Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Call Of Duty: Black Ops / Black Ops 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Call Of Duty: Black Ops / Black Ops 2 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Call Of Duty: Black Ops / Black Ops 2 - 30/4/2010 2:46:37 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Activision has put out official word that Call of Duty: Black Ops will be released on November 9, 2010. The release date was revealed earlier today on the game's official website.

The game will introduce fans to the "elite world of Black Ops" and take players "behind enemy lines in an entirely new chapter" in the No.1 first-person action series of all-time.

"We can't wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops," said Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch. "We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts."

Look out for the first footage Call of Duty: Black Ops trailer tonight on GameTrailers TV.

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 20/4/2012 11:48:31 AM >

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE
Post #: 1
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 3:21:16 PM   
Scott_

Boring. Do we really need a new COD every year? What the hell did Infinity Ward unleash with COD4? It'll probably be rubbish without any IW input anyway...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 2
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 4:12:45 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Boring. Do we really need a new COD every year? What the hell did Infinity Ward unleash with COD4? It'll probably be rubbish without any IW input anyway...

With most of the staff leaving IW for Respawn I don't think IW could do much better either

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 3
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 4:16:49 PM   
Dark Knight

Personally, I am hoping for a Vietnam war based COD.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 4
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 4:53:18 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

There are a few problems with this.

1) It's not Infinity Ward
2) Treyarch are yet to make a good game and could do with their own franchise rather than relying on the success of IW.
3) MW2 with all it's online cheaters ruined CoD
4) Activision are publishers.

Couldn't honestly care less about Call of Duty anymore, Medal of Honour looks superb and I'm more than happy with Battlefield which pisses all over CoD from a great height anyway.

As for the yearly updates Scott mentioned, it gets worse, this is the first of 3 games in the space of 2010 and 2011, rather than 2.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 5
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 4:54:21 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Personally, I am hoping for a Vietnam war based COD.

Apparantly it has Vietnam based levels, but it's not the Vietnamese War, it's meant to be special forces i.e. ripping off Medal of Honour's new game or it's set in the Cold War.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 6
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 4:57:14 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

There hasn't been a truly great COD game since COD 2

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 7
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 5:25:10 PM   
boys_dont_cry

I cant belive this is coimg out this year.

I'd like to think it will fail to sale and Activision will learn its lesson, but anything with the words 'Duty, of, Call' attached to it will be lapped up. I wont buy it unless it somehow manages to get unanimous 10/10s across the board.

...Even then I'll be a bit sceptical.

http://flavors.me/gavweir

Post #: 8
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 5:32:42 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

There hasn't been a truly great COD game since COD 2

Agreed.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 9
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 6:57:02 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I thought COD 3 was pretty good and wasnt crazy about MW but enjoyed my one playthrough of the MW2 campaign. Never played any of them online though.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 10
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 8:22:57 PM   
Pratt82

Dono....Your not missing anything mate by not playing MW2 online. It's full of screaming cheating kids now and people who are old enough to know better.

YFU is right when he says the better of the lot was COD 2. For me I like the originals, it was something new, something which I loved but it has been ruined now by a new one every year. The glitches get worse too and people who are obviously SHIT at these games exploit the glitches. I mean theres nothing worse than running by somebody hiding underground who can shoot you, but you can't shoot them however much you try.
I mean, finding it by mistake and thinking, 'oh I'll get afew kills whilst I'm here because I'm stuck' is one thing. But to go to the same spot everytime the map starts up just so you can get kills is BORING and further more proves these people are SHIT! I found the MW titles had the most glitches by far.

For once I won't be buying this new COD. I will be trying something new and going to 'Medal Of Honour' this year. Plus, as S.H.Panda rightly said, BC2 is pissing all over MW/MW2 and will do for months to come. The only good thing to come from another COD this year will be that it will keep it's 'Boring, Cheating, Screaming Kids' with it, letting us 'Awesome Empire Gamers' to get on with some decent gaming.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 11
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 8:37:40 PM   
the anomaly

I've only started playing the CoD games since 4. I enjoyed CoD 4 the most but I've enjoyed playing through WaW & MW2. I never really get into the online. Though I do give it a go and run with the crowd for awhile. I didn't really play MW2 online but Spec Ops saved it for me. I won't be rushing out to buy it on day one. I don't play CoD enough to get bored of it and demand a new game each year. But I'll give it a rental or somthing.

I tried the demo of CoD ... I don't think I'll go back that far. But as everyone is raving about 2 I'll have to check it out at some point. But there's just too much out right now for me to go back tracking through the Xbox 360 back catalogue.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 12
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 30/4/2010 8:52:40 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

I've only started playing the CoD games since 4. I enjoyed CoD 4 the most but I've enjoyed playing through WaW & MW2. I never really get into the online. Though I do give it a go and run with the crowd for awhile. I didn't really play MW2 online but Spec Ops saved it for me. I won't be rushing out to buy it on day one. I don't play CoD enough to get bored of it and demand a new game each year. But I'll give it a rental or somthing.

I tried the demo of CoD ... I don't think I'll go back that far. But as everyone is raving about 2 I'll have to check it out at some point. But there's just too much out right now for me to go back tracking through the Xbox 360 back catalogue.

Agreed.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 13
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/5/2010 9:20:24 AM   
borstal

I'm optimistic. I liked CoD3 and WaW but after MW2 Im worried about what can happen. The success of the franchise means that the masses (ie kids) will be on pissing off people who want to play the game. Maybe they should include a 'no squeakers' mode for online where if theres a hint of squeaky...'you fag' then their console gets rroded 

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 14
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/5/2010 9:32:52 AM   
Spektre

I think kill streaks really ruined MW2. In this new one they should keep it simple...just a few basic perks, same ones from COD 4 will do, add more weapons and attachments but get rid of kill streaks.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 15
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/5/2010 11:49:02 AM   
thepluginbaby

I just want another zombie mode.  Nazi zombies made WAW.

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 16
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/5/2010 1:38:01 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spektre

I think kill streaks really ruined MW2. In this new one they should keep it simple...just a few basic perks, same ones from COD 4 will do, add more weapons and attachments but get rid of kill streaks.

I'd go one step further and say kill streaks AND perks have ruined the modern shooter.  Bad company 2  seems to get it right where by if you must have "perks" then make them nice extras, not game changing bullshit..... and even the magnum ammo in BC2 takes it a little bit too far.  I can live with that though because it can be easily countered with body armour amongst other things.  Can't counter a nuke or some fucking jumping high speed kangaroo with a knife that stabs you from 15 feet away.  Fuck COD, wont be giving Activision my money for that franchise in its current state...

I agree with YFU on COD2 also.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 17
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/5/2010 9:02:45 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I'm optimistic. I liked CoD3 and WaW but after MW2 Im worried about what can happen. The success of the franchise means that the masses (ie kids) will be on pissing off people who want to play the game. Maybe they should include a 'no squeakers' mode for online where if theres a hint of squeaky...'you fag' then their console gets rroded

If you ever stand for an Xbox Parliment, you have my vote Mr B.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 18
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/5/2010 9:03:30 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

I just want another zombie mode. Nazi zombies made WAW.

The Nazi Zombie Mode was an awesome idea, again please!

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 19
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 1/5/2010 9:14:07 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

quote:

I'd go one step further and say kill streaks AND perks have ruined the modern shooter. Bad company 2 seems to get it right where by if you must have "perks" then make them nice extras, not game changing bullshit..... and even the magnum ammo in BC2 takes it a little bit too far. I can live with that though because it can be easily countered with body armour amongst other things. Can't counter a nuke or some fucking jumping high speed kangaroo with a knife that stabs you from 15 feet away. Fuck COD, wont be giving Activision my money for that franchise in its current state...

I agree with YFU on COD2 also.

Taking away Perks and Kill Streaks will make the good players shine and the shit players (who do well because they managed to get a Harrier/Helicopter from afew lucky kills) even shitter............this is a very good idea.

COD 2 and 3 never had them and you had to managed with getting kills the old fashion way, 'AIM & SHOOT' and you had to get stuck in, not just pop people off from the other side of the map and then release a Harrier/Helicopter and sit back and watch the kills role in.
It potrays you as been really good at the game but really your not. And whats with the top 10 players have a Billion Score??? CHEATING I GUESS?

No COD this year for me, maybe rental but no thanks.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 20
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 2/5/2010 6:45:03 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Trailer - Clicky!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 21
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 2/5/2010 9:40:18 AM   
Spektre

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5044-COD--Black-Ops-Heading-To-Cuba-&-The-Arctic-Too--RRP-Is-%C2%A355-In-The-UK.html

RRP 55

Post #: 22
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 2/5/2010 10:16:37 AM   
James2183

It will no doubt be available at a cheaper price in Tesco etc.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 23
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 5/5/2010 11:03:52 AM   
Badgers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

quote:

Nazi zombies is the only thing that will ever make me buy another COD game. In fact, don't even bother with the main COD story, just make a zombie game.

Stuntcock!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

Just let me know where and when.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 24
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 5/5/2010 11:06:50 AM   
Spektre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Badgers

quote:

quote:

Nazi zombies is the only thing that will ever make me buy another COD game. In fact, don't even bother with the main COD story, just make a zombie game.

That mode had better zombies than any other game I've played, including Left 4 Dead! The way they moved was perfect.

(in reply to Badgers)
Post #: 25
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 19/5/2010 12:50:05 PM   
sroey

New trailer is out - http://uk.ign.com/

Looks pretty damn good actually - I noticed that the blood and gore from WAW makes a return in a quick shot of what looks to be a Vietnamese setting.

I actually really like WAW especially after completing MW2 and going back to WAW. Looks good!

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 26
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 19/5/2010 12:56:38 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

New trailer is out - http://uk.ign.com/

Looks pretty damn good actually - I noticed that the blood and gore from WAW makes a return in a quick shot of what looks to be a Vietnamese setting.

I actually really like WAW especially after completing MW2 and going back to WAW. Looks good!

WaW is definately my favourite of the series, started off the single player campaign again - MW2 was alright, didnt really like the multiplayer too much though and the story was just....just..a mess. I much prefer the CODs set in the past rather than the modern day settings, dont ask why just do So high hopes for this one, taking it into a slightly later era but keeping it still in the past.

< Message edited by jinks -- 19/5/2010 1:00:08 PM >

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 27
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 19/5/2010 1:02:20 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Badgers

quote:

quote:

I just want another zombie mode. Nazi zombies made WAW.

That mode had better zombies than any other game I've played, including Left 4 Dead! The way they moved was perfect.

I second that.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 28
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 19/5/2010 4:20:02 PM   
Scabby

From what I've heard from people who have seen the game: it's going to be awesome!

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 29
RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 25/5/2010 4:16:09 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scabby

From what I've heard from people who have seen the game: it's going to be awesome!

I was afraid of this been awesome!

The reasons been is that Multiplayer is crammed with screaming kids who have supposedly had your mum......chavs that can't speak english.....and cheating bastards who can't get a good score through the usually channel so they cheat and somehow get 10,000,000 score within the first week of the games release.

I thought I'd give this a miss this year so I don't have to put up with them but everytime I see a bloody trailer of this game I want it, I need it, I must have!!!!!

Think I'll wait until Christmas and ask for it rather than pre-order like I've done the rest.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Call Of Duty: Black Ops / Black Ops 2 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI