Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 12/1/2011 8:11:28 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

quote:

Zombies on the other hand.... WTF? Played with a mate and one of his friends last night..... I didnt have a clue what i was doing. I get that the aim is to 'stay alive'.... but what tactics are we supposed to employ to do this.... It was the level in the bunker with the 4 leaders. Does everyone play Zombies??

The bunker level is quite crap imo, but Kino der Toten is awesome.  I spent a good hour and a half getting up to level 24 with a bunch of random Spanish guys yesterday, definitely one of the best gaming experiences of this year so far...

There are quite a few tactics to Zombies and it takes a while to get used to it.  For the early rounds you just want to shoot the Zombies about five times first then knife them to maximise points (you can let them break in and then kill them, just make sure you dont get overwhelmed).  Once you get to about round 5, open the door at the top of the stairs and buy a stakeout for the dogs.  Survive another couple of rounds until you have at least 3500 points and turn the power on.  Then buy Juggernaut (CRITICAL) otherwise you get downed in two hits.  After that it is a case of getting a good weapon in the mystery box (for my round 24 game I used the upgraded ray gun with the ballistic knife/bowie knife ) and upgrading it at the pack-a-punch (make sure you link the teleporter pads though), aim for their heads and go from the theatre>lobby>upstairs>dressing room>theatre.  Turning back once in a while to take out some zombies, as you get more points get Speed Cola and Quick revive too. 

That guide is a bit brief, but if you want some more tips there are loads of other guides (written and videos) out there.  However, if you play with people who don't know what they are doing you will get nowhere fast (it is highly desirable to have a mic to do well).

Yet im completly lost already !!!

So how much do you know about the Zombie mode?  I can try to fill in the blanks that way. 

It really is an awesome mode once you know how to play it and find a decent party.  I'm really looking forward to a Zombie map pack, hopefully with Richthofen and co. instead of the Kennedy et al.

EDIT: If you are on PS3 you are welcome to add me. 

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 12/1/2011 8:13:31 PM >

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 781
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 12/1/2011 11:13:02 PM   
Proudfoot

There may be a MW2 thread, but this seem a little more active and I got to ask... What the hell just happened? I went prestige out of nowhere? Apparently some sort of cheat, but I sure didn't unlock it. As the match started out, some random challenge stats showed up for a couple seconds, but I barely notced, I'd pressed select to mute so the screen was occupied, then the match started, I saw them and quit. Only hindsight made me realize they were there already.

Too late anyway.

What is this? It's depressing as fuck, is what it is.

Sorry, just had to vent.

Black Ops here I come.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 782
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 12:49:25 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Proudfoot

There may be a MW2 thread, but this seem a little more active and I got to ask... What the hell just happened? I went prestige out of nowhere? Apparently some sort of cheat, but I sure didn't unlock it. As the match started out, some random challenge stats showed up for a couple seconds, but I barely notced, I'd pressed select to mute so the screen was occupied, then the match started, I saw them and quit. Only hindsight made me realize they were there already.

Too late anyway.

What is this? It's depressing as fuck, is what it is.

Sorry, just had to vent.

Black Ops here I come.

Are you talking about MW2 or Black Ops when you say you prestiged without doing it???

It's just that you go from the MW2 subject to WTF, I prestiged......blah blah. It might be me reading this all wrong and the fact I haven't slept for a while. If so, apologies.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 783
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 1:33:40 AM   
Proudfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

Are you talking about MW2 or Black Ops when you say you prestiged without doing it???

It's just that you go from the MW2 subject to WTF, I prestiged......blah blah. It might be me reading this all wrong and the fact I haven't slept for a while. If so, apologies.

No, my bad. When I'm pissed I tend to not make sense.

I'm talking about MW2 when I say I prestiged without meaning to. I do not own Black Ops.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 784
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 5:27:20 AM   
Pratt82

No worries bud.

Black Ops........can't say your missing much to be honest. The campaign is ok and the multiplayer is basically the same, just new weaponary, maps, modes etc. Completed the campaign on Veteran the other week, some parts are hard, some parts are just completely annoying! Although I did glide past the first 3 mission with ease even on Veteran.....

Like somebody says in an earlier post, sometime the campaign can get alittle jumbled....it's sometimes hard to figure out where you actually are and who you are playing, also it does feel like sometime the game is holding your hand but apart from that it's ok.

Haven't really touched the multiplayer but I might get into it alittle more in the coming months depending if anyone from Empire is online with it. Got alot of games to play at the moment so I'm hardly touching Black Ops.

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 785
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 10:26:07 AM   
Proudfoot

quote:

No worries bud.

Black Ops........can't say your missing much to be honest. The campaign is ok and the multiplayer is basically the same, just new weaponary, maps, modes etc. Completed the campaign on Veteran the other week, some parts are hard, some parts are just completely annoying! Although I did glide past the first 3 mission with ease even on Veteran.....

Like somebody says in an earlier post, sometime the campaign can get alittle jumbled....it's sometimes hard to figure out where you actually are and who you are playing, also it does feel like sometime the game is holding your hand but apart from that it's ok.

Haven't really touched the multiplayer but I might get into it alittle more in the coming months depending if anyone from Empire is online with it. Got alot of games to play at the moment so I'm hardly touching Black Ops.

I'm not necessarily expecting great things, but I'm still in the mood for some more MP and a COD single player I can most likely enjoy, even if it's not stellar. Would probably have continued with MW for a while more, but I'm soured on it now. Just no fun to see all weapon challenges complete when I didn't do it myself. Anyway, I broke my controller (yeah, I know), so I need to visit a game shop no matter what.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 786
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 11:33:27 AM   
primebhoy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zombies on the other hand.... WTF? Played with a mate and one of his friends last night..... I didnt have a clue what i was doing. I get that the aim is to 'stay alive'.... but what tactics are we supposed to employ to do this.... It was the level in the bunker with the 4 leaders. Does everyone play Zombies??

The bunker level is quite crap imo, but Kino der Toten is awesome.  I spent a good hour and a half getting up to level 24 with a bunch of random Spanish guys yesterday, definitely one of the best gaming experiences of this year so far...

There are quite a few tactics to Zombies and it takes a while to get used to it.  For the early rounds you just want to shoot the Zombies about five times first then knife them to maximise points (you can let them break in and then kill them, just make sure you dont get overwhelmed).  Once you get to about round 5, open the door at the top of the stairs and buy a stakeout for the dogs.  Survive another couple of rounds until you have at least 3500 points and turn the power on.  Then buy Juggernaut (CRITICAL) otherwise you get downed in two hits.  After that it is a case of getting a good weapon in the mystery box (for my round 24 game I used the upgraded ray gun with the ballistic knife/bowie knife ) and upgrading it at the pack-a-punch (make sure you link the teleporter pads though), aim for their heads and go from the theatre>lobby>upstairs>dressing room>theatre.  Turning back once in a while to take out some zombies, as you get more points get Speed Cola and Quick revive too. 

That guide is a bit brief, but if you want some more tips there are loads of other guides (written and videos) out there.  However, if you play with people who don't know what they are doing you will get nowhere fast (it is highly desirable to have a mic to do well).

Yet im completly lost already !!!

So how much do you know about the Zombie mode?  I can try to fill in the blanks that way. 

It really is an awesome mode once you know how to play it and find a decent party.  I'm really looking forward to a Zombie map pack, hopefully with Richthofen and co. instead of the Kennedy et al.

EDIT: If you are on PS3 you are welcome to add me. 

Not alot! I know the object is to survive as long as possible.... but i heard people moaning about me shooting a 'crawler'.... Is that a bad thing?? I just ran around shooting zombies.... and going up and down the elevator.... but I had no idea why i was going up n down the levels?!?

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 787
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 12:52:34 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

Not alot! I know the object is to survive as long as possible.... but i heard people moaning about me shooting a 'crawler'.... Is that a bad thing?? I just ran around shooting zombies.... and going up and down the elevator.... but I had no idea why i was going up n down the levels?!?

It's considered very bad Zombie etiquette.  A crawler is a slow moving Zombie that has had it's legs blown off by explosives or the ray gun.  Ideally you want to make a crawler at the end of a round when there are no more Zombies spawning and everyone has lots of points.  This gives you the opportunity to repair windows for more points and spend points on the box, perks and pack-a-punch. 

Two other things that come to mind are at the beginning of the game, you start in the lobby.  The lobby has four windows and there are four players.  Each person picks a window and then kills their own Zombies; DO NOT go to other people's windows and steal their Zombies.  If someone does this I usually drop out right away as the person will most likely break the next unofficial rule of Zombies; the person with the most points opens the next door.  This is just simple common sense, but people get very greedy and make other people open the doors. 

Just some other bits of important info:
Perks: You can access these after you turn the power on (this is the switch on the wall on the right hand side of the curtain in Kino der Toten).  There are four perks: Juggernog (more health, 2500), Speed Cola (reload quicker, 3000), Quick Revive (revive team mates quicker, 1500), Double Tap (faster firing rate, never bought it cause it's shit ).  In terms of which ones to buy first: Juggernog>Quick Revive>Speed Cola.  If you get downed you lose all your perks, so try not to get downed...
Pack-a-Punch: See the teleporter on the right hand side of the stage in the theatre?  Once the power is on that takes you to the PAP machine where you can upgrade weapons (5000).  Once you have turned the power on go inside the teleporter, now you have to link it; press square and then run to the lobby and stand on the platform in front of the door and press square.  Teleporter is now ready to use, once used it takes a while to cool down.  Best weapons to upgrade imo: ray gun, thunder gun, LMGs, M16, ballistic knife, crossbow, handgun.  Another tip; whilst in the projector room, throw grenades down at the stage as that is where the zombies gather and you get loads of points.
Dogs: Every 5-6 rounds you will get a round of dogs.  The screen will go slightly misty and then the dogs will come.  Just kill the ones that come after you and you should be fine.  At the end of the round you will get a max ammo so make sure everyone has reloaded before you pick it up otherwise it is a surefire way to piss off your team mates.
Weapons: You can buy weapons off the walls in the early round (stakeout and mp40 are my choices), but try and save up for the mystery box.  This box will give you a random weapon (sniper rifle, handgun or a ray gun, pretty much anything).  After a certain period someone will get a teddy in the box and it will change location, there are maps scattered around which tell you where the box has gone to.  You want weapons that have a large clip size, store lots of ammo and deal good damage.  If you get a wonder weapon (Ray Gun, Thunder gun, Monkey bomb), then you are one lucky SOB as they are awesome. 

That's the basics and I have left loads more out.  But try and apply this and you should get the hang of it.  I played solo for a couple of hours first off just to get used to the layout of the maps etc.  Have fun. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 788
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 5:34:37 PM   
Spektre

I think I just had the wackiest tomahawk kill ever but the game for some reason did not save so I can;t see a clip of it! Basically I threw it at someone in a window..it missed by miles, he jumped out and then onto a truck. I went to hide then suddenly a message popped up that he got killed by my throw.

It must have been a mad ricochet!

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 789
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 8:08:47 PM   
Pratt82

You meant to do that though didn't you Spek?

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 790
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 13/1/2011 11:19:23 PM   
Spektre

quote:

You meant to do that though didn't you Spek?

Yeah I meant to throw it at his general direction but I've been racking my brain to try and work out what happened. There was a massive delay (relatively speaking) between the throw and the kill. I wish I could see it...dagnabit!!!

Aha!! unless...it travelled through the window..and out of another window hitting someone on the opposite side of the map! GAaahh...I wanna see it!!

< Message edited by Spektre -- 13/1/2011 11:23:04 PM >

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 791
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 15/1/2011 10:32:34 PM   
Spektre

Does anyone else use the care package as a way of luring the other team into a trap?
I seem to be using that tactic more and more these days and works great. People (well most of them) run like crazy to try and get it without checking to see if anyone is waiting there for them, in the shadows! 

I only do it when the drop is not that great like spy plane...or anti air missle.

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 792
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/1/2011 12:36:38 PM   
gingerdaniel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spektre

Does anyone else use the care package as a way of luring the other team into a trap?
I seem to be using that tactic more and more these days and works great. People (well most of them) run like crazy to try and get it without checking to see if anyone is waiting there for them, in the shadows! 

I only do it when the drop is not that great like spy plane...or anti air missle.

Yea, chuck it onto a roof if you can, they'll flock over to it. No one gets the drop, but you should be able to get some kills.

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 793
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 16/1/2011 8:59:34 PM   
Spektre

That's not a bad idea. I will give it a go.

In other news, I finished a match 55 kills and 14 deaths. Probably my highest kill count in a single match, I think. I've now also maxed out most of the perks to PRO and I'm thinking of prestiging again!

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 794
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 17/1/2011 10:06:27 AM   
primebhoy

Got a good few hours of multiplayer on sat/sun.

The maps are pretty good, my favourites being radiation and peak(or is it summit??)

Have started playing demolition, definetly my favourtite game mode!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 795
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 17/1/2011 12:37:59 PM   
piccolo135

Went and had a go on MW2 over the weekend, and have come back appreciating Black Ops all the more. Yep, I'm surprised to be saying it myself.

After playing BO for so long the graphics on MW2 just dont seem anywhere near as good, and also the audio on MW2 just seems muffled!

I admit though that the spec ops and the achievements are better, but thats literally it. Game play, graphics and audio rule on BO. Have shelved my copy of MW2 permanently, Black Ops is very much the superior game.

Can't wait for Feb 1st now when the first map pack hits. Stadium looks very interesting...

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 796
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 17/1/2011 8:19:02 PM   
Filmfan 2

A couple of valkeyrie rocket kills from a recent game. I'm particularly proud of the cinematography on the second kill :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Iw4BQSBMM

I am not drinkin' any fuckin' Merlot!

"All I wanted me was a piece of cornbread, you motherfuckers!"

Defender of all things Batman Begins

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 797
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 17/1/2011 9:11:32 PM   
Spektre

That's terrific..almost sad towards the end. 

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 798
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/1/2011 9:11:53 AM   
Marky_Mark

First DLC Announced - 'First Strike'

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/435

Liking the zipline idea on the Kowloon level.

< Message edited by Marky_Mark -- 18/1/2011 9:12:32 AM >

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 799
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/1/2011 10:12:27 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmfan 2

A couple of valkeyrie rocket kills from a recent game. I'm particularly proud of the cinematography on the second kill :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Iw4BQSBMM

Brilliant. I wish I had the patience to put something like that together.

This is my latest - DEATH FROM ABOVE!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR77JZ3B3qc

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 800
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/1/2011 11:13:36 AM   
Spektre

I've only just found out you can now add dolly cameras - FIFTY in one map and can pan between them! Gotta try that later.

I was offered Golden guns just now by some random dude. I replied that gold is heavier and would slow me down so no thanks. The poor fella replied that it didn't in this game. Jeez..I was kidding!

this is quite funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYSUf9wbXI

this one is even better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DExT3ZWs6Vs

< Message edited by Spektre -- 18/1/2011 11:39:33 AM >

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 801
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/1/2011 2:19:40 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

quote:

Yea, chuck it onto a roof if you can, they'll flock over to it. No one gets the drop, but you should be able to get some kills.

Set of 'Sneaky Bar-stewards'!!!

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 18/1/2011 2:29:43 PM >

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 802
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/1/2011 3:12:36 PM   
borstal

quote:

this is quite funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYSUf9wbXI

this one is even better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DExT3ZWs6Vs

These are great. Shows how easily wound up and the shit comebacks these kids have.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 803
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/1/2011 6:17:38 PM   
Pratt82

I didn't have any sound as I was at work when I viewed those 2 videos. But from what Mr B' says I'm guessing Kevin2134 (or whatever) was pissing off kids by blocking them in a corner with nowhere to go?

If so, I may need to add him to my friends list. lol

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 804
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 18/1/2011 7:16:06 PM   
Spektre

I've watched loads of his videos and he's great.
It's especially funny when he tells a 5th prestige that he's only level 30. They take it so personally!!  The way he talks sort of reminds my of Will Farrel.

By the way, I beginning to notice a lot of no scopers in the game now when I am online these days. And also golden weapons being used by people who have not reached 10th prestige yet. Hackers?

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 805
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 19/1/2011 1:40:10 PM   
Pratt82

It was inevitable that some cheating fuck would do it on Black Ops.

'Name and Shame' them Spek!

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 806
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 21/1/2011 1:53:22 PM   
piccolo135

Have been having lots of fun with the "second chance" muppets for the past few nights, putting them down and then thinking of ways to put them out of their misery. So far I have,

Nova Gas to the head, instead death.
Nova Gas near to them, slower death (my favourite)
Flashbang to the head, instant death
Flashbanged, then run around behind them while their dazed, and kill.

Any others I've not tried?

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 807
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 21/1/2011 2:05:24 PM   
Filmfan 2

quote:

ORIGINAL: piccolo135

Have been having lots of fun with the "second chance" muppets for the past few nights, putting them down and then thinking of ways to put them out of their misery. So far I have,

Nova Gas to the head, instead death.
Nova Gas near to them, slower death (my favourite)
Flashbang to the head, instant death
Flashbanged, then run around behind them while their dazed, and kill.

Any others I've not tried?

Nice.

I really can't stand that perk. It's always a pleasure if I happen to down someone and they have the perk, and I manage to run up to them and put my knife through them.

I am not drinkin' any fuckin' Merlot!

"All I wanted me was a piece of cornbread, you motherfuckers!"

Defender of all things Batman Begins

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 808
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 23/1/2011 9:23:53 AM   
Spektre

Like I said before I am seeing loads of people online getting tons of kills with the sniper rifle, without really aiming.

This kill though takes the biscuit!! The guy jumps into the room spins about 3 times then shoots me! What do you think? Luck or hacker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3GGsFGsAa0

He was doing the spinning kills throughout the match!

< Message edited by Spektre -- 23/1/2011 9:24:46 AM >

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 809
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 23/1/2011 2:31:16 PM   
Chief Wiggum

I saw that happening on WaW - when the ultimate kill was a "360 - no scope sniper rifle one shot" so wether its hacks or not I don't know, certainly a mate of mine used to do it without hacking (cos he did it to me on split screen, on my own console)

either way it's fairly dickish,

Just been having a bit of a bash online as a break from GT5, on mercanary TDM just had all the non prestigers put on the same team, and all the prestigers put on the opposite...

we wiped the floor with them

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI