Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 11:16:41 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
best animation ever?? - 14/4/2010 11:16:41 AM   
leroythemasochist

An over reliance on animation is what sealed Star Wars' fate.
Now computers and cartoons have taken over the legacy, there is very little left of what made the original triology so great in the first place.
You can keep your Clone Wars and your navel gazing Jedi soap opera acting of Eps 1,2 & most of 3. It's like Lucas never really understood the true heart of Star Wars - the human face, the cynical 'wtf?' attitude of Han Solo.
Alec Guinness managed to make dodgy dialogue sound like Shakespeare and is the saving grace for the whole Jedi thing but on the flipside of that coin is the dry, piss-take delivery of Ford.
Please George, just let it all rest in peace now, it's over.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 14/4/2010 11:22:57 AM   
hatebox

Really slow news day, huh?

Post #: 3
RE: - 14/4/2010 11:24:16 AM   
Rgirvan44

Remember the days when the Fett man was cool cause we didn't know anything about his background.

Yep. Those were the days.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to hatebox)
Post #: 4
Bothered - 14/4/2010 11:38:17 AM   
Wraggsterino

leroythemasochist said it right. Should have left well alone. Fucked it all up

Post #: 5
Open letter to creators… - 14/4/2010 12:12:48 PM   
pete_traynor

FUCK RIGHT OFF!!! We never wanted to see the coolest character in movie history as an annoying Maori child in live action. We certainly don’t need a weird geometric animated rendition of him now. Neutered, domesticated and child friendly… what have you done?

Post #: 6
- 14/4/2010 12:39:21 PM   
VijayUK

@ Rgirvan44: remember when Darth Vader was the most evil and scary character ever created cause we didn't know anything about his background. Then George Lucas decided to show us what we were missing :(

Post #: 7
- 14/4/2010 12:46:09 PM   
VijayUK

@ pete_traynor: '...the coolest character in movie history as an annoying Maori child.' Well the coolest villain in movie history was an annoying child from the US. Better to just blame the omnipotent creator.

Post #: 8
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 1:07:43 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

Have any of you actually watched Clone Wars? It's great! So fuck off.

You're not going crazy, Arthur. You're going sane in a crazy world!

Post #: 9
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 1:36:13 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: MoBiUGeArSkIn

You continue to be a real charmer.

I have seen some of it. My comments still stand.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to MoBiUGeArSkIn)
Post #: 10
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 1:47:32 PM   
Deviation

Have you seen the animated series from the creator of Samurai Jack? THAT IS GREAT. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 11
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 1:49:29 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Charming indeed!  Much like heroin, self mutilation and drinking ones own urine Iíve never tried it but Iím pretty sure itís not for me. It deals with interpretations of the characters that I find repugnant and refuse to be exposed to any longer. I also find the overall aesthetic and artistic direction of the series uninspired and off-putting. And now the Boba-Baby is in it too so Iím doubly disinterested. Enjoy your viewing thoughÖ

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 12
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 1:51:38 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Have you seen the animated series from the creator of Samurai Jack? THAT IS GREAT. 

That was as good as anything dealing with this soiled period of Star Wars history can probably be. Plus it explained why Grievous sounds like an asthmatic 10 year old.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 13
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 1:51:51 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

I enjoyed it well enough - although that was in the period when I was still telling myself that there was something worthwhile to the Prequels.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 14
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 1:57:56 PM   
Deviation

I really personally thought it was great, it is even the only time Anakin's and Obi Wan's friendship felt truthful. And the action was stellar. The new CGI one I can leave though. 

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 15
Boba Fett = Bad ass - 14/4/2010 3:21:19 PM   
Jonda Fett

Boba Fett is one of my all time favourite characters (alongside Wolverine and Batman) and the fact they are doing this does not change my view point. I have read an awesome origin story for Boba and that is what I will always think of. This I can ignore. The power of imagination...

Post #: 16
- 14/4/2010 3:54:57 PM   
astoroth

does anybody know if anythings happening with the live-action miniseries of starwars lucas was meant to be doing?

Post #: 17
RE: Boba Fett = Bad ass - 14/4/2010 4:00:26 PM   
pete_traynor

If they want to do a fantastic animated story around Fett they should do his track down and face off against Joda Kast. Another bounty hunter who finds Mandalorian armour and trades under the name of Boba-Fett to increase charges for his services. Read a short strip years back of it. And while brief it was a great idea that culminated in a great cat a mouse fight between the two on a remote planet. Bound to be better than this pap! Talk about wasting a great character.

(in reply to Jonda Fett)
Post #: 18
RE: - 14/4/2010 4:06:35 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: astoroth

does anybody know if anythings happening with the live-action miniseries of starwars lucas was meant to be doing?

Sure/hope thisíll never happen. Itís been stuck in production Limbo forever. Think Lucas going off to concentrate on Red Tails marked the death of itÖ Wait a second! What happened to Red Tails? Oh thats right, no one cares...

(in reply to astoroth)
Post #: 19
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 4:14:09 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

quote:

Have you seen the animated series from the creator of Samurai Jack? THAT IS GREAT.†

This is better. Occasionally they have 3 episodes that connect, the Ryloth trilogy being a great example. Trailer below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78x_hZii9Bk

That was awesome.

They also give plenty of screen time to the Jedi favoured in the EU novels etc. The people who actually write and direct the shows, like Dave Filoni, are massive Star Wars fans that want to expose lesser known fan favourites to a larger audience. Characters like Plo Koon.

They've also created some really cool new villains, like the Bounty Hunter - Cad Bane.

Season 2 has been even better than Season 1, the DVD of which comes with a nice sketchbook and conversations with the shows creators on every single one of the 22 episodes.

Then you've got characters like Anakin's student, Ahsoka Tano. Her relationship with Anakin is more interesting and better acted than ANYTHING in the 3 prequel films.

According to rumblings on the net, the plan is to make "at least 100" Clone Wars episodes. Bring 'em on.

< Message edited by MoBiUGeArSkIn -- 14/4/2010 4:19:48 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 20
For those interested in the live action series - 14/4/2010 5:18:34 PM   
chris wootton

Just saw this on IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485985/news#ni1945692

Doesn't really say much but it's something

Post #: 21
- 14/4/2010 5:19:08 PM   
Fastbak

Looking forward to this episode! To all those dissing the Clone Wars CG animated have obviously never seen it. Aint nothing kiddie about it. Watch "Rookies", "Landing At Point Rain" or any episode featuring Cad Bane. Check out the damn clip they just showed with Boba killing a guy in point blank range. Does that look like a kids show to you? They're more hardcore than the actual live action movies! Yeah, Deviation I have seen it and it was great but this is pretty good too. All you guys who don't like it can fuck off.

Post #: 22
RE: - 14/4/2010 5:28:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fastbak

Looking forward to this episode! To all those dissing the Clone Wars CG animated have obviously never seen it. Aint nothing kiddie about it. Watch "Rookies", "Landing At Point Rain" or any episode featuring Cad Bane. Check out the damn clip they just showed with Boba killing a guy in point blank range. Does that look like a kids show to you? They're more hardcore than the actual live action movies! Yeah, Deviation I have seen it and it was great but this is pretty good too. All you guys who don't like it can fuck off.

It's on the Cartoon Network.

(in reply to Fastbak)
Post #: 23
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 9:12:38 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

In America. In the UK it's on Sky Movies and requires pin entry on Saturday mornings through our Virgin Media box. Like the movies, the episodes are rated PG.

Like he said, they're no less violent than the movies at their most violent. Clones are slaughtered - shot in the head, necks broken. Jedi are killed - Kit Fisto's apprentice gets into an ill advised scrap with Grevious and finds himself shot twice in the stomach after getting trapped in a saber lock.

Kit Fisto is actually voiced by Phil LaMarr, who was also the voice of Samurai Jack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-cf2oMPN5I

It may not come with lashings of blood, but I honestly can't think of another kid friendly show (which Star Wars ALWAYS was anyway) that so readily kills off characters.

Post #: 24
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 9:26:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

Thats odd, I seem to be able to access them on Cartoon Network.

Post #: 25
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 14/4/2010 11:25:14 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

This is better. Occasionally they have 3 episodes that connect, the Ryloth trilogy being a great example. Trailer below:

That was awesome.

They also give plenty of screen time to the Jedi favoured in the EU novels etc. The people who actually write and direct the shows, like Dave Filoni, are massive Star Wars fans that want to expose lesser known fan favourites to a larger audience. Characters like Plo Koon.

They've also created some really cool new villains, like the Bounty Hunter - Cad Bane.

Season 2 has been even better than Season 1, the DVD of which comes with a nice sketchbook and conversations with the shows creators on every single one of the 22 episodes.

Then you've got characters like Anakin's student, Ahsoka Tano. Her relationship with Anakin is more interesting and better acted than ANYTHING in the 3 prequel films.

According to rumblings on the net, the plan is to make "at least 100" Clone Wars episodes. Bring 'em on.

Really? I thought this series was rather mediocre. The new villains aren't memorable and the new student is as irritating and redundant as the Ewoks.

And they are on Cartoon Network, and for some reason I have caught three times the same episode about Binks and some pirates. And it is shit.

quote:

quote:

Post #: 26
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 15/4/2010 8:20:11 AM   
Sotto Voce

They could do something like Clone Wars for the REAL Star Wars (the original trilogy) about the rebellion beween ep 4 and 5.
I'd watch that. Luke in early stages of Jediness, Han and Leia flirting away, C3-PO finally coming out, that sort of thing.
And Admiral Ackbar. Can't have too much Admiral Ackbar.

< Message edited by Sotto Voce -- 15/4/2010 8:26:35 AM >

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 27
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 15/4/2010 11:42:23 AM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Thats odd, I seem to be able to access them on Cartoon Network.

They must get first showing on Sky Movies Premiere, and then be repeated out of sequence on Cartoon Network, if repeats are being seen. Sky Movies doesn't repeat them, they played in order, every Saturday at 10:00am and 5:30pm. I think the UK episodes run at 2 or 3 episodes behind the CN screenings in the states.

Best episodes from Series 1 -

"Malevolence Trilogy - Rising, Shadow, Destroy"
"Rookies" - this ep is great, it's entirely based on a new set of clones during an night time assault.
"Cloak of Darkness"
"Lair of Grievous"
"Trespass"
"The Hidden Enemy" - smart ep, alluded the moral ambiguity of the clone army and their unquestioned dedication to war
"Ryloth Trilogy - Storm, Innocents, Liberty" - just plain cool action.
"Hostage Crisis" - introduction of Cad Bane. He came back in the opening of Series 2, but has since vanished. He's cool. I like the VO work. He started kidnapping force sensitive children for Palpatine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44r13ReQ9Zs

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 28
RE: Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett - 15/4/2010 1:43:04 PM   
CoffeeFrapp

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was awesome.

Really? I thought this series was rather mediocre. The new villains aren't memorable and the new student is as irritating and redundant as the Ewoks.

And they are on Cartoon Network, and for some reason I have caught three times the same episode about Binks and some pirates. And it is shit.

The animated series is amazing, especially the massive battles that you see regularly between the clone and droid armies. The only thing that lets it down is the episodes that seem to take you away from the war and go off on a tangent with bounty hunters and pirates, so you're right in that respect but the rest of the series kicks ass. 

Why would Thorwald want to kill a little dog? Because it knew too much?

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 29
RE: - 15/4/2010 6:24:41 PM   
Artoo02

I love The Clone Wars, it's great. Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars was great, but they are very different kinds of programmes. People judging the new one on seeing odd clips or odd episodes are doing so from a position of ignorance, because the series is very cleverly pitched by being accessible enough to be enjoyed as a simple 'cartoon' whilst having interesting themes woven through the plots. There's also been a number of episodes that are basically Star Wars homages to classic movies or elements from great examples of genre movies - last week's episode was like a big Godzilla homage for instance.

quote:

ORIGINAL: astoroth

Yes, it's still in the making. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series
I wouldn't call it a miniseries though!

< Message edited by Artoo02 -- 15/4/2010 6:25:06 PM >

"Let us go forth together in search of the treasure of Lapis Lazuli! Have no fear. Space is deformed on the night of the new moon."
----
"Star Wars is Forever, Roger. And you can Suck it."

(in reply to astoroth)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Meet The Clone Wars' Boba Fett Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI