Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 19/4/2010 8:48:44 PM  1 votes
shitneck

You can just imagine it can't you? "ooooh, george, look what we've just found in that box of crap at skywalker ranch , it's an unused scene from episode II..... maybe we can now make your definitive edition bluray box set and sell it for a small lottery win"
The guy is a money junkie, we have known this for years, so why do we act so surprised that yet more extra scenes are discovered, and just before a bluray release? I may go to the same film/business school as mr Lucas, as he seems to have graduated with honours with the "knack of unearthing lost footage" diploma.
At least it stops there, we could be really unlucky and have him uncover the lost 'Ewok adventure' footage!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: Star Wars Blu-Rays Confirmed - 19/4/2010 11:22:01 PM   
mrgadd4

I never got them on DVD as I was waiting for a six film set, so if they release the Blu Rays as a big box set, I'd be sorely tempted. If I had a Blu Ray Player. Or a HDTV. Or any money.

Post #: 32
Bound To Happen - 20/4/2010 12:47:57 PM   
spark1

as soon as blu ray was announced as a format this boxset was bound to materialise.

why the hate for lucas? am sure he and fox came to decision on this after seeing blu ray sales so far.

Post #: 33
RE: Bound To Happen - 20/4/2010 4:12:35 PM  1 votes
jediwarrior

So why is it that everytime Lucas puts something out he's always money grabbing. It's ok for film studios to release countless version of films on DVD but when George does it, he's a money grabber.

Hey this guy spends his own money on his films, he had the foresight to get the toy deals of fox. Good luck to the guy. If he makes money then he just ploughs it into new stuff like the Clone Wars and the upcoming live series.

For those of you who say he raped my childhood no he didn't  all what happen is you grew up. The Prequels were never going to live up to the originals when you saw them as a kid.
If the Prequels where released and you never had the original triology you would have said at the time that these are amazing films.
I myself like think Clones and Sith are amazing film, and Menace has some great moments in it. When watching the Prequels all together the story makes sense and you can quite clearly see the connections to the Original Trilogy.

< Message edited by jediwarrior -- 20/4/2010 4:16:18 PM >

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 34
- 20/4/2010 4:52:15 PM   
phil billinge

Jeez. What has a film collector to do? I first bought the original trilogy on VHS, then pan-and-scan Laserdiscs, then on widescreen NTSC Laserdiscs; the 'Definitive Collection' Laserdisc set (that's got brilliant extras); the Special Edition PAL Laserdisc box set: the Special Edition DVDs, and the Limited Edition not-buggered-about-with original 1977 version DVDs. George, please. You've milked me more than The Beatles... Oh, alright then. Hit me again.

Post #: 35
No no, the other guy please - 21/4/2010 11:55:33 AM   
Hanroro

Yes yes but what I really want on blu ray is Indiana Jones.

Post #: 36
grow up!!!!! - 22/4/2010 10:00:00 AM   
cookio1982

i dont know exactly what people are moaning about, you dont have to buy it on blu ray, most films are being released on blu ray now so why moan that some of the best films of all time (at least the original trilogy) are going to be released on this format, im pretty sure more people would be annoyed if they never come out on blu ray.

Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI