Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/11/2012 9:38:50 AM   
Gizmo 76

Campaign definitely has the weakest start for a while, the first mission I thought was extremely poor... But the Future missions kept the game going, and then the second half of the campaign has actually been really enjoyable stuff, in a action blockbuster popcorn brain-disengage type way.

The top difficulty level really isn't deserving of the title 'Veteran', but I guess this has been the case for a couple of releases now, but this one does seem the easiest so far... I do have a mission or two left I guess, so maybe I'll change my mind

Graphically the game goes from looking like a 6 year old game with low poly models and poor textures at times, to really quite good with lots going on around you, looking great and running so smooth. Bring on the next gen and a new engine, though I'm sure this'll have another outing next year, but IW games always seem to have an extra layer of polish and shine.

I've dabbled a little online (level 10 rank), and so far what I've played I've really enjoyed. The maps have stood out at the moment, some really nicely designed maps with a good flow to them... only a PS2 looking Plaza one has annoyed me, but this might be due to getting constantly destroyed on it! Online has all been smooth and seemed fair as well so far for me, guess the weekend we'll see if it shows its true colours.

So all in all, not the COD of yesteryear, but a COD of now and just as enjoyable as the last couple for me.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 931
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/11/2012 9:50:55 AM   
Rob

Played this last night on the PS3. Mixed feelings about it to be honest. It doesn't help that the game freezes almost after every online match. I had to reset my PS3 eleven times last night in a 2 hour stint and the most amount of games I played consecutively was three.

It's quite enjoyable but the graphics seem very dated and I'm not sure it's offers me much more than MW3. That said I'll give it another go and hopefully Activision will sort out the freezing issue.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 932
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/11/2012 4:20:37 PM   
Scott_

It's alright actually, I like the switch to score streaks rather than kill streaks, it encourages more teamwork. Battlefield is better but it'll keep me busy for a few weeks at least...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 933
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/11/2012 8:51:42 PM   
Moorish

Liking the game a lot so far. My only main gripe is that Domination is split between two rounds - absolutely breaking up the excitement and gameplay flow. Also. the fact that games can end on a time limit is also a little lame.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 934
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/11/2012 11:23:59 PM   
James2183

Meh so far.

It's Call of Duty.

The hit markers are fucking atrocious though.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 935
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/11/2012 11:38:18 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Cue 100s of hours of gameplay and max prestige level over the coming months...

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 936
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/11/2012 11:52:47 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Cue 100s of hours of gameplay and max prestige level over the coming months...

A few years ago yes

But I only got to second prestige on Blops 1 and traded in WaW the same afternoon I got it.

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 937
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 17/11/2012 10:20:29 AM   
jcthefirst

I'm really enjoying this actually. I think the multiplayer is balanced really well and the zombie mode is pretty cool (only ever played the one on WaW so have never played the more complicated version).

The Strike Force thing is so awful though. It doesn't work at all.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 938
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 17/11/2012 10:24:57 AM   
James2183

I appreciate how they have changed the MP but the hit detection is ruining the game from what I have played so far. Whereas in previous games you would know how many bullets it would take to kill people, in this it seems random. I can pump a clip into someone and have them not die and then moments later see the final killcam where one bullet has killed someone else completely.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 939
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 17/11/2012 4:59:08 PM   
chilipenguin

Finally got a copy of the game. Only played the multiplayer and a quick whirl on zombies. So far I think they've done enough to make the game feel fun again. I returned MW3 after a week as the multiplayer was so boring. BLOPS 2 has added enough new content as well as some great maps to make the experience a fast paced and enjoyable one. Haven't started the campaign yet but will tackle that when I get a chance.

After MW2 (the only shooter I've played regularly for a while), this is quite a big step forward.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 940
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/11/2012 1:00:53 PM   
James2183

This game has ruined any love I once had for a Call of Duty game. It's fucking abismal.

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 941
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/11/2012 4:20:17 PM   
Scott_

It's been the same game for 5 years so I don't know what you were expecting...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 942
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 19/11/2012 12:18:37 PM   
blackduck

If I only buy one shooter this Christmas would Bops2 be the one to get or is Battlefield3 better?

Currently playing Bops1, I prefear it to the Modern Warfare games because there is less quickscoping and I got fed up continually dying to people I couldn't see.

Mostly I play online, not too arsed with single player mode

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 943
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 19/11/2012 7:55:25 PM   
James2183

I'd say try Battlefied as it's cheaper.

I only played Nuke Town 2025 and now that Treyarch have removed it from the playlist I'm going straight back to MW3 and Assassins Creed 3.

Making fans pre order the game in order to take it away a week later is extremely unfair.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 944
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 19/11/2012 9:11:54 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

If I only buy one shooter this Christmas would Bops2 be the one to get or is Battlefield3 better?

Currently playing Bops1, I prefear it to the Modern Warfare games because there is less quickscoping and I got fed up continually dying to people I couldn't see.

The correct answer is too ignore both those pieces of shit and get Natural Selection 2.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 945
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 24/11/2012 8:41:04 PM   
Base

I'm enjoying it, haven't played much multiplayer yet, but I suck at that anyway.

What is with the strike force thing though, please tell me you don't need those to complete the game as they are appalling, I don't want to command them, I want to have my hand held and be told what to do through every stage!!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 946
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 25/11/2012 8:34:42 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

The correct answer is too ignore both those pieces of shit and get Natural Selection 2.

You want to know how bad quick scoping is in Black Ops 2? The only way to describe how heavy unbalance quickscoping is without breaking forum rules is not to purchase BLOPs2. I hadn't played MW2 for a long time and I played an hour of MW3 but I can't remember quickscoping to be bad as blops2.

Battlefield 3 multiplayer is better value for money however you will need to spend additional £40 to get all the map packs and there's a lot. The other thing it's slower space and semi realistic compared to cod. The only problem is a lot of maps are big and console versions are restricted to 24 players maxium. It can feel very empty at times on the battlefield and the next gen consoles NEED to expand players numbers per match in bf4.

Post #: 947
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 27/11/2012 12:33:36 PM   
blackduck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

You want to know how bad quick scoping is in Black Ops 2? The only way to describe how heavy unbalance quickscoping is without breaking forum rules is not to purchase BLOPs2. I hadn't played MW2 for a long time and I played an hour of MW3 but I can't remember quickscoping to be bad as blops2.

Battlefield 3 multiplayer is better value for money however you will need to spend additional £40 to get all the map packs and there's a lot. The other thing it's slower space and semi realistic compared to cod. The only problem is a lot of maps are big and console versions are restricted to 24 players maxium. It can feel very empty at times on the battlefield and the next gen consoles NEED to expand players numbers per match in bf4.

Thanks for that. Shame about the quickscoping personally I think it sucks the fun out of the game.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 948
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 27/11/2012 12:48:03 PM   
jcthefirst

Anyone finish the campaign yet? I'm very confused.

I think I got the 'bad' ending, as I couldn't be arsed doing the awful Strike Force missions.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 949
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 27/11/2012 12:52:12 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

quote:

[cough]Team Fortress 2...[/cough]

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 950
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 27/11/2012 5:46:44 PM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Anyone finish the campaign yet? I'm very confused.

I think I got the 'bad' ending, as I couldn't be arsed doing the awful Strike Force missions.

Just finished it now, I take it there are multiple endings then? It was pretty dark so I guess it was bad, but surely some of the other decision points during the game would affect that ending as well?

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 951
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 27/11/2012 5:51:24 PM   
Base

That is one f**ked up epilogue (both the cinematic and the truly, truly dire "music" playing over the credits!!!!)

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 952
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 27/11/2012 6:08:33 PM   
Base

The post credits sequence, however, is pure genius and makes up for the crap credits music!!!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 953
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 27/11/2012 6:21:22 PM   
James2183

Quite possibly the worst product placement in history of gaming

This game has really killed my love for the CoD series, which is a good thing considering how much time I spent playing MW2 and 3.

Connections and quickscoping ruined it for me. It's crazy how you can go one on one with a sniper whilst running with a SMG and 8/10 times lose due to the ridiculous quickscoping.

I pumped 20+ days into both MW2 and 3. I've got bored with BO2 after a days worth of play and find myself only dipping in and out to play sticks and stones now and then.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 954
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 29/11/2012 1:01:33 AM   
Powka

James2183, I feel your pain for the quickscoping thing. I hate it.

Now, I generally don't play video games. The Last game I played before getting BO2 was MW3 when it came out, and before that - Black Ops. So, I'm a fan of CoD, but that's the only game I do play at all.

I personally think Black Ops 2's multiplayer gone worse, while the whole game is probably one of the best since Call of Duty 4. They've put a lot of good stuff in, Zombies are awesome too. I played Black Ops 2 for about a week non-stop, and then finally got pissed off because of the mentioned quickscoping (which was the problem in MW3 too, for me), and the massive lag compensation. I've got this Fiber (or whatever) Optic BT internet, which is the fastest they can offer, and I can't freaking kill anyone because I'm about 1.5 sec behind. So after a week - without even touching the campaing - I just switched to Black Ops (the first one) for a while, to remember the good ol' days - it's a bliss. Still love this game, absolutely my favorite, and way better than the second or MW3.

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 955
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/12/2012 4:32:35 PM   
Ghidorah

At the moment I'm struggling to get kills and my kill death ratio is getting worst by the day. To make it worst I only play BO2 with a group of people and some are pretty good. They are getting postive while I'm heavily negative. Back in the original Black Ops days I was always getting killstreaks (drone, samsite and care package). I was a big help to my team and now I'm holding them back.
In Black Ops 1 I had a class for each situation. Black Ops 2 however I'm finding it hard to find a weapon I could use.

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 956
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/12/2012 7:32:41 PM   
Powka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

At the moment I'm struggling to get kills and my kill death ratio is getting worst by the day. To make it worst I only play BO2 with a group of people and some are pretty good. They are getting postive while I'm heavily negative. Back in the original Black Ops days I was always getting killstreaks (drone, samsite and care package). I was a big help to my team and now I'm holding them back.
In Black Ops 1 I had a class for each situation. Black Ops 2 however I'm finding it hard to find a weapon I could use.

The same here. While there were (are) plenty of weapons in original Black Ops that I love and could use in different kinds of situations, all of Black Ops 2's weapons are just plain crap. There is one or two that are alright, but overall I hate them all.

If I were to recommend something, I'd say give PDW-57 a try - high fire rate and damage, mobile, plus the magazine clip is 50, which lets you spray for a little longer to finally get that damn kill. That's what I use at least.

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 957
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/12/2012 8:01:46 PM   
Ghidorah

At one point I actually thought it was me and I went back to Battlefield 3.

* Jumped into a plane and proceed to take out the the damage Ac-130? which was pounding my team.
* Enemy jet right behind me and i was taking fire.
* Aimed my plane at the AC-130 and bailed out in time.
* Total success
* Landed at the B or C (AC130 base)
* Started capturing it.
* Along came an enemy little bird with an engineer as a repairer.
* First stinger miss due to the flares.
* Little bird came around for another go shortly after.
* 2nd stinger disabled the littlebird and it crashed into a massive gas canister.
* One chap bailed out in time and I put him down.

One life and under a minute. Yep Black Ops 2 is broken.

(in reply to Powka)
Post #: 958
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/12/2012 10:04:27 PM   
James2183

And I'm done with the game. I'm shocked that a game of this size, with a budget it commands can be this broken.

From Twitter the creators seem to be more interested in sorting out the amount of UAV's rather than the connection and spawn problems. I'm sick of going 1v1 against a player running the same weapons+attachments and perks, hitting them three times and then die as they get one shot off on me.

Mundane maps and objective games full of players who are more worried about their KD than capping points means it's the first CoD game since WaW that I've traded in within a month.

It's also made me reconsider the FPS market. Battlefield looks like the more viable option these days.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 959
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/12/2012 10:30:06 PM   
directorscut

If your consideration of the FPS market is limited to just COD and Battlefield then you are truly doomed and may God have mercy on your soul.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI