Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Castle - Alibi/UK Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Castle - Alibi/UK Speed Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 15/4/2010 11:23:33 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Because it's needed!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE
Post #: 1
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 15/4/2010 5:54:53 PM   
MI Cruise

last nights episode was good and their was even more verbal sparring between Castle and Beckett.
best part of the episode was Castle's telling his theory of what happened to the nanny. - ''somebody better tell me who live's in 8B''

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 2
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 15/4/2010 5:55:31 PM   
vader100

Watched the first episode. First thing that struck me is it's Murder He Wrote but then Fillion's charisma carried it to another level. His surrounding family seem like they could be good supporting characters.

Seems to be well written, witty and fun, should do just fine.

You can't take the sky from me

Post #: 3
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 16/4/2010 8:16:19 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

I have enjoyed so far. I thought the Pilot was a little twee to be honest but had potential. Last nights episode was far better in my opinion.

The supporting characters are reaaly good, the idea of the straight laced daughter and the fucked up adults is pretty enjoyable.

The only thing is I think the Beckett character should be a little more hostile towards Castle, at the moment its played so light that there is literally no dramatic tension between them. A bit of hostility wouldn't go a miss.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 4
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 16/4/2010 9:48:08 AM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

The only thing is I think the Beckett character should be a little more hostile towards Castle, at the moment its played so light that there is literally no dramatic tension between them. A bit of hostility wouldn't go a miss.

I like the fact that there isn't any significant hostility between Castle and Beckett.  It strikes me as a far more interesting approach to take.  Going for the old 'she hates him at first but grows to respect and eventually love him' cliche would have been an easy way to generate instant drama but also entirely predictable.  Having Beckett genuinely like Castle but also be frustrated and irritated by him and his behaviour gives their relationship added dimensions.  It also has a nice 'screwball comedy/His Girl Friday' vibe to it, with Fillion playing the Cary Grant playboy-role and Beckett as Rosalind Russell straightlaced female foil...

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 5
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 16/4/2010 9:57:18 AM   
elab49

Or, in another way, it's just trying to replicate Mentalist's success with a slightly different scenario. But, sadly, without a Cho. Which I think it badly needs.

I gave up on DL but tried again. The mother still needs thrown out the nearest window, the daughter couldn't be more saccharine if she tried (strait-laced kid with flamboyant parent is pretty unoriginal - and she's no Saffy). It passes the time for me, but little more than that, as the leads are OK, and some lines work quite well.

The straight rip from Fatal Attraction the other night was actually quite annoying - do all thwarted mistresses slice up their legs then?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 6
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 16/4/2010 1:20:58 PM   
vader100

Yes, yes they do.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 7
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 16/4/2010 2:04:11 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: vader100

Yes, yes they do.

it's nice to see Alibi advertising on other channels such as ITV1 and Virgin1 that way more people will be aware of this show, I was rather worried that it would suffer being tucked away on a generally unknown channel.

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 8
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 24/4/2010 2:27:23 PM   
vader100

Enjoying watching this still. Makes a nice change of pace from 24 and Lost but I think it needs to expand out a little from the crime a week format for it to keep interest.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 9
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 24/4/2010 6:22:04 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

It is really witty, I'm enjoying this so far.

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 10
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 24/4/2010 6:54:46 PM   
vader100

Some of Castle's little asides are very funny.

Post #: 11
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 25/4/2010 10:28:58 AM   
MI Cruise

3rd episode was decent, there wasnt that much going on between Beckett and Castle though.
best part was possibly his daughters confession.

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 12
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 25/4/2010 10:53:18 AM   
icelandicwolf

quote:

Enjoying watching this still. Makes a nice change of pace from 24 and Lost but I think it needs to expand out a little from the crime a week format for it to keep interest.

suggestions? maybe a nice terrorist plot or some strange monsters in a jungle? Seriously, it's a crime of the week format, there is a underlying sub plot, but it's barely touched on, you get the very rare hint of it.
I must be honest I love the whole arc thing that tele has these days - thank you Babylon 5 :) But it's refreshing to see a nice happy non-stressful show on tele as well, and castle fits that bill perfectly, it's irrevelent, quirky but most of all an enjoyable romp. I don't want it to change from that format.
People are comparing it too other cop shows, and I will be honest I don't watch any other cop shows as it's not normally my genre of choice, and I only started watching castle because of fillion. But it has rapidly become one of my favourite shows, and some of the send up's of movies are nice light comic relief....you have to understand the Castle is a boy, he likes the silly little things, he obviously likes his movies and it plays on it with great effect.
I recently got my finacee into castle and she likings it to Dempsey and Makepeace in a way and I can see why. Sometimes we just need a little laughter in our lives, and Castle delivers that in spades!

this is the captain, we may experience some slight turbelence and then explode!

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 13
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 25/4/2010 12:40:03 PM   
vader100

I'm not too sure at this stage but as the third series has been green lit (I believe) I'm guessing that things do expand out a little more.

It's fun to watch and Fillion has the charisma to make the witty writing work.

(in reply to icelandicwolf)
Post #: 14
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 26/4/2010 3:07:51 PM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: icelandicwolf

quote:

suggestions? maybe a nice terrorist plot or some strange monsters in a jungle? Seriously, it's a crime of the week format, there is a underlying sub plot, but it's barely touched on, you get the very rare hint of it.
I must be honest I love the whole arc thing that tele has these days - thank you Babylon 5 :) But it's refreshing to see a nice happy non-stressful show on tele as well, and castle fits that bill perfectly, it's irrevelent, quirky but most of all an enjoyable romp. I don't want it to change from that format.
People are comparing it too other cop shows, and I will be honest I don't watch any other cop shows as it's not normally my genre of choice, and I only started watching castle because of fillion. But it has rapidly become one of my favourite shows, and some of the send up's of movies are nice light comic relief....you have to understand the Castle is a boy, he likes the silly little things, he obviously likes his movies and it plays on it with great effect.
I recently got my finacee into castle and she likings it to Dempsey and Makepeace in a way and I can see why. Sometimes we just need a little laughter in our lives, and Castle delivers that in spades!

I'm going to agree with icelandicwolf on this one.  As much as I like shows with extended complex story arcs such as Lost or 24 its nice to have shows like Castle in the mix where the interpersonal relationships between characters form the slow burning on-going arcs but each episode sticks to the 'crime of the week' format. 

Although I would never voluntarily miss an episode of Castle, knowing that if I did I wouldn't miss out on some vital plot development makes it a far more accessible show.  Its in keeping with its light tone and doesn't make the viewer feel like they're having to sign up to some sort of long term, binding commitment by choosing to watch it.  That's possibly one of the reasons why it regularly pulls in 12+ million viewers per week in the US.

(in reply to icelandicwolf)
Post #: 15
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 26/4/2010 3:34:40 PM   
jcthefirst

Is Alibi a free channel? Well, not free, but if I have the package that includes Sky1, will I get Alibi?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 16
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 26/4/2010 4:27:29 PM   
vader100

Yes it's part of the Entertainment package.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 17
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 28/4/2010 10:39:34 PM   
MI Cruise

the 4th episode was good, in terms of the story I would say that the murder each week storyline is good I havent seen that many cop shows so it doesnt really bother me and the chemistry between Castle and Beckett is still going strong.

best part of this weeks episode was Beckett's entrance during Castle's book reading at the end boy she looked smoking hot.

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 18
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 30/4/2010 10:17:42 PM   
Fanboyslayer

I'm really liking this so far. It's nice to have this sort of show on and Fillion is always good.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 19
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 3/5/2010 10:22:23 AM   
vader100

Great episode this week, funny (the whole coffee thing had me giggling) and a twistier story (even though I guesses it pretty early). This show is improving all the time. Really enjoying it.

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 20
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 5/5/2010 7:53:07 PM   
MI Cruise

Im looking forward to Castle tonight, love Wednesday nights thanks to this show.

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 21
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 5/5/2010 11:19:54 PM   
MI Cruise

Tonights episode was one of the best so far, we got more information into Beckett's past and the verbal sparring was very fun and enjoyable.
I liked the ending as well.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 22
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 10/5/2010 3:05:25 PM   
vader100

Starting to do what I hoped for. Fleshing out the characters a bit more while keeping the format of the show intact.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 23
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 15/5/2010 10:48:33 AM   
vader100

Loved his flak jacket this week!!

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 24
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 15/5/2010 10:57:56 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I thought it was great again this week, it's a very witty show and I'm really enjoying it so far

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 25
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 26/5/2010 7:12:07 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

How hot did Beckett look in the last episode?

Post #: 26
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 26/5/2010 11:19:27 PM   
MI Cruise

this weeks episode was good as well, they always start with the introduction of the murder followed by some random event that leads to beckett and castle arriving at the scene of the crime, that's always the boring part but once the episode gets underway it's always fun trying to guess who did it and seeing beckett and castle going at it.

Post #: 27
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 31/5/2010 7:46:44 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

The poker games were good fun but this episode felt a little off for some reason....

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 28
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 7/6/2010 5:25:20 PM   
MI Cruise

This week is the last episode of season 1 are they gonna show season 2 next week?

Post #: 29
RE: Castle - Alibi/UK Speed - 8/6/2010 10:03:11 AM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

This week is the last episode of season 1 are they gonna show season 2 next week?

I've been wondering the same.  There's nothing on the Alibi Channel website to suggest that they are.  My guess is that they'll old off on airing Season 2 until the Autumn at the earliest, since Summer isn't the best time to try and attract big TV audiences.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Castle - Alibi/UK Speed Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI