Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! Page: <<   < prev  44 45 46 47 [48]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 29/2/2012 3:27:55 PM   
Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: bondfan

Is Lucus milking fans again ??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=star+wars+3d+blu+ray&x=0&y=0&sprefix=star+wars+3d%2Cdvd%2C176

play.com

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/28882467/Star-Wars-Episode-I-The-Phantom-Menace-3D/Product.html?searchstring=star+wars+blu+ray+3d&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

So just a few months after the umpteenth re-release, this time on to blu-ray they're doing it again?!!! Do these people have no shame?

All I can see are standard place-holders. Has there been any official word that this is actually coming?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1411
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 29/2/2012 4:30:15 PM   
Spaldron

Just to say anyone who hasn't seen the despecialized editions should do so immediately, I just watched about 20 minutes of ANH and it looks spectacular, no alterations in sight. They also come with five separate audio tracks including the original mono, several 2 channel tracks ('77, '92 and '93) and a new and improved 5.1 mix.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 1412
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 29/2/2012 4:47:16 PM   
talpacino

quote:

Just to say anyone who hasn't seen the despecialized editions should do so immediately, I just watched about 20 minutes of ANH and it looks spectacular, no alterations in sight. They also come with five separate audio tracks including the original mono, several 2 channel tracks ('77, '92 and '93) and a new and improved 5.1 mix.

These weren't included on the Blu Ray were they? Or is this just the DVDs from a few years ago?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I see what you're on about now.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 29/2/2012 4:56:03 PM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1413
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 29/2/2012 4:57:28 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

These weren't included on the Blu Ray were they? Or is this just the DVDs from a few years ago?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I see what you're on about now.

Once you get these you'll never want to buy another Lucas approved set again.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1414
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 29/2/2012 5:01:08 PM   
bondfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bondfan

Is Lucus milking fans again ??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_12?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=star+wars+3d+blu+ray&x=0&y=0&sprefix=star+wars+3d%2Cdvd%2C176

play.com

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/28882467/Star-Wars-Episode-I-The-Phantom-Menace-3D/Product.html?searchstring=star+wars+blu+ray+3d&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

So just a few months after the umpteenth re-release, this time on to blu-ray they're doing it again?!!! Do these people have no shame?

All I can see are standard place-holders. Has there been any official word that this is actually coming?

Hear you go Star wars blu ray 3D again !!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/star-wars-3d-blu-ray-coming-spring-091600817.html

< Message edited by bondfan -- 29/2/2012 5:02:27 PM >

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 1415
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 29/2/2012 6:36:26 PM   
DancingClown

But if you're not interested in seeing Star Wars in 3D why would you give a crap? By all acounts TPM looked a bit shit in retro-3D so that doesn't hold much hope for the other releases, and if it looked crap in theatres I can't imagine it being vastly improved in one's living room. If you abstain from indulging these new releases then it's not as if you're missing out on something. Unless they have super-duper extras not available on the recent blu-rays, of course....

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 29/2/2012 7:48:37 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to bondfan)
Post #: 1416
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 29/2/2012 7:52:20 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

If you abstain from indulging these new releases then it's not as if you're missing out on something.

This. Getting outraged about a 3D Blu-Ray is pointless.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1417
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 29/2/2012 8:03:44 PM   
Rgirvan44

It will be the biggest 3D BRs ever!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 1418
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 2/6/2012 5:37:16 PM   
Sotto Voce

I got the OT blu rays not realising all the extras are only on the complete set.
So is it worth getting the complete set for the extras?

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1419
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 3/6/2012 11:15:54 AM   
Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

I got the OT blu rays not realising all the extras are only on the complete set.

It depends who you ask.

I think it's a really good collection of bits and pieces: especially the stuff from the archive and the deleted scenes.

It was not the comprehensive set some were hoping for, but most of the stuff on the bonus discs had never been released before and that which had was long out of print. There is very little overlap with any of the earlier sets. There are those who lament that the documentaries from the DVD sets aren't on there, but as I still have the DVDs it doesn't bother me.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 1420
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 5/7/2012 2:11:55 AM   
Hood_Man

I've finally gotten round to watching the bonus discs for these, the deleted scenes are so far the most interesting part.

I can understand why it was taken out but it's a shame the Droid Control Ship attack in AOTC was taken out. I'm also pissing myself laughing at how rough it looks, particularly the spinning Lion alien thing

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 1421
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 7/7/2012 12:31:33 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

It depends who you ask.

I think it's a really good collection of bits and pieces: especially the stuff from the archive and the deleted scenes.

It was not the comprehensive set some were hoping for, but most of the stuff on the bonus discs had never been released before and that which had was long out of print. There is very little overlap with any of the earlier sets. There are those who lament that the documentaries from the DVD sets aren't on there, but as I still have the DVDs it doesn't bother me.

wish they had added some of the extras from disc 7 of the boxset, concerning corusant, naboo and tatooine, to the 3 disc OT and prequel sets.

stop them from seeming like vanillas discs.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 7/7/2012 1:50:35 PM >

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 1422
RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! - 11/8/2012 1:56:15 PM   
spark1

been nearly a year since this set came out and still no price cut.
i was hoping it would be as cheap as the full 'alien' blu ray set by now.

even online prices for it are still steep.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 14/8/2012 2:54:17 PM >

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 1423
Page:   <<   < prev  44 45 46 47 [48]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !! Page: <<   < prev  44 45 46 47 [48]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI