Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 7:18:03 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

I'd be interested in watching this whether it turned out to be awful or great I'd still stick till the end because it's Spielberg.

Did you stick with Falling Skies? I didn't.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 61
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 7:20:53 PM   
The REAL Bozz

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

quote:

I'd be interested in watching this whether it turned out to be awful or great I'd still stick till the end because it's Spielberg.

It's not Spielberg though. Not really. He has nothing to do with the running of the show. In fact it's gone throught several already as far as I know. Never a good sign. Saying that I did watch the second episode. Im sticking with it cause it's such a good idea. Just the execution is shite so far.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 62
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 7:23:25 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

It is literally Avatar: The Live Action Show

Not literally, there's no Navi.  Although the leader was in Avatar playing (more or less) the same role.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 63
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 7:26:55 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

quote:

quote:

It's not Spielberg though. Not really. He has nothing to do with the running of the show. In fact it's gone throught several already as far as I know. Never a good sign. Saying that I did watch the second episode. Im sticking with it cause it's such a good idea. Just the execution is shite so far.

He's executive producer (same as Falling)  He'll put his name on any old tosh these days, Transformers anyone?

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 64
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 7:36:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

It is literally Avatar: The Live Action Show

Not literally, there's no Navi.  Although the leader was in Avatar playing (more or less) the same role.

I can't tell if you are joking or not....

Yes, there are no Navi -  but it is still Avatar: The TV Show. It is aping that film like you wouldn't believe.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 65
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 7:37:01 PM   
Rgirvan44

First proper episode feels like something out of a mid - 90s sci-fi show. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 66
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 8:23:30 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

Episode two? Or...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 67
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 8:45:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Episode two? Or...

Yeah, the second episode. Just blah.

Post #: 68
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 8:51:03 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

quote:

Episode two? Or...

Yeah, the second episode. Just blah.

It was ok.  The main tussle with the Dinosaurs was exciting.  I'm not sure where they're going with all this though.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 69
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 9:52:07 PM   
Titanm21

Personally I like it

Although the kid doing an impression of the son from 'War of the Worlds' needs to fuck off

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

Post #: 70
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 11:05:09 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Here's a thought.

They've travelled back in time to start again. Won't the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs wipe them out? Seems a bit pointless to me.....

Also, is that Meehan from BoB??

The answer was 10 posts above your question!

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

Actually really enjoyed this, a lot more than I thought I would. Script could use a bit if work mind, damnation should never be said in anything. One thing that is puzzling me and I'm not sure it's been addressed.. This whole re starting the human race thing.. Wasn't there a little obstacle the dinosaurs faced? One that's caused them not to be here anymore?

That is like 20 million years from that point. Mankind has only really existed in its present form for 100,000 years. Shouldn't be a concern yet.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 71
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 11:37:35 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Is that really an answer though? Why build a new civilisation if you know (for certain) it's gonna be wiped out eventually...  I thought the point was to give humanity a chance in the future.  Then again if this is a separate time line (presumably) maybe the meteor won't hit?  

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 4/10/2011 11:39:21 PM >

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 72
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 11:46:00 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I dont think they are that bothered seeing as it wont hit for millions of years. Then again with it being a different time line (I still don't understand how they are able to communicate with the future if this is the case) maybe they have an idea on how to avert it? There are signs pointing to that possibility with the Six's having a plan to change the future and Lang's son leaving those cryptic chalk drawings...

On another note, why does Spilberg produced stuff always have to have a massive empthasis on the family unit? He needs a new angle. Same with Falling Skies. These shows suffer cause the audiance has to endure these really contrived family units who are really pretty weak as far as character goes. Sorry to bang on about this, but I think the idea behind this show is awesome but it's being totally wasted and ruined with the creative decisions.

Like some posters have pointed out, half the time it feels like your watching some show from the mid 90's. I don't mean effects wise, just in terms of poor characters. I don't buy them as a family at all. It's like you can tell they are acting the whole time, as is the case with most of the cast in this, except for Lang and the main guy. Everyone else is so poor! Like where the hell did they get the GI guy who is crushing on the sister or the black dude with the fro who got attacked in the pilot? Like really bad community theatre.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 4/10/2011 11:50:06 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 73
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 11:49:16 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It has to be a separate time line right? Otherwise it doesn't make sense and creates a major paradox.  

Post #: 74
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 11:52:39 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah it must be, but to be frank, again, if it's a seperate time line how are they able to send and get back msg to the future??? It makes NO. SNESE. AT. ALL. I should be the show runner. First thing I'd do is a hughe cast cull, have a dino massacre at Terra Nova and the replace the majority of em with people who can actually, you know...act. Where the hell are the BSG crew when you need 'em??

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 75
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 11:57:33 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Yeah it must be, but to be frank, again, if it's a seperate time line how are they able to send and get back msg to the future??? It makes NO. SNESE. AT. ALL. I should be the show runner. First thing I'd do is a hughe cast cull, have a dino massacre at Terra Nova and the replace the majority of em with people who can actually, you know...act. Where the hell are the BSG crew when you need 'em??

Not the best way to make your point   I agree though, so far the premise is making the kinda sense that isn't. 

Post #: 76
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 5/10/2011 12:04:03 AM   
The REAL Bozz

It has its moments. The attack on the jeep thing with the teens in the jungle was good and when they all starting busting caps I was laughing my head off. Then when the one gal does a legger and you think she's gets munched I was like 'wow. This actually has some balls' and that what happens? Oh. Wait. She's alive. They keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 77
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 5/10/2011 12:08:11 AM   
Rgirvan44

They KNOW something is going to hit in 20 million years. Can you image where mankind will be 20 million years from now? I am sure by the time there would be massive starships that can blow up the rock before it gets close. 

Post #: 78
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 5/10/2011 12:12:53 AM   
The REAL Bozz

I can't wait till the reveal that the dino's can actually speak! "Humans, you WILL KNEEL and OBEY!!"

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 5/10/2011 12:13:29 AM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 79
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 5/10/2011 12:16:33 AM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

They KNOW something is going to hit in 20 million years. Can you image where mankind will be 20 million years from now? I am sure by the time there would be massive starships that can blow up the rock before it gets close. 

Good thinking Batman

Now explain the separate time line / contacting the future plot!

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 5/10/2011 12:25:33 AM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 80
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 5/10/2011 3:09:56 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Good thinking Batman

Can't help you. Unless it actully isn't an alternative timeline - the colony has been lied to.

Post #: 81
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 3:58:44 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Stephen Lang playing pretty much the EXACT same character he did in AVATAR. And the CG does look a bit kack.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 82
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 10:44:29 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good thinking Batman

Can't help you. Unless it actully isn't an alternative timeline - the colony has been lied to.

Well, no that doesn't work cos of past-changing-the-future paradoxes. Granted, 20mil years any changes will be slight.

They do mention in the pilot that it's a new timeline, because they never found the probe. Which is pretty woolly: what if they just didn't look in the right place? I mean, the land is basically Pangaea (or however it's spelt) so there will have been MASSIVE movement over that time. Probably quite hard to find that wee probe 20mill years later. But yeah, that's the problem with time travel stories. Often, as The Real Bozz says, they make NO. SNESE. AT. ALL. And I like my stories to make snese.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 83
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 10:44:54 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Also, I'll make this the US speed thread.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 84
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 3:05:22 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good thinking Batman

Well, no that doesn't work cos of past-changing-the-future paradoxes. Granted, 20mil years any changes will be slight.

They do mention in the pilot that it's a new timeline, because they never found the probe. Which is pretty woolly: what if they just didn't look in the right place? I mean, the land is basically Pangaea (or however it's spelt) so there will have been MASSIVE movement over that time. Probably quite hard to find that wee probe 20mill years later. But yeah, that's the problem with time travel stories. Often, as The Real Bozz says, they make NO. SNESE. AT. ALL. And I like my stories to make snese.

But could you not combine the asteroid and the time line thing together?  Surely any changes to the timeline are academic because they will all be reset after the asteroid hits?  Assuming they don't find a way to stop this, but I think a world-wide extinction event would pretty much kill everyone anyway.

EDIT: I actually liked it.  The son was a bit of a douche but other than that I think it has some potential.  Although the CGI was rather crap. 

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 6/10/2011 3:07:48 PM >

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

Post #: 85
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 4:26:15 PM   
Chief

There's so much I don't like about this but I'm going to watch episode 3. Probably.

The acting & script are woeful and whoever posted about paintball armour was spot on. The guns look plastic as well.
I have zero interest in any of the characters. I hope something bad happens to Sky, though it probably won't.
Commander Avatar Man is the least convincing military leader I've seen, the pose he struck once they'd climbed the rocks was straight off of a shortbread tin.
Hands on hips, one leg on a rock gaze into the middle distance. The equivalent of rubbing your belly and saying yum to show you enjoyed food.

Post #: 86
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 5:39:53 PM   
Shifty Bench

It's not great, but I'll give it a few more episodes for it to find its feet. 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 87
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 5:47:23 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Did I catch that one of the characters is called Wash? 

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 88
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 5:49:35 PM   
Shifty Bench

I think the female second in command is called Wash, yes 

(according to IMDB her name is Alicia Washington)

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 6/10/2011 5:51:11 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 89
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/10/2011 5:51:40 PM   
homersimpson_esq

That's just ... incomprehensible, really. 

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI