/20. Wee question, how many endings are there?

*SPOILERS*
I've pretty much aligned myself with the NCR but I'm currently running errands for the Yes Man robot (Killed Big Sal & Nero and just murdered a bunch of cannibals). Will they interfere with each other?

Going to stop the Strip missions soon anyway to get some more exploring and side quests done, that's the beauty of this game.

Oh, and me and Boone have been like BFF's for like ages.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 167
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 7/1/2011 10:23:42 PM   
Pratt82

I'm loving my 'Cowboy Repeater' at the moment. Uses 'Magnum' bullets and packs a punch if you manage to get a sneak attack.

Just got into the Main Vegas Strip and spoke to afew people. Must have about 12 missions to do though. lol

Looking forward to Monday so I can get back to this.......oh the wait, it's killing me! lol

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 168
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 8/1/2011 4:23:03 PM   
Rod Hull

quote:

Absolutely loving this game. Done about 25 hours, level 19/20. Wee question, how many endings are there?

*SPOILERS*
I've pretty much aligned myself with the NCR but I'm currently running errands for the Yes Man robot (Killed Big Sal & Nero and just murdered a bunch of cannibals). Will they interfere with each other?

Going to stop the Strip missions soon anyway to get some more exploring and side quests done, that's the beauty of this game.

*SPOILERS*

There are four endings, one for each faction. However, the end credits will depend on which missions you completed and how (for instance how you dealt with the Nightkins in Jacobsville). A few of the Yes Man and NCR missions are pretty much the same til the final scrap, then you have to allign yourself with a certain faction. Bumping off Big Sal is a requisite of both though, and you'll know if you've scuppered your chances with one of them as the Mission Failed sign comes up.

If you want to complete each ending individualy (the legion one made me feel dirty) I'd do the Boomers mission and Brotherhood of Steel bunker ones first and then save and use this as your starting point for each of the final missions. Both of these are are needed for each faction, but if you do this you'll have to wipe out the Brotherhood as they don't get on. Also bear in mind that the game finishes after the final scrap, there's no chance for further wandering about, as in the Mass Effects and Fables of this world.

Not with the pastry!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 169
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 8:12:08 AM   
Timon

Loving it so far, but don't like how you get an 'Skill' every other Level Up.

Just got on The Strip, but doing most of the side quests. Did anyone else let the NCR monorail blow up? Didn't mean too, but it set off just as I arrived to defuse the bomb.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rod Hull)
Post #: 170
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 9:04:15 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rod Hull

quote:

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS*

There are four endings, one for each faction. However, the end credits will depend on which missions you completed and how (for instance how you dealt with the Nightkins in Jacobsville). A few of the Yes Man and NCR missions are pretty much the same til the final scrap, then you have to allign yourself with a certain faction. Bumping off Big Sal is a requisite of both though, and you'll know if you've scuppered your chances with one of them as the Mission Failed sign comes up.

If you want to complete each ending individualy (the legion one made me feel dirty) I'd do the Boomers mission and Brotherhood of Steel bunker ones first and then save and use this as your starting point for each of the final missions. Both of these are are needed for each faction, but if you do this you'll have to wipe out the Brotherhood as they don't get on. Also bear in mind that the game finishes after the final scrap, there's no chance for further wandering about, as in the Mass Effects and Fables of this world.

Not arsed for all of the endings. Done the BoS missions, now I'm doing stuff for The Great Khans & The Legion. Will take care of these before I hunt out the NCR missions.

Still got a fair bit of exploring to do. Took out a pile of Deathclaws (actually felt a bit sad shooting the babies ) perched up high with my Ghobi sniper rifle while Boone ran about as bait.

I've been rocking the Cowboy Repeater since the start too. Seems to be a decent all round weapon. Pimped it out for faster shots too, wouldn't mind a scope or something for a bit of distance though.

(in reply to Rod Hull)
Post #: 171
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 9:25:41 AM   
Rod Hull

quote:

I've been rocking the Cowboy Repeater since the start too. Seems to be a decent all round weapon. Pimped it out for faster shots too, wouldn't mind a scope or something for a bit of distance though.

My weapon of choice for most of the game was "Pushy", a nice custom displacer glove I found in some mine or cave. Pretty much one punch kill on everyone except bosses and deathclaws.

Not with the pastry!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 172
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 9:32:29 AM   
Chief

I've picked up a fair few unique melee weapons but I just can't be arsed getting that close to people. MIght need to though. I've done the 10,000 damage with ballistics & energy weapons. Still need to do it with melee & explosives and I feel I might be running out of time and enemies.

** SPOLIER **
I'm actually regretting my meeting with Caeser, I should have just went in with Boone and fucked them all up.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 173
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 10:27:51 AM   
Rod Hull

quote:

I've picked up a fair few unique melee weapons but I just can't be arsed getting that close to people. MIght need to though. I've done the 10,000 damage with ballistics & energy weapons. Still need to do it with melee & explosives and I feel I might be running out of time and enemies.

** SPOLIER **
I'm actually regretting my meeting with Caeser, I should have just went in with Boone and fucked them all up.

Boone's a cool companion, spent the majority of the game with him and Rex. What with his sharp shooting and Rex's enemy spotting perks, we were pretty invincable. The 10,000 damage didn't take me too long, but then I was punching Deadclaws to get it.

Not with the pastry!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 174
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 10:43:17 AM   
Chief

Where did you find Rex? I've been offered another couple of companions but they're both human and I didn't want to ditch Boone.

And, punching Deathclaws? How? I get killed in 3 hits (and I'm wearing power armour).

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 175
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 11:19:20 AM   
Rod Hull

quote:

Where did you find Rex? I've been offered another couple of companions but they're both human and I didn't want to ditch Boone.

And, punching Deathclaws? How? I get killed in 3 hits (and I'm wearing power armour).

Do the missions for the Kings in Fresside. So long as they like you at the end, the King will give you Rex. Then you have to find him a new brain, but that's another story....

As for punching deathclaws, having Boone with you helps as he tends to wipe out any other ones. I tended to punch them in VATS as well, then the Mysterious Stranger often helped me out.

< Message edited by Rod Hull -- 10/1/2011 11:20:22 AM >

Not with the pastry!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 176
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 2:57:02 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rod Hull

quote:

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS*

Yea Caesar's missions left me feeling that way too.  I would have at least liked a decent reward like a kingdom and some slaves or something along those lines....

SPOILERS

Re the BoS, if you are trying to complete the NCR missions, there is a way you can make a truce with the BoS and not have to wipe them out.  I completed all the BoS missions first and then there was an option to make a truce.   The NCR dont like that approach but fuck 'em, BoS are old school Fallout 3

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Rod Hull)
Post #: 177
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 3:27:09 PM   
Rod Hull

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

SPOILERS

Re the BoS, if you are trying to complete the NCR missions, there is a way you can make a truce with the BoS and not have to wipe them out. I completed all the BoS missions first and then there was an option to make a truce. The NCR dont like that approach but fuck 'em, BoS are old school Fallout 3

I tried the Switzerland approach and fannied about helping that BoS leader, but once I'd completed that quest it said I'd failed the NCR endgame. Unless I did something else on the way that vilified the NCR against me. Pissed in Colonel Moore's tea or something, perhaps.

Not with the pastry!

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 178
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 3:40:35 PM   
Chief

I've not done the NCR missions yet. Where do I find them?

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 179
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 10/1/2011 6:13:08 PM   
Rod Hull

quote:

I've not done the NCR missions yet. Where do I find them?

Once you've tracked down Benny at the Tops casino and completed the Ring-A-Ding-Ding quest, you'll be approached by an NCR chap (and a legion one as well I think) and they'll set you on the path toward the NCR endgame via the NCR Amabassador in The Strip. If the NCR think you're a prick you probably won't get approached though, so go off and be nice to the rangers for a bit.

Not with the pastry!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Fallout: New Vegas Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI