Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/8/2010 12:40:02 PM   
Captain Black

She was in Kings - she's decent as far as these 20-something young actresses go, I hope she's playing the daughter character.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 31
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/1/2011 7:42:03 PM   
Timon

First images. No dinosaurs.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=73055

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 32
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 6/1/2011 7:46:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

Looks....ok?

I had a whole other visual style in my head for some reason.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 33
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 7/2/2011 12:57:07 PM   
Zaphod121

First teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCEzyNRcn_Q

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 34
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 7/2/2011 1:02:15 PM   
Wedge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

First images. No dinosaurs.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=73055

Some serious guns there!

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 35
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 18/9/2011 9:21:44 PM   
Base

Teasers been popping up on Sky for this, looks worth a try. Think it starts next week in the US, anyone else looking forward to it...?

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 36
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 19/9/2011 9:27:37 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

Teasers been popping up on Sky for this, looks worth a try. Think it starts next week in the US, anyone else looking forward to it...?

I'd love to get excited, but then I look at Spielberg track record with shows for the small screen and I start to think it might be another 'Falling Skies'. Heavy on the cheesy cliched family drama....

I don't think I've enjoyed anything Spielberg has been involved with for the small screen. Not seen Band of Brothers though.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 37
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 19/9/2011 9:32:48 AM   
The REAL Bozz

I'm not even watching this thanks to the shit fest that was Falling Skies. I'll be waiting for more episode reviews before checking it out.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 38
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 19/9/2011 9:33:00 AM   
elab49

For some reason the trailers keep reminding me of a cheesy genre show called The Lost World - which I've noticed getting reruns on The Horror Channel. Maybe they think it doesn't look dissimilar too.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 39
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 19/9/2011 11:31:47 PM   
Base

Gee, tough crowd

Oh well, as one of the 2 people on the planet that liked Falling Skies, I'll give it a go...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 40
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 19/9/2011 11:33:34 PM   
Rgirvan44

I look forward to watching dinosaurs in time.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 41
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 1:30:54 PM   
Mojo

Has anybody checked out the first episode that aired last night in the States? I thought it was pretty good in places and has potential, but the concept far outstretches the budget.

Loved the Aliens reference. Mostly.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 42
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 7:25:45 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I was about to cave and give this a look but then saw a review mention the 'angst ridden teen son' and decided to swerve this. Quite a few reviews have said the characters are shit. Shame, cool idea.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 43
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 7:33:53 PM   
Rgirvan44

I'll give the show this - it has amazing scale. People have been snarky about the effects, but future Earth and the colony looked impressive. Not to mention the sheer number of people in some scenes. And the size of the sets! You can see the money being spent on this show.

The dino effects aren't always the best, but they can't all be winners!

Overall it is a fairly safe show. The lead guy is actully alright. The son...yes, whiney - and unlike the kid from WOTW there is no subtext to it.

It is very much Avatar: The TV Show with all the entails. Worth watching to see movie scale being brought to the small screen, but don't expect anything new.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 44
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 7:35:38 PM   
Rgirvan44

It's better than Outcasts. 

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 45
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 7:41:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

Although if I was Lang I would have put every one of those kids on farm duty for the rest of their lives. 

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 46
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 8:02:23 PM   
Joedini

Actually really enjoyed this, a lot more than I thought I would. Script could use a bit if work mind, damnation should never be said in anything. One thing that is puzzling me and I'm not sure it's been addressed.. This whole re starting the human race thing.. Wasn't there a little obstacle the dinosaurs faced? One that's caused them not to be here anymore?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 47
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 8:05:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

Actually really enjoyed this, a lot more than I thought I would. Script could use a bit if work mind, damnation should never be said in anything. One thing that is puzzling me and I'm not sure it's been addressed.. This whole re starting the human race thing.. Wasn't there a little obstacle the dinosaurs faced? One that's caused them not to be here anymore?

That is like 20 million years from that point. Mankind has only really existed in its present form for 100,000 years. Shouldn't be a concern yet.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 48
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 8:11:28 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

That is like 20 million years from that point. Mankind has only really existed in its present form for 100,000 years. Shouldn't be a concern yet.

This show is kinda sounding a bit Flintstones from what I'm reading.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 49
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 8:12:13 PM   
Rgirvan44

It is literally Avatar: The Live Action Show

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 50
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 8:18:07 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

It is literally Avatar: The Live Action Show

Ah, so I gather Fox are still milking the proverbial cash-cow then?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 51
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 27/9/2011 10:00:32 PM   
Base

Well, it's Monday on Sky, is this going to be a US or UK speed thread??

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 52
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 29/9/2011 2:32:27 PM   
white mage

Managed to sit through the whole three hours of this. The special effects were great, but they need to come up with better storylines. Why is it always the neglectful fathers that get it in the neck? Guys who have daddy issuses. You can stick characters in the most unbelivable enviorment but they will have the same issuses as everyone else everywhere.

We do not write the songs, we live them

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 53
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 3/10/2011 10:31:40 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base
Well, it's Monday on Sky, is this going to be a US or UK speed thread??

UK, I reckon.

Considering they had more time than any other network show in the history of ever to work on this thing, it displays more of the typical pilot problems than anything in recent memory. It's got cobbled together bits of scenes where you can see what they were aiming for (like Jim's entrance to the time leak or whatever they called it) but the setup for each of those is either terrible, unnecessary or both. And it just seems really badly judged in terms of operating within the limits of a TV budget, like those establishing shots of the future world - why exactly? Also, I'd have to watch them back to back, but I reckon Primeval has more convincing dinos.

But despite all that, I didn't hate it. And for the first bit after they go back in time to Terra Nova and they're just being absored into the world and there's no emphasis on plot, it worked pretty well. The actors are well cast - Lang's playing Quarritch's less psychotic brother and Jason O'Mara demonstrates he's good lead actor material (can't help but imagine Kyle Chandler in his scenes though), and the actor playing the son was only mildly punchable which, given the writing of his character, is an achievement.

And now that the setup's out of the way, I expect it to veer off in all different directions while the writers attempt to work out what works and what doesn't.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 54
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 3/10/2011 10:58:26 PM   
The REAL Bozz

"All of the action scenes with the security force did not seem realistic. Tactics, reactions, dialogue, demeanor... none of it felt right or believable. And the paintball armor is very distracting.

It would be well worth it to have a few less CGI scenes and use that money to bring on a military consultant. And better writers..."

I read that on the IMDB boards and it pretty much sums up what I thought aswell. Just don't buy none of the grunts. It was the same with Falling Skies, really bad extras running around playing soldier. So awful its funny, also where the heck was the drama and the wonder? These people go MILLIONS of years back in time and when they arrive there no sense of anything. Totally flat. Pisses me off because the idea behind the show is brilliant. So much potential thats gonna be wasted. You can tell it's gonna be shit. Did anyone else get a look at all the writers on this ep?? JeSUS. I think it's already on it's 8th new show runner.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 55
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 12:01:44 PM   
impqueen

Eh' it's decent to mildly rubbish and all the characters are annoying. I also sort of wished they had a series based on that future rather than going back to Dino times. I will watch the next episode at least to see if it has balls to go somewhere.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I'd rather see something like DinoRiders!

Seriously THIS would be epic. I loved this as a kid, had the toys and everything.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 4/10/2011 12:05:43 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 56
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 2:48:48 PM   
indysgill

Stupid fuckin kids and their moonshine. If they had got well and truly pissed they would have been unable to get back home and have been eaten. That would have been a better story line.

Also the older sister of the family in part one said that they were on an alt time line that why that probe statue had never been found in the future, yet the next episode neglectful father asks Avatar man why he has not called back to the future about the seperatists in Terra Nova.

What gives?!?

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 57
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 6:45:24 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Here's a thought.

They've travelled back in time to start again. Won't the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs wipe them out? Seems a bit pointless to me.....

Also, is that Meehan from BoB??

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 58
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 7:14:07 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It was entertaining enough.  The dinosaurs still look more convincing in Jurassic Park though, and that was eighteen years ago.  The premise of the show makes no sense - if you change the past you'll create a paradox. 

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 59
RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series - 4/10/2011 7:15:06 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

They've travelled back in time to start again. Won't the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs wipe them out? Seems a bit pointless to me.....

This.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Terra Nova - Spielberg's Time Travel/Dinosaur Series Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI