Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Iron Man 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Iron Man 2 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Iron Man 2 - 27/5/2010 8:58:15 PM   
mystra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Death_Row_Marv

Iron Man 2

lol well now no-one will need to see the film to know what happens.... too much info! Good job I've already seen it! :)

< Message edited by mystra -- 27/5/2010 9:58:51 PM >

(in reply to Death_Row_Marv)
Post #: 151
RE: Iron Man 2 - 1/6/2010 12:16:28 AM   
kumar

A bit meh really. I was expecting far more from Whiplash and when Rourke looks so cool i think its criminal what he was wasted to. Had the end fight been better I would have found it more enjoyable- I liked the double team up but the appearance of whiplash was far too underwhelming. But three stars is about right, ill watch it again and I cant wait for the other marvel films.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 152
RE: Iron Man 2 - 2/6/2010 8:06:29 PM   
robwillphill

Ok, Iron Man 2 was good but quite dissapointing. The first was fantastic (9/10) and this sequel looked like it had the potential to live up to its first. Unfortunately, no. Why? here are my reasons:

1) Whiplash - Mickey Rourke's character was undeveloped and Whiplash was killed off far too quickly in a ridiculously short and anti-climactic end battle.

2) Too many characters spoil the broth - Was Scarlett necessary? Did Favreau's character need a bigger part? The fight between Iron Man and War machine was... pointless.

3) Too much clever talk - Should have focused more on the plot and also cut down on the stretched-out, boring, and relatively dull plot thread surrounding Starks' body contamination problems.

However, it was a good night out, it was enjoyable, and it was great to see Sam Rockwell and even a glimse of Thor's hammer at the end credits. In fact, on that note, the credits were dull too! Oh and the first fight scene was incredible, really really good. So not all bad, just an average superhero film - and that is what Iron Man 2 should never have been...

7/10

(Oh, and I miss The Dude )

http://youtube.com/audience

Check out my latest films:
- http://youtu.be/Z2zrRi06Rb0
- http://dai.ly/fSojJ3

---------------------------------------------------

Stewie: We're playing house
Lois: But that boy's tied up
Stewie: It's Roman Polanski's house

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 153
RE: Iron Man 2 - 2/6/2010 8:50:40 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Death_Row_Marv

Iron Man 2

Jesus Christ, man!  Does the word Spoiler mean nothing to you?!

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 2/6/2010 8:51:00 PM >

(in reply to Death_Row_Marv)
Post #: 154
- 3/11/2010 11:42:03 AM   
reminn

Good.

Post #: 155
- 19/11/2010 9:03:09 PM   
TheGodfather

Yesterday:

Iron Man 2
Earlier this year I missed it in the cinema so now I finally saw it on blu-ray.
The result is a flick that isn`t a fresh as the first part by a long shot. Many of the things that made that film so fun, original and enjoyable now made sure that this part wasn`t any of those things. Especially this can be seen in the snappy dialogues between Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow. They aren`t quite as sharp as in the first part and tend to get annoying at some point.
One of the biggest plusses of this installment, Mickey Rourke as the bad guy, doesn`t get enough screen time and is heavily missed in the middle section of the film.
All of this makes it an entertaining film but doesn`t come anywhere near the first one.

7,2/10

Post #: 156
Dissapointing at best - 20/12/2010 7:10:44 AM   
moc1988

Barely two action scenes, 1 at the start one at the end. There was a massive amount of time devoted to talking about a problem(1 hour maybe plus) that dissapears within 30 seconds of Jackson turning up with a miracle solution; why spend so much time building up the problem before eliminating it lickity split? Jackson came across as an angry and drunk NIck Fury. The ending scene was a joke with no real danger to anyone but Rourke who gives away his last chance for revenge 5 minutes before the bombs blew up - wasn't Rourke meant to be playing a genius? Plot lines going all over the place, felt like a 2 hour advertisement for the avengers- which will probably be an ad for the avengers 2 and so on- an extremely dissapointing after considering how good the first film was. I live in hope that any sequels to this ''action movie'' won't be 99% talking

Post #: 157
Enjoyable - 2/1/2011 11:57:58 AM   
AntGC

I enjoyed this movie as much as the first i must admit but i thought they spent a bit to much time in "Get drunk because im dying slowly" mode.....AKA destroying his house and being depressed.
Apart from that it was great, I just hope they dont use the "steal his plans and make my own robot" in the 3rd film if there is.

Post #: 158
- 16/10/2011 11:17:52 AM   
Ciaran McDaid

Great performance from Downey Jr.

Post #: 159
Iron Man 2 Review - 19/12/2011 2:09:47 PM   
the film man

It isn't quite the breath of fresh air that Iron Man was, but this sequel comes close with solid performances and an action-packed plot.

Post #: 160
RE: Empire gets it right this time - 25/4/2012 4:09:59 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElSloano64

Time for my tuppence worth...!

A lot of scenes in Iron Man 2 felt like that. As if screenwriter Justin Theroux was doing an "Emil Gargunza" and extracting the urine, basically, out of his test subjects.

I think you'd earn much more than a tuppence for that one. I don't know how I missed it .

I saw the film again earlier today. It definitely isn't as good as the first film and they certainly blocked the arteries with the set-up for the Avengers. They should just have made mild references and left it at that. I don't like Mickey "Irish" Rourke and he was horribly miscast here. I think Sam Rockwell made an excellent Justin Hammer. It would be great to have him back in a sequel. I think the character of Happy should've stayed as he was in the first film. And I would've preferred Terrence Howard in the role of Rhodes but of course there was a falling out. All in all, it's fine with some good moments but I think it's let down by some bad decisions.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to ElSloano64)
Post #: 161
Iron Man 2 - 24/6/2012 3:05:55 AM   
norgizfox

Despite dazzling visual effects and a few good performances, Iron Man 2 does not live up to the expectations of it's original. The films spends too much time developing the wrong characters and not enough time keeping the audience interested in its plot. This sequel seems not much more than a way to make explosions and set things up for The Avengers.

Post #: 162
crap - 22/9/2012 9:43:24 PM   
SpeedSailor

apon crap.

nice effects but the script is pants

Post #: 163
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Iron Man 2 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI