Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fallout: New Vegas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Fallout: New Vegas Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 2:36:15 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Up to level 13 and trying to decide which endgame I want (the "Wild Card" one is tempting). Will probably set a new save point and do all of them anyway at some point. Not rushing it though, just exploring at the moment. (question for anyone who's completed That Lucky Old Sun: did you blow Fantastic's head off as well? If so, how did you manage to stop yourself?)

Also, the giant mutated wasps are the single most annoying thing in the whole game. Fact. [insert your own awful joke about bugs here]

Not a chance. Fucking Deathclaws man. I just got wiped, loads of times off a group of about 8 of them including an Alpha Male Deathclaw and a Mother Deathclaw. I'm currently level 22, I'll go back to that mission when I find a decent weapon (the weapons are shit compared to Fallout 3).

Gimme a Cazador anyday of the week.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 91
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 3:02:05 AM   
Olaf

Well, that goes without saying of course I've mostly managed to avoid the Deathclaws so far (with one or two unfortunate incidents aside), while my current mapping of the Red Rock Canyon has been infested with the fecking Cazadors. Does anyone know if the dart gun is back? Please say yes.

Also:
quote:

a group of about 8 of them

?!?!?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 92
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 11:49:42 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Well, that goes without saying of course I've mostly managed to avoid the Deathclaws so far (with one or two unfortunate incidents aside), while my current mapping of the Red Rock Canyon has been infested with the fecking Cazadors. Does anyone know if the dart gun is back? Please say yes.

I've yet to see one or a single dart so I doubt it .

quote:

Also:
quote:

a group of about 8 of them

?!?!?

There's a mission where you have to clean out a quarry that's infested with them. And I mean fucking infested. The 8 or so that kept kicking my arse were reached after I'd already killed about 10 or so of the bastards. Even Boone does next to no damage to the feckers.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 93
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 3:38:20 PM   
SWOTBM

Got me five followers now.  I like Cass the best, she has a good side ques, pretty handy in a fight and makes some good one-liners. 

Her quest also lead me to one of my proudest moments thus far: Van Graff+Stealth Boy=WIN  (Hope other people had the same idea )

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

Post #: 94
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 3:44:14 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Got me five followers now.  I like Cass the best, she has a good side ques, pretty handy in a fight and makes some good one-liners. 

Her quest also lead me to one of my proudest moments thus far: Van Graff+Stealth Boy=WIN  (Hope other people had the same idea )

I sold Cass out to the Van Graffs after I completed her mission (In which I exposed the Van Graffs) .

Boone's sniper rifle has been broken or lost. He won't equip another weapon apart from a machete so he's pretty much dead to me now .

I'm still finding the lack of decent weapons to be a problem. On Fallout 3 I had some absolutely kick ass weapons that never even got used because I had better ones. Things like the Lincoln Repeater, The Android Plasma Rifle (I forget it's proper name) etc. So far in this my most powerful weapon is a 12.3mm sub machine gun which I only have 26 bullets for .

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 95
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 3:56:19 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Boone's sniper rifle has been broken or lost. He won't equip another weapon apart from a machete so he's pretty much dead to me now .

I'm still finding the lack of decent weapons to be a problem. On Fallout 3 I had some absolutely kick ass weapons that never even got used because I had better ones. Things like the Lincoln Repeater, The Android Plasma Rifle (I forget it's proper name) etc. So far in this my most powerful weapon is a 12.3mm sub machine gun which I only have 26 bullets for .

Have you accidently switched Boone to melee?  I did the same thing recently; the inventory tab is right next to the melee/ranged option and I must have left it like that for a good five hours before realising

The weapons are a problem for me too, hoping I can get some better weapons later on and increase my guns/energy weapons stats.  But I think they also want us to use the different ammo varities more; using hollow points/armour piercing can make mediocre weapons quite effective (I'm currently using the .44 Magnum, with mods and ammo it's rather awesome )

Post #: 96
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 4:09:58 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Have you accidently switched Boone to melee?  I did the same thing recently; the inventory tab is right next to the melee/ranged option and I must have left it like that for a good five hours before realising

The weapons are a problem for me too, hoping I can get some better weapons later on and increase my guns/energy weapons stats.  But I think they also want us to use the different ammo varities more; using hollow points/armour piercing can make mediocre weapons quite effective (I'm currently using the .44 Magnum, with mods and ammo it's rather awesome )

Nope, I've got him set to gun and ranged. He actually carries the gun around with him except it's not in his inventory and he's stopped using it. He just swaps to machete as soon as he sees anyone and runs towards them slashing like a lunatic. I may have to send him home and then go get him again, see what effect that has.

Anyone used Lily yet?

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 97
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 4:37:48 PM   
Souljahsstory

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, I've got him set to gun and ranged. He actually carries the gun around with him except it's not in his inventory and he's stopped using it. He just swaps to machete as soon as he sees anyone and runs towards them slashing like a lunatic. I may have to send him home and then go get him again, see what effect that has.

Anyone used Lily yet?

Maybe he ran out of ammo? I'm constantly giving him new weapons and ammo to keep him stocked up.

Post #: 98
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 5:20:40 PM   
Olaf

quote:

I'd agree with this, though I've bought a grenade launcher/machine gun dealie from Nick (Ralph?) which is incredible when I have the ammo for it. Of course, ammo is distressingly rare for it. Will have to start making my own. And the Incinerator is suprisingly nifty when you sneak up on someone and get a Sneak Attack Critical. I seem to use it more as a big flaming sniper rifle than an actual assault option, odd.

Also, I finally got me a (sadly short-lived) companion. I was bringing Rex to get his brain sorted out when Fiends beset us with laser weapons. He never stood a chance.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 28/10/2010 5:23:00 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Post #: 99
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 28/10/2010 6:35:08 PM   
thepluginbaby

There was never a man like my johnny...

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 100
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 29/10/2010 12:47:23 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

There was never a man like my johnny...

I must say that the lack of a dart gun is unforgivable considering I've yet to come across a lone Deathclaw. They seem to travel in packs of 5 or more. I got pummeled earlier on by a pack of fecking BLIND Deathclaws ffs, it's ridiculously hard. Nothing I have in my arsenal can take them down before they gang up on me and wipe me in a couple of seconds. Not even Boone and Rex can save my ass.

On the plus side it seems that after a quick reload that Boone's got his sniper rifle back. I've finished Boone's story now, pretty deep considering (quite a bit of dialogue developed over the course of a few hours and a new quest opened up eventually, as I'd suspected). He's now got a natty piece of armor to match his beret and he seems to kick even more arse (apart from Deathclaws).

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 29/10/2010 12:48:13 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 101
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 29/10/2010 10:09:00 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I'm level 18 now and still haven't made it to the strip yet. Only just discovered freeside. Still loving it. Although the slightly limoited amount of sonmgs on the rasdio was starting to grate so i turned it off. Also had one glitchy moment where the display of pip boy turned bright glowinjg green so i couldnt even make out anything on it. A quick reload later and everything was fine.

Anyone checked out Vault 22 yet? pretty cool

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 102
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 29/10/2010 2:33:27 PM   
thepluginbaby

Had an epic stint yesterday. Came across Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel. Joygasm! Also fighting my way through vault 34. I'm out of RadAways and stimpacks and am experiencing dangerous levels of radiation sickness. Still haven't made it to The Strip yet and there are getting to be so many different factions I don't know who I'm going to side with... Certainly won't be Caesar's Legion though. On the whole, I love the writing and all the grey areas regarding moral choices.

Has anyone worked out how to make ammunition yet? How do you make hollow point and armour piercing? I've got a lot of 9mm ammo that I don't need anymore.

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 103
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 30/10/2010 3:28:54 AM   
SWOTBM

Came across the BoS too.  I love the faction system in this game, whereas before in Fallout 3 I didnt much care for the BoS I now really like them compared to those NCR bastards 

Anyone else used melee weapons?  I started using that Bumper sword (that most Nightkin/Super Mutants use) and it is really effective against insects, fiends and basically all low to medium HP characters.  It has a sort of stun property too because it can interupt enemies attacks, I think it might be caused by the constant crippling effects that it deals.  For high HP characters I am currently favouring the Mutliplas rifle which I ''liberated'' from the Van Graffs.  It's not really a rifle, more of a shotgun and once it was fully repaired (those weapon repair kits you can create are a life saver btw ) it made short work of the muties on Black Mountain

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 104
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 30/10/2010 2:10:31 PM   
Scott_

I use Nephis Golf Driver on the rare occasion an enemy gets close otherwise I use a silenced Sniper Rifle and can usually 1 shot everything, even those peskey Deathclaws and because it's silenced none it's little friends can hear me shooting so I can pick them off before they ever know I'm there.

Sniper Rifle + Ist Recon Beret + Better Criticals perk = Death Machine.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 105
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 30/10/2010 5:18:57 PM   
Olaf

The fire axe is one of the most useful weapons I've found, which is strange as I almost never used melee weapons in F3 beyond the baseball bat at the start. Must be down to the (mostly) useless guns. I do love my modded .357 magnum with the long barrel though.

Killing Driver Nephi was one of my favourite moments so far - I had no idea where the 1st recon snipers had set up, so I tried taking him on at first. Head crippled with the first blow so I started running (in no particular direction), and then just as he's literally about to finish me off bullets start flying into him. I turn around and they're all there. Amazing timing.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 106
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 31/10/2010 1:35:53 PM   
MarcE

Level 11 now.

Done My Kind of Town, recruited Mayers to be the sherriff. Done the side quest Booted, Headed over to the Strip and got the suite, then went back to Freeside and did all the side quests. Recruiting the hookers was a bi of a ballache due to Freeside's maze like layout and the loading times. Done a few unmarked quests at Camp McCarran too, thats also maze like!

Just need better science so I can finish Lucky Old Sun. Done the terminals, took me a few goes to get around the vicious dogs as the NCR turn hostile!

Not sure what to do next, don't want to do the Strip quests just yet so may go exploring.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 107
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 31/10/2010 2:27:57 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I'm on the verge of completing my first playthrough now. Just turned level 30 and I've had a message come up telling me to finish any business I have before doing the next story mission. I've saved it at a point where I should be able to get 2 of the endings by going back and doing a few things different.

On a fucking whoop de doo note I finally managed to kill the Alpha Mother and Father Deathclaws at the Quarry. A combination of me being on a roof where they couldn't reach me + Gauss Rifle + Heavy Incinerator = WIN for the courier. Fuck yeah

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to MarcE)
Post #: 108
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 31/10/2010 5:09:02 PM   
MarcE

Just finished That Lucky Old Sun, and levelled up to 12.

Post #: 109
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 31/10/2010 5:21:52 PM   
Fit Kisto

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Review from Gamespot. Not quite as warm as other ones I've seen - they even describe F:NV as a 'technological mess'.

Not wrong, my Xbox 360 copy crashed about 10 times on me today, mostly around the Hoover Dam Arizona Killer mission. The crashes were set off by so many factors: having more than 4 enemies on screen, using VATS and even when I pressed the d-pad. Its just terrible to have to play through a game this broken, hoping against hope that it won't crash for some arbitrary reason.

Is there any precedent for people actually getting their money back for a game that was not ready for release? At the moment Bethesda should be considering a major patch, if not a recall.

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 110
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 31/10/2010 10:12:52 PM   
Chief Wiggum

have to say I am loving this game - I've finished levelling and am wandering around looking for side quests before choosing which of two factions I will be finishing with.

highlights so far...

recruiting the sexbot and noticing his name
mick and ralphs extras

I've noticed that the Modded sniper rifle is stupidly overpowered - had no trouble with the deathclaws at the quarry,until I ran out of ammo

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 111
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 31/10/2010 11:33:01 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Finished it today, got the NCR ending and then went back and got the Independent Vegas ending.

I must admit to being a bit pissed off that it's game over after you complete it, I'd have thought that a lesson would have been learnt after Fallout 3.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 112
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 1/11/2010 3:15:42 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fit Kisto

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Review from Gamespot. Not quite as warm as other ones I've seen - they even describe F:NV as a 'technological mess'.

Not wrong, my Xbox 360 copy crashed about 10 times on me today, mostly around the Hoover Dam Arizona Killer mission. The crashes were set off by so many factors: having more than 4 enemies on screen, using VATS and even when I pressed the d-pad. Its just terrible to have to play through a game this broken, hoping against hope that it won't crash for some arbitrary reason.

Is there any precedent for people actually getting their money back for a game that was not ready for release? At the moment Bethesda should be considering a major patch, if not a recall.

No game of this size will ever be released without bugs.  Fact.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 113
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 1/11/2010 5:37:49 PM   
Stevie91

i encountered a HUUUGE glitch the other day....walked out of a building, and all of a sudden there was no movement when i used the right thumbstick so i couldnt aim or turn. i had to reload a save 2 hours before and replay it all. so save regularly!

another big mistake i found was on 'that lucky old sun' quest at helios one - if you chose to overload it, talk to the scientist (ignacio rivas) and tell him you overloaded it, you get your reward and xp. the thing is you can repeat this conversation and get 350 xp every time you do so. i only did it a few times to make sure this was actually happening

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 114
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 1/11/2010 6:16:59 PM   
Scott_

I've not had a single glitch yet. Fallout 3 ran really smoothly for me aswell...I still save every 30 seconds just in case though.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Stevie91)
Post #: 115
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 1/11/2010 6:32:38 PM   
Olaf

Yeah, it hasn't glitched on me yet either aside from freezing on one occasion. I keep getting paranoid after looking at the list of bugs though.
Still just wandering about before going into the ending missions, there's still a good third or so of the map I haven't even touched yet. Being fisted by a robot was a vaguely surreal highlight

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 116
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 1/11/2010 7:11:09 PM   
Stevie91

quote:

Being fisted by a robot was a vaguely surreal highlight

hahaha yeah the name FISTO doesn't leave much to the imagination, made me laugh aswell

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 117
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 1/11/2010 8:26:06 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stevie91

quote:

Being fisted by a robot was a vaguely surreal highlight

hahaha yeah the name FISTO doesn't leave much to the imagination, made me laugh aswell

The best bit was the casino owners reaction when you inform him that you found a sexbot.  Absolutely priceless, genuine LOL moment. 

(in reply to Stevie91)
Post #: 118
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 3/11/2010 3:37:29 PM   
Edge

I know this is slightly off topic - but after a long time of owning I have now started playing the original fallout 3.

Does anyone know if I went out and bought the GOTY edition would is still pick up on my save games or would I be starting from scratch and best off paying for the more expensive DLC?

I am playing it on the PS 3 - any help on this would be appreciated

Thanks

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 119
RE: Fallout: New Vegas - 3/11/2010 6:31:30 PM   
Stevie91

yeah you can continue from your saves, the GOTY edition is just the game with the DLC already installed

(in reply to Edge)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Fallout: New Vegas Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI