Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Page: <<   < prev  31 32 33 [34] 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 1:48:51 PM   
Olaf

*You* can think of. But the majority chooses Adele's '21', and not other albums. Now doesn't that make the album the TOP album? It's definitely on the list of 'Most popular' or 'most known', or 'most sold' etc.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 991
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 2:13:30 PM   
Powka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

*You* can think of. But the majority chooses Adele's '21', and not other albums. Now doesn't that make the album the TOP album? It's definitely on the list of 'Most popular' or 'most known', or 'most sold' etc.

quote:

t's definit

Yes, it does.

It's on top, isn't?

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 992
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 3:19:27 PM   
Olaf

If the number of people who like something is the objective measure by which its quality is measured, then sure. Is your favourite film Avatar? If not, is it not simply your bad taste that doesn't recognise that it's obviously the best (because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be the most successful film of all time)?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 993
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 5:34:10 PM   
kata

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 994
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 5:46:26 PM   
Powka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

If the number of people who like something is the objective measure by which its quality is measured, then sure. Is your favourite film Avatar? If not, is it not simply your bad taste that doesn't recognise that it's obviously the best (because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be the most successful film of all time)?

Forgive me, but to let you better understand what I mean, I will respond to your question with another question.

Do you think that people who went to see Avatar and didn't think it was the greatest film would go and see it again (me being one of them)? Probably not, right? Meanwhile, people who play CoD - are you saying they just sit there and keep playing while thinking "damn, there's this Multiplayer FPS that is better than CoD, but I will not buy it and just continue playing CoD anyway".

As I said before, films ideology does not apply to video games. These are two very different forms of entertainment.

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 995
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 5:50:34 PM   
Powka

kata, if you can't discuss a topic like a grown up person presenting a case that is valuable for a discussion, then take your personal wit elsewhere. Blocked

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 996
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 5:53:35 PM   
directorscut

kata isn't the one saying more popular = better, an argument I thought only 12 year olds used.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 997
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 6:01:09 PM   
Powka

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

kata isn't the one saying more popular = better, an argument I thought only 12 year olds used.

quote:

only 12 year olds used

So if a 12 year old is presenting an argument - is it less valuable? Kind of a discrimination, is it not? Are only over 18's are allowed to discuss the topic?

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 998
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 6:06:09 PM   
Powka

As for kata, he would definitely be great in debates. He just needs to bring a notepad with witty quotes and a stack of screenshots from Jim Carrey films.

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 999
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 6:16:59 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Powka

As for kata, he would definitely be great in debates. He just needs to bring a notepad with witty quotes and a stack of screenshots from Jim Carrey films.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 1000
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 8:29:10 PM   
kata

Anyone watch El Presador's videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvaGJ5btma4&list=UUwNvdtSQfkljyW_FT-BNZWA&index=6&feature=plcp

Some of the stuff he does is really funny, bit marmite though.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 1001
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 3/12/2012 9:45:25 PM   
piccolo135

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

And I'm done with the game. I'm shocked that a game of this size, with a budget it commands can be this broken.

From Twitter the creators seem to be more interested in sorting out the amount of UAV's rather than the connection and spawn problems. I'm sick of going 1v1 against a player running the same weapons+attachments and perks, hitting them three times and then die as they get one shot off on me.

Mundane maps and objective games full of players who are more worried about their KD than capping points means it's the first CoD game since WaW that I've traded in within a month.

It's also made me reconsider the FPS market. Battlefield looks like the more viable option these days.

Couldn't agree more. The lag is awful, spawn system incredibly frustrating, variation on bullets-to-kill is ridiculous. For the first time I'm at odds with the multiplayer and have no interest in playing it. HOWEVER. Before I discarded the game my friends and I, had a few rounds on zombies, which would be a first. LOVE zombies. Perhaps its just in comparison to the multiplayer game but tranzit mode in particular is great fun. No lag obviously, just hordes of zombies and lots of genuine working together.

@piccolo135

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piccolo135/

#SeanConnery: "I moustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later"

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1002
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 10/12/2012 2:57:05 PM   
Badgers

Haven't bought this game yet, question about the zombie mode. It says it has stat tracking for weapons and stuff in zombies, does that mean you level up the gun / earn sights etc. for it over time?

I probably already know the answer for this, but will we have to buy all the old zombie maps on the new game again?

Stuntcock!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

Just let me know where and when.

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 1003
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 2/1/2013 11:33:17 AM   
sroey

quote:

ORIGINAL: piccolo135

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

And I'm done with the game. I'm shocked that a game of this size, with a budget it commands can be this broken.

From Twitter the creators seem to be more interested in sorting out the amount of UAV's rather than the connection and spawn problems. I'm sick of going 1v1 against a player running the same weapons+attachments and perks, hitting them three times and then die as they get one shot off on me.

Mundane maps and objective games full of players who are more worried about their KD than capping points means it's the first CoD game since WaW that I've traded in within a month.

It's also made me reconsider the FPS market. Battlefield looks like the more viable option these days.

Couldn't agree more. The lag is awful, spawn system incredibly frustrating, variation on bullets-to-kill is ridiculous. For the first time I'm at odds with the multiplayer and have no interest in playing it. HOWEVER. Before I discarded the game my friends and I, had a few rounds on zombies, which would be a first. LOVE zombies. Perhaps its just in comparison to the multiplayer game but tranzit mode in particular is great fun. No lag obviously, just hordes of zombies and lots of genuine working together.

Received BLOPs 2 as a xmas prezzie and although I thought the campaign was pretty good, MP is a real mixed bag.

As mentioned above the hit detection is absolutely shocking - doesnt seem to be consistent in the slightest (but neither is my accuracy I suppose ). Always makes me laugh watching the final killcam and seeing how far away the shooter was aiming to score a hit.

I am a BF3 player too, I pumped countless hours into MW1 & 2 and despite issues I loved em, this is a real mixed bag. Its strangely addictive stuff though

Quick scoping has never really bothered me before in a COD game but this is ridiculous. Close quarters maps are chock full of sniper rifles - gets annoying fast.

I like how they have gone for scorestreaks as (in domination especially) it forces teams to go for the objective rather than kills.

Playing with friends is a laugh and its keeping me going, but I'm not sure how long it will keep me away from BF3...

Without getting embroiled in the above debate regarding COD/BF3 popularity etc - in my opinion BF3 MP is far greater than COD, Halo 4 is a great game too, just because I prefer BF3 doesnt mean I hate COD or Halo. I appreciate the qualities of all of them. I even told myself I wouldn't purchase BLOPs 2 (I still didnt as it was a prezzie!) but I like how TreyArch at least tried to mix it up a little. MW3 was extremely dull.

< Message edited by sroey -- 2/1/2013 11:45:43 AM >

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 1004
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 2/1/2013 2:32:02 PM   
kumar

Ive got black ops II (ps3) and im hating it. Ive all the series, and im now playing on veteran, while it is a challenge I really dislike the future stuff, does not sit right at all. And the special forces missions protecting the bases are damn difficult, I left that rubbish out!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1005
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 21/1/2013 5:55:43 PM   
Spiked

I haven't played BO2 in a while as I've been super busy with work. I'm afraid I may have hit the stage where I'll never get truly back into the game again... Let's see.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1006
Shocking News! - 8/2/2013 12:55:52 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a457293/new-call-of-duty-confirmed-for-q4-2013-next-gen-to-impact-sales.html

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 1007
RE: Shocking News! - 22/3/2013 3:52:49 PM   
paulyboy

Saw this yesterday and it made me chuckle!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-21-this-is-what-top-level-cod-competition-ing-looks-like-you-s

It's hilarious if you like seeing petulant Call Of Duty teams lose their shit!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 1008
RE: Shocking News! - 22/3/2013 8:41:13 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a457293/new-call-of-duty-confirmed-for-q4-2013-next-gen-to-impact-sales.html

quote:

"The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for innovation and we expect a new Call of Duty game in development for 2013 to raise that bar even higher," Durkin explained.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 1009
RE: Shocking News! - 23/3/2013 1:22:25 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-21-this-is-what-top-level-cod-competition-ing-looks-like-you-s

Standard CoD players then. I'm amazed they actually have championships for a game which requires no skill.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 1010
RE: Shocking News! - 23/3/2013 9:53:03 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

That's exactly what Matt is like whe playing Battlefield!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 1011
RE: Shocking News! - 23/3/2013 1:07:57 PM   
kumar

Im more perplexed that COD playing is classed as a "sport" now, albeit an electronic one. Sad really.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 1012
RE: Shocking News! - 31/7/2013 9:46:57 PM   
Ghidorah

Well I had enough of Battlefield 3(360) and thought I give COD BO2 one final blast before GTA and the next gen arrive.

So my thoughts are once I unlocked the AN 84 i started to enjoy the game. In fact my K/D ratio was more positive than negative. Before I dropping dead all the time in the gun battles and partly because my guns not equiped enough?

So this what I learnt.

* Everyone is one of those dalek people from asylum of the daleks. Some reason people shoot from their heads and not from their guns?
* Lag
* more lag
* Lost connections.
* People able to teleport from standing up to lying down is 0.5 seconds.
* Guns are pretty ineffective unless you had certain add ons.
* Bullets go through solid rocks.
* Every soldier is long sighted and can't see anyone standing next to them.
* Bullets can practically go through everything but missles can't?
* Cars blow up straight away if a few bullets hit them.

i'm not making this up. Two people came at me, one behind the other. The first chap had a bullet proof shield strapped to his back and I shot him once with the shotgun. He dropped down dead however the pallets went through him and killed the chap behind him as well. Surely the shield would contain the blast especially they lined up perfectly?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 1013
RE: Shocking News! - 14/8/2013 7:00:32 PM   
James2183

Anyone watching the Ghost MP reveal?

Really not doing anything for me. It's either taking what didn't work in previous CoDs or copying Battlefield

Semi auto sniper rifles
A female soldier! OMG
Buying weapons instead of earning them
A lean system!
Destructive landscapes
Mantling over objects

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 1014
RE: Shocking News! - 14/8/2013 7:37:41 PM   
James2183

That reveal has finally shown how far behind the franchise now is compared to others. None of that MP appealed to me and I'm a hardened Infinity Ward CoD gamer. Most of what they showed as new to the franchise was either already available in other games or what didn't work in previous games - I hate that you can now pay for guns again.

My interest now leans towards TitanFall and Destiny.

< Message edited by James2183 -- 14/8/2013 7:43:47 PM >

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1015
RE: Shocking News! - 27/10/2013 9:19:54 PM   
James2183

CoD Ghosts has revealed to have a future alien horde mode. Just when I thought I was out...

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1016
RE: Shocking News! - 5/11/2013 10:10:05 AM   
sroey

Reviews are out for Ghosts:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/436713/call-of-duty-ghosts-review-round-up-critics-describe-a-fun-yet-familiar-shooter/

Anyone picking this up? Current or next-gen?

< Message edited by sroey -- 5/11/2013 10:13:47 AM >

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1017
RE: Shocking News! - 5/11/2013 1:27:51 PM   
Lang

Kinda disappointed, no Demolition, Headquarters. Search and Destroy has been tinkered with to include a kill confirmed aspect.

Cranked is the only new game mode worth a look.

We're back to the pay for mods from the first black ops so that you can choose what you want to unlock.

60 Levels to prestige which is down from what it was in Modern Warfare 3

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 1018
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 5/11/2013 2:23:50 PM   
Chief

How does it look on current gen?

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1019
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 5/11/2013 2:48:04 PM   
Lang

I don't think it looks at all good...visually it looks a step down from modern warfare 3 and black ops 2

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1020
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 33 [34] 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Page: <<   < prev  31 32 33 [34] 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI