Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Page: <<   < prev  31 32 33 34 [35]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 5/11/2013 3:05:00 PM   
sroey

Check this out...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/436743/call-of-duty-ghosts-current-versus-next-gen-comparison-video/

Current gen holds up pretty well if you ask me. PS4 looks sharp but the visuals as a whole are a bit 'meh'.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 1021
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 5/11/2013 7:06:12 PM   
James2183

only managed to play the Mp for about an hour before the servers went down

From the brief go I had it was okay. Harder to get killstreaks as the maps are huge and some of the spawn spots are pretty dodgy.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 1022
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 5/11/2013 8:07:43 PM   
Moorish

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Check this out...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/436743/call-of-duty-ghosts-current-versus-next-gen-comparison-video/

Current gen holds up pretty well if you ask me. PS4 looks sharp but the visuals as a whole are a bit 'meh'.

Hmm, when new consoles come out, it takes a bit of time for developers to get the msot ou of the hardware (look at GTA5 as a peak for example). But I think it looks OK...

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 1023
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 6/11/2013 5:32:03 PM   
James2183

The omission of Spec Ops is bloody annoying. I don't want to play zombies or horde

Good points so far
Varied perk system
Less air support
Sliding is pretty good
Maps are larger (which is a slight problem on 360 with 6v6 but will be good for ground war on next gen)

Bad points
Spawn system is the worst I've seen in a CoD game. I've lost count of the amount of times enemies have spawned directly behind me, or spawned right in front of me.
Although the maps are big they're all very generic
The buying of weapons and perks is shit.
Same as kitting out individual characters - nobody is going to play the clan wars with these AI.
Most perks are pretty crap now - particularly the SAT COM.
Sound design is extremely poor - most guns all sound the same and you don't get a sense of hitting someone like you did in MW3.

< Message edited by James2183 -- 6/11/2013 6:13:49 PM >

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 1024
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 7/11/2013 12:22:03 AM   
Lang

There seems to be room for more game modes to be added in the selection but i think that's just me being hopeful

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1025
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 8/11/2013 11:37:01 AM   
James2183

Couldn't even last for a full prestige, traded it in for Assassins Creed instead. The spawn system is royally buggered and ruins any flow a game has. You either die and spawn behind an enemy or die and spawn in front of them, resulting in even more campers during games.

I've been burnt twice in a row now by CoD. Unless they do something seriously original or amazing for the next one I'm done with the series.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 1026
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 8/11/2013 12:13:40 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Couldn't even last for a full prestige, traded it in for Assassins Creed instead. The spawn system is royally buggered and ruins any flow a game has. You either die and spawn behind an enemy or die and spawn in front of them, resulting in even more campers during games.

I've been burnt twice in a row now by CoD. Unless they do something seriously original or amazing for the next one I'm done with the series.

Have you not been saying that since MW2?

Are the servers for older games still populated? I never played BO2 so was thinking of giving it a go.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1027
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 8/11/2013 12:15:58 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Are the servers for older games still populated? I never played BO2 so was thinking of giving it a go.

I enjoyed MW3 and Blops1 but the series started to lose me with BO2.

I still regularly play MW3 as it's the only one in the MW series that hasn't been hacked to death and there are still around 20k players on it.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1028
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 9/11/2013 11:17:28 PM   
Scott_

quote:

quote:

It's good for a week then it suddenly gets shit, although saying that if you play search and destroy with nothing but a knife and a tomahawk, listening to the RAAAAAGE of the lovely people of the CoD community as you take them out when they fail to either A) quick scope you or B) trick shot you is highly amusing.

If you really want it I will send you my copy, I won't be using it again.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1029
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops / Black Ops 2 - 10/11/2013 9:35:24 AM   
Chief

I would gladly accept that Fuzz. If you give me paypal details I'll send you coin for postage. You lovely fellow.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 1030
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops / Black Ops 2 - 10/11/2013 1:14:07 PM   
Scott_

No coinage necessary dude, just PM yo details and I'll pop it in the post tomorrow.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1031
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 11/11/2013 1:38:06 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

Time to return to TF2, Jimbobolino?

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1032
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 12/11/2013 10:49:35 AM   
James2183

I think I'm done with FPS for the moment. I haven't enjoyed the last three I've played (Ghosts, BO2 and Battlefield) and I've found myself more interested in different genres. I'm suffering from FPS fatigue I think, plus I'm so out of touch with TF2 it would be like starting again, only this time against people who have been playing it for years

I still can't believe an Oscar winning scriptwriter actually worked on the story. It's more streamline than a Michael Bay film.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 1033
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/11/2013 8:58:30 AM   
Chief

Well done Fuzz, game was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Top banana, cheers.

Played the first campaign mission and wasn't too fussed. Guns & bullets felt light and ineffective, I really didn't feel part of things at all. Mulitplayer seemed quite good though. Only managed half a dozen matches and enjoyed it, will go a bit deeper at the weekend.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 1034
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 24/11/2013 9:51:42 PM   
jinks

quote:

How does it look on current gen?

Iffy.

The jungle set level looks cack, the whole game itself is a whopping disappointment. Boring campaign, unfair mp (its probably patched now, but bad spawn points along with a list of other things) and nothing makes it stand out. Definately the worst of the COD games, and yes i REALLY liked COD 3.

Bought BLOPS 1 the other week and the MP is still very active and for a 3-4 year old game its far FAR better than this - even looks better too and a much more interesting single player and modes.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1035
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 24/11/2013 10:25:16 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

I still play MW3 online and I really like it. Terminal does my nut though and switch off every time it gets chosen.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 1036
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 24/11/2013 10:35:21 PM   
James2183

Downturn is the map I refuse to play. Happy to play any of the other MW3 maps though.

Traded Ghosts in two weeks ago and don't miss it in the slightest. Those that have an Xbox One, how many people are playing it online at the moment?

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 1037
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 24/11/2013 10:36:48 PM   
directorscut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAgc43e-zp4

Next generation my butt.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 1038
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 25/11/2013 8:22:43 AM   
borstal

I can't listen to that guy for more than 10 seconds.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1039
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 33 34 [35]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Page: <<   < prev  31 32 33 34 [35]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI