Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 7:16:06 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

I can't wait till the reveal that the dino's can actually speak! "Humans, you WILL KNEEL and OBEY!!"

And turn the humans into slaves? Does that mean you'll then have a revolutionist shouting "get your paws off me you damned dirty dino!"?

That's me that is!

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 91
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 9:32:00 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Also, I'll make this the US speed thread.

I thought it had been agreed this was the UK speed thread? Although I think there's only a few days in it....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 92
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 9:41:17 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah I was thinking that. Don't really wanna be seeing any spoilers before we get the UK ep.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 93
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 7/10/2011 1:01:23 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Ok, wotevs like. Feel free to change it over, but I figure it made sense since the US comes first.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 94
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 7/10/2011 1:06:03 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Meh - I'll just start a new thread for UK peeps. Keeps things right then.....

Post #: 95
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 7/10/2011 1:09:24 AM   
homersimpson_esq

We both seem so amazingly bothered... 

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 96
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 9/10/2011 6:17:09 PM   
galvatron

I thought it was pretty mediocre. I couldn't give a toss about most the characters and I just keep feeling disappointed that one of the kids doesn't get eaten. Also, the family have virtually no chemistry - not just with the dad - but with each other, it seems so forced. Plotlines have been poor too. Going to take a lot to turn it around for me. 

Post #: 97
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 9/10/2011 6:59:04 PM   
Timon

Well, I've seen the pilot and thought it was ok. Family stuff was a bit contrived, but it was entertaining enough. The Sixers subplot and the mysterious equations will hold my interest for the next couple of episodes at least.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 98
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 9/10/2011 10:09:26 PM   
James2183

Two episodes in and there is only one word for this.

Seriously?!

EDIT: This show has a budget of $70m.

< Message edited by James2183 -- 9/10/2011 10:24:19 PM >

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 99
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 11/10/2011 1:25:37 AM   
beebs_

70mil?! It looks expensive... but the effects are still pretty damn shoddy. 

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 100
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 11/10/2011 1:43:12 AM   
Rgirvan44

The 70 million went on the sets I bet. Which is why we will not be leaving them that often. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 101
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 11/10/2011 1:51:20 AM   
beebs_

I like the main character... I can't remember he's name... but it's just not gripping enough.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 102
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 11/10/2011 12:31:16 PM   
shool

I've given up halkway through Episode 3.

Pretty boring. I like Steven Lang (Even though he's pretty much the same character as Avatar), but he's not enough to carry the show.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 103
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 11/10/2011 1:38:43 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I've given up halkway through Episode 3.

Pretty boring. I like Steven Lang (Even though he's pretty much the same character as Avatar), but he's not enough to carry the show.

You say halfway, I said 15 minutes. Binned it as well.

Worst. Survival Training. Ever.

< Message edited by Chief -- 11/10/2011 1:39:01 PM >

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 104
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 11/10/2011 5:02:31 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I thought the third ep was no better or worse than the first two, so I'll be sticking with it for now.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 105
RE: Terra Nova - US Speed - 12/10/2011 1:36:15 AM   
galvatron

Episode three was pretty poor. I worked out after 20 minutes that the flu would save them and that the shady Aussie was working with the sixers. It's been very boring so far; need to see more of the sixers. 

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 106
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 12/10/2011 8:28:00 AM   
Tafferel

quote:

Yeah it must be, but to be frank, again, if it's a seperate time line how are they able to send and get back msg to the future??? It makes NO. SNESE. AT. ALL. I should be the show runner. First thing I'd do is a hughe cast cull, have a dino massacre at Terra Nova and the replace the majority of em with people who can actually, you know...act. Where the hell are the BSG crew when you need 'em??

Are we sure they can communicate with the future?  My girlfriend and I were having the same conversation i.e. how would "the future" know what supplies to send etc? Also the fact they somehow recruited the doctor lady. Add to that the fact I'm convinced they said at the start there was no way they could communicate and I'm very confused with that element of the plot, and not in a good, early episodes of Lost kind of way!

So far, so cheesy, but i'll stick with it for a while, for the comedy value if nothing else

Post #: 107
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 12/10/2011 12:01:28 PM   
galvatron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tafferel

quote:

Yeah it must be, but to be frank, again, if it's a seperate time line how are they able to send and get back msg to the future??? It makes NO. SNESE. AT. ALL. I should be the show runner. First thing I'd do is a hughe cast cull, have a dino massacre at Terra Nova and the replace the majority of em with people who can actually, you know...act. Where the hell are the BSG crew when you need 'em??

Are we sure they can communicate with the future?  My girlfriend and I were having the same conversation i.e. how would "the future" know what supplies to send etc? Also the fact they somehow recruited the doctor lady. Add to that the fact I'm convinced they said at the start there was no way they could communicate and I'm very confused with that element of the plot, and not in a good, early episodes of Lost kind of way!

So far, so cheesy, but i'll stick with it for a while, for the comedy value if nothing else

I'm sure they said they couldn't communicate with the future but it appears like they can cos the Aussie barman wants to get a message through. There are a lot of plot holes in this show.

(in reply to Tafferel)
Post #: 108
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 12/10/2011 11:00:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

Yeah, I am pretty much done with this show.

I am shocked that this turned out to be watered down, non-offensive "drama".

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 109
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 12/10/2011 11:02:08 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Really? Even after Falling Skies??

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 110
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 12/10/2011 11:13:11 PM   
beebs_

Yeah, it's still meh. It looks like Homeland is the one show that I'll be sticking with this season.

"Paramasturbatory"?

Post #: 111
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/3/2012 6:06:45 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm glad I gave up on this halfway through. It's been cancelled by Fox.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 112
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI