Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Great Beer Movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Great Beer Movie Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 9/6/2010 7:53:02 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: DAVID GILLESPIE

I remember my dad taking my brother and myself to see a Gregory's Girl and Monty Python and the Holy Grail double bill. I lived in Cumbernauld at the time and 3/4 of the audience left after the Gregory's Girl. Complete freaks! But yes, double bills were the bawz.

Another Double bill i saw many years ago at the cinema,and would make a good Beer movie double bill.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 181
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 9/6/2010 8:52:13 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

quote:

I remember my dad taking my brother and myself to see a Gregory's Girl and Monty Python and the Holy Grail double bill. I lived in Cumbernauld at the time and 3/4 of the audience left after the Gregory's Girl. Complete freaks! But yes, double bills were the bawz.

Another Double bill i saw many years ago at the cinema,and would make a good Beer movie double bill.

That is one nasty double bill! Also saw this double bill at age of 6 in Isle of Man with my gran and grandpa.

Featuring: -

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 182
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 9/6/2010 9:20:08 PM   
evil bill

quote:

That is one nasty double bill! Also saw this double bill at age of 6 in Isle of Man with my gran and grandpa.

Great Gran parents then.

Post #: 183
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 9/6/2010 9:40:56 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

quote:

Great Gran parents then.

Grandpa was fond of brunettes may he rest in peace.
Being a military man, he also took me to see this fantastic double bill a very long time ago at Cumbernauld cinema. This was a real numb bum affair.

Might I comment that the poster for Where Eagles Dare is just fantastic and would have been proud to have that hanging on my bedroom wall. A classic double bill.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 184
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 11/6/2010 10:10:53 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

It's world cup fever again and that can mean only one football 'beer' movie: -
Escape to Victory

"I DO ZIS,  ZIS, ZIS AND ZIS" Pele

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 185
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 19/6/2010 9:39:21 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

The Guardian (1990)
This modern day variation of The Hansel and Gretal storyline ticks all the boxes that you would want in a good drinking night, i.e. gore, nudity and violence. Jenny Seagrove plays a 'tree-hugging' witch that poses as a sexy nanny so that she can get her meathooks on a yuppie couple's newborn sprog. She plans to sacrifice it to one badass demon tree in the forest that already has a pile of tortured soles embedded into its bark. The final scenes are fantastic as a moss covered Seagrove chases mother and newly born child around their Ikea labyrinth of a house while daddy goes chainsaw crazy. The story is ridiculous and the movie was slated by critics but I thought it was a riot. 6/5/10

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 186
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 19/6/2010 3:13:46 PM   
evil bill

quote:

The Guardian (1990)
This modern day variation of The Hansel and Gretal storyline ticks all the boxes that you would want in a good drinking night, i.e. gore, nudity and violence. Jenny Seagrove plays a 'tree-hugging' witch that poses as a sexy nanny so that she can get her meathooks on a yuppie couple's newborn sprog. She plans to sacrifice it to one badass demon tree in the forest that already has a pile of tortured soles embedded into its bark. The final scenes are fantastic as a moss covered Seagrove chases mother and newly born child around their Ikea labyrinth of a house while daddy goes chainsaw crazy. The story is ridiculous and the movie was slated by critics but I thought it was a riot. 6/5/10

It was a riot,one of those so bad it's good movies,that ticked all the box's but maybe just to many.

Post #: 187
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 26/6/2010 7:22:15 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

Favourite beer movie actress nominations.

My nominations are Adrienne Barbeu, Melissa George and Kim Cattrall. A mixed bag.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 188
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 27/6/2010 1:25:02 PM   
dj vivace

Mate, this thread is becoming more and more pervy. I think you should re-name it "The Great Pervy Thread"  Can i nominate these four lovelies, Red Sonja, Radha Mitchell, Rose Mcgowan and everyones favourite, Asia Argento!!

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

Post #: 189
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 27/6/2010 1:38:36 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

Munro & Seymour - Very muchly featured in the fantasies of young Snake-Eyes.

FORCE 10 FROM NAVARONE - Indiana Jones, Apollo Creed, Quint, Django and 'Jaws' - Cool Stuff!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

Post #: 190
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 27/6/2010 4:03:18 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: dj vivace

Mate, this thread is becoming more and more pervy. I think you should re-name it "The Great Pervy Thread"  Can i nominate these four lovelies, Red Sonja, Radha Mitchell, Rose Mcgowan and everyones favourite, Asia Argento!!

What can I say to that cruel accusation? Tis true. I knew you wouldn't miss out the lovely Radha. People shouldn't slam Home and Away and Neighbours. They did give us some real talent.

Holly Valance, Kate Ritchie and ... oh how did that get in there?

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 191
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 27/6/2010 4:09:12 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

Where are they now?
Apparently Brigette features in cartoon time with Rolf Harris these days.

Can ye tell what it is yet!!! Dum, Dum, Dum, Sun arise erly in the mornin

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 192
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 28/6/2010 5:46:57 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

quote:

Where are they now?

Mate, i seriously have no idea what on earth goes on in that head of yours at times, but lord does it make me laugh!!!

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

Post #: 193
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 28/6/2010 6:25:32 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where are they now?

Mate, i seriously have no idea what on earth goes on in that head of yours at times, but lord does it make me laugh!!!

There only one thing about me that makes my wife laugh and unfortunately it's not my sense of humour
But seriously though, have you seen the size of that woman's feet?

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 194
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 28/6/2010 6:33:47 PM   
evil bill

Well my pick for hottest babes in beer movies are.ASIA of course.

Jennifer Tilly

Angelia Jolie
Jennifer Ellison
,a

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 195
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 29/6/2010 1:39:20 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where are they now?

There only one thing about me that makes my wife laugh and unfortunately it's not my sense of humour
But seriously though, have you seen the size of that woman's feet?

I hope that man draws a picture over her feet in order to half them in size! Thats awful

Horror Cult Film Reviews

Post #: 196
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 29/6/2010 1:40:39 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

Jennifer Tilly

Angelia Jolie
Jennifer Ellison
,a

Great choices mate, can't argue with any of them. You know, there's something strangley seductive about Jeniffer Tilly's voice

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 197
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 29/6/2010 2:10:09 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

Also worth a mention: -

Katie Featherston (Paranormal Activity)

Jordana Brewster

Tara Reid

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 198
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 29/6/2010 3:44:01 PM   
AngryDude92

quote:

quote:

Jennifer Tilly

Angelia Jolie
Jennifer Ellison
,a

Great choices mate, can't argue with any of them. You know, there's something strangley seductive about Jeniffer Tilly's voice

I strongly agree. it don't matter what the women looks like, if she sounds like Tilly i'd marry her right then and there

There was once a god who walked the earth, his name was Warren Oates

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 199
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 29/6/2010 6:56:32 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryDude92

quote:

I strongly agree. it don't matter what the women looks like, if she sounds like Tilly i'd marry her right then and there

How true and today i celebrate 19 years of Marriage,which is more like this fab Beer Movie.

Chucky's girlfriend, Tiffany (Jennifer Tilly) manages to find his battered remains after being sucked into the fan at the end of part 3 and brings him to life in her trailer park. Her neighbor, Jessie (Nick Stabile) and his girlfriend Jade (Katherine Heigl) are being tormented by her uncle. (John Ritter) Tiffany upsets Chucky when he refuses to marry her, so she buys a doll for him to play with. Chucky kills Tiffany, and then transfers her soul into the doll she got him. In order for them to be placed back into human bodies, they have to travel to New Jersey to retrieve an amulet to do so. Jessie sees this as an opportunity to escape from Ritter, and they set out on the journey, but not before Ritter is killed by Chucky and Tiffany. Along the way, several bizarre incidents force them to stop at a bed and breakfast. When several more people are killed, they call up their best friend (Gordon Woolvett) to straighten out the situation.
Chucky and Tiffany as dolls look completely convincing,excellent effects with a very dark but funny script.The best parts with them together are the movies main highlights, including a hilarious conversation where Tiffany advises Chucky on how serial killers in the 90's work. That being said, the amount of one-liners in this movie that are actually funny is incredible,thought Chucky gets the most of them,and steals the show.Thar said Tiffany cracks a few gems as well,and as a whole is actually funnier than what Hollywood calls comedies these days. The gore is plentiful and shockingly realistic,and it's fast paced to so no time to get bored,which makes the entery in Childs Play one oof the best.Several deaths in this movie are actually original and creative,and yet we know they are stolen from other horror movies.Like turning Ritter into a new form of Pinhead was a totally brilliant scene,or the  honeymooning couple was a nice death scene,sort of SUSPIRIA in style.The pairing of Stabile and Heigl works great,as they have a great chemistry together and actually behave like a normal couple.Director Ronny Yu  knows how to stage set-ups and pay-offs, and here he shows some great skills that have a Hong Kong influenced look and style.He also directed Fearless,51ST State and Freddy Vs Jason,but the less said about that one the better,and great soundtrack, too,that works well with all the action.7/10

HOT BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to AngryDude92)
Post #: 200
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 7:37:13 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lets not forget Jennifer's sister, Meg. Purdy also but without the 'voice'. She was great in Psycho 2 (1983) and Body Snatchers (1993).

< Message edited by DAVID GILLESPIE -- 30/6/2010 7:39:03 AM >

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 201
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 8:23:09 AM   
aronnn1

the movie is interesting and I really liked it I want to show it again.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 202
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 10:13:58 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: aronnn1

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to aronnn1)
Post #: 203
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 11:18:28 AM   
Dr Lenera

quote:

quote:

quote:

How true and today i celebrate 19 years of Marriage,which is more like this fab Beer Movie.

Chucky's girlfriend, Tiffany (Jennifer Tilly) manages to find his battered remains after being sucked into the fan at the end of part 3 and brings him to life in her trailer park. Her neighbor, Jessie (Nick Stabile) and his girlfriend Jade (Katherine Heigl) are being tormented by her uncle. (John Ritter) Tiffany upsets Chucky when he refuses to marry her, so she buys a doll for him to play with. Chucky kills Tiffany, and then transfers her soul into the doll she got him. In order for them to be placed back into human bodies, they have to travel to New Jersey to retrieve an amulet to do so. Jessie sees this as an opportunity to escape from Ritter, and they set out on the journey, but not before Ritter is killed by Chucky and Tiffany. Along the way, several bizarre incidents force them to stop at a bed and breakfast. When several more people are killed, they call up their best friend (Gordon Woolvett) to straighten out the situation.
Chucky and Tiffany as dolls look completely convincing,excellent effects with a very dark but funny script.The best parts with them together are the movies main highlights, including a hilarious conversation where Tiffany advises Chucky on how serial killers in the 90's work. That being said, the amount of one-liners in this movie that are actually funny is incredible,thought Chucky gets the most of them,and steals the show.Thar said Tiffany cracks a few gems as well,and as a whole is actually funnier than what Hollywood calls comedies these days. The gore is plentiful and shockingly realistic,and it's fast paced to so no time to get bored,which makes the entery in Childs Play one oof the best.Several deaths in this movie are actually original and creative,and yet we know they are stolen from other horror movies.Like turning Ritter into a new form of Pinhead was a totally brilliant scene,or the  honeymooning couple was a nice death scene,sort of SUSPIRIA in style.The pairing of Stabile and Heigl works great,as they have a great chemistry together and actually behave like a normal couple.Director Ronny Yu  knows how to stage set-ups and pay-offs, and here he shows some great skills that have a Hong Kong influenced look and style.He also directed Fearless,51ST State and Freddy Vs Jason,but the less said about that one the better,and great soundtrack, too,that works well with all the action.7/10

HOT BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well congratulations [belated] and yes, this is probably the best of the Child's Play series, tons of twisted fun!

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 204
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 7:04:04 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

Also worth a mention: -

Katie Featherston (Paranormal Activity)

Jordana Brewster

Tara Reid

Oh mate, three stunners there. Jordana Brewster is seriously gorgeous, and Tara Reid, well, the mind starts to go places it maybe shouldn't  Anyway, stop all this!!! I'm finding it hard to flick past this page, and with the wife back i could get into trouble! Actually, YOU could get me into trouble

Horror Cult Film Reviews

Post #: 205
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 7:04:44 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

ORIGINAL: aronnn1

???????

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to aronnn1)
Post #: 206
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 7:09:02 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

quote:

quote:

HOT BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow mate, 19 years!!!!! Congratulations!! And to celebrate watched Bride of Chucky!! Ah, you truly are the King of the Strange and Sadistic brilliant! And you truly are doing Jennifer Tilly proud with these pictures

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 207
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 7:48:46 PM   
evil bill

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

HOT BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow mate, 19 years!!!!! Congratulations!! And to celebrate watched Bride of Chucky!! Ah, you truly are the King of the Strange and Sadistic brilliant! And you truly are doing Jennifer Tilly proud with these pictures

Thanks mate's and it was the night before i watched it,and the reaction from the missus just perfect"what the fuck did i marry"And a voice roared up from hell,"He is The Gatekeeper fear all ye who approach!!!"

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 208
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 30/6/2010 9:35:38 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

HOT BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks mate's and it was the night before i watched it,and the reaction from the missus just perfect"what the fuck did i marry"And a voice roared up from hell,"He is The Gatekeeper fear all ye who approach!!!"

What would Jennifer be if she wasn't an actress?

Somewhere to park your bike?

Bill, you never told us you had met Jen?

< Message edited by DAVID GILLESPIE -- 30/6/2010 9:38:43 PM >

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 209
RE: The Great Beer Movie - 3/7/2010 8:19:23 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

Solomon Kane (2010) is a difficult movie to put a score to. It has lazy storytelling and a god awful, cliched script. It also travels back to a time when fantasy movies were allowed to be gory, violent and key characters die. SC is almost like it has stepped out of the comic page. No saving cute young boys before their throats are slit in this one. Legs will be chopped and heads will roll as Solomon cuts his way throw a horde of demons and creatures. It's even got a nod to the Sword and the Sworceror with a crucifiction chucked into the mix. My favourite scene was certainly the visit to the derelict church where Solomon meets something rather nasty in the basement.The cast (including Max Von Sydow, Pete Postlewaite etc), production values and score are all above par. Fantastic fun for those that miss the old Conan movies. 6/5/10

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Great Beer Movie Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI